Auto Service Protection

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Like many others, I was scammed by this company also. I purchased an extended warranty in April 2009 for my 2005 BMW X5 for $3,185. When I needed some work on the car in October 2011, the mechanic working on my car told me he called about my policy but they were shut down. Not only have I been out $3,100 for the warranty that doesn't exist, but I have had to put in an additional $4,000 out of pocket for repairs because it now had no warranty. Another poster here said she purchased a policy from Auto Service Warranty in November 2011, but according to the company message, they were already out of business (with no contact number given, of course).

This company is operated by the same people who repeatedly shut this company down, then reopened it again under a different person's name and then scam a whole new group of people all over again using the exact same number, address, and website. How they get away with this, I do not understand. I am furious. If anyone knows of any follow-up with this company or what we can all do to get our money back, please let us know. Thank you.

I purchased a 36 month premium extended warranty from Auto Service Warranty (Parma Heights, OH) on 1/10/2010 for my 2006 Mercedes. I just took my car in to get a window regulator replaced and gave my warranty information to my mechanic. He called the number and was told that they went out of business in April of 2011. I decided to call myself and they answered the call as Enduron extended warranty, but claimed that they had no affiliation to the company above. They told me they just bought the old domain site. Isn't it strange that they also kept the same 800 number?

Scammers and thieves - they took me for $2,750.00 and it's likely that I never get it back. I called the Atty. General's office and filed a claim, but I won't hold my breath.

I purchased a warranty for my 2002 Chrysler Town & Country in July 2009. The warranty cost said $1297. I haven't claimed anything before. I did not know that the company had been out-of-business until today, when I called the number from the website ( They told me that the initial company, Auto Service Warranty, Inc.(6500 Pearl Road, Parma Heights, Ohio) does not exist anymore. This is ridiculous. The original customers would still think that the link and the company keep running (because the information are the same or similar), until someday when they need to claim just like me. I asked the customer service (888-418-8231) that how can people trust them now if they sell this website to another company again, like, next week or next month? They said that they can do nothing about that. That is, if auto insurance website like this keeps changing the owner, without changing the website and using the easy-confusing name, then all the customers will be robbed without a notice. There will be no door for them to claim anything anymore, whether new or old customers. Not to mention, they can figure it out quickly.

I purchased a warranty for my 2002 Dodge Neon in August 2010 for an initial payment of $199 and $100 dollars each month from September 2010 through April 2011. All were charged to my AmEx Card. In April, the warranty company suddenly went out-of-business without alerting consumers, and did not refund any money. They sold their website to another company and I am left with a useless warranty that will not be honored. I lost $999. Many other people were ripped-off in the same way by this company. Companies such as Auto Service Warranty, Inc. (Parma Heights, Ohio) advertise as being established companies that one can trust, but in the long run, simply profit from the innocent and trusting consumers.

I purchased an extended warranty from them in November 2010. In April, I called the company to see if they had withdrawn the monthly fee of $49.92 All I got was a busy signal for two hours. So I went to the website and there was a different tel #. I called that and was informed that the company was no longer in existence and they bought the name only. I asked where they were and they gave me a referral tel #. I called that and there was a recorded message that they went broke and hung up.

After calling the FTC, BBB and the attorney general in Ohio, I was informed that they would look into it. Now, I'm out $1,400 and have no warranty on my car and have no more money to get one ,so if I have a breakdown, I'm screwed.

Has anyone else inquired on the status of this fraudulent company? I'd like to know since I was instructed to retain an attorney (which will cost more than the $1,400 I apparently lost). Is this how it works? I guess, I should become a crook, they're the only ones who seem to make out today. All I do is pay my taxes and buy a policy to insure me of some financial security. Instead of buying a new car, now I have nothing! Can you help me? Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Service Warranty?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Auto Service Protection Company Profile