4.17/5
Based on 89 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an auto warranty provider?

Auto Service Agency

At Auto Service Agency, we know how stressful it can be to need an auto repair. That's why we work closely with you to help find the perfect coverage for your vehicle. Our contracts offer 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car coverage so you're back on the road in no time and with little disruption to your day-to-day life. You can also sleep a little easier knowing your car won't be left on the side of the road with our courtesy towing. Using ASE-Certified® repair facilities and flexible payment options, we make sure that your vehicle is taken care of, while still staying in your budget. Call or visit our website to get a free quote, and start saving today!

Read More Read More

Last updated: Feb. 17, 2017

91 Auto Service Agency Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Well things started out a little rocky, although the overall customer experience was just fine. CarShield worked very hard to help our claim process, they are very professional, and works together as a team to keep their clients happy. If things work out at the end of the day with using our Omnisure insurance to fix my husband and I Truck so we can run errands faster for our new Grandson we will be highly recommending your agency to friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I was enrolled in the extended warranty when I bought the 2013 Dodge Caravan for good protection of my vehicle and to save a few dollars on the side. Then Auto Service Agency called me and I assumed it was the same company I had in the beginning and I thought I was re-enrolled with the same plan. I had a cheaper rate with my old plan but that has changed. I was also displeased with the plan I had before but with this one, I'm very pleased with the service so far.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Auto Service is the best one to go through. They have the best policy that fit my needs and they were able to figure out a way to get it within my budget. Filing a claim is as easy as cake. My truck went down a couple of weeks ago and all I had to do is take my truck to the dealership, give them the information and they took care of it from there. Auto Service people were very courteous, very helpful and I got my truck within a day. They are also always right on the money and if I got a question, they're right there. The warranty is invaluable and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Submitting claims with Auto Service Agency was all right once they okayed it but it took them a while. I had repairs on my car but they said I can't get a rental car until it was diagnosed. At first, it was a starter, so they put that in. And then they had to replace the whole fuse box. But I had to wait two or three days for their adjuster to come out and look at it and give the okay to put it in. So I was out of car for over a week but it was all right and it's fixed now.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I’ve had Auto Service Agency for my wife’s car for over a year now and we have our payments on automatic withdrawal. I submitted a claim once and it was a painless experience. I’ve known the mechanic for a long time and he's done a lot of work for me before. I trusted him and he did a good job on the car. Everyone has been good so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Service Agency?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I submitted a claim to Auto Service Agency for my AC condenser and the process was fairly easy. I had it replaced and Auto Service paid for it. All I had to pay was a hundred bucks.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

Auto Service Agency is great. They were a little expensive, but they take payments out of our credit card monthly. About a month ago, we had some work done on my wife's car and the auto dealer handled the whole thing.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

When I bought a car, Auto Service Agency was offered to me at the dealership. Their protection specialists were good and helpful. Auto Service Agency is working on an engine repair claim. A defective one was sent and when I drove my car around, it started to make a noise. I took it back to the shop and they tested it so another engine was sent.

The only thing that I would change is the whole rental car issue. Last time, Auto Service Agency only let me get a rental car for seven days but I needed it for longer ‘cause my car wasn’t ready by then. They wouldn’t extend it and I had to get rides from people. But I spoke to some guy and he said that as long as I needed a car, they would do it with Enterprise until my car was ready. So, I don’t know why last time they just rented it for seven days.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Auto Service Agency worked out a good deal for me and they covered more parts for a longer extended time. However, I had two incidents that they weren’t very helpful. But Courtney, one of their reps, fixed everything so I really have nothing to complain. She knew a lot of good services to help me out with the ongoing problems. She was top-notch and should be leading their division in customer service. They had a good customer service recovery.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I got the Auto Service warranty on my Dodge Ram and my experience with them has been good. We paid for it upfront though it's not affordable. I had barbwires put in and they covered it. I'd recommend Auto Service Agency to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I’m by myself and don’t have anybody near me so anything that I was gonna fix with the car, it's always gonna cost me more. I have some things to do to the car and Auto Service Agency had covered most of it, hopefully, so I don’t have to pay. I filed two claims already. I had taken the car to the dealer and had the same person I go to who does everything. He told me that Auto Service Agency is very good and they do claims really fast. Auto Service Agency also accepted whatever the guy in the dealer said that's in the contract. The warranty company paid fast, too so I’m very glad with it. I usually recommend everybody to get an auto warranty. When it’s a small thing, I could pay it but now that I'm retired and can't afford those big amounts to fix the car, Auto Service Agency has been very good.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I had a warranty through the dealership and once I was up after 60,000 miles/5 years, the Auto Care called me and I extended. It has been a great help since. If I know what's wrong with my car, I take it to the dealer and they call Auto Care. All I have to do is pay $100 deductible and they cover it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I had the extended warranty from Auto Service Agency on my previous car and it really helped. I felt like I needed to get the warranty again for my new car. I loved it so I didn't mind paying to get it. I purchased the warranty at the car dealership. Paying for the extended warranty was really easy. They just take it right out of my account. I talked to their customer service one time because they didn't deposit my check and gave me a paper check. I called to tell them that I was going to deposit and they were cool about it. They took it right out as soon as I deposited it. A couple of things went wrong with my old car and my new car that I have now. I've filed claims with them and was told, "Oh it's covered, don't worry about it." It's been wonderful and I love Auto Service Agency. I'm definitely going to keep it. I don't care how long it takes or how much it is.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

We wanted to hedge our bets against major auto repair needs. We bought the extended warranty from Auto Service Agency after the bumper-to-bumper wore off but before the powertrain did. And ever since then, ASA managed everything. I've had two claims. The process is I take the car to the Volkswagen dealer which is an approved shop and the car would be diagnosed. Then the warranty company either approves the repair or sends an adjuster out.

I had one very positive interaction where I called and ASA got back to the dealer in a timely manner. The car was fixed and I came back and picked it up three days later. Then I had one experience where ASA said there was nothing wrong with the car, even though the check engine light was on and the car was dying. Their adjuster came out, drove it and it didn’t do the same thing for him. I had to take the car back home and drive it until it died again about two weeks later. was making a left turn in traffic and the car died out and I got my two-year-old in the backseat. And I had to bring the car back in. But I’ve been told that that’s not usually how it’s done. The dealer said they’ve never heard of it going like that. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I was all upset, less than thrilled, and furious.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Auto Service Agency just saved my rear. The extended warranty that I had when I purchased my Escalade ran out. I’m a firm believer in service contracts on automobiles and most major appliances. I had gotten several notifications from them through the mail. It’s been maybe over a couple of years now that I signed up and started to get it. And it just saved me about $2,000.

My son borrowed my car and when he brought it back he said, “I used a quarter brake fluid.” And it’s never used brake fluid. And he says, “You might wanna have your brakes checked.” I thought it was a minor thing when I took it in Chris Myers Pontiac. It wasn’t the brakes and it wasn’t the brake pads. It was my master cylinder booster that had gone out. I got a whole list of stuff that they found out when they were under the car. The only thing that I thought was strange that they did not pay for that I had to pay for was the fact that after they went and put these ball joints and stuff in. That throws everything out of alignment, but the service contract did not cover the alignment. So, I had to pay for that extra and so with the deductible. That’s no big deal. It was only $296, but if they’re doing the work on it and it’s throwing that front end out of alignment, that’s no longer maintenance.

I have recommended ASA to people that I know because my Escalade’s been most of its life in the garage. It's a 2007 model and it’s only got 65,000 miles on it. It's got to last me for the rest of my life, so I better take care of it. I'm very happy with Auto Service Agency. I’m a retired insurance agent and usually with any kind of insurance policy, one would have a deductible per whatever the occurrence is. So when I was talking to my mechanic, I said, “Okay. Then for each of these things that you’re telling me that you found, I have to pay a deductible on?” He said, “No. It’s for the whole thing.” He said ASA has already approved it. So, everything was covered with the exception of the front end alignment and my deductible. Well, I won't argue with them over $179. We’re not looking at a $3,000 bill.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

With Auto Service Agency, I was solicited at an opportune time. I've just passed 50,000 miles and was wondering what to do. I bought two warranties from them, one for each car. I've only used one warranty one time for a $400 claim so they're well-ahead of the game so far but consider me a loyal and supportive person of Auto Service Agency. I have nothing but okayness around the relationship.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I had called them twice about them taking my money out from my credit card and having them taken out of my account. And they seem not to get it right. I spoke with someone else and they haven't done it. But next month, if it's not taken out of my account, I'll be through with Auto Service Agency. And if they keep pulling on my credit card, Imma be through. I told them to not charge my credit card, but take it out of my checking account. I gave my checking account information. But I haven't had any problems with submitting the claim.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I wanted to be cautious that I thought of getting an extended coverage policy for my 2010 Ford Focus. I went with Auto Service Agency and last time when I took it in for some problems, the Tommie Vaughn Ford dealership was the who dealt directly with them. Auto Service Agency covered some and as for the rest they didn’t cover, I ended up paying much more than I expected to the auto dealer. And what I didn't like was they quoted me a certain amount then the bill was over $100 more than what they had quoted. I sat there for a long time trying to get to the bottom of it but they won. I didn't like it when I got a quote and I was assuming it's going to be $700 then it ended up being $800, which was $120 more.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

My other auto warranty is expiring and it has some many of the extras on it. Purchasing the warranty from Auto Service Agency is easy. However, the dealership had to wait on an adjuster to come out and look at what they had decided needs to be done and then they had to go do something else that delayed it by two or three days of getting my car back and being able to do the work.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I had my extended coverage policy from Auto Service on my other car and needed to keep it on this truck. This past week, my truck ended up in the shop needing a turbocharger. The dealership said that they had to use their dealer part to go back in the truck to be able to warranty it. The part was $3500 and Auto only paid $1800. They only paid what they could get another part for. I didn't understand that when I bought the service. I thought they would pay for the part that was called for, and I was not satisfied with that.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

A friend told me about Auto Service Agency. I bought a new vehicle and put their warranty on top of it. The guy I talked to when I bought it was a real nice guy and knowledgeable. I've had no problems at all in filing claims with them. The service guy at the dealership did the talking when I had a repair done. I’m really pleased and happy with Auto Service Agency and I’d like to extend my warranty again when it starts to run out.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

The manufacturer's warranty of my vehicle will expire soon and having an extended warranty would definitely help so I got one from Auto Service Agency. At first, it wasn’t difficult making payments but things have happened that were not in my control and now it is difficult. They're willing to work with me on payment arrangements.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

It's always good to have coverage on a vehicle and mine had expired, so I got one from Auto Service Agency. The rep came to my house which was convenient. Though I haven’t really done anything with them, I know I have it and I like that.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I don’t know anything about cars so I got an extended coverage policy from Auto Service Agency. They answered all my questions and explained all the different policies; I wouldn’t have purchased a policy if they hadn’t. And as for filing a claim, the garage took care of everything.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I got an auto warranty from Auto Service Agency. When things break down, I need to look into a better solution to maintaining and taking care of my vehicle at a reasonable price. Auto Service Agency will hop on it if I had any problems with my truck. I go through the dealership and they touch base with Auto Service Agency. It's not difficult making payments. I got a six-year plan and everything was secure. I’m pleased with the service, the payment I had and my coverage. I went through the book and have seen what was covered and what was not. And, as I’ve been going on with this 2007, everything’s been good. I haven’t had any problem whatsoever.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I've used Auto Service Agency a couple of times. I took the car down at the shop and the guy there checked it and told me what the problem was. He went on and took the paperwork, called in my claim and then he had to wait till my claim got approved. I told him to just call me when it's approved and I'll bring the car back because I didn't want to leave the car there since I'd be without a car for two or three days.

However, I was a little disappointed because I thought that the warranty covered all electronics on my car. That's what I was told when I bought the warranty, and that's why I bought it. The window regulator repair was covered but the guy at Auto Service said my stereo system wasn't. I’m trying to find out why they don’t cover this problem.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

It's been good so far with Auto Service Agency. Their reps explained the benefits and how to file claims. It was annoying when it got to the price tag. It was wheeling and dealing but eventually, I found a price that I could afford. I filed a claim once and had no problems. I asked the place that was fixing my car if they had any problems with them, and they said no, that they’re one of the better ones they got to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Our experience with Auto Service Agency was not good. We had to get something repaired on on our Suburban and they kept on fighting us about some papers they told me I needed to have. My car’s a 2007 and I had to get every single oil service receipt I ever had on that car. I got it done every 6,000 miles since 2007 and I had never kept my receipts. They never said we had to keep any of those and we only bought the policy a year ago. That was a nightmare in itself. Eventually, they fixed it and they ended up paying for it, but it took over a month to do it.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I sold the pickup to my brother and transferred the remaining amount of the warranty from Auto Service with it. He recently had to use the warranty, and was pretty happy as it was no fuss, no muss. Their price is a little high though.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

A few months ago my car had a problem and I'm happy that the Auto Service Agency covered it. But three years ago, I tried to use the warranty to fix the start and some problem that my car had but they told me they don’t cover that.

Auto Service Agency expert review by Lauren Fix

Auto Service Agency provides protection against high-cost vehicle repairs. They offer different ranges of coverage to accommodate the needs of each individual's vehicle.

• Variety of coverage: The company offers a wide variety of coverage options so you only pay for coverage you need.

• Customizable plans: They allow you to customize your plan to suit your unique needs.

• Road Service: Auto Service Agency's plans include free towing and 24/7 roadside assistance.

• Low deductibles: Their plans come with either low or no deductible so your out-of-pocket costs are minimal.

• Best for: New car owners, used car owners, busy families and high-mileage drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Auto Service Agency Company Information