Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ms. Jackson,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are pleased to hear our Customer Service team has been your advocate and has been working hard to assist you and your husband, as we expect of them.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best Customer Service Departments in the industry.

Please, let us know if there is anything more we can do for you.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Well things started out a little rocky, although the overall customer experience was just fine. CarShield worked very hard to help our claim process, they are very professional, and works together as a team to keep their clients happy. If things work out at the end of the day with using our Omnisure insurance to fix my husband and I Truck so we can run errands faster for our new Grandson we will be highly recommending your agency to friends and family.

Ms. S*******,

Thank you for taking a moment to review Auto Service Agency. We are so happy to hear you are pleased with the service contract you have purchased through us.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I was enrolled in the extended warranty when I bought the 2013 Dodge Caravan for good protection of my vehicle and to save a few dollars on the side. Then Auto Service Agency called me and I assumed it was the same company I had in the beginning and I thought I was re-enrolled with the same plan. I had a cheaper rate with my old plan but that has changed. I was also displeased with the plan I had before but with this one, I'm very pleased with the service so far.

Hi Jason!

Thank you for reviewing Auto Service Agency! We are pleased to hear that you've had a great experience with your service contract.

We appreciate your review. When customers, like yourself, leave comments or feedback, we are able to use that input to learn, grow and improve our company. This allows us to better assist current and future customers.

Thank you for helping us grow! We look forward to working with and for you in the future. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Auto Service is the best one to go through. They have the best policy that fit my needs and they were able to figure out a way to get it within my budget. Filing a claim is as easy as cake. My truck went down a couple of weeks ago and all I had to do is take my truck to the dealership, give them the information and they took care of it from there. Auto Service people were very courteous, very helpful and I got my truck within a day. They are also always right on the money and if I got a question, they're right there. The warranty is invaluable and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Mr. C*****,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your time and apologize for the inconvenience you have endured. We strive to learn from every source of input available to us, to better improve our company and our customers' experience. We are pleased to partner with only the best administrators in the industry to provide you with peace of mind for the next bump in the road.

We apologize if there was a delay getting a third-party, non-biased inspector out to you. This isn't the norm. Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. We will continue to work with your administrator to improve some processes and bring the best customer-driven experience to you and other consumers.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Submitting claims with Auto Service Agency was all right once they okayed it but it took them a while. I had repairs on my car but they said I can't get a rental car until it was diagnosed. At first, it was a starter, so they put that in. And then they had to replace the whole fuse box. But I had to wait two or three days for their adjuster to come out and look at it and give the okay to put it in. So I was out of car for over a week but it was all right and it's fixed now.

Hello Bill,

Thanks for reviewing Auto Service Agency!

We enjoy hearing from our customers. Informing us about your experience helps us to grow & learn as a company! We value all input & appreciate the time you took to give us yours.

If we can do anything else for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I’ve had Auto Service Agency for my wife’s car for over a year now and we have our payments on automatic withdrawal. I submitted a claim once and it was a painless experience. I’ve known the mechanic for a long time and he's done a lot of work for me before. I trusted him and he did a good job on the car. Everyone has been good so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Service Agency?

Hello John!

Thank you for your time & review. We appreciate your business & support. We pride ourselves in working with some of the best administrators in the industry; which allows us to provide customers, like you, with peace of mind.

Thank you for taking time to review Auto Service Agency. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

We look forward to working with and for you in the future.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I submitted a claim to Auto Service Agency for my AC condenser and the process was fairly easy. I had it replaced and Auto Service paid for it. All I had to pay was a hundred bucks.

Thanks for reviewing Auto Service Agency!

We pride ourselves on bringing peace of mind to our customers through their vehicle service contracts. We are pleased to see your contract is helping you by alleviating the cost of unexpected repair bills.

If there's anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

Auto Service Agency is great. They were a little expensive, but they take payments out of our credit card monthly. About a month ago, we had some work done on my wife's car and the auto dealer handled the whole thing.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for reviewing Auto Service Agency.

We appreciate your feedback, as we are always striving to make improvements for our company and the administrators we partner with.

If there's anything more we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

When I bought a car, Auto Service Agency was offered to me at the dealership. Their protection specialists were good and helpful. Auto Service Agency is working on an engine repair claim. A defective one was sent and when I drove my car around, it started to make a noise. I took it back to the shop and they tested it so another engine was sent.

The only thing that I would change is the whole rental car issue. Last time, Auto Service Agency only let me get a rental car for seven days but I needed it for longer ‘cause my car wasn’t ready by then. They wouldn’t extend it and I had to get rides from people. But I spoke to some guy and he said that as long as I needed a car, they would do it with Enterprise until my car was ready. So, I don’t know why last time they just rented it for seven days.

If there's anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Auto Service Agency worked out a good deal for me and they covered more parts for a longer extended time. However, I had two incidents that they weren’t very helpful. But Courtney, one of their reps, fixed everything so I really have nothing to complain. She knew a lot of good services to help me out with the ongoing problems. She was top-notch and should be leading their division in customer service. They had a good customer service recovery.

If there's anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I got the Auto Service warranty on my Dodge Ram and my experience with them has been good. We paid for it upfront though it's not affordable. I had barbwires put in and they covered it. I'd recommend Auto Service Agency to a friend.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are so happy to hear that your vehicle service contract has helped protect your car & budget!

We have plans for customers in all walks of life!

Thank you for your continued support. Auto Service Agency appreciates your business.

If we can do anything for you, please, just give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I’m by myself and don’t have anybody near me so anything that I was gonna fix with the car, it's always gonna cost me more. I have some things to do to the car and Auto Service Agency had covered most of it, hopefully, so I don’t have to pay. I filed two claims already. I had taken the car to the dealer and had the same person I go to who does everything. He told me that Auto Service Agency is very good and they do claims really fast. Auto Service Agency also accepted whatever the guy in the dealer said that's in the contract. The warranty company paid fast, too so I’m very glad with it. I usually recommend everybody to get an auto warranty. When it’s a small thing, I could pay it but now that I'm retired and can't afford those big amounts to fix the car, Auto Service Agency has been very good.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking time to review Auto Service Agency.

We are pleased to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as expected.

Please, if there's anything we can do for you, don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I had a warranty through the dealership and once I was up after 60,000 miles/5 years, the Auto Care called me and I extended. It has been a great help since. If I know what's wrong with my car, I take it to the dealer and they call Auto Care. All I have to do is pay $100 deductible and they cover it.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for the review! We appreciate all the kind words.

Auto Service Agency is very grateful to have your support and continued business.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I had the extended warranty from Auto Service Agency on my previous car and it really helped. I felt like I needed to get the warranty again for my new car. I loved it so I didn't mind paying to get it. I purchased the warranty at the car dealership. Paying for the extended warranty was really easy. They just take it right out of my account. I talked to their customer service one time because they didn't deposit my check and gave me a paper check. I called to tell them that I was going to deposit and they were cool about it. They took it right out as soon as I deposited it. A couple of things went wrong with my old car and my new car that I have now. I've filed claims with them and was told, "Oh it's covered, don't worry about it." It's been wonderful and I love Auto Service Agency. I'm definitely going to keep it. I don't care how long it takes or how much it is.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear you've had some difficulties verifying failures with you administrator.

Please, if you have concerns regarding the claims process or the findings of an adjuster, call our Customer Service Department. We are more than willing and able to be your advocate and speak with the administrator to help solve any issues you may have.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

We wanted to hedge our bets against major auto repair needs. We bought the extended warranty from Auto Service Agency after the bumper-to-bumper wore off but before the powertrain did. And ever since then, ASA managed everything. I've had two claims. The process is I take the car to the Volkswagen dealer which is an approved shop and the car would be diagnosed. Then the warranty company either approves the repair or sends an adjuster out.

I had one very positive interaction where I called and ASA got back to the dealer in a timely manner. The car was fixed and I came back and picked it up three days later. Then I had one experience where ASA said there was nothing wrong with the car, even though the check engine light was on and the car was dying. Their adjuster came out, drove it and it didn’t do the same thing for him. I had to take the car back home and drive it until it died again about two weeks later. was making a left turn in traffic and the car died out and I got my two-year-old in the backseat. And I had to bring the car back in. But I’ve been told that that’s not usually how it’s done. The dealer said they’ve never heard of it going like that. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I was all upset, less than thrilled, and furious.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for reviewing Auto Service Agency.

We appreciate your kind words and support.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Auto Service Agency just saved my rear. The extended warranty that I had when I purchased my Escalade ran out. I’m a firm believer in service contracts on automobiles and most major appliances. I had gotten several notifications from them through the mail. It’s been maybe over a couple of years now that I signed up and started to get it. And it just saved me about $2,000.

My son borrowed my car and when he brought it back he said, “I used a quarter brake fluid.” And it’s never used brake fluid. And he says, “You might wanna have your brakes checked.” I thought it was a minor thing when I took it in Chris Myers Pontiac. It wasn’t the brakes and it wasn’t the brake pads. It was my master cylinder booster that had gone out. I got a whole list of stuff that they found out when they were under the car. The only thing that I thought was strange that they did not pay for that I had to pay for was the fact that after they went and put these ball joints and stuff in. That throws everything out of alignment, but the service contract did not cover the alignment. So, I had to pay for that extra and so with the deductible. That’s no big deal. It was only $296, but if they’re doing the work on it and it’s throwing that front end out of alignment, that’s no longer maintenance.

I have recommended ASA to people that I know because my Escalade’s been most of its life in the garage. It's a 2007 model and it’s only got 65,000 miles on it. It's got to last me for the rest of my life, so I better take care of it. I'm very happy with Auto Service Agency. I’m a retired insurance agent and usually with any kind of insurance policy, one would have a deductible per whatever the occurrence is. So when I was talking to my mechanic, I said, “Okay. Then for each of these things that you’re telling me that you found, I have to pay a deductible on?” He said, “No. It’s for the whole thing.” He said ASA has already approved it. So, everything was covered with the exception of the front end alignment and my deductible. Well, I won't argue with them over $179. We’re not looking at a $3,000 bill.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Auto Service Agency. We greatly appreciate you business and support!

In regards to only have one claim, consider yourself the lucky one! Nearly 84% of our consumers use their coverage within the first two years of protection!

We are pleased to have you on board with us & we look forward to continuing our relationship with you.

Please, let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. We are always here to help.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

With Auto Service Agency, I was solicited at an opportune time. I've just passed 50,000 miles and was wondering what to do. I bought two warranties from them, one for each car. I've only used one warranty one time for a $400 claim so they're well-ahead of the game so far but consider me a loyal and supportive person of Auto Service Agency. I have nothing but okayness around the relationship.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. A Customer Service Representative will be in contact with you shortly to make sure our records match your request.

Thank you for your continued business and support.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I had called them twice about them taking my money out from my credit card and having them taken out of my account. And they seem not to get it right. I spoke with someone else and they haven't done it. But next month, if it's not taken out of my account, I'll be through with Auto Service Agency. And if they keep pulling on my credit card, Imma be through. I told them to not charge my credit card, but take it out of my checking account. I gave my checking account information. But I haven't had any problems with submitting the claim.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. We strive to learn & grow from every source of input we receive.

We are appreciative of your business and support. We look forward to continuing to work for you.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I wanted to be cautious that I thought of getting an extended coverage policy for my 2010 Ford Focus. I went with Auto Service Agency and last time when I took it in for some problems, the Tommie Vaughn Ford dealership was the who dealt directly with them. Auto Service Agency covered some and as for the rest they didn’t cover, I ended up paying much more than I expected to the auto dealer. And what I didn't like was they quoted me a certain amount then the bill was over $100 more than what they had quoted. I sat there for a long time trying to get to the bottom of it but they won. I didn't like it when I got a quote and I was assuming it's going to be $700 then it ended up being $800, which was $120 more.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review & feedback. We use every source of input to improve our relations between your administrator, our customer service and your over-all experience with you vehicle service contract.

Please, don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.

We appreciate your business and your continued support.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

My other auto warranty is expiring and it has some many of the extras on it. Purchasing the warranty from Auto Service Agency is easy. However, the dealership had to wait on an adjuster to come out and look at what they had decided needs to be done and then they had to go do something else that delayed it by two or three days of getting my car back and being able to do the work.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are sorry to hear that you've had issues getting your vehicle's claim covered with your administrator. This is not the norm.

We are pleased however, to see one of our customer service specialists were able to assist you in getting this claim covered. Our highly-trained and licensed agents are willing to go above and beyond for our customers.

Please, if there is anything we can do for you, give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I had my extended coverage policy from Auto Service on my other car and needed to keep it on this truck. This past week, my truck ended up in the shop needing a turbocharger. The dealership said that they had to use their dealer part to go back in the truck to be able to warranty it. The part was $3500 and Auto only paid $1800. They only paid what they could get another part for. I didn't understand that when I bought the service. I thought they would pay for the part that was called for, and I was not satisfied with that.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear you've had pleasant experiences with our Sales Associates and your administrator, as expected.

Please, don't hesitate to call us should you need further assistance.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

A friend told me about Auto Service Agency. I bought a new vehicle and put their warranty on top of it. The guy I talked to when I bought it was a real nice guy and knowledgeable. I've had no problems at all in filing claims with them. The service guy at the dealership did the talking when I had a repair done. I’m really pleased and happy with Auto Service Agency and I’d like to extend my warranty again when it starts to run out.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. We understand different circumstances pop up in everyone's life, that's why we are always willing to work with you!

Please, let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

The manufacturer's warranty of my vehicle will expire soon and having an extended warranty would definitely help so I got one from Auto Service Agency. At first, it wasn’t difficult making payments but things have happened that were not in my control and now it is difficult. They're willing to work with me on payment arrangements.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. Please, give us a call if you need anything.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

It's always good to have coverage on a vehicle and mine had expired, so I got one from Auto Service Agency. The rep came to my house which was convenient. Though I haven’t really done anything with them, I know I have it and I like that.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your sales and claims processes have gone smoothly for you, as expected.

Please, if there's anything we can do for you, give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I don’t know anything about cars so I got an extended coverage policy from Auto Service Agency. They answered all my questions and explained all the different policies; I wouldn’t have purchased a policy if they hadn’t. And as for filing a claim, the garage took care of everything.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to help you keep your vehicle protected. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I got an auto warranty from Auto Service Agency. When things break down, I need to look into a better solution to maintaining and taking care of my vehicle at a reasonable price. Auto Service Agency will hop on it if I had any problems with my truck. I go through the dealership and they touch base with Auto Service Agency. It's not difficult making payments. I got a six-year plan and everything was secure. I’m pleased with the service, the payment I had and my coverage. I went through the book and have seen what was covered and what was not. And, as I’ve been going on with this 2007, everything’s been good. I haven’t had any problem whatsoever.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for your review. If you have any questions regarding your claim or contract, please call our Customer Service Department.

Our agents are always willing to dig in and find out what is going on with a claim, as well as explain the contract's details.

Thank you for your time.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I've used Auto Service Agency a couple of times. I took the car down at the shop and the guy there checked it and told me what the problem was. He went on and took the paperwork, called in my claim and then he had to wait till my claim got approved. I told him to just call me when it's approved and I'll bring the car back because I didn't want to leave the car there since I'd be without a car for two or three days.

However, I was a little disappointed because I thought that the warranty covered all electronics on my car. That's what I was told when I bought the warranty, and that's why I bought it. The window regulator repair was covered but the guy at Auto Service said my stereo system wasn't. I’m trying to find out why they don’t cover this problem.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for the feedback! We are so pleased that both you & your repair shop has no issues with filing your claim, as expected.

If you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

It's been good so far with Auto Service Agency. Their reps explained the benefits and how to file claims. It was annoying when it got to the price tag. It was wheeling and dealing but eventually, I found a price that I could afford. I filed a claim once and had no problems. I asked the place that was fixing my car if they had any problems with them, and they said no, that they’re one of the better ones they got to deal with.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you have had difficulties getting your vehicle repaired with your administrator. It is written in the contract, as well as stated by the sales associates to keep your receipts because they may be needed during claims.

We are pleased to see that your administrator paid to repair the engine and saved you the out of pocket expense.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Our experience with Auto Service Agency was not good. We had to get something repaired on on our Suburban and they kept on fighting us about some papers they told me I needed to have. My car’s a 2007 and I had to get every single oil service receipt I ever had on that car. I got it done every 6,000 miles since 2007 and I had never kept my receipts. They never said we had to keep any of those and we only bought the policy a year ago. That was a nightmare in itself. Eventually, they fixed it and they ended up paying for it, but it took over a month to do it.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your comment.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us in the future, should you be needing our assistance.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I sold the pickup to my brother and transferred the remaining amount of the warranty from Auto Service with it. He recently had to use the warranty, and was pretty happy as it was no fuss, no muss. Their price is a little high though.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear that you received the service and service contract that you expected and desired. It is our goal to qualify our consumer's vehicles with the highest level of coverage at the lowest rates available, making it possible to protect your vehicle without breaking the bank.

If you have questions about your policy, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

A few months ago my car had a problem and I'm happy that the Auto Service Agency covered it. But three years ago, I tried to use the warranty to fix the start and some problem that my car had but they told me they don’t cover that.

Auto Service Agency Company Profile