2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.02/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Audi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: March 12, 2020

I have never regretted anything more than my purchase of the 2019 Audi e-tron. The only upside is that I leased the thing and I am now anxiously counting down the next 33 months (2 more of which I likely won't even see the car), until I can get rid of it. We bought the car on December 30, 2019. I had the car a week and the entire back end lighting system failed. They had no idea what the issue was, so it took a few days to figure that out. Then, they had no replacement part, and no estimated time for when one would be received. Communication was awful and we had to beg for updates.

Finally, my husband called Audi USA after multiple different stories from the service department, and told them if this is how this was going to be we wanted to get rid of the car. Magically, the light bar showed up to the body shop the next day! Had the car back two weeks, and someone rear ended me while sitting at a light. Not horrible damage, but not trivial either. Again, no freaking parts to fix the car, and no idea of when they might have any. Again, begging everyone for information and getting the run around.

Another call to Audi USA and still no parts (they were able to find a few, but there are still several outstanding with no ETA). The car has been sitting at the body shop now since 2/13/20, and there is no end in sight. How, how do you sell a car and not have the appropriate parts to fix it??? No communication, no apologies for how awful the whole situation is. Basically, just a "your out of luck " attitude. Several people at my child's school have asked me about the car, and I have given them every awful detail, and have persuaded several to look for something, anything else!!!!

So, I am now paying close to $1000 for an electric car that I can't drive and likely won't for a minimum of 3 months, and have the pleasure of driving a rental that I am filling with gas pretty much negating the point of the electric car. Thanks, Audi for literally the most awful service I have ever had the displeasure of paying for. Let me leave you with a wonderful piece of advice a college professor gave me in the event anyone from Audi reads this, "Proper prior planning prevents poor performance."

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Do your research before buying any Audi. It is always a headache when things go wrong, but it is unacceptable when Audi America blames loyal customers for Audi's poor engine performance. While driving on a dark 2 lane highway in Vermont our Audi engine seized without warning. My college-age son waited alone for 5 hours before getting towed 40 miles to the nearest Audi service center. The following Monday Audi service shared the news that the engine had metal shavings in it, total engine failure. The car has 61,000 miles on it and had been well maintained.

With service records in hand we took the case to Audi for review. Audi conducted a sloppy investigation and ultimately let us know that we were out of Warranty. Also, they pointed to a policy where they claim only Audi can service the car. When asked to produce the "policy" and to fact check the information in the case history, Audi stopped responding. David Weissland President of Audi America was included on all emails and was fully aware of our dilemma. He stood by the customer service resolution. Quotes for a new engine $12,000.00-$14,000.00. My son could have been killed; Audi has shown they do not care. If you have had this happen to you please file a report with NHTSA so that we can hold these criminals accountable.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

New A6 Prestige purchased Dec 2019. On February 11th 2020 the new car just dies while spouse driving on Post Road in center lane with daughter in car. Car just stops and is immobile. Audi Emergency Roadside Assistance does not show up for 3 hours despite confirms two truck being sent and numerous calls for help. Car and spouse stranded in middle of dangerous road at rush hour. Fairfield Service Center engaged yet waiting on Audi Assistance service vs actually intervening to help a loyal local customer. Explanation is they are not responsible for roadside assistance?

Car towed 3 plus hours after and no explanation why brand new car died. Safety was why we were loyal Audi clients for 12 years and 6 vehicles. Lack of safety is why that’s over. Questions linger on potential dangers of new A6 (reminder of sudden acceleration issues from past). The car suddenly dying if my spouse had been driving on I95 could have been much more dangerous. Post Road was dangerous enough. Disappointed and shocked after 12 years of loyalty to Audi cars and Fairfield Audi.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

A garage door crushed my rear window. The car has been in the dealer's body shop for 10 weeks. I was informed that they are waiting for a part that will be shipped from Germany. The body shop told me that this happens with new model cars. Perhaps buyers should be told that this may happen to them. Meanwhile I have been renting a car for 10 weeks and have not been offered a loaner. Poor service in two counts. R **.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Did you know that Audi has a monopoly on their key fob programming? Me neither. And, this mistake cost me almost $2000 and left me without a car for over three weeks. I admit that I didn't have a back-up key. Initially, I hired a Locksmith recommended on Audi USA's website. He was able to get in the car, setting off the alarm system, but was unable to program the key fob. I then towed the car to the dealer using an Audi recommended roadside assistance towing company. They blamed the Locksmith, that is recommended on their website, for breaking the comfort module.

The Audi dealer and Audi Customer Care acted like they were concerned, they weren't. Instead, they pointed fingers at me for seeking out and using an independent Locksmith, that was recommended on their website. The lesson learned is never, ever buy an Audi - unless you enjoy throwing money away, wasting hours of your time, and being without a car for over three weeks over a minor mistake.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I bought 2010 Audi A4 for my son with 101k mileage, engine broke down at 115k! Called mechanics and they all agree that I need a new/used engine as Audi has an engine that no one wants to open and find what the problem is! All mechanics agreed that Audi’s engine has problems and that Audi USA know about the issue. Bad experience. Never an Audi.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Evidently this problem is well known now and we are looking at an engine replacement as a result of a failed timing chain tensioner and the jumping of the chain. The class action lawsuit and settlement only entitled claims if made prior to Jan 25, 2019, which makes no sense given the issue continues to plaque owners of these vehicles. The treatment of this issue represents gross negligence by Audi. Why, in the case of the excessive oil consumption issue, will they pay $4k to execute a stage 2 overhaul of the engine and at the same time, with regard to catastrophic engine failure, not to the same next right thing?? This is really funny - we had the issue with the oil consumption fixed in the present failed engine. I wonder if we'll have the same issue with a new (used) engine with an updated tensioner and new chain?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

This week for no apparent reason, the glass sunroof shattered while my husband was driving. There was a very loud sound and my husband nearly lost control of the vehicle. Nothing came into contact with glass and there were no nicks. It seemed to break spontaneously. The fabric insert caught most of the shattered glass thank goodness or my husband might have been injured. The Audi dealer is charging more than $800 to fix it. Our position is that there is some kind of defect, and we worry about our future safety, not to mention future expense.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I had an accident and I thank God everyday I was driving an Audi. I totaled one Audi and had no idea. I was still driving it for 5 days before I knew something was seriously wrong. Any other car I would have been dead. I'm on my third one and won't switch.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I own a 2015 AUDI A4. I have enjoyed the car and like the ride very much. However, after a little more than 4 years since I bought the car new, there is a severe problem with the air conditioning system. Since I live in South Florida, it's essential that this works. The AC evaporator failed and needs replacement. The cost quoted me by AUDI in Naples to repair this was $4740 plus tax. Most of this cost is due to labor since it is extremely difficult to replace. The service tech explained to me that the part itself is a little over $1000, the rest is labor cost.

This charge to me is due to poor quality on the part of AUDI. This part should not have failed after only 4 years. In addition, the car is poorly designed if it takes a skilled AUDI mechanic so many hours to repair. The tech said that the entire dash needs to be removed. I'm very dissatisfied. I'm not about to pay this much. What will fail next and and what price to repair it? I will have to get rid of this car since it is useless after less than 5 years. Needless to say I will not be buying an AUDI to replace it.

Audi Company Information