ASAP Auto Warranty

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

At the time of establishing and paying deposit for the contract, I was not informed by Daniel that my contract would not take effect for 90 days. He stated it would take effect immediately. This is false presentation of your service and I want to cancel the contract and have my funds refunded immediately. Please contact me at **.

Have been trying to get my refund back for two months. Promise after promise. Paid them $3400 after four months. Had AC work done and I had to pay for it. So we decided to get a new truck. Called ASAP for a refund and they said they would refund us only $2600. Have been waiting and calling for two months. Still getting the runaround. Very unhappy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Inquired about products and spoke to a VERY knowledgeable rep. and therefore I purchased a product that I think would be good for my peace of mind. One more thing, ASAP should make the experience more personal. I mean I just went back in my emails to view the rep's. name and it's not listed anywhere. That would be a nice touch, make it more personal and I could relay back to you what a great job he did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Knowledgeable, very helpful, only took about 15 minutes. Daniel was very helpful. I would recommend without hesitation. Fast and saved me about. COVFEGE COVFEFE. This was a great experience. Response was fast and only one DAY. Professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very satisfied with Daniel as my salesman. He was professional and knowledgeable. I will recommend him to my friends for sure. I hope if I need to use the services it will go as smoothly as the purchase of it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection]?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had the pleasure of doing business today with ASAP. The sales rep, Ray, was very knowledgeable, professional and courteous. In fact, after I signed the contract, I needed to contact Ray to ask a quick question, and within five minutes he got back to me with the answer. This interaction gives me faith in a company that sets the bar high for customer service. I will definitely recommend this company to family and friends.

Factual basis uncertain

The contract has one half page describing what is covered. There two pages describing exclusions. These exclusions can change a covered item into a non-covered item. Example: timing chain repair is a covered item. If a service bulletin is issued by the manufacturer (this is a note to service technicians on identifying a problem and how to repair) then the repair becomes non-covered.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Excellent customer service and follow up. Great value for the coverage and a very friendly service. I was impressed with Kyle's professional demeanor and helpfulness. He was one of the main reasons for me purchasing the contract. I am satisfied going forward.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Contract is not worth having because when I file a claim it did not pay anything and it cost me a lot of expenses for renter and service fee. Car was at shop over a week before they gave me an answer and it is not clear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wasn't told then when a breakdown occurs I am responsible for the tear down which was not told to me. Also if I have a flat tire they will come out & repair it but the BMW 335ix doesn't come with a spare tire, not an option??? Too many if, buts & and in this. Andrew was very nice and I felt we were getting a fair deal on the warranty until I started reading it completely. $20.00 for this & $40.00 for that? Not sure. Just wanted to have peace of mind for my son going to school 5 hrs away for the first time.

The sales rep who assisted me was very polite and knowledgeable. It was my pleasure doing business with him. I have spoke with him two times, and both times he was very pleasant. I will keep his name and number if I know of anyone who may need insurance.

Factual basis uncertain

I got quoted a discounted military rate and got charged full price. If I didn't catch it on my receipt. It would have never been fixed. This makes the company see. Dishonest to a new customer. Especially after reading the good experience people have had.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been shopping around online for auto protection that would be reasonable to fit my budget. The protection is for a 2007 Ford Taurus. I purchased a 2014 Ford Explorer, which put in mind to get the protection from a Ford dealer.

Factual basis uncertain

I write you as a first time claimant and completely dissatisfied customer. My first claim was declined for reasons that baffle not only my non-mechanic mind but that of three actual mechanics (one of which was YOUR inspector who came to view the car for the second claim). ASAP claims that because the Expansion Tank failed it caused the water pump to fail. The attached scans clearly show the water pump failing first, causing the car to overheat and the expansion tank to fail. I expected that at the very least the water pump would be covered, let alone perhaps the failures associated with the pump failing.

As to the second claim, only a small portion of the bill was covered? So much for no deductible?? I couldn't be more dissatisfied. I'm writing you in hopes that you will review both of these and come to a satisfactory conclusion for both of us. My alternative is quite simple. After reviewing this with my counsel we are confident that's we would ultimately prevail with a legal claim. In which case ASAP would be not only liable for the repairs but my costs associated with the recovery of the bills that I have already paid to get what should have been a large portion of covered repairs. I am a patient man, and am currently 7-0 in lawsuits where I feel that I have been wronged. I would much rather resolve this to all of our satisfactions and continue our insurance relationship for the balance of our contract. Please feel free to contact me to discuss a resolution of this matter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

So far so good! Ray was very helpful. Seems like a good value. Hopefully I won't need you :), but if I do I think you'll be there for me, then I can write another great review! Thank you. I don't want to write anything else but your computer is making me write more! So now I have to give you a bad review. :) Joke!

Factual basis uncertain

I sent my 1st claim and yet to receive a response. 1st impressions are a great way to send referrals. I don't think I will be sending any new customers. I have inquired a few times if my email was received. Was told that it takes 30 days to receive response. No word yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

J. ** was very helpful in explaining the extended warranty and we got a very good discount. We are pleased with the end result. Thank you J. ** for your help. He gave us his phone # if we needed to contact him. We would recommend this company!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My representative Joe ** was very courteous and knowledgeable. I would have preferred to see the policy in writing prior to purchasing, but I went ahead and purchased it knowing that I do have thirty days to cancel. I hope that there is no need to cancel. I'm am pleased with the price and service thus far.

I received a great deal that I couldn't pass up! I spoke with a very professional agent who gave me a great deal of coverage for a reasonable price (even better than my old extended warranty). I hope when the need arises I can see just how good the coverage will be for the duration of time I have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My purchase experience was great. I asked Jacob can I call him back after I read the declaration. I asked to call him back several times and he didn't pressure me to make a decision. Thank you for not pushing and pressuring me to buy.

Everything was fantastic, they got back to me with green light to start work and got me the parts as soon as possible. The only issue was it took much longer to get payment than I would have liked. Other than that my experience was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with ASAP was fabulous. Very knowledgeable, kind and explained everything in a way that I could understand it and not way over my head. I asked questions and they were answered for me to understand. I would recommend ASAP to everyone. A great company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The service technician contacted me saying that the gear box and cluster had to be replaced as it was shorting out. ASAP was contacted by the technician and myself and the phones seemed unusually busy which we had hung up and tried recalling to get authorizations. I am happy with the process by ASAP.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This was much easier than I imagined. Better coverage than my last extra warranty. Above all else the price was reasonable with no deductible. The young man that helped me explained everything and answered all my questions. I was given a great discount on the price for signing up today.

Factual basis uncertain

I bought a car on Feb 17, 2017. About 2-3 days later I called ASAP for an extended warranty. I called back 48-72 hours later and told them I wanted to cancel the service. Wouldn't allow cancellation of service before the 30 day period. The original agent, or whatever they are called, never called me back when I wanted to cancel. I kept getting their answering service. One person named Melanie did call me back, but she said that she was just returning calls and would pass the message on. I don't have any paperwork, they told me I could go online to see my coverage. I told them time and time again, that I didn't need the service.

I have been trying since February to cancel the service. I tried to dispute this on my credit card, but I didn't get the paperwork and so my time period lapse for the credit card company to help me. It makes no difference that I tried for months to reach these people and never got more than an answering service from ASAP after trying to cancel my policy. I don't even KNOW WHAT MY POLICY NUMBER IS OR IF IT EXIST!!! I never talked to Daniel, the guy who sold me the policy, again. I guess when you want to cancel something, you are conveniently forgotten and they make sure they wait you out so you have no options. Total and complete charlatans!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I reached out to this company in an effort to purchase an extended warranty for my new to me used car. I told them that I was just comparing at that time. They called me around a week later offering a better price. I told them I would take the deal and they took my credit card information and I was to receive an email with the policy and exclusions either by the end of that day or first thing the next morning. Several days passed and I did not receive anything.

I did finally receive a call back from one of the original representatives, thought maybe we could get this resolved, but instead he began giving me the whole sales spiel again as if I had never purchased a contract for more money again. I reminded him of our prior conversation and after looking it up, he stated that he remembered and that I had purchased the contract from one of his coworkers that he had transferred me to prior and that he would transfer me back to that person or I could expect a call back in about 5 minutes. Two days passed and no call. I called in again, and told them I wanted to cancel, told that I would get a call back shortly, was told that they could not transfer me to cancellation department and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, of course none were available. I do not want a warranty with a company that plays these games when I don't even have a claim, I would run away fast as I could!

I spoke with a salesman on Wed the 26th and I told him that I was just inquiring about an extended warranty and that I had not purchased the vehicle yet, that I planned to purchase it in a couple of days which was Friday the 28th. He told me that would be fine that he would take my info and I could call back Friday when I purchased the vehicle and he would go ahead and charge my card. I gave him the make and model I intended to purchase and my info and hung up. About 15 min after I hung up the dealership called me and told me that the initial offer of 4% interest rate was a mistake and would actually be 15%. I of course declined and did not purchase the vehicle.

I immediately called ASAP back and told the agent that I was not going to need to purchase a warranty due to not having a car, and he transferred me to the agent who assisted me. Of course I got voice mail, so I left a detailed voice mail saying in no uncertain terms that I did not need the policy and I was not going to purchase the car we had discussed and I did not need or want the policy that he could delete my info and I would call back when and if I purchased a vehicle in the future.

I then called back again and spoke to Steve ** and explained the situation, and he assured me all of my info was deleted and that I did not have to worry about any charges because the account was not active and he had annotated the account so that my card info would not be charged. I even repeated that I was worried about my card being charged because they had my info, and he assured me that would not happen. Well, It happened I got charge $300 the next day even though I never actually authorized anything! This has been reported my Bank's Fraud Unit as a fraudulent charge that I did not authorize.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I received a quote in my email inbox, so I had a few questions. Called up the 800 number, and spoke to a rep. They laid out my options to me and recommended additional plans. They did try to meet the quote I received and offered a better alternative. I was satisfied with the level of coverage and payment plan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very pleased with Andrew ** and how he took the time to review all the details of my warranty and found me the best plan I could afford. He also worked with me on getting some promotions on my plan that saved me some additional money. He took his time and was very patient with me. Much appreciated and would recommend to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Fair price, good coverage, easy to work with. All forms, etc. were completed online and very efficient. Substantial discount given by simply asking for a better price. Checked company. They have good reputation. I hope the service is as good if/when I need to file a claim.

ASAP Auto Warranty Company Profile