4.15/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ASAP Auto Warranty

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard Auto Protection, widely known as ASAP warranty, can eliminate covered auto repair bills. With ASAP warranty's Vehicle Protection you can take your vehicle to the repair facility that you are most comfortable with and let American Standard Auto Protection take care of the bill. ASAP warranty will pay your repair facility directly for all covered repairs and eliminate the hassle!

ASAP warranty is the direct provider or better known as the administrator and obligor of your vehicle service contract. The old days of buying from brokers and dealers is now out window. With American Standard Auto Protection (ASAP Warranty), you will save time and, more importantly, you will save money on covered repairs. As a direct to consumer administrator, ASAP will be with you every step of the way.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

449 ASAP Auto Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was very pleased with Jhon and his persistence to help me to his fullest abilities. I really love asap customer skills and availability. I also would like to thank Jhon personally for the extended coverage on my vehicle. Thanks you guys very much.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have a 2007 MB S550. The contract covers Hi Tech parts. My issue is with the transmission under the contract is covered. The car was dropped at the shop on Monday 10/9/2017. After the shop send the codes to ASAP they ask me for the service records, bill of sale and car registration which I send on 10/10/2017. On 10/13/2017 they send an inspector and his report shows the same codes as from the shop. Today 10/16/2017 after the car was sitting at the shop for 9 days they denied the claim due to a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) from MB way before I purchase the car (I purchase the car on 3/18/2017). I contact my attorney to see what can be done against this fraudulent company. If anyone is filing or are on a class action suit against this company please let me join.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Took car to repair shop and ASAP approved the repair but never paid repair shop. Shop and I made multiple calls over 2 weeks to get paid and the only result was a invalid credit card number given to repair shop. I requested a refund for breach of contract and they want to prorate refund even though warranty was unable to be used and worthless to me. I ended up spending $1400 to repair shop without being reimbursed anything. Horrible customer service, they never returned any of my calls.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

One morning I woke up and realised I don't have warranty. I decided to call ASAP. I was so privilege to speak with Mr. **, he was so helpful, he understand my concern and value. I would like to thank ASAP and Mr. ** for the wonderful job.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Had an electrical issue with my vehicle that wasn't resolved. Try to submit a claim and wasn't satisfied with the info I received. Now I riding without my reverse camera, no Bluetooth, seat warmers. No control over the screen. Was not given.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection]?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY FROM ASAP!! If you have also been scammed into buying a fraudulent bumper to bumper warranty please email **. Include basic contact information (name, phone number + email) and my lawyer will gather up all the signatures required to proceed. My Story: I was sold a fraudulent aftermarket Bumper To Bumper Auto Warranty under false pretenses and I JUST KNOW I can't be the only one!

When searching for an auto warranty on Google, you'll find paid advertising for ASAP Auto Warranty on the 1st page. When you call and ask for a "bumper to bumper warranty" the sales reps will say that's what you're getting. When you mention certain items that a bumper to bumper warranty covers the sales reps will assure without a doubt that's what you're getting. I drive a 2010 Audi Q5. This model is known for having a reliable engine and transmission. So I only asked the sales rep about the electronics in my car such as the panoramic sunroof and sunshade, the windows and the radio. I didn't even ask about the engine and transmission, water pump and other various engine components because there are no bumper to bumper warranties that don't cover those kinds of items by default. He very confidently assured me that the warranty I was buying was indeed a Bumper To Bumper Comprehensive Warranty.

Then they pressure you into quickly buying the alleged bumper to bumper warranty with a special, sale or discount of some sort that will expire if you don't purchase right away or within a number of hours. I felt as though I was getting a deal because they allowed me to make payments. 8 months later something fell in my sunshade while open and tore it off the tracks. That's when I realized they don't even offer a bumper to bumper warranty. I went to go get the sunshade on my car replaced and was told that's not covered. At the point of sale I SPECIFICALLY asked about the sunroof and sunshade prior to buying this fraudulent warranty. When I called to complain ($2400 later I might add) their excuse was, "You signed the contract. You had 30 days to cancel it."

So of course when I tell them what the sales rep offered they say it's impossible. And of course when they say "We'll try to pull up the conversation" they're not going to actually do it because it would cost them money. Now I don't know what business model they use. But at MY job we don't talk with customers for over 30 mins telling them the wonderful services they'll get only to hand them a contract that doesn't include ANY of what we talked about. And if I'm not mistaken, my job training informs me that if you advertise a particular product and then offer them something else at point of sale that's what's known as "Bait and Switch" which is illegal. I can't do that at my job. I have since found other reviews of customers who were also fraudulently sold "bumper to bumper" warranties. I am now working with a lawyer to do a class action lawsuit shortly.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I will keep you posted because this experience isn't over yet. I have been waiting for my car window to be repaired. The claims department said yes to my first claim and had the part sent to the service department of my dealership. The part was for a different car, so it was returned. While waiting for the right part, I tracked it and it said that the new part was sent back, requested by the sender. It has been one week without my car, and now I have to wait for the claims department to figure out what happened. I am still without my car, and I am told it will be three to four more days before the dealership will receive the correct part. I think I should be offered a rental car because the mistake was on the side of ASAP.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Engaged ASAP Warranty approx 18 months ago (fully paid 50k 5yr warranty) and the first time I submitted a claim, they knocked it back (air suspension went out). That's fine, I accepted it and fixed it myself. The second claim (fan belt pulley) they approved even though there were no fault codes or errors in the vehicle but my indy had identified it during a service. 10k miles in and I took it in for a diagnostic and inspection with MB and they came back with (primary items) transmission valve body replacement, valve cover gasket, main seal gasket, front right axle replacement... totaled approx 8k. Which of course came to a shock to me but hey, that's why we take out the insurance right? I ask them to liaise with ASAP. ASAP asks me to send them the service records 3 days later... I send them 75 pages showing all service and maintenance done.

Two days later they ask me to send the vehicle back for an inspector to visit the vehicle. 3 days LATER they finally tell me they won't honor ANY of the issues down because there's no fault codes and it's a MECHANICAL breakdown only policy... seriously I do believe it's because they decided that me cancelling my policy (and getting a prorated refund) is less of a hit than them honoring policy.

Their service and attentiveness leading up to you signing on is excellent, but the claims department and everyone after that point give me the impression that they have NO interest in trying to help you, and though I do not blame them for what they have to do, I do think that the nature of their job (dealing with irate clients who just would like timely service) has made them almost robotic in their approach to customer care (or lack of). So even though it's sure other people may have had success with these guys, unfortunately that's not my experience and has put me off warranty companies altogether...

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

So far so good. I can only give ASAP good marks since I haven't really had much experience with them as yet. I can say, the coverage and the cost of the warranty was the best value I found. I'm happy to update in the future.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Policy going into effect only in 2020, So nothing much to add there. For now, had awesome customer service and George ** who was very prompt in providing the quote and he got me a good price. Would definitely recommended to friends and it was easy to set up.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

After some research, I contacted ASAP for a quote on my low mileage '09 vehicle. I used a discount code I received while researching, and was very pleasantly surprised to get even better terms than I found while researching, at a very reasonable price. They were rated #2 in my research, but I rate them #1 in customer contact, rates, and terms of the contract! Now to see how they rate with customer service in the future...

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

When calling this company if for some reason you need to use the product you purchased you have to deal with very snotty attitude from the girl who answers. The customer service is horrible, they never get back to you like they say they will and give you complete runaround. Lasted over a month then say claim is denied and there's no way to dispute their decision. If you want to buy extended coverage for peace of mind Do Not buy this place! You'll jump through all their hoops and pay for service yourself!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Thank you Ray ** for giving us a good price and good plan. Total performances with very good options. Thank you to represent good and explain very good the total performance. Thank you Ray **. He was giving us very good deal and have a lot of patience to wait for our decision. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Jacob ** did a real good job for his prompt return phone call to provide the extended warranty for my 2009 Chrysler town and Country van! His honesty and prompt service was outstanding and very appreciated. I would recommend American Standard Auto Protection to everyone.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Like many reviewers, I had a mostly positive experience purchasing the warranty, however when I called back to say I'd changed my mind, the salesman (the same one who had been so kind and polite) hung up on me. They did process my return, but the paperwork said it could take up to 30 business days for me to receive my refund. After 29 business days, I finally received an email, saying they were processing my refund and I could expect to receive it within 5 business days.

It took 32 business days (that's almost a month and a half!) to receive my money back. There's no reason (other than them dragging their feet so they could collect interest on money that was rightfully mine) for it to have taken so long. If it took that long to process a refund, can you imagine how long they'll take to process a claim? They don't care about their customers, and they obviously have no interest in having my business in the future (if I decide I do want an extended warranty).

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

It's a cheat and scam. AC repair service denied. The side view mirror motor not working, not covered. Very sneaky and messed up service protection. I understand if something is gone due to lack of maintenance then yes, not covered, but here both items are mechanical, and module programming and repair.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

ASAP has excellent customer service! They also have very fair pricing. For what you're paying, it was a great value! Joe ** was my representative. He was very pleasant to work with and addressed any concerns. I would highly recommend ASAP to protect your assets! The overall experience was extremely positive.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Very pleased with warranty quote and coverage details! Sales representative was helpful and friendly and made me an offer I couldn't refuse! I was very surprised at the amount of coverage I am getting and for a low price plus zero deductible.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

After signing up. I was charged my premium and informed I would receive my information packet. I signed up 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive anything in the mail. I called and spoke with a rep last week and was informed there would be something mailed out for a second time. I have still yet to receive anything. Now I am questioning the quality of service ASAP provides.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I purchased Full cover auto insurance from ASAP insurance (American Standard Auto Protection). I provided them the Truck Vin #, license plate, body type, and accurate miles. This truck is only used for personal vehicle purposes but according to the California DMV a Pickup truck (CVC 471) all trucks are registered as commercial for classification and amount charge purposes only. It does not indicate that the truck is commercial or actually used for commercial purposes in any manner (which it never was since my ownership).

The company ASAP insurance has hung up on me several times, is rude, and claims they will not insure my Truck that they agreed to insure simply because of California law CVC 471. If they were professionals at their jobs they would know the current laws and DMV requirements in all states that they offer insurance for. Since the original contracted stated all the fact including but not limited to the state that the truck was purchased and registered in they acknowledged any current and future laws that the state of California may implement on the verbiage of registration.

The registered owner of the vehicle is a person and not a company, in addition the auto insurance is also under a personal policy indicating that there is absolutely no commercial use involved with this truck. In short, ASAP (American Standard Auto Protection) entered a contract but is stating due to California CVC 471 law that they will not adhere to their own contract. I agreed to sign any statement stating that there was absolutely no use for any commercial purposes in this vehicle since my ownership. I'm waiting for an emailed response back from a supervisor. I will need your response back in writing as well for my case. I just spoke with a lawyer and they indicated that you would have no ground to stand on with this.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

All good thus far. I hope to never use this extended warranty... but it gives me peace of mind to have it on this great car. If I purchase another car I will certainly ask for a quote at that time. I would recommend this to others as long as my good experience continues.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I'm happy with my experience with ASAP. They were able to provide me the confidence I need by offering me a reasonable warranty for my recently purchased 2011 Porsche Panamera with high mileage. Other companies were unable to work with me, but Jacob ** was able to get the job done. Excellent service and I would definitely recommend this to a friend and dealers.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Excellent! Quick! No problems so far! Excellent service!!! I purchased a 2 year car warranty, I love my payment arrangement and service. Although I have not used the service yet, I am pleased with what was explained to me. So far, the company kept their word on the quote that was provided to me and I called back and everything was the same.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Andrew was really helpful in explaining your different plans that was available to me for my car. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a ext warranty. I was impressed with what was covered and where I would be able to take it when the time should be needed.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was shopping for my 528i BMW extended warranty and found American Standard Auto Protection online. I spoke to Mr. Joseph **. He was very professional and courteous over the phone. He explained everything to me in detail and gave me excellent price for my extended warranty. I am very pleased with their service and will recommend American Standard Auto Protection to anyone who is shopping for an BMW extended Warranty.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I compare them to Century21, Car insurance the best in the business. A must for owners of valuable vehicles. With the rising cost of maintenance for exotic cars it is a breath of relief for the owner to maintain, and be able to drive.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I spoke with Daniel, regarding extended coverage for my 210 Cadillac DTS. He was very pleasant and answered all my questions leaving me with a positive feeling for ASAP. I'm looking forward to the next four worry free years with my car covered for unexpected service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

A wonderful experience. I explained the need for warranty and the customer service rep was very knowledgeable and provided a very Comprehensive product at an affordable price. This was exactly what my family was looking for. Thank you ASAP Warranty.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I really loved the way my extended warranty purchase experience was handled and also accommodated to say the least, it was the best thing I can do, both for myself and my car. Hence the back that I was given very good consideration to my financial situation and military status, which allowed for better distribution of how I will continue making payments to the policy so that I can maintain my warranty service and preserve my vehicle with much necessary support as it is, since very much of the repair of the car during its lifetime, focuses in how many of its mechanic, and other accessories, like the electronics, continue to function.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Agents are very disrespectful and unprofessional. This warranty is a big scam. They undercut you on service prices and compete by trying to purchase parts online from foreign and unreliable sellers. No matter what the standard price is for a part if they can find it online through any site for cheaper they will give that going rate... STANDARD PRICE 250. They find it online through ANY SITE OR POSTING that's the max price that they will allow for your car to be repaired.

Allowed them to order part. Told me it would be next day delivery. Been waiting 5 days... part has not been shipped out and will not be shipped for another 5 days so I will be without a vehicle for at least 10 days!!! Would not even give a rental!!! The reps play on the phone by sending you to voicemails, will pick up phone and see that you're still waiting on hold and continue to keep you on hold. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! But they are not brokers and they will never pass you on to someone else. They are there for you 24 hrs. 365... IT'S A JOKE!!!

ASAP Auto Warranty Company Information