ASAP Auto Warranty
Based on 125 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

ASAP Auto Warranty

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

American Standard Auto Protection, widely known as ASAP warranty, is no longer able to take on new clients or maintain current obligations.

Current customers will receive a letter in the mail with more information.

View More View More

549 ASAP Auto Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2018

Both companies are considered VSC Administrators Inc. EIN 45-4986990 and declared bankruptcy in the United Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of New York. Case number 1-18-41304-nhl, Date case filed for chapter 7 on 3/9/2018. I have two policies on two separate cars both under VSC Administrators Inc. On June 22, 2017 I purchased an extended warranty for one of my cars with ASAP Auto Warranty Company. The recorded message on their phone stated that they are unable to accept new customers and WILL NOT be able to service their current customers. Their policy is to only accept customers that pay in full so I lost my entire investment in the policy and no longer have the extended warranty coverage for my vehicle. There was no mention on the phone message that explained next steps for their customers. Now I have lost the money that I paid for the warranty coverage and do not have an extended warranty for my vehicle.

On 3/19/2018 I received a letter from the Bankruptcy Noticing Center at 45479 Holiday Drive, Sterling VA. 20166-9411 telling me that VSC Administrators, Inc has gone bankrupt. The case number is filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of New York. The Case number is 1-18-41304-nhl. The date case filed for chapter 7 was 3/9/2018.

I called several times to understand if they are in business and was told that they wanted to send me a $100 Walmart gift card and asked me for a credit card number. I told the person on the phone that I would not give them a credit card number and that I wanted to speak to a manager to determine if they are still in business and each time they waited a few minutes and hung up on me. On 10/20/14 I paid $2,490.00 for coverage that turns till 10/20/2019 and would like to find out how to recover the balance of my investment in their auto warranty policy. This constitutes stealing, and I would be happy to see the people responsible brought to justice.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Received a notice for ASAP Warranty bankruptcy today. Also listed a VSC Administrators, Inc. filed for Chapter 7, stay far away from this company. To those of us who have been affected, check your mail for notice.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I just got a letter saying they have filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy. I think I was just robbed. I paid over 6000 dollars for warranties for my car and my wife’s car about 4 months ago. The salesperson on the phone told me 100% coverage, but when I got the packet in the mail, realized I was lied to, but I thought some coverage is better than none. I was wrong. I couldn’t afford the warranties, but they were for peace of mind. Now I will be unable to repair anything that happens to my car, because 6000+ dollars was wasted.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Sorry I bought policy from ASAP. In short: their website is down, phone is down, emails are bouncing. They are out of business for sure. At least they can't fool anyone in buying from them anymore. Terrible experience. If I can testify to get their CEO in jail, I would. Massive scam.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Should of looked into the package details better. Agent told me I'm 100 percent covered. Not really. Only at all something covered. For that I would of just preferred paying out of pocket. Agent needs to explain what comes in the package And not just worry about making money of the customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection]?

Original review: March 6, 2018

Well I have now learned that this company set up a really good website, Made their review high, made them the top warranty country backed by BBB and ConsumerAffairs. ALL a LIE AND DECEIVEMENT. Before all of this came out: I joined end of 2016, made payments, they were nice, then things got worse and worse each month. No way to pay online became fishy, it's 2017-2018. Then they set the answering service on to take all calls, to now closed! Over $1600 and still 50,000 miles that I should have coverage for (not like they would pay out from what I hear and read now).

I will be reaching out to BBB, FTC, here on ConsumerAffairs, Delaware's Atty General, my bank, and pray I can put a LIEN against all who owned and co-owned this company so they cannot open anything else. Now I just saw they ran scams on FB and web page with fake good reviews. (Read the FB post with 5 stars - they are mambo jumbo words and sentences that makes no sense...) Frustrating and sickening companies can get away with doing this.

Original review: March 1, 2018

This warranty is a scam, no refunds = scam. I was processed a refund three months ago and every time I call to check on it they say they will call back or billing will call back and no one ever does. SOOO many other people have this problem too. BEWARE. SCAM. Leaving horrible reviews everywhere I can. Cannot believe how great the sales team are and nonexistent the billing and claims people are. Dishonest company, pathetic.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Documentation of my poor experience with ASAP: I foolishly purchased an extended car warranty with ASAP (American Standard Auto Protection) thinking I would have added security with future car repairs. Boy was I wrong! This company thrives on getting you as a customer then leaves you hanging when a claim for car repairs is submitted. The Dealer had a heck of a time calling in a claim requiring multiple calls along with the nuisance of 45-minutes wait times to find out the "claim status?" After 2-days of NO communication with ASAP Claims Department I called ASAP Claims Dept only to experience the long wait times of 45-minutes then getting cut-off! I was not successful getting through the whole day only to finally reach the Answering Service. Very frustrating indeed! The next day, I finally get thru and speak with an unprofessional Claims Rep. only to find out that ASAP has "denied" requested repairs from the Dealer?

I was confused as the "repairs" were listed Covered Service on the policy. I then asked, "why NO Call had been given to the Dealer to notify them of their decision?" Instead, I only to got an unsatisfactory response! After an unprofessional discussion, I informed the Rep that I wasn't satisfied and wanted CANCEL my policy. She immediately replied that a Cancellation Request Email would be sent. The Claims Rep did not bother trying to keep me from cancelling my policy or for being a valued customer? I finally received the Cancellation mail the next day.

After 2-weeks of trying to speak with a Manager, having left numerous messages with the Answering Service and Customer Care at x2 and leaving 3-voicemail messages at ** -- I still have not received a callback from an ASAP Manager in order to discuss the "ridiculous" Refund Amount stated on the Cancellation Email -- which was emailed 8-days following the Notorized Cancellation/Odometer process. ASAP uses the Pro Rate Method; calculated (I) Time Used, (II) Number of Miles Driven, and/or both. After 85 days, 314 miles Driven since the effective date with No Claims Paid, Poor Customer and ridiculous wait times on hold -- ASAP now wants to keep 1/2 of the $554 paid on the policy?

SCAM is definitely what ASAP is all about. Anyone considering this company for car warranty service will only be disappointed in the end - just like the countless other individuals who have also taken the time to write their Poor Reviews and their bad experiences. Next step, file a formal complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Thank you for reading MY Poor Review.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

No call back. I have a truck that is broken. And no one for the last 5 day have call me to help me but you keep taking money out of my bank. Screw you I am done with you. Talking to my lawyer Friday morning.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

When I first found ASAP, I would call the business and the customer service rep for new customers always answered on at least the first ring to recruit new customers. Then after my money was taken and new members packet given, all of a sudden everyone is just an answering service but can do nothing about claims or even refunding money. I feel this company is a fraud and I do not recommend it to anyone. So far, I have spoken to Jessette, Bailey, and someone else who did not give me a name but rather put me on hold for 45 minutes and then hang up. Or the reps that claim that there is no supervisor in office and they will send your call with highest priority. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced and they took $2,200. I will be escalating this issue.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Initially I wrote a 5 star comment because I felt the salesperson answered my questions. I went ahead and went with them. I'm still in way within my 30 period. But now I'm not sure the salesperson even works there still. No email response, no answer calling directly, so I use the company directory and he can't be found with using their 3 digits of the last name. Every time I've called since last week no matter the prompt you select or time, I always get the answering service. I gave them the benefit of the doubt on Monday being a holiday 2/19/18. Every time I've left a message they said they will mark it urgent but until now since last Thursday 2/15/18 I haven't received any responses.

I was actually going to add my wife's car and up my coverage, but if this is how they deal with this I can't imagine trying to do a claim. Not sure why they are ranked 2nd on here. It's the old saying if it's too good to be true then it must not be true. I'm trying to cancel it now and get my refund before the 30 days. But no one is calling back. Hmm, wonder why?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

This is the worst scam company. I don't know why ConsumerAffairs has not done anything with them. They are still doing business (ripping people's). My brother and I each bought an auto warranty from American Standard Auto Protection and not only that they don't want to covered the repairs. They haven't refund me my money. We cancel my subscription 4 months ago and still waiting for the money, I been contact the BBB and ConsumerAffairs and they have done nothing. My next step is to contact the Federal Trade Commission to see if they do something for us, and everyone else that is being rob.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I purchased my policy from ASAP in October of 2017. In February of 2018 my car broke down. I had it towed to my mechanic and immediately called ASAP to start the claim. It has been two days, 12 calls to the company and I still have not received a call back to start a claim and my car is still sitting at the shop waiting to be looked at. Worst service I have ever had.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I bought a used car and had the car covered by ASAP warranty. After the waiting period of a month the car broke down three days after the 30 days waiting period. Bad luck on my part. They told me the car was faulty before the contract and left me with the bill. So I canceled my contract for a refund and to get the repairs done. It's an extremely long process to get your money back and they are terrible about communicating with you. ASAP Warranty doesn't set accurate expectations nor do they communicate to set an accurate deadline. I am still waiting for my refund and I canceled my contract on 12/12/17. I am writing this on 2/20/18. A representative told me, the refund amount would be credit to my account after 30 business days. I have been calling them since and no reply. Don't do business with ASAP Warranty.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

After posting a positive review a few weeks ago, I've changed my mind. George **, who was so accommodating during the sales process, is ignoring me. He told me that I could cancel within 30 days, and when I tried to do this, I have been ignored to the tune of over a dozen phone messages left, several emails, and someone named Daniel assuring me that my refund would be processed immediately. I am contacting my bank to process a claim of fraud (service paid for, not provided) to get my money back. Zero integrity.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

This warranty company has been rated in top 5 companies for extended warranty. I don't know why. This is the worst company I am dealing with. I canceled my contract two months ago, they sent me an email with the odometer disclosure form. I filled it. Notarised and mailed it to them. But still I did not have any update on my refund. Every time I call the customer service number it takes forever to get connected, after getting connected they say that they are going to send the email with my refund information but never do so. This company is stealing money from people. I don't recommend this company to anyone at all. Please choose other warranty companies.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I think this company is going under based on all the reviews and that my situation is exactly the same. Cannot get anyone to call me back for repairs made to my car. Waiting 3 weeks for a return call. They put you on hold and never pick up. Anyone who gives them money will be scammed.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

My car has been at dealership for several days and adjuster has yet to call back with many messages left by dealership and also my, the policy holder. I am now without any transportation and no idea when my car will be fixed. This is very unacceptable and a breach of policy contract. I've left many messages with no other options as to how to get in touch with a company representative. I'm beyond disappointed and stress and this is the reason as to why I purchased this policy to avoid these awful situations.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I was offered a plan. I never signed contract. Because something seemed off. They got my credit card but he said he would not charge it. And remind you I still didn’t agree or sign anything. I had to call 10 times to Cancel. They said they canceled and that the payment was taking out. It’s was 30 days ago. I still have not got my money back. I have been calling this company for the last 3 weeks. No one call back it goes to their answering service. You leave your phone number all you want but still no call. They have 1000 dollars of my money and I cannot get it back. And you can’t reach the company, I took a risk on this company. The reviews are funny. They have a higher rating but read the reviews. It’s fake. FAKE, FAKE, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. 3 weeks after 50 messages. I have not got one call. Call the number on their site. It’s not them. There is NO NUMBER TO THIS COMPANY. I’m warning you stay away from this company.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Tried 3 times to speak with someone regarding a claim, have yet to speak with anyone other than the answering service regardless of when I call. Still no contact. I did get in touch with my credit card company and the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Each time I called ASAP, the claims rep tells me "somebody will get back to you". I called Dec 2016, several times in Jan 2018. No callbacks. No postal mail in regards to my pro-rated refund. The service contract was from June 7, 2016 to December 22, 2016. I have filed a complaint with BBB. STILL waiting on resolving this pro-rated refund. Documents have been sent with odometer readings AND the location where the vehicle is at to the claims address. ASAP is quick taking your money but the customer service dealing with claims/refunds is a big, fat zero. Buyers beware.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

It's very troubling to see the response from another customer. I sold my truck back in November 2017 and requested a refund from ASAP. The first address I was told to send the cancellation doc to returned my letter. The post office cited "box closed. No forwarding order on file". I called again and was given a second address. I sent it to this address back in late November 2017 and still have not received a refund. I have started calling everyday and am receiving the same response as the other customer. This is their answering service and someone will call me back. No one ever does and it is February 2018. They will not even transfer or let you speak to a supervisor. Something is not right...

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I followed the ASAP process to cancel my existing coverage. Upon completing the form, I was provided a refund amount which was suppose to go back on my credit card. The refund never happened. It has been 3 months now and no one is returning my call. Every time I call them, their phone answering team tells me someone will call me back. This company is a scam. I am in the process of getting my lawyer involved.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have tried for 8 days now, as well as the Niello BMW dealership Service Advisor, Joe ** to contact several phone #s for ASAP Auto Warranty. All TO NO AVAIL!! When we have tried calling the main phone #, We are put on hold for over 45 MINUTES and then DISCONNECTED!!! When we have called the main # and the Answering service answers, both Mr. ** and myself have provided the Claim information with the parts #s and were told "that a Claims Rep would call back within 2-3 hours or immediately". NEVER HAPPENED!!!

I have sent 3 emails to their "Get In Touch" section... Again to NO AVAIL!! I have tried to find out the name and address of the CEO for ASAP but "no one seems to have that information." I purchased this Warranty "protection" last February, 2017 and will desperately try to find a way to have all my money ($2800) refunded or at least prorated as I will Never USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN OR REFER Them!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I purchased a policy on Nov. 28 after experiencing problems with my Audi A4. I received a good ‘Cyber Monday’ deal and purchased. After speaking with the BH Audi Service advisor, I realized I made a mistake in my purchase as a lot of their claims get denied. Since I had 30 days to cancel before the warranty even would take effect, I decided to cancel. That’s where my problems start! I called a week later and left a message with their answering service. 3 days later a guy calls and tells me my advisor lied to me, they will cover preexisting issues if they were unknown at the time of contract purchase and how the call was recorded so that’s how I know it's all facts.

I spoke to the advisor again and starting reading online reviews of ASAP and called again to cancel. Told me someone would call me back again... Ok... I just want to cancel. Had to send an email and call AGAIN to get a cancellation request on Dec.12. It may take up to 30 business days to process, FINE. Fast forward to February 5 and still no refund. I again call one, two times and wait over 25 minutes to speak to an operator and they see yes it's been over the allotted time and will forward to accounting department for immediate review. I ask how long before I receive a refund, he said by the end of the day.

Ok, exactly 7 days later (today Monday Feb 12) I call at 10:45 am PST and their answering service picks up. Weird? The guy has no info on my account and stated someone will call me back during the business hours even though it was the business hours and they should’ve picked up anyway? I'm done going back and forth with this company. I disputed the charge with AMEX and have all the emails and cancellation forms dated and stamped per ASAP's own policy. AMEX can deal with them because I have lost all patience. And for the record I cancelled my policy 61 days ago today. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I filed a claim for a refund on a covered vehicle I lost in Hurricane Harvey in September. I have received no refund in now over 5 months. They hang up on my calls or put me on hold. They do not respond to any emails. This company is a lying fraud.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

My assessment of the service has been poor as of to date. Previously I filed a claim and it was rejected without any reasonable explanation. From my perspective on that occasion it seemed as though ASAP found a loophole. Now 02/08/18 I have been trying to check on the status of my most recent claim and am not able to get anyone on the phone. I've been trying for two days. My dealership has been trying for 3 days just to check on the status. My car has been in the shop for over a week now. I need to know something and so does the dealership.

On multiple occasions to call customer service I've been on hold for over an hour and then the phone just drops. My dealership has had the same experience after opening the claim and being told it was under investigation. I at least need to speak to a human or a receive a return phone call. I am VERY upset and disappointed at the non-existent customer service. This is absolutely horrible. I have a job to do at work and I don't have the time to waste on hold trying to reach someone when you guys are living up to a even a minimal level of customer service. Please call as soon as possible.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I won't bore you with the details of my experience but I'll save you time and precious money. Do not use this company!!! They are fraudulent. They will take your money. They will not cover anything even if they say they will, they will not refund your money, they will not answer your claim phone calls or your mechanic's phone calls. You will not be able to make a claim once your car is needing service because they are a phony company!!! This company needs to be shut down and I want the world to know it.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

The agent split my deposit into 2 payments and explained to me that my plan would start 30 days from the FIRST payment. 30 day later they tell me it starts from the second payment. SMH. So I tried to make the 2nd payment and haven’t been able to contact them since. They never responded to any of my calls, voicemails nor emails. I literally couldn’t even reach them to make a payment. On hold for over 30 mins each time I called. Never seen a company that you could not reach them to PAY THEM. Worst ** I have ever seen. I’m not even sure this is a legit company.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Daniel was very helpful and answered all my concerns even the negative reviews. So far he's been honest and I moved forward with purchasing the warranty. Definitely glad price wise. I didn't go with a broker who charges more. I did have an issue with getting my quote, but was handled quickly. More than likely due to email server.

Not sure about ASAP Auto Warranty?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Extended Auto Warranties for you.

ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection] expert review by Lauren Fix

ASAP Auto Warranty is an extended warranty provider. It provides users with coverage for repairs if their car breaks down within a couple of years of purchase.

• Available all over the U.S. and Canada: Users are guaranteed coverage no matter where they drive in the U.S. and Canada. This gives them extra peace of mind during road trips and vacations.

• Offers roadside assistance: Customers don't have to pay extra for roadside assistance coverage through another company. If the car breaks down, ASAP will send someone to change a tire, jump-start the engine or tow the car to the nearest repair shop.

• Direct-to-consumer administrator: ASAP is not a broker, so when a user needs to file a claim, he or she works with the same company that sold the warranty.

• Money back guarantee: ASAP stands behind its warranties, offering a 30-day money back guarantee to all new customers.

• Covers all major repairs: The extended warranty covers just about anything that could go wrong with a vehicle, including costly engine and transmission repairs.

• Best for: High-mileage drivers, new car owners, used car owners and busy families.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

ASAP Auto Warranty Company Information

Fax:
    888-390-2652
    www.asapwarranty.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business