ASAP Auto Warranty

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've researched other warranties. I came across your website and submitted my information. I was pleased that when I received a call from Mr. **, he was pleasant and understanding of my time and was not pushy like the others I've encountered. He made my experience worth calling him back and signing up very enjoyable. I would be more than happy to recommend ASAP to anyone who is searching for extra coverage on their car.

I took my car in over a week ago for covered repairs at my GM dealer. The repairs were authorized, BUT, I was told I would be responsible for covering the GM parts from the dealer. I was told I could use after market parts, which they would ship to my dealer, and have them for free. One week later, my dealer is still waiting on the parts. They do not even cover car rentals for 6 days, so Thank God my dealer gave me a loaner car to use. Today I called to check on the parts. After a 15 minute phone hold, a snotty young girl told my the parts had been delivered and to take it up with my dealer. The contract looks like it has big coverage, but they apparently work really hard on assuring you never use it.

I sold my car and requested to cancel the contract back in Sept and I still not receive my refund. I have been calling many times and they promised I will receive the money next day... But, until today I still not receive my refund.

Purchased my warranty to have transmission replaced by a local ASE-certified mechanic shop. First, I had to meet the mileage requirement, done. Took the car in for service. About a week later, they came at me (via email) with needing all my maintenance records (10 years' worth!). Called the dealership and asked them to fax it to ASAP. Done. Called ASAP after approx. 5 days to find out status (have to wait FOREVER to get someone on the phone, BTW). They stated no fax was received. What?! Called dealership again. Yes, they did fax 13 pages. Called ASAP again, they claimed they STILL hadn't received the fax. Ugh. After another few days, ASAP told the shop they ALSO needed the price I paid for my maintenance (what does that have to do with the price of tea in China???). After that, I was through. Called ASAP the next day and cancelled their ridiculous 'warranty'. Looking for another company.

It was a very smooth transaction, very informative and answered all my question. Now I hope warranty stands behind its product like the customer service stood by its warranty. My experience was well worth the time of the phone call. I would tell all my friends about this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection]?

My first contact is a bit of mixed feelings. The rep I made initial contact with was extremely pushy which border on being rude. I explained to him I was at work and on lunch break and simply needed a quote, coincidentally I am a sales trainer! That's the bad. The good was he gave me a really competitive price so after doing my research I decided to go with American Protection... and was glad to meet a new much friendlier rep to set up contract.

I was offered a great, comprehensive service plan with everything I wanted and more. The one BIG major CON was it was expensive and the only option I had was to pay it all upfront in full, no option to spread out the payments. That sucks and almost every other company I got quotes from offered payment options at 0% interest, that is a big deal.

American Standard Auto Protection is an awful company to do business with. When your car is needing repair you quickly discover that the restrictions on what they will pay for are not really worth the amount you're paid for the contract. Then when you sell the car and attempt to cancel the contract they place a bunch of hoops in your way including needing documents from a notary public, delaying the refund process, all to find out that after they have done their calculations to "prorate" the refund even if only a few months into the contract. The refund is negligible in comparison to what was paid for the contract.

Customer service is the worst. The salesman was wonderful, helpful, and friendly. The customer service ends when the salesman hangs up the phone. Expect to be on hold for extended periods of time when you call ASAP as the acronym can not be misinterpreted to be As Soon As Possible. When you finally get a live person on the phone you can't be sure that it is a real person with a pulse.

Customer service is not the word to use for their representatives. I had one yawn over and over while talking to me. She then told me "It's almost time to go. We work until 5:00 here and it's almost 5:00. There is no one here to help you. What do you want me to do for you?" I never got to speak with anyone that sounded like they could be bothered with the phone call. When I ask to speak with a manager or supervisor, I was told numerous times that, "They can't tell you anything more than I am telling you" and they refused to transfer me to someone else. Awful, awful, awful (customer) service. Do not recommend. I would rather flush my money down the toilet than give it to ASAP.

Joseph **, the representative who assisted us, was very professional. It took us a while to make the decision to purchase the warranty, and Joe took the extra time to answer our questions, even after long time lapses by us.

I want to thank Jacob for being the sales professional he is, I really thank him for getting me a package I can live with and the additional mileage I was seeking for my car. And with cyber Monday he truly came through for me. I was considering which package to give me the best coverage as you never know what's down the road, he helped me get into the better package with a great savings. Thanks Jacob!!!

I received a e-mail saying I would be contacted. I received a phone call before two other companies I requested a quote from. ASAP answered all questions and the pricing was what I feel was right in line (I have three quotes). I choose to go with ASAP.

I called for a quote for my new car, benz c250 and I was provided an excellent quote along with great customer service! The process was quick and I would recommend ASAP to anyone. I hope the future experiences are similar!

This was one of the fastest purchases I ever made online! Got all the details quick and a great price to go with it with zero pressure! Will be shopping again here on my next warranty for my next car! Thank you for fast service again!

Hi there... I was told by a friend at the dealer to look into Mercury for the extended warranty quote. I currently have Easy Care but the dealer's new extended warranty prices are astronomical with their new company. So I went online, added my information and within a minute Jacob ** was calling me regarding my online quote. It was as simple as that... and Jacob was very helpful with all my questions and concerns. I was totally surprised with the quote I was given and immediately purchased the coverage in full for 5 years. Wish I would have known about this a while back... I would have extended my coverage with my dad's car. But from now on I will tell friends about the great service and prices you offer. I already shared the information with my brother. Thank you Jacob ** and your product... for giving us all a peace of mind when it comes to the extended warranty coverage for our wheels. Thank you!!!

Very pleased with the package, pricing and responsiveness of the company. The quote was more competitive than others I received for a more comprehensive package with the coverage that I was looking for - 5 years, 60,000 miles Total Protection Package.

71yr old female who purchased vehicle in 2011. Found out that ext. warranty purchased was not what I asked for and limited me to the purchasing dealer only. Canceled that warranty and started getting several quotes. ASAP provided the coverage I was seeking at the best price. Somewhat leery about purchasing doing business online but deciding factor was BBB search and satisfactory customer reviews. The sales person, Raymond, was respectful in understanding my circumstance. He did a good job of keeping in touch and I'm sure getting me the best deal. Cannot say anything as for ASAP's coverage of claims. Just hope when I have to use it goes a smooth as was purchasing the warranty policy with them.

The representative was very professional. He explained everything in my package twice for me. He was extremely nice. If I had to give him a grade it would definitely be an A+. Great customer service, professionalism, kind, and precise. I will recommend to others.

Friendly service. Raymond was very helpful. Gives peace of mind to have protection on family car needed for family needs that we depend on. Increase value of my car with transferable warranty. Hope this the right company I selected to cover my car.

Factual basis uncertain

Tried to use the warranty twice. The first time they claimed preexisting condition. They keep that in their back pocket to get out of the first incident. Then they tell you "well now that we have actually inspected the car the next time we will cover it" which is of course **. Then my car had a break down and I needed it fixed right away.

Called to file a claim 4 times and each time I was told someone would call me back. What is that? I can't speak to anyone now? So ridiculous. Ended up paying for the repair myself because they never called back. I then called 5 times to cancel my policy and every time I am told that someone will call me back. Of course no one ever does. This place is a joke and a complete fraud. They will just take your money then make it impossible to file a claim. Consumer affairs site is also a joke. How is it possible you just black out any negative review of this place? Maybe owned by the same corporation. If you notice all the good reviews are from people just signing up. They get a discount if they leave a good review. Take it from me. Do not do it. Filling through my credit card company to get my money back what a joke.

Mr. ** was very helpful and professional. He made the buying experience a positive one. Mr. ** explained the coverage very well and was prompt in sending the information to me. My car is a 2007 BMW and I appreciate the peace of mind that this warranty gives me.

Very helpful, knowledgeable, and pleasant buying experience. Our salesman Marc displayed all the qualities for a good experience and instilling confidence in our extended warranty options. Wish more experiences went this way. Was given contact number to reach him directly if needed.

From what others say, this seems like it is all well. But my personal opinion won't be said until, at least 6 months in with the insurance policy. The policy sounds good, the value of it is alright but a bit high. At the moment I need a great policy and this might be the one.

I just bought a 2004 Cadillac CTS with 99,000 miles. The dealer offered me a 3 year warranty contract for $4,000. I researched online and found American Standard Auto Protection that was top rated. I called them and talked to Joseph **. Joseph was very helpful and offered me a 4 year contract for half the cost of what the dealer wanted. Joseph was very professional and courteous. I am very happy.

Customer Service person Mark was informative and professional in discussing the proposed service contract. My questions were answered in a timely fashion with full disclosure and offered additional useful information. It was a pleasure to conduct business with American Standard.

Factual basis uncertain

Horrible experience. My advice is stay off this company. Very unprofessional not experience which results in very bad service rendered to their clients. Also to terminate and get my refund there were not willing to tell me how they came about the refund amount. They had to correct the amount each time I called and complain about the refund amount and at the end I just had to give up calling them.

Consumer Increased Rating!

When I asked about the subject of electronics or electrical items on my vehicle, I was told that the contract would cover vehicle electrical items. I assumed those items also included windshield wiper motors, power door lock motors, power window motors, moon roof, lift gate, etc. The contract covers only the following: alternator, voltage regulator, starter motor, starter solenoid, distributor. The sales person to whom I spoke with was not very specific. I do not want the warranty.

Resolution update 11/3/2016: There was a problem with the first plan that was emailed to me. It was not the plan coverage I and the representative had agreed on over the phone. The representative contacted me later via phone to explain that it was a computer error. The error was fixed! I got a great plan with great coverage for my vehicle. Thanks very much for taking care of the problem. I appreciate your patience and professionalism.

My representative Josh helped me pick a plan that fit my budget as well as helping me get the best options for my car. I would recommend American Standard to my friends. He called and got me signed up in all of 10 minutes.

Jacob did a great job explaining the service and I found the price competitive. I like the fact that I can use the Porsche dealership. I took the 4 year option since it can be pro-rated if I sell the car early or use it to help sell the car. Plus the extra year was only $600.

Very easy and straightforward process. Mark ** was very informative and helpful. He made me feel very comfortable about buying this warranty. I have already recommended Mark to a friend and I will tell others about my experience. I look forward to the peace of mind in having this protection.

Factual basis uncertain

I paid $300 down but have not received my contract. I have left several messages but no return call. I'm very unhappy that I've paid $300 and don't know what I'm getting and no one will call me back. IF this is how you do business I want a refund!

ASAP Auto Warranty Company Profile