4.07/5
  • 1 star
Based on 182 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard Auto Protection, widely known as ASAP warranty, can eliminate covered auto repair bills. With ASAP warranty's Vehicle Protection you can take your vehicle to the repair facility that you are most comfortable with and let American Standard Auto Protection take care of the bill. ASAP warranty will pay your repair facility directly for all covered repairs and eliminate the hassle!

ASAP warranty is the direct provider or better known as the administrator and obligor of your vehicle service contract. The old days of buying from brokers and dealers is now out window. With American Standard Auto Protection (ASAP Warranty), you will save time and, more importantly, you will save money on covered repairs. As a direct to consumer administrator, ASAP will be with you every step of the way.

BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

483 ASAP Auto Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I just purchased my vehicle and wanted a piece of mind, although the car on has 23,000 miles, I've always thought it best to be safe than sorry. The sales person could not have been better, informing me of the product I purchased and how to use it if I ever need it. I'll sure tell my friends about you. Thank you for your honest business dealing.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

When it comes to this company and their recordings about no "no runarounds" it's all **! I started the refund process on the warranty. I purchased and it has been over 2 months and I still don't have it. The company had me get a form notarized and returned. Then it took a month for them to calculate my refunded amount. Yes, 30 days. After that they made me sign another form saying they have 30 business days to refund the money to you and when you call they just say it's within the 30 days. AKA it has been 28 business days and they are going to wait till the last day to issue the refund. I can't close on a house deal till they refund the $1350 dollars to my credit card. When I called they said, "Well it's within the 30 days" and hung up on me. Please avoid these scammers as they are liars and crooks! I'm so glad I didn't try to use the warranty cause I'm sure that when of been a cluster **!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Good turnaround time (initial contact was the day prior). George was easy to work with, emailed something we could review, & even got us a good deal. Would definitely recommend this company. It should always be this easy and reasonable.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Hey when reviewing the paperwork my address is incorrect, I've tried contacting your company no response but call me please. I believe I've made and smart choice for myself and family on our car extra insurance. Other than that I'm and happy customer!!! Will refer to family and friends!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Very professional. Described the coverage in detail and advised where the warranty could be handled should any problems occurred. I would purchased for another vehicle. I have a new 2017 Ford Platinum that I will be adding coverage at a later date.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection]?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I've been trying to collect a payment on a claim that has not been paid. My account has given up and made me call them for payment. I have called over 15 times and every time it's the same story..."someone will call you back today". Never do. "We don't do credit card over the phone." And the excuses goes on and on. All I've been getting is the runaround. I recommend for any shops out there to not do business with them unless you don't mind or waiting forever for payment. Good luck, I've given up.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

AWFUL CLAIMS SERVICE. My dealer cannot reach the claims department after multiple attempts over 3 day period so asked me to contact them. After 13 minute hold on 11/28/17 at 9:21 am I finally reached a JESSIE. She could not have been more condescending and unhelpful. She acted like it was an imposition that she had to pick up the phone to help me. They would only pay to put USED PARTS in my BMW. When I disputed she put me on hold again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Very polite and patient on the phone. Ray ** answered all our questions and proposed a price that was acceptable to our needs. Hopefully the coverage works as he said it would. It seems very easy and straightforward. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I had the pleasure to work with Joseph on my warranty. He is nice and worked to get me a deal I could afford. He took the time to explain details of the plan I did not understand. I hope if I ever need to use them the repairs will be just as smooth. Thank you Joseph.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

When I first called them on 10/25/2017; they told me they can get me a coverage for $2900, "I told the person that I will think about it": he instantly reduced it to $2000 right away!!! Very strange! Hein? I didn't get it on the spot, but I was so happy for the discounted rate, that I agreed to charge the card $500 and make the remaining balance on installments!!! I went online after my stupid mistake, and read all the reviews! I called them to ask for a refund, I still wait for it. Please stay away from them, they will deny any claim!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I am very pleased with my contract and the rate that I received it for, and for the length. I hope that I may not need you, but it is nice to have just in case and for the next 5 years. It is nice to pay it off in two years and have the coverage for five.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Very good customer service. Agent was very cooperative and was very helpful. Agent made sure that all changes were handled correctly. Should I have to make a claim in the future I hope the service is the same. Hope I never have to use your service.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I have been attempting to submit a claim since 11/16. My repair faculty has called numerous times and has not receive a disposition as to whether there will be coverage or not. When I inquired myself, the claim representative was very rude.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We are very pleased with our experience and our salesman Andrew ** was very helpful with our questions. I will definitely recommend this company to my friends and family members! An overall great experience! I wish all companies made it this easy to get vehicle coverage!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I called to get a quote for an extended warranty contract with ASAP Nov 1, 2016 after doing some initial research. I went ahead and agreed to the contract. They agreed to bill my credit card in 4 installments and to send me the contract. A few days later the contract arrives. So far so good. Fast forward 10 months I decide to cancel the contract and get a prorated refund from the initial amount of $4,999. I contacted them and they told me to expect an email with a form that had to be signed and notarized which I think is ridiculous. The contract called for a 75,000 mile/60 month warranty. There is no way logically that I would have put 75,000 on the car in 10 months. Anyway I get the form, have it notarized and mailed back to them. I contacted them approx. 1-1/2 weeks later to see if they have received the form as I was told that they only go to the mailbox on Wednesdays. I mean really how can you run a business and only go to the mailbox once a week?

I call back about a week later and was told that the information was uploaded into their system and would take about 2-5 business days to calculate my prorated refund. Well it took 9 business days to calculate my refund. I received the electronic form to sign and the amount of the prorated refund on 11/06/2017. Keep in mind this whole process started on Oct 12, 2017. I signed the electronic form on 11/6/2017 to get my prorated refund. It did state on the form that it could take up to 30 more days to get my refund. I call back on 11/13/2017 to get an update and told it would take 30 days. I mean come on. How hard is it to get the form and issue a refund? I called back on 11/16/2017 to check the status and was told that it is in the queue in the accounting department to issue the refund.

I have worked in business for 40 years and I have an accounting degree. It is not hard to look at the paperwork and make sure everything is in order and process a refund. This company has the worst customer service that I have seen in my entire life. If I did my work this way I would immediately be fired. If they are in a financial bind then they need to file for bankruptcy, turn out the lights and go to the house!!! I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because of their practices.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

The agent I spoke to was very professional and answered every question I ask him and gave me an excellent deal. The coverage is excellent and why this company is so I done some research on this with the BBB and they gave and excellent rating. Thanks again. Now I can have a peace of mind. Thanks Ray.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Daniel, the sales rep was knowledgeable, professional and courteous. He gave me all of the information I needed to know and answered all of my questions and concerns. It was a great experience! I'm hopeful that the warranty matches up with the service! Everything seemed above board!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Extended service plan - Your salesman Mr. George ** was very helpful and professional with handling my contract. He was able to listen at me about some of my concern with the contract and services. I'm very pleased that I have covered for my vehicle with your company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My agent, Ray, was very knowledgeable and friendly. I really enjoyed speaking with him and feel I got a great warranty at a great price. I was a little worried because I don't know much about extended car warranties or the companies who offer them, but Ray put my mind to ease by referring me to a website that rates the 10 best warranty companies, which was very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Suddenly when I need a large repair they need tons of paperwork- insurance-registration. Really fishy plus it's taken a week to get back to me wasting $700 on a rental & the dealerships time and resources/really??

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I had a guy name Joe. He was professional and most of all not pushy. I have left multiple sales from individuals who insist you buy what they're selling. Not him. He let you decide. Great service Joe. I will recommend your services to others. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The customer service representative was very polite and courteous. The pricing was much less than any of the other competitors. Items covered were comparable with the competitors as well. I hope filing a claim will be as easy as the purchasing process.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I had the pleasure of working with a gentleman by the name of Ray. He was very professional, polite and very easy to work with & would recommend him to anyone in need of a auto protection plan give Ray a call.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Joseph ** took care of me. Answered all my questions and gave me more than I asked for. The price was a good price and the mileage was great. Please make sure you let Joseph know he did a great job. He is a great asset to your company. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My agent was very informative and polite on the phone. Sign up was quick and easy and now I have great peace of mind that if my vehicle goes down it will be fixed with minimal cost to me and my family. I would recommend that anyone who doesn't have a warranty currently get one.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

It was recommend by a friend & after checking it out online found to a great value. The people I have talked seemed to be knowledge of the product and are courteous. I would recommend highly this product to a friend. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

The salesperson, George **, was great, very knowledgeable, gave me the best plan and rate for my car and handled everything quickly. If you need the best car warranty call Mr. **. I believe he will give you the best rate and plan to fit your budget...

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My experience with the service rep was outstanding and very informational. I would recommend the company to family and friends. If I want to add more vehicle to my plan what discounts will I receive and who does your billing so I can be aware of the merchant on my bank statements. Also is there a discount if I do auto debit? I would like to add my husband to the contract as well.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Customer service agent was world class! No high pressure sales pitch, very personable and knowledgeable. The kind of person who not just earns a customer's business, but earns their trust. Of the three companies I talked to, this was the best value... by far!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

This is the 3rd car warranty that I purchased and this one is the worst. They deny claims. It's very hard to work with. No follow ups for months. You get a run around when you call if it is not their way. I do not recommend this warranty to any person!

ASAP Auto Warranty Company Information