ASAP Auto Warranty

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I shopped for an extended warranty 7/2017. I chose ASAP because they had a total package and they were affordable. The salesperson was very convincing. "We cover your diagnostics, bumper to bumper coverage" I explained that I just bought a used car and I said, "So if I wanted to take my car in for a diagnostic when it is active, it is covered". He said yes!

I finally got my paperwork in the mail. I read that I need to call ASAP to let them know if I am taking my car in. Like a dumb good Samaritan I called ASAP and said I am taking my car in to Mercedes for a diagnostic on the 14th (the day my policy became active). The agent quickly let me know, "Well if anything is wrong it will be a pre-existing condition". She was rude like I was breaking the law. I immediately felt, sold and mislead. I am thinking I am just following the guidelines. But I quickly realized that I was set up to have my claim denied. 1st - They DO NOT cover your diagnostics. They only cover it if your claim is approved. 2nd you better not take your car until it's been active for MONTHS! They will say all claims are pre-existing. They are unprofessional shark salespeople.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jacob was pleasant to work with, treated me fairly and answered my questions. Had to call him a couple of times to answer a couple of questions on the wording. Other than that I thought I got a good contract for the money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have never had such bad customer service and so many mistakes made with any service I have ever had. I will never recommend ASAP to anyone nor will I ever be a customer again. This was probably the worst experience I have ever had.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very pleased with the results. The representative was very helpful and I understood what he was telling me. And when I needed more help I called back and the next representative was just as helpful correcting what needed to be corrected and made sure that I was okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Joseph ** was so helpful! He was professional and was willing to explain everything. It was easy to start and aggressive pricing. Completely trusted him, thank you!! I would recommend American Standard Auto Protection to friends and family. Thank you again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection]?

Factual basis uncertain

I was told that my coverage was a bumper to bumper minus brake pads, wipers, etc. Found out that was not the case. Never received a call back regarding my issue and just recently did not even get a response to yet another question. Not even a notice that it was accepted and an ETA. Not so much poor service, more like non-existent service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Spoke with Joe who responded to my request for a quote in a very timely manner. Joe was professional and pleasant... My questions and concerns were heard and answered. I was happy that he was able to accommodate my payments around my payday schedule. I would definitely recommend ASAP to friends and family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Excellent experience so far in purchasing. Pricing and offers are great. Can't speak on using the plan because of just purchasing the plan. Hopefully using the plan will be just as easy as the purchasing process. Discounts and price for coverage are amazing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently had some parts fail on my BMW and took it into the BMW dealership for the repair as I wanted the best repair possible. ASAP Warranty agreed to pay for the repair, however, they would not repair the car with OEM BMW parts and only aftermarket. The BMW dealership will not install aftermarket parts, only OEM. Nowhere in the contract does it state that ASAP will replace the parts with inferior aftermarket parts and that it won’t install OEM.

After talking to a customer service representative they confirmed that nowhere in the contract it states that they will not use OEM, however, they claimed that they have the right to use whatever part they have in stock and available to ship to the dealership. There is nowhere in the contact that is stated that ASAP has the right to provide whatever part is in stock. I firmly believe that as the customer, the one who purchased the warranty, have the right to replace the parts on my car with OEM parts. If I had known that ASAP would not warranty coverage with aftermarket parts, I would have never purchased the warranty. Future buyers beware.

This company is the worst ever. They left my car at the shop for one whole week, they never called to update me on the status. Don't bother to call because they don't call you back. And it's not 24/7 service. You have to leave a message with an answering service. I would not, I REPEAT would not recommend this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Agent was very helpful and eager to please, Gave me the best quote by far and set us apart from competitors just as promised. Hope it actually proves to be as hassle free as described. Have had other extended warranties in the past that seemed great until needed. The price and perks offered here were great! Thanks!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very happy with the service provided thus far. Kyle did a great job and handled everything I needed quickly and painlessly. Hopefully I won't need to use the warranty, but if using it is as easy as this was; I feel like I'll be in good hands. Thanks again for the help, and I'll continue to use ASAP in the future!

Factual basis uncertain

I am very disappointed in the customer service representative I just felt with (Thomas). My car has been having issues and not running correctly so I took it into BMW to have it looked at; while I understand some of the parts would not be covered, my alternator should be. It is failing and should be replaced. Thomas informed me that since I can still drive my car it isn't covered. My contract also said I have a duty not to be negligent... hence why I took it in when it was not behaving properly. I asked for a supervisor and was told I could only email. I asked for the name of someone in Management or who the CEO was and was told he would not give me any of that information.

Factual basis uncertain

First off I wish I had not purchased a warranty thru ASAP. My very first claim was denied due to an incompetent assessment on ASAP side. The shop I took my truck to says my EGR has failed and the claims guys says no it has not. The ball joints failed and they refuse to cover them because they was not maintained. The problem with this is the factory part is non serviceable. The guy I spoke with was very rude and not at all helpful. He refused to explain to me why these things are not covered. I will be completing the process for a refund and going thru a different company. I will also be sharing my experience with the world thru social media. My message will reach coast to coast. If I have this much trouble on a minor repair I hate to think what it would be like on a major repair.

Good experience -- sales very polite and informative about warranty, made it easy to make a decision. Gave a veteran discount, which is appreciated and helps. A lot of people don't recognize us vets and that's important to me. Hope this warranty is not needed but if it is, I hope the experience is easy without hassle. God Bless America.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The purchase experience was nice and the price seems right. I'm a bit skeptical of 'Vehicle Warranty' companies in general as most outlets like Consumer Reports believe they are somewhat wasteful. I hope I never need to use it... But glad to know I have some assurances while my son drives his 4-yr old BMW.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was extremely pleased with the assistance and attention I got from the sales rep I spoke with on the phone (who gave his name as Joseph **). He wasn't pushy, explain what I was getting for my money, and answered all of my questions without hesitation. I hope I never have to make a claim, but if I do, I'll hope it goes as well as the purchase.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was online searching for an extended warranty company that was fair and not expensive and would service all of my car not just the engine or transmission. I found that company American Standard. It was quick and easy and affordable. I will be referring you to others. Thank you!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very pleased with your customer service. Felt like he (Jacob **) was there to help me and made the process super easy. I was initially just calling for the quote but was so impressed with the value of the coverage and the payment plan presented to me that it was a no brainer to get my warranty started right away!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This was a great experience, Mr. Andrew ** was very knowledgeable and answer all of my questions. His customer service skills were excellent. When I hung up the phone, I had a complete understanding of the policy and how to use it in the future should a situation occur.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Purchased auto warranty from them back in March of 2017 and they refused to take monthly payments like any other auto warranty companies, they however reluctantly agreed to take only 3 large installments of $733.34 for 3 months total of $2200. After 2 installments in May 2017 we've decided to cancel because we no longer own the car and went through their long and timely cancellation process. So after we sent in a notarized odometer reading form AND electronic signed prorated authorized refund form we were advised that it will take 12-14 business days to receive your credit back to your account. Needless to say it's July of 2017. After all that process still NO REFUND! Contacted customer service multiple times and got the run around saying, "We will call you back with an answer." Never heard from them!!! I will be contacting their Attorney General's office along with BBB to file a formal complaint! BUYER BEWARE!

Consumer Increased Rating!

I have paid $2,000 for a service plan with ASAP. I have filed one claim - to have the a/c blower motor replaced. This is a covered part. Except ASAP refused to pay the cost of the part. They wanted to pay $44 and not a cent more per "corporate policy". The part was $126 at the mom and pop repair shop I took my vehicle to. ASAP wanted to overnight a cheap $44 replacement part to the shop - over a holiday weekend, which would put me in Texas July heat with no a/c for 5 days or more, instead of paying the actual cost of the part that the shop already had in stock. I had to make 4 phone calls, the owner of the shop had to make several phone calls as well. ASAP refused to pay for the part.

Eventually, they agreed to pay for the part but they refused to pay the total labor fee and of course NO diagnostic fees. I should have paid $50 deductible. Instead, I paid $150 out of pocket. That is $100 more than I should have had to pay. I had to wait an additional 2 hours for ASAP to get someone from their Accounts Payable Dept. on the phone to pay their portion of the bill to the shop before my vehicle was released. ASAP is NOT a hassle free company. You will be jerked around and hassled quite a bit... and in the end they won't pay the total cost of the repair. I hope I never have to use ASAP for a more serious issue than a blower motor failure. I do not trust this company. I wish I could get a full refund for my policy. I do not recommend ASAP and I will not buy another policy from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Spoke with Jacob, very nice about purchasing ext. warranty on a car I might purchase the next day. I was concerned about buying the warranty first. Jacob assured me I can cancel the policy if I do not purchase the car. Saturday, I decided not to buy the car and called ASAP to cancel the contract. Spoke with Brandon who would not give me his last name??? Odd. And said someone will get back to me shortly to process the cancellation. I have not received a callback. Started looking at reviews and was very disappointed with your willingness to refund monies for pre-use contracts.

I work for a large Fortune 50 company that has 70,000 employees. I would rather not shoot a blast email telling everyone about my experience with the inability getting my cancellation promptly rectified. I am employed with Sysco Foods. We have a large sales force on the road who purchase cars and I am sure warranties often. I expect a call this morning 7/03/2017.

Factual basis uncertain

This my FACTUAL experience. The salesperson was great. I asked many questions about this top of the line extended warranty, and he spent a lot of time with me answering those questions. I have bought extended warranties before, and I have found them to be a great peace of mind, and this seemed like a great price. Then I needed to file 2 claims. All support with was turned to a person telling me to read the contract… I had, and I still can't believe what they were telling me. My experience was during routine maintenance, a technician had found a leak in the radiator.

According to ASAP notes on why the claim was denied they said, when a technician/mechanic finds a problem, they will not cover it because it is not considered "broke down." The consumer has to find/report the problem. I replied, I report it now! They said they will not cover that part now or in the future, until it becomes repaired. It becomes your responsibility to fix it or it is negligence. I could not believe my ears! You are required to do normal maintenance, but if the technician finds a problem, they will not cover it because they don't consider it "broke down."

That puts the consumer in a dichotomy. The other claim only paid a fraction of the total cost to fix the AC. More of please read your contract, and no support. This is one of those companies that hides behind a contract, even if it was not properly explained. I feel deceived. This is the kind of company consumers don't want to deal with. Time consuming and frustrating. In my opinion, this warranty does not line up with industry standards, or with what explained to me over the phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have currently been dealing with a claim for my vehicle for 3 weeks. They ask for my buyers order, registration, service records, and proof of the terms of my last policy. They even had me pay for a battery ($500 for my vehicle) and give a receipt for that. Yet still under review. I have never had so much run around for ANY type of service. I feel bullied and helpless because they have my money, that I paid in full for them to cover my vehicle. No explanation as to what they need this information for, just delays and tremendous hassle. I so regret choosing them to cover my vehicle. Great service to sign me up, but when they had to hold up their part, so MUCH HASSLE.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very pleased with the assistance from Kyle ** and the ease of getting the extended warranty on my vehicle. I will be more than happy to share with family and friends that may be searching for a warranty on their vehicle.

Easy to understand contract, clear and fair pricing like the coverage extras for e.g. Hotel coverage if you break down battery and gas service, also 24/7 roadside coverage. Also I like the fact I can go to the dealer where I purchased the vehicle.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Extended warranty Benz E350: Great Price. See the details for 0 deductible, not explained it was only for the first two claims, but still a great deal. I compared this to another plan from JR Auto Protect and this one seemed like the winner.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am calling in with questions and no one is in the office to help me at 2 pm on a Friday afternoon. I am glad I don't need help right now but I am not going to do business with them if there is no one to help when I need help.

Factual basis uncertain

After refusing to fix my car back in November 2016 I asked for a refund which I still didn't receive until this day 06/19/2017. I call every week and every time I've been told they send my check and I need to wait for at least a week for it to arrive. Please do not trust this company. You will never receive your money back or the service they promised you in the beginning.

ASAP Auto Warranty Company Profile