ASAP Auto Warranty

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've researched other warranties. I came across your website and submitted my information. I was pleased that when I received a call from Mr. **, he was pleasant and understanding of my time and was not pushy like the others I've encountered. He made my experience worth calling him back and signing up very enjoyable. I would be more than happy to recommend ASAP to anyone who is searching for extra coverage on their car.

Always got help when calling in... Transferred me to the proper associates as needed. Seems as you go the extra mile when authorizing needed repairs. Customer in question was given partial payment as the repair was not technically covered. Good customer P.R.

Ray **, the underwriting representative, was very helpful and responsive and made the warranty purchase a very smooth transaction. If his customer service is representative of the company's overall customer service, I definitely have made a great choice going with ASAP. Excellent service.

I put a quote request and the person that call me was very professional and explain everything in detail and I'm very satisfied with the price quote that I got. I notice he wasn't rushing just for a sale. He wanted to make sure I was a happy customer and answered any questions I had. He was just a great guy overall and gave me his direct number and explained the process of the hard paper delivery. He made me feel like anything I need he will be there to answer any of my questions.

I have purchased a newer car and it is covered bumper to bumper for 3 yrs. I have another car I want to get coverage for. I'll contact you Monday or Tuesday to give you all the information about the car and the coverage for it. Thank You.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection]?

I signed up and fully paid for an extended warranty that seems to be a very good value. However, I was not able to review the policy details or see what was excluded until AFTER I paid for the policy, so I still don't really know whether I'm fully satisfied or not. I am still waiting for my policy info in the mail. I was instructed to be wary of your company as many people have had difficulty getting claims paid, but I am hoping to have clarity once my policy info arrives. It would seem people should be able to review in depth prior to paying.

Sales rep was very informative, helpful and not hard sell. No referring me to his manager. He questioned me if I qualified for different discounts and then applied them. In comparison to the other companies that I previously talked to it was a pleasant and substantially economical advantage for me.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I purchased this policy on 1/10/17. The sales person Daniel was fast to call me minutes after filled the free quote online. He made me a "one time quote" for my vehicle telling me that they offered a 30 day money back guarantee. After purchasing the policy I did some research of the company online and decided to cancel the policy. Today is 2/2/17 after weeks of calling this company trying to get my money back no one will call me back. Every time I call I'm on hold for at least a half hour and after I talk to the rude customer service people they tell me underwriting will call me back and no one has yet!

Updated Resolution 2/10/2017: This company did hold to their work on 30 day money back guarantee. Despite of my previous review.

Wonderful experience. Agent was very thorough and thoughtful. He made things quite clear. I feel it was a great price. I had talked with other companies and their prices were considerable higher. Being on a fixed income I needed something affordable. Thank you American Standard Auto Protection.

Factual basis uncertain

I purchased a 2 year auto warranty contract with ASAP on 11/15/2016 on a used 2009 Mazda RX-8 that I purchased for my college son that same day. I specifically asked the ASAP salesperson over the telephone during purchase, "What is not covered?" He told me everything is covered except for regular wear and tear on the car. I told him okay and paid $1200 that day for the warranty. On 1/19/2017, my son told me the car was making a noise. I called ASAP and they opened a claim and told me to take it to a repair shop. Took it to the repair shop on 1/23/17. That same day, the repair shop told me that there were about 5 things wrong with the car and it would be about $5000 to repair and that he would send the report to ASAP.

It took them until today, 1/31/17, to contact the repair shop denying my claim. Mind you, they didn't contact me to tell me they were denying MY claim, they contacted the repair shop. They stated they denied my claim because the car had an unknown pre-existing condition. I asked the salesperson the day I purchased what was not covered and not once did he state anything about unknown pre-existing conditions. It's a used car, so everything will be a pre-existing condition. I believe I was wronged and treated unfairly by them taking over a week to make a decision which then I was not notified of and this is my son's car which is needed for college in another town and we have been put out for over a week because his car has been sitting at the repair shop.

Plus they took my money for the warranty under false pretenses. If I would have known about the unknown pre-existing condition, I would have not wasted my $1200 because I know this is a used car so used cars have some issues come up like any car does. The salesperson omitted information which is the same as lying and something needs to be done about this company.

Customer Service was easy to talk to & explained everything well. I haven't had the opportunity to actually use the service but so far what I purchased I'm pleased with. Hopefully all will go well when it's time for a repair to be done or when I have to use my warranty. Until I reach my present warranty of 50,000 miles then it will go into effect.

I decided to pursue a cancellation of my contract though no issue with ASAP. I started the process within 4 days of the activation of my service agreement. Following to the letter their instructions, it took another 4 weeks, 7 phone calls and threat of legal action to get them to cancel that contract. Then I was charged over two hundred dollars for that cancellation. Will never advise anyone to contact this company.. I would hate to have seen the effort it would have taken to file a claim on my vehicle.

Please be advised that after speaking to the gentleman who sold me the contract for my auto, I forgot to request to please snail mail the contract to my physical address as we do not have a printer to print out the contract. Thank you.

Call talk to Raymond and he was very helpful in getting this sign a contract. I've talked to 10 other warranty companies and this was the best. Raymond went out of his way to help me and gave me his personal number if I had any questions that is beyond the call of duty. Thank you.

I needed an extended warranty for my car. The young man that helped me was very professional and explained everything my warranty would cover. I was also very pleased with the payment options. I'm so glad I called American Standard Auto Protection!

Representative was great and knowledgeable when I called. Unfortunately I have one of the VW TDI cars under recall with buy-back provision that I have elected to take. No need for an extended warranty after decision to accept buy-back, January 27, 2017.

Jacob called me back to help me with my request that I posted online. I told him what I was looking for and he went over the policies. He put me on hold to talk to his supervisor to see what he could do with the price. He came back with $350 cheaper than what he just quoted and $0 deductible (but I had to pay all up front -not mentioned by him). I asked for something in writing that I could review with my boyfriend before I committed. He said that he really needed to get this set up today. (This was late in the afternoon). I felt total pressure and had him call me back in half an hour to give him my answer. I eventually signed up that same day but when I got my paperwork, it said the policy wouldn't start until 3 months from then because I didn't put down the proper down payment (I couldn't do the whole payment upfront so had to go back to original pricing he quoted).

This was never mentioned to me on the phone. I called back and they negotiated with me if I put down another $50, they would roll it back to 2 months. All in all, they have great prices for the coverage, but as far as customer service, it stinks and you feel so pressured to sign up NOW and they don't give you all the details upfront.

ASAP has the easiest, fastest and most efficient process I've dealt with and excellent, knowledgeable representatives. Their prices and quality of service are also outstanding. While I'd prefer to never have to use the coverage, the one time I did was effortless. My mechanic said it was the best service he's dealt with in the warranty arena!

Feel like the contract is fair. George was helpful and courteous. The true test will be if I have a claim how it is honored. If the claim is rejected after all good faith efforts have been made with maintenance, then I will feel like it was a scam.

Factual basis uncertain

American Standard is quick to deny all claims. They told me everything was pre-existing, water pump smelling gas. etc. The mechanic told me there was no possible way they can't prove that it was pre-existing. I decided to cancel my warranty. For the month and a half that this warranty was in effect they charged me 500 dollars and some change to cancel. Don't waste your time with this company. A month after my cancellation I am still waiting for refund. They are quick to take your money and slow, real slow, at giving it back. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody. If the repairs are expensive they will deny it. I have called them several times still no refund. It has turned into a nightmare.

Factual basis uncertain

To date I have not received a copy of my ASAP contract, either by e-mail or in paper form. I have made the first of three payments, but have not received any confirmation of that fact. I was told I have 30 days to cancel, but without knowing what this warranty covers, I am unsure as to what course to follow.

I am unable to give anything better than 4 stars and feel that is being generous. The payment processing was handled well by the gentleman once I was in the correct department. The rest of the process with this company was very difficult to say the least. Thank you again to the gentleman that helped in the payment department.

Service rep was great. Very helpful, with all the info I needed to make a decision. Thanks. I have not received my new member package yet. Please check on it! I understand my coverage starts 1-8-17, 93740 miles. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Read a lot of good on this ASAP company. Got the 100.000 mile 5 year warranty. Waited the extra month and took a 400 mile trip. Later the transmission was not working right. Took the car to a shop and said it was the solenoid switch. Called it in, without looking or inspecting the auto. Came back denied. The transmission fluid was changed before the trip and I also had a computer diagnosis before my trip, and the transmission, oil and auto had no engine error codes listed.

Factual basis uncertain

What a disappointment. I called mid-afternoon on Fri. 12/30/16 and spoke with Ray **. He immediately told me that he could talk to his supervisor and get me a "year-end deal" which would "only be good for that same day" and I could "lock it in with a deposit and have 30 days to cancel." He VERBALLY claimed several things would be covered on the contract, which ultimately were not stated in the WRITTEN contract whatsoever. I contacted him several times immediately thereafter. I knew he had left early for the day for NYE, but expected I would have a reply by Mon. or Tues. the latest.

It is now Thurs. and I have heard NOTHING from him despite my numerous requests to update the WRITTEN contract to reflect everything he had VERBALLY claimed it would. I also specifically told him in my emails that I would NOT sign the online authorization form until he updated and/or clarified the WRITTEN vs. VERBAL statements that didn't match. I requested he also call me, but he failed to reply to anything whatsoever, either by email or by phone.

Therefore, I had to resort to contacting my credit card company to get a temporary refund while my credit card company files a formal dispute for the charge. What a pain in the ass. Meanwhile, Ray was so quick to butter me up verbally stating I "sounded like such a sweetie." Oh God, does this type of nonsense really work with educated, adult women? I grateful I work in the legal field and have spent decades reviewing contracts, and was able to spot a scam as soon as I saw it!

Sadly, all the POSITIVE reviews online only reference the customer service received when signing up for the warranty. How convenient that you send a link asking people to IMMEDIATELY review your company when the true review should come AFTER they actually successfully use their warranty for repair coverage. Who cares how nice the salesman is if the end product isn't reliable? Considering the lack of communication and bait-and-switch I received between his VERBAL statements about the contract vs the actual WRITTEN statements of the contract, I am very grateful I didn't get swindled further as I'm sure this is just a precursor or things to come such as your company dragging its feet to approve repairs down the road or worse yet, claiming "pre-existing conditions" as a reason to NOT cover a repair that your warranty clearly states it DOES cover.

I've done my research online regarding your company and have found several reviews that have stated that getting your company to actually follow through and pay for repairs has been near impossible or at the very least, very tedious. Completely unacceptable, considering how quickly you collect your money upfront.

Daniel was very courteous and professional. Answered questions politely. Listened, patient, would recommend to a friend and family. Hope it's good and as good as it sounds. I can not think of anything else to say. Good bye and thanks again Daniel.

Factual basis uncertain

I talked with a salesman (Joe) about purchasing an extended warranty on my 2008 Chevy Impala and I was told that ASAP has an A rating with the BBB. I wasn't given any time to check ASAP out before purchasing the warranty as they were giving me a "discount" on the policy. After checking with the BBB and reading reviews I determined that the company was using false information. I left multiple voice mails with Joe and he never returned my calls. After further research I determine that almost all of their positive reviews are from people purchasing the warranty. Almost all reviews from people who had a claim was negative. I determined to cancel the warranty and on 12/21/16 I talked with Samantha who told me that I would get a refund in about 14 days and would get an email with an hour.

On 12/22/16 I emailed ASAP telling them that I wished to cancel and they responded that I would need to get the odometer reading notarized. I did this on 12/22/16 with an expense of about $26 and send the documentation by certified mail with delivery confirmation. The letter has been available for pickup since 12/28/16 and they still have not retrieved their certified letter. I can't imagine trying to get a claim paid if I ever had one. This company appears to be a scam. If not a scam, certainly a dishonest business.

Not overwhelmed with satisfaction nor totally alienated by experience. Just businesslike quid pro quo - I pay you, you do this. I felt that the price paid for the product was a good value or I would not have done the deal.

I liked the way Jacob ** presented himself and the Co. He was a professional, well-informed, and friendly. I will recommend the services to anyone looking for an extended warranty. I am looking forward to have a good experience with American Standard Auto Protection.

I was assisted by George and he was very informative, patient and helpful. He was not too aggressive and always answered his phone and all of my questions when I called back at least 3-4 times. Thank you so much!

ASAP Auto Warranty Company Profile