ASAP Auto Warranty

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've researched other warranties. I came across your website and submitted my information. I was pleased that when I received a call from Mr. **, he was pleasant and understanding of my time and was not pushy like the others I've encountered. He made my experience worth calling him back and signing up very enjoyable. I would be more than happy to recommend ASAP to anyone who is searching for extra coverage on their car.

To date I have not received a copy of my ASAP contract, either by e-mail or in paper form. I have made the first of three payments, but have not received any confirmation of that fact. I was told I have 30 days to cancel, but without knowing what this warranty covers, I am unsure as to what course to follow.

I am unable to give anything better than 4 stars and feel that is being generous. The payment processing was handled well by the gentleman once I was in the correct department. The rest of the process with this company was very difficult to say the least. Thank you again to the gentleman that helped in the payment department.

Service rep was great. Very helpful, with all the info I needed to make a decision. Thanks. I have not received my new member package yet. Please check on it! I understand my coverage starts 1-8-17, 93740 miles. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Read a lot of good on this ASAP company. Got the 100.000 mile 5 year warranty. Waited the extra month and took a 400 mile trip. Later the transmission was not working right. Took the car to a shop and said it was the solenoid switch. Called it in, without looking or inspecting the auto. Came back denied. The transmission fluid was changed before the trip and I also had a computer diagnosis before my trip, and the transmission, oil and auto had no engine error codes listed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection]?

Factual basis uncertain

What a disappointment. I called mid-afternoon on Fri. 12/30/16 and spoke with Ray **. He immediately told me that he could talk to his supervisor and get me a "year-end deal" which would "only be good for that same day" and I could "lock it in with a deposit and have 30 days to cancel." He VERBALLY claimed several things would be covered on the contract, which ultimately were not stated in the WRITTEN contract whatsoever. I contacted him several times immediately thereafter. I knew he had left early for the day for NYE, but expected I would have a reply by Mon. or Tues. the latest.

It is now Thurs. and I have heard NOTHING from him despite my numerous requests to update the WRITTEN contract to reflect everything he had VERBALLY claimed it would. I also specifically told him in my emails that I would NOT sign the online authorization form until he updated and/or clarified the WRITTEN vs. VERBAL statements that didn't match. I requested he also call me, but he failed to reply to anything whatsoever, either by email or by phone.

Therefore, I had to resort to contacting my credit card company to get a temporary refund while my credit card company files a formal dispute for the charge. What a pain in the ass. Meanwhile, Ray was so quick to butter me up verbally stating I "sounded like such a sweetie." Oh God, does this type of nonsense really work with educated, adult women? I grateful I work in the legal field and have spent decades reviewing contracts, and was able to spot a scam as soon as I saw it!

Sadly, all the POSITIVE reviews online only reference the customer service received when signing up for the warranty. How convenient that you send a link asking people to IMMEDIATELY review your company when the true review should come AFTER they actually successfully use their warranty for repair coverage. Who cares how nice the salesman is if the end product isn't reliable? Considering the lack of communication and bait-and-switch I received between his VERBAL statements about the contract vs the actual WRITTEN statements of the contract, I am very grateful I didn't get swindled further as I'm sure this is just a precursor or things to come such as your company dragging its feet to approve repairs down the road or worse yet, claiming "pre-existing conditions" as a reason to NOT cover a repair that your warranty clearly states it DOES cover.

I've done my research online regarding your company and have found several reviews that have stated that getting your company to actually follow through and pay for repairs has been near impossible or at the very least, very tedious. Completely unacceptable, considering how quickly you collect your money upfront.

Daniel was very courteous and professional. Answered questions politely. Listened, patient, would recommend to a friend and family. Hope it's good and as good as it sounds. I can not think of anything else to say. Good bye and thanks again Daniel.

Factual basis uncertain

I talked with a salesman (Joe) about purchasing an extended warranty on my 2008 Chevy Impala and I was told that ASAP has an A rating with the BBB. I wasn't given any time to check ASAP out before purchasing the warranty as they were giving me a "discount" on the policy. After checking with the BBB and reading reviews I determined that the company was using false information. I left multiple voice mails with Joe and he never returned my calls. After further research I determine that almost all of their positive reviews are from people purchasing the warranty. Almost all reviews from people who had a claim was negative. I determined to cancel the warranty and on 12/21/16 I talked with Samantha who told me that I would get a refund in about 14 days and would get an email with an hour.

On 12/22/16 I emailed ASAP telling them that I wished to cancel and they responded that I would need to get the odometer reading notarized. I did this on 12/22/16 with an expense of about $26 and send the documentation by certified mail with delivery confirmation. The letter has been available for pickup since 12/28/16 and they still have not retrieved their certified letter. I can't imagine trying to get a claim paid if I ever had one. This company appears to be a scam. If not a scam, certainly a dishonest business.

Not overwhelmed with satisfaction nor totally alienated by experience. Just businesslike quid pro quo - I pay you, you do this. I felt that the price paid for the product was a good value or I would not have done the deal.

I liked the way Jacob ** presented himself and the Co. He was a professional, well-informed, and friendly. I will recommend the services to anyone looking for an extended warranty. I am looking forward to have a good experience with American Standers Auto Protection.

I was assisted by George and he was very informative, patient and helpful. He was not too aggressive and always answered his phone and all of my questions when I called back at least 3-4 times. Thank you so much!

My experience of buying a contract was OK. I spoke with someone on Dec. 19, 2016. I wasn't told I had to sign any kind of papers online. I gave my email address when I spoke to you all in Dec. Today I was told I gave the wrong email address.

Factual basis uncertain

They claim to be available 24/7/365, however that is an answering service that takes messages. Your message will not be received until the next working business day. The Repair Shop and I had left messages well before 5 on a Friday and no one at ASAP returned any calls so I was stranded out of town over a holiday weekend with no truck. I tried calling 17 times on the following Tuesday all morning to only be greeted by an automated system. Finally a person answered and I was told that if the repair shop hasn't been called by them and for me to have the repair shop (Ford Dealer) call them again. I told her that it's much easier for ASAP to call the shop than it is for Ford to keep trying to get through ASAP's frustrating phone system. All she could say was have Ford call back. I hung up even more frustrated.

I call the Repair Shop and asked the service adviser if he had heard anything from ASAP and he said no, that he had even tried calling them earlier and finally got a prompt to leave a message for them to call him back. VERY FRUSTRATING AND INCONVENIENT! I hope ASAP enjoyed their holiday weekend, mine sucked since I was stranded away from home.

I was very pleased with the knowledge of the customer service representative and it appears as though the American Standard programs are very competitive in the industry. I felt very comfortable choosing American Standard for my vehicle coverage and I would recommend the program to other individuals seeking similar programs.

Factual basis uncertain

They are good at selling you warranty that doesn't cover anything! I paid 4100 for the best warranty they had, the sales guy assured me that it cover everything except belts and hoses. Well I had to file a claim they took 1 week to inspect the car, only to tell me they are going to use cover the cost of used parts and the rest of the parts fall under the "but not limited to" in the exclusions. So basically they don't cover anything. Waste of money. Never have I had suck a bad experience with a warranty company. They are rude don't care about what you have to say. I would give them 0 stars if possible.

Now that my factory warranty is expired on my 2014, I feel much better about taking a trip with my car. And the price fit my budget. I was looking at a new car so I could get a warranty but I would have to lose about $5,000 on the trade in, which would put me in a higher interest rate and I would be buried with that car.

The representative Joseph ** was very professional. I felt like he was actually working to get me the best price possible. I was anxious because another company I used went bankrupt without notifying me. I feel secure with ASAP Warranty and hope that you don't let me down.

Factual basis uncertain

Jessie ** told me I would be charged $1998 to cover 2 cars under Fleet, i.e. one payment for both cars, but he charged me twice. I want my full refunds and have been misled and lied to. In addition he said he would personally respond to any of my questions, but he has not called me after I raised my concerns with him many times.

Well I needed to get a new warranty because the one I had is about to expire. I looked around & this one seemed to be the best for the price. So I'm hoping that it will be as good as it looked & sounded.

Recommend to a friend. Explain everything about the car. Options. More secure about my new car. More confident of driving a car that I never drove before. Thanks again for the information. I usually drive a BMW or Mercedes. But the warranty really make a difference.

Factual basis uncertain

When I inquired about coverage in September of 2016 the sales rep. went through the contract with me. The sales rep mentioned that ASAP paid a labor rate of $90. I stopped him there and told him that this car is a BMW and the BMW dealership labor rate is $160. He explained that ASAP would pay the $160 if taken to the dealership with no hesitation. Apparently your sales reps lie? We have our car in the dealership (12/20/16) and the dealership called ASAP for coverage and was told that ASAP would only pay $90 per hour which is not what I was told in the buying process. I would not have purchased this agreement if I had known I was being lied too.

If this is standard operating procedure for your company then I am not only disappointed but very disgusted with your business practices! Ask yourself, Why would someone who knows and had told your rep the going labor rate at the BMW dealer purchase a warranty that would not cover the full amount? Oh and your customer service rep. needs an attitude adjustment, very rude tone.

I reviewed and got bids from several competitors. Your salesman quote "got me a great deal" for 5 years 100,000 miles. I have read online more than several opinions and BBB reports of your not paying, not covering, broken promises, etc. I could not find really good recommendations. I hope and pray that by taking a chance on you I will get what I paid for in coverage. All I ask is please be fair and fix problems when they occur, please.

Daniel ** was very helpful, gave us great customer service and was very patient by explaining everything we were looking for. In addition, provided us with better pricing option, which is what made us close the deal. Would recommend it.

Rarely do I feel strongly enough to ask a company to send me a review form because my expectations have been exceeded! Range Rover 2008. Claim instigated on Wednesday, approved Thursday. Car back on the road Friday. No hassle, no arguments, even repair shop was impressed.

I was pleased with the 100% coverage for a part/service. However while in the shop I was initially told you would get back to me on whether it was covered within 24 H, but when I persisted the shop was contacted immediately so I could proceed without worry. I recently sold this vehicle after 9 months into the contract. The dealership tried to get me to go with Allstate but since I had had good coverage with ASAP I called to see about transferring the policy. I was told after being put on hold that I could not do that.

So I got a new policy (from Raymond) and proceeded with paperwork to get a prorated refund. I mailed odometer form in and when had not heard anything after a week or so I called. I was then told after several on holds that I could have transferred my policy via a transfer form. My mailed odometer form had not been received so I faxed it and am still waiting a refund. Through this I noticed except for Raymond and the phone etiquette could have been improved. Specifically a more interested, energetic, enthusiastic tone.

Joseph ** was straightforward and precise in his recommendation of your products. His price point and coverage(s) were significantly better than the dealer we just bought from. Looking forward to a long term working relationship, but hope we don't have to use the product!

I really enjoyed the experience. He did not quote me a price and then start tagging on extra fees. I was given a 30 percent discount and a fee extras like $0 deductible and tire and rim coverage. Will definitely purchase with them again.

Very satisfied with the company and how they provided me with the information that I needed to make what I think is the right decision for me. I thank them for all the help that was render to me. Will recommend to family and friends.

I bought an extended warranty thinking they would cover repairs for a check engine light. They covered 250.00 dollars of a 727.83 dollar bill. The person who sold me my warranty told me to take car to dealer. They would not cover any suggested fixes. I am very unhappy.

I was a previous customer of ASAP and was very impress with your service, respond to claims and customer care. I will continue to use your service due to the fact that your corporation provides (Peace of Mind). A intangible product that is very difficult to find with other businesses. Please continue to provide an outstanding service. Thank You.

ASAP Auto Warranty Company Profile