Call now
3.19/5
Based on 202 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard Auto Protection, widely known as ASAP warranty, can eliminate covered auto repair bills. With ASAP warranty's Vehicle Protection you can take your vehicle to the repair facility that you are most comfortable with and let American Standard Auto Protection take care of the bill. ASAP warranty will pay your repair facility directly for all covered repairs and eliminate the hassle!

ASAP warranty is the direct provider or better known as the administrator and obligor of your vehicle service contract. The old days of buying from brokers and dealers is now out window. With American Standard Auto Protection (ASAP Warranty), you will save time and, more importantly, you will save money on covered repairs. As a direct to consumer administrator, ASAP will be with you every step of the way.

BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 21, 2018

540 ASAP Auto Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

When I first found ASAP, I would call the business and the customer service rep for new customers always answered on at least the first ring to recruit new customers. Then after my money was taken and new members packet given, all of a sudden everyone is just an answering service but can do nothing about claims or even refunding money. I feel this company is a fraud and I do not recommend it to anyone. So far, I have spoken to Jessette, Bailey, and someone else who did not give me a name but rather put me on hold for 45 minutes and then hang up. Or the reps that claim that there is no supervisor in office and they will send your call with highest priority. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced and they took $2,200. I will be escalating this issue.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Initially I wrote a 5 star comment because I felt the salesperson answered my questions. I went ahead and went with them. I'm still in way within my 30 period. But now I'm not sure the salesperson even works there still. No email response, no answer calling directly, so I use the company directory and he can't be found with using their 3 digits of the last name. Every time I've called since last week no matter the prompt you select or time, I always get the answering service. I gave them the benefit of the doubt on Monday being a holiday 2/19/18. Every time I've left a message they said they will mark it urgent but until now since last Thursday 2/15/18 I haven't received any responses.

I was actually going to add my wife's car and up my coverage, but if this is how they deal with this I can't imagine trying to do a claim. Not sure why they are ranked 2nd on here. It's the old saying if it's too good to be true then it must not be true. I'm trying to cancel it now and get my refund before the 30 days. But no one is calling back. Hmm, wonder why?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

This is the worst scam company. I don't know why ConsumerAffairs has not done anything with them. They are still doing business (ripping people's). My brother and I each bought an auto warranty from American Standard Auto Protection and not only that they don't want to covered the repairs. They haven't refund me my money. We cancel my subscription 4 months ago and still waiting for the money, I been contact the BBB and ConsumerAffairs and they have done nothing. My next step is to contact the Federal Trade Commission to see if they do something for us, and everyone else that is being rob.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I purchased my policy from ASAP in October of 2017. In February of 2018 my car broke down. I had it towed to my mechanic and immediately called ASAP to start the claim. It has been two days, 12 calls to the company and I still have not received a call back to start a claim and my car is still sitting at the shop waiting to be looked at. Worst service I have ever had.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I bought a used car and had the car covered by ASAP warranty. After the waiting period of a month the car broke down three days after the 30 days waiting period. Bad luck on my part. They told me the car was faulty before the contract and left me with the bill. So I canceled my contract for a refund and to get the repairs done. It's an extremely long process to get your money back and they are terrible about communicating with you. ASAP Warranty doesn't set accurate expectations nor do they communicate to set an accurate deadline. I am still waiting for my refund and I canceled my contract on 12/12/17. I am writing this on 2/20/18. A representative told me, the refund amount would be credit to my account after 30 business days. I have been calling them since and no reply. Don't do business with ASAP Warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection]?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

After posting a positive review a few weeks ago, I've changed my mind. George **, who was so accommodating during the sales process, is ignoring me. He told me that I could cancel within 30 days, and when I tried to do this, I have been ignored to the tune of over a dozen phone messages left, several emails, and someone named Daniel assuring me that my refund would be processed immediately. I am contacting my bank to process a claim of fraud (service paid for, not provided) to get my money back. Zero integrity.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

This warranty company has been rated in top 5 companies for extended warranty. I don't know why. This is the worst company I am dealing with. I canceled my contract two months ago, they sent me an email with the odometer disclosure form. I filled it. Notarised and mailed it to them. But still I did not have any update on my refund. Every time I call the customer service number it takes forever to get connected, after getting connected they say that they are going to send the email with my refund information but never do so. This company is stealing money from people. I don't recommend this company to anyone at all. Please choose other warranty companies.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I think this company is going under based on all the reviews and that my situation is exactly the same. Cannot get anyone to call me back for repairs made to my car. Waiting 3 weeks for a return call. They put you on hold and never pick up. Anyone who gives them money will be scammed.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

My car has been at dealership for several days and adjuster has yet to call back with many messages left by dealership and also my, the policy holder. I am now without any transportation and no idea when my car will be fixed. This is very unacceptable and a breach of policy contract. I've left many messages with no other options as to how to get in touch with a company representative. I'm beyond disappointed and stress and this is the reason as to why I purchased this policy to avoid these awful situations.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I was offered a plan. I never signed contract. Because something seemed off. They got my credit card but he said he would not charge it. And remind you I still didn’t agree or sign anything. I had to call 10 times to Cancel. They said they canceled and that the payment was taking out. It’s was 30 days ago. I still have not got my money back. I have been calling this company for the last 3 weeks. No one call back it goes to their answering service. You leave your phone number all you want but still no call. They have 1000 dollars of my money and I cannot get it back. And you can’t reach the company, I took a risk on this company. The reviews are funny. They have a higher rating but read the reviews. It’s fake. FAKE, FAKE, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. 3 weeks after 50 messages. I have not got one call. Call the number on their site. It’s not them. There is NO NUMBER TO THIS COMPANY. I’m warning you stay away from this company.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Tried 3 times to speak with someone regarding a claim, have yet to speak with anyone other than the answering service regardless of when I call. Still no contact. I did get in touch with my credit card company and the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Each time I called ASAP, the claims rep tells me "somebody will get back to you". I called Dec 2016, several times in Jan 2018. No callbacks. No postal mail in regards to my pro-rated refund. The service contract was from June 7, 2016 to December 22, 2016. I have filed a complaint with BBB. STILL waiting on resolving this pro-rated refund. Documents have been sent with odometer readings AND the location where the vehicle is at to the claims address. ASAP is quick taking your money but the customer service dealing with claims/refunds is a big, fat zero. Buyers beware.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

It's very troubling to see the response from another customer. I sold my truck back in November 2017 and requested a refund from ASAP. The first address I was told to send the cancellation doc to returned my letter. The post office cited "box closed. No forwarding order on file". I called again and was given a second address. I sent it to this address back in late November 2017 and still have not received a refund. I have started calling everyday and am receiving the same response as the other customer. This is their answering service and someone will call me back. No one ever does and it is February 2018. They will not even transfer or let you speak to a supervisor. Something is not right...

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I followed the ASAP process to cancel my existing coverage. Upon completing the form, I was provided a refund amount which was suppose to go back on my credit card. The refund never happened. It has been 3 months now and no one is returning my call. Every time I call them, their phone answering team tells me someone will call me back. This company is a scam. I am in the process of getting my lawyer involved.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have tried for 8 days now, as well as the Niello BMW dealership Service Advisor, Joe ** to contact several phone #s for ASAP Auto Warranty. All TO NO AVAIL!! When we have tried calling the main phone #, We are put on hold for over 45 MINUTES and then DISCONNECTED!!! When we have called the main # and the Answering service answers, both Mr. ** and myself have provided the Claim information with the parts #s and were told "that a Claims Rep would call back within 2-3 hours or immediately". NEVER HAPPENED!!!

I have sent 3 emails to their "Get In Touch" section... Again to NO AVAIL!! I have tried to find out the name and address of the CEO for ASAP but "no one seems to have that information." I purchased this Warranty "protection" last February, 2017 and will desperately try to find a way to have all my money ($2800) refunded or at least prorated as I will Never USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN OR REFER Them!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I purchased a policy on Nov. 28 after experiencing problems with my Audi A4. I received a good ‘Cyber Monday’ deal and purchased. After speaking with the BH Audi Service advisor, I realized I made a mistake in my purchase as a lot of their claims get denied. Since I had 30 days to cancel before the warranty even would take effect, I decided to cancel. That’s where my problems start! I called a week later and left a message with their answering service. 3 days later a guy calls and tells me my advisor lied to me, they will cover preexisting issues if they were unknown at the time of contract purchase and how the call was recorded so that’s how I know it's all facts.

I spoke to the advisor again and starting reading online reviews of ASAP and called again to cancel. Told me someone would call me back again... Ok... I just want to cancel. Had to send an email and call AGAIN to get a cancellation request on Dec.12. It may take up to 30 business days to process, FINE. Fast forward to February 5 and still no refund. I again call one, two times and wait over 25 minutes to speak to an operator and they see yes it's been over the allotted time and will forward to accounting department for immediate review. I ask how long before I receive a refund, he said by the end of the day.

Ok, exactly 7 days later (today Monday Feb 12) I call at 10:45 am PST and their answering service picks up. Weird? The guy has no info on my account and stated someone will call me back during the business hours even though it was the business hours and they should’ve picked up anyway? I'm done going back and forth with this company. I disputed the charge with AMEX and have all the emails and cancellation forms dated and stamped per ASAP's own policy. AMEX can deal with them because I have lost all patience. And for the record I cancelled my policy 61 days ago today. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I filed a claim for a refund on a covered vehicle I lost in Hurricane Harvey in September. I have received no refund in now over 5 months. They hang up on my calls or put me on hold. They do not respond to any emails. This company is a lying fraud.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

My assessment of the service has been poor as of to date. Previously I filed a claim and it was rejected without any reasonable explanation. From my perspective on that occasion it seemed as though ASAP found a loophole. Now 02/08/18 I have been trying to check on the status of my most recent claim and am not able to get anyone on the phone. I've been trying for two days. My dealership has been trying for 3 days just to check on the status. My car has been in the shop for over a week now. I need to know something and so does the dealership.

On multiple occasions to call customer service I've been on hold for over an hour and then the phone just drops. My dealership has had the same experience after opening the claim and being told it was under investigation. I at least need to speak to a human or a receive a return phone call. I am VERY upset and disappointed at the non-existent customer service. This is absolutely horrible. I have a job to do at work and I don't have the time to waste on hold trying to reach someone when you guys are living up to a even a minimal level of customer service. Please call as soon as possible.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I won't bore you with the details of my experience but I'll save you time and precious money. Do not use this company!!! They are fraudulent. They will take your money. They will not cover anything even if they say they will, they will not refund your money, they will not answer your claim phone calls or your mechanic's phone calls. You will not be able to make a claim once your car is needing service because they are a phony company!!! This company needs to be shut down and I want the world to know it.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

The agent split my deposit into 2 payments and explained to me that my plan would start 30 days from the FIRST payment. 30 day later they tell me it starts from the second payment. SMH. So I tried to make the 2nd payment and haven’t been able to contact them since. They never responded to any of my calls, voicemails nor emails. I literally couldn’t even reach them to make a payment. On hold for over 30 mins each time I called. Never seen a company that you could not reach them to PAY THEM. Worst ** I have ever seen. I’m not even sure this is a legit company.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Daniel was very helpful and answered all my concerns even the negative reviews. So far he's been honest and I moved forward with purchasing the warranty. Definitely glad price wise. I didn't go with a broker who charges more. I did have an issue with getting my quote, but was handled quickly. More than likely due to email server.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

They never answered the phone. They never paid the bills. This is a very CHEAP company and you will get what you have paid for. If you do not want to mess up with your life, avoid this ** company at all cost.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I brought my car to the dealership to get two rims repaired, I presented my account number and had a seat. My service representative tried to contact you guys for nearly two hours now with little success. I have been waiting over two hours and have yet to receive a call back from you. I have been on hold for over an hour, this is unacceptable. I finally told the service representative to fix my car and I will just pay out of pocket. This is by far the worst service I have ever had, I’m totally disappointed!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

When you put a claim you're on hold for 45 minutes to one hour. My mechanic refused to stay on hold. When you do put a claim in, they only cover for failure. So, if your power steering pump is leaking, or water pump is leaking, they will not cover you. They will cover you if it fails. So, if you catch it early leaking, they don’t cover you. If your brakes fail while driving, they cover you. Problem is, if you maintain your car or if the light on dashboard lights up, you're not covered. So, they don’t protect you. Most mechanical items start leaking before failure. It’s a waste of money. Maybe there are better warranty companies, but stay away from this one. If you call them and push one for sales they pick right up. Push three to file a claim, and plan to stay on hold for an hour. And a supervisor will never get on the phone. Or call you back. They advertise that it’s a peace of mind to be with them. It’s a Peace of mind to stay away from them.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

When I first started looking for an extended warranty for my car, I did a simple Google search and ASAP was the first to come up. I submitted an online request for a quote and in the 5 minutes between submitting it did some quick research on the highest-rated providers. (I was pleased to find that ASAP is the 2nd-best reviewed provider.) When George called, I wasn't seriously considering purchasing a warranty on that day; I just wanted to do some research and determine the best way to go. However, George's knowledge, patience and eagerness won me over.

George not only explained to me the features of the top-level warranty (for my 2011 Mercedes-Benz E550 Cabriolet with 40k miles), he suggested I make a Google search for highest-rated auto warranties and offered to wait while I did some research. I did as he suggested, and found several independent positive reviews and articles about ASAP's products and customer service. George was open, honest and passionate, and was wholly confident in ASAP's offerings. He was more than willing to give me the time I needed to compare them with their competitors and was completely forthright when I questioned him about some of the less-than-positive reviews I was seeing. (Most were related to delays in responses to communication requests.)

When I indicated hesitance at the initial quote, George reworked the numbers and was able to offer a package that I couldn't pass up. The coverage I will have is exactly what I was looking for, and the cost and deductible are much better than I had originally hoped for. I can't commend George any higher for his assistance, professionalism and dedication to his service. I look forward to a long, beneficial relationship with ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I would like to say thank you to American Standard for being so helpful and easy going with my claim. My transmission on my Toyota Sienna went out and it cost over 2400 to fix which I wouldn't be able to afford if I didn't have a warranty package. Process was fairly fast and got my car back after just a few days. Best part is I only paid 1500 for my policy and I have two years on it left. Thank you again to John in claims. You have been great.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I had very good experience with policy information and activation. Mr. ** was very informative and helpful in getting me the best value possible. I hope my experience with claims processing will be as good as my experience with sales. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

First of all, you went ahead and cashed the check without the contract even been signed by me. Of course I didn't know that until time came to use your services. And flat out got denied coverage after fifteen months into contract, after been on the phone for at least half hour at a time for about four times, and that's not included in the times the shop called. And now that I want to cancel you want me to find someone to notarize the odometer reading. You are by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with and I will make sure the whole world knows about it. And when you're on hold and hear over and over and over again how we the consumer should have peace of mind when we choose you... now that's the joke of the century...

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Pleasant experience so far, my Mercedes Benz was having electrical issues with the GPS and power seats, the repair took a little longer than I expected due to them having to order some parts but I was able to get a loaner car from the dealer while they were fixing my car so no complaints so far. Everything works fine now so I am happy I purchased a plan with ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I recently submitted a claim regarding two items on my vehicle. The customer service was atrocious, in terms of representatives not getting back to me or the shop in a timely manner. The process took one month to get a "no." In addition, I learned that the claims were not approved, that the problems were outside of the coverage. I purchased a complete warranty, I thought. If parts break, that's what a warranty is supposed to cover, unless you can find that my operation of the vehicle was outside of normal usage. I feel this is a fraud.

ASAP Auto Warranty [American Standard Auto Protection] expert review by Lauren Fix

ASAP Auto Warranty is an extended warranty provider. It provides users with coverage for repairs if their car breaks down within a couple of years of purchase.

• Available all over the U.S. and Canada: Users are guaranteed coverage no matter where they drive in the U.S. and Canada. This gives them extra peace of mind during road trips and vacations.

• Offers roadside assistance: Customers don't have to pay extra for roadside assistance coverage through another company. If the car breaks down, ASAP will send someone to change a tire, jump-start the engine or tow the car to the nearest repair shop.

• Direct-to-consumer administrator: ASAP is not a broker, so when a user needs to file a claim, he or she works with the same company that sold the warranty.

• Money back guarantee: ASAP stands behind its warranties, offering a 30-day money back guarantee to all new customers.

• Covers all major repairs: The extended warranty covers just about anything that could go wrong with a vehicle, including costly engine and transmission repairs.

• Best for: High-mileage drivers, new car owners, used car owners and busy families.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

ASAP Auto Warranty Company Information

www.asapwarranty.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use