4.2/5 (54 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About American First Auto Protect

American First Auto Protect provides extended auto warranties for used vehicles that are no longer under warranty by the manufacturer. The company is headquartered in New York but serves customers all over the U.S. It has more than 14 years of experience in the industry and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Its coverage plans are highly customizable.

Pros

• Direct payment to certified shops
  • Customizable coverage
  • Roadside assistance included

Cons

• Not transparent about prices

Bottom Line

American First Auto Protect is an extended auto warranty company. It promises flexible coverage that fits any budget. It covers parts, services and roadside assistance. For a quote, you’ll have to contact the company directly.

What is American First Auto Protect?

American First Auto Protect is an extended auto warranty company with more than 14 years of experience. The company works with ASE-certified mechanics, and customers can use any certified mechanic nationwide. It promises 100% customer satisfaction with a 30-day money-back guarantee. American First also employs dedicated industry experts to help answer any questions.

How does American First Auto Protect work?

American First Auto Protect requires that you contact them for a quote. From there, a customer service agent will work with you to build a plan that meets your coverage and budgetary needs. The agent goes through a comprehensive list of all your options, as well as an agreement and terms that work for you.

Once you have coverage, American First Auto Protect deals with mechanics and dealerships directly. This includes handling payments so you only ever have to deal with the company itself. It works with people all across the country who are looking for extended auto warranty coverage.

American First Auto Protect coverage

American First Auto Protect offers three levels of coverage: Silver, Gold and Platinum. The website doesn’t go into great detail about the plans — instead, it leaves room for plan customizations. Each plan does include roadside assistance.

• Silver: This plan offers the most basic coverage. As well as essential components, like the engine, transmission and brakes, the Silver plan covers a number of potential roadside issues.
    • Engine
    • Empty gas tank
    • Dead battery
    • Trip interruption
    • Towing
  • Gold: This plan is similar to the basic plan, with one major addition: coverage for the steering system.
  • Platinum: This plan offers the most comprehensive coverage from American First Auto Protect, with everything in the Gold plan and more; it’s the only one that includes nonessential electronic components.
    • Turbo/supercharger
    • Seals
    • Gaskets
    • GPS navigation
    • High-tech electronics

How much does American First Auto Protect cost?

American First Auto Protect doesn’t list pricing on its website. Instead, you have to contact the company directly for a quote. The company promises flexible coverage with a custom plan that meets both your needs and budget. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind or are unhappy with your coverage. You can contact the company for a quote by phone or by email.

American First Auto Protect FAQ

Where is American First Auto Protect located?
American First is headquartered in Albany, New York.
Where is American First Auto Protect available?
American First works with people all across the United States. It doesn’t specify any states where its services are not available.
What doesn’t American First Auto Protect cover?
Coverage depends on your specific contract. Generally, extended auto warranties don’t cover accident damage or theft. Plans also aren’t likely to cover windshield or window damage or items that wear out, such as brake pads or tires.
How do I file a claim with American First Auto Protect?
American First Auto Protect promises an easy process when making a claim. You’ll go to a certified shop for any issues, and American First will deal with them and pay them directly.

Is American First Auto Protect worth it?

If you have a used car that’s no longer under a manufacturer warranty, an extended auto warranty from American First might be a good idea. It can help cover many of the issues that come with time and use. While it’s not very transparent in terms of pricing, the company does promise custom plans to match your budget. Overall, it’s worth getting a quote from American First Auto Protect if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty.

American First Auto Protect Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American First Auto Protect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American First Auto Protect?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

American First Auto Protect has provided me with exceptional service. My BMW broke down 2 nights ago on the freeway. I contacted American First and they set me up with towing directly to my Dealership. That following morning I got a call from one of their customer service representatives letting me know that they are in contact with the shop and they will call me before the end of the day with approval. A few hours passed and my phone buzzed and American First called me back and let me know that I can go pick up my car the following day and the claim for the suspension was fully covered. The way American First dealt with this is how every company should be. They stayed in contact with me and did what they promised. Cheers guys thank you.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

I am so happy I chose this company over the others I been comparing. Teddy and Jennifer are truly amazing people. My recent claim was taken care of in a timely fashion. I was updated right away when I brought my vehicle for service. The technician found that my fuel injector needed to be replaced. I contacted American first immediately and Jennifer called the shop and paid the claim for me. Jennifer was patient with me, answered all my questions and let me know that she was in good hands. I was a little wary of extended warranty because of the last company I had a policy with. But American First stands by their word and did an amazing job. Hopefully I never have to use it again but if I do I know they have my back.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I was researching different auto warranty companies through the Consumer Affair website. I input the type of car I had along with the mileage, and it connected me with American First Auto Protect. Chase ** walked me through the process and gave me an unbeatable price, and answered all of my questions. He even offered me the tire and rim protection with my plan. I still wasn’t sure about the company, and he did send me a sample contract via email. After reading the sample contract and reviews, I decided to take a chance in hopes that I will never have to use my warranty, but if I did, they would back their product/services. I paid for the warranty and the following day I received the confirmation email and the signature pages which was downloadable almost immediately. So far the process was seamless!

Original review: July 10, 2021

I am so thankful I found this company. Zach ** and his team have gone above and beyond to accommodate my needs. I was on a road trip in the desert heat when my AC Clutch blew! So I looked up the nearest auto repair shop and had it fixed. I contacted the company and they immediately took care of this expense for me and had me on my way on a Saturday night of a holiday weekend! This was by far the quickest service I have ever received. They spoke and paid the auto shop directly. I was given my keys and off I went to finish out my cross country road trip. I am so impressed with this company and I refer all my friends to them. You cannot go wrong with these guys. The whole process almost seems too good to be true. Thank you Zach and your team for everything.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness, response, and professionalism of the staff involved. Barry, Zach and Colin are great people to deal with and I was put at ease immediately. I had a nightmare experience with Chex whose sales guy was high pressure, high strung, lied about other companies and badmouthed them in a most unprofessional manner. Not so with American First. I purchased a five year Platinum warranty for a just purchased 14 year old Chrysler Crossfire in mint condition with less than 14,000 miles. I don't expect problems with it but since it's 80+% Mercedes I didn't want costly repairs if needed in the future. I requested a couple of items not specifically mentioned to be added to the policy and it was done immediately with an addendum and without argument. I can tell you I sleep very well now knowing these guys have my back. Thank you very much everyone at American First Auto Protect.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Super honest and quick response. This company I would give ten stars if I can. My car was in the shop for less than a day. My Dealership said this is the easiest warranty company they have ever worked with. I brought my car in. Let American first know and they did their job in a timely manner. I am really happy I chose this company over others I was comparing.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

American First provided me with an extended warranty back in July of this year. I purchase the plan because I just bought a new Mercedes and wanted it protected. Their rates were a lot better than the Dealership with the same coverage. Last week my AC was blowing out cold air so I contacted American first and they advised me to take my car to my Mercedes Benz dealer. American first approved the claim within a couple of hours for my condenser. I called American first to let them know that the dealer had to order the part since it was not in stock and it was coming from Germany. They also provided me a rental car until my vehicle was ready to be picked up. The experience with them was easy and quick.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I had bought and Audi Q5 2011 and didn't buy service contract from dealer but shopped on my own. Read reviews.. Consumer Affairs etc.. and called a few places. American First sounded legitimate and answered all my questions. It was $3K - with a Veteran discount - for Platinum coverage. Great. Paid. In August.. engine light kept coming on. Took to Audi dealer.. needed new fuel pump and regulator. About $1500 in repairs. Called American First.. connected them with Audi. Audi struggled mightily getting anything from them. Sent repair quote but couldn't get American First to agree. American said they were sending an inspector. Never happened 2 weeks went by and I had rental car. Said they would cover up to $75 a day for rental. Nothing. Audi said I would have to pay and get reimbursed. American First agreed and I did. I never got reimbursed. So I paid them $3K for service contract and then $2K out of pocket - nothing.

No billing department. No other folks. Always sounds like the same guy. Endless run around. I then cancelled my contract in November. Colin said fine - billing would reach out. Never did. I asked for confirmation of my cancellation request - nothing. I asked for refund - check is in the mail. Nothing. 2 months later - nothing and now no response from them. Clearly a fraudulent business that takes payment and then does not honor service contract purchased. I'm out $3,000. Stay away from this fraudulent business. They will take your money and then just run you around and never take care of your auto. I suspect all the positive reviews on here are fake.

American First Auto Protect response
    Hi Corey,

Unfortunately, the repairs you brought your vehicle in for are not covered components. We strive to do our best for customers that's why we offered courtesy on the non-covered repair. If you have any questions please give us a call at 877-646-3363.

W

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I wanted to write this review because Of Ashley in claims. This lady was amazing from start to finish from the day my vehicle was in the shop I called right away and got connected with Ashley. I gave her my Maserati advisors name and number and she called him right away. Within an hour she called back and gave me authorization and approved the repair for me. A lot of people never follow up but Ashley is amazing and made sure to call me and let me know that it was paid for. Ashley you and your company are amazing.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

2 nights ago my car broke down in the middle of the highway at about 11 at night. I called American first to see what to do because there were no mechanics open at that time. American first got my vehicle towed to the nearest Land Rover dealer. The next day I received a call from American first advising me that my car will be ready by ends day. It was a small repair that needed to be done on the battery. Hands down the fastest service I have received in my life with extended warranty.

American First Auto Protect response

Thank you for the kind review. At American First we strive to do the best for each and every customer.

American First Auto Protect Company Information