1.00/5
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an auto transporter?

9 American Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 12, 2018

Long story short despite various phone calls to check on the status of pickup, my vehicle is 6 days late being picked up. It was supposed to be picked up on Monday or Tuesday and delivered on Saturday. When it wasn't picked up I called and was told it would be picked up Thursday or Friday (after I had already moved across the country). It is now Saturday, the day my vehicle was supposed to be delivered, but it hasn't even been picked up now. Somehow no one can tell me when my car will be picked up or where their driver is. I begin my new job on Monday with AmeriCorps. I have to rent a vehicle now to get myself to work, which will likely cost me 2 weeks pay at AmeriCorps. Aka I literally will not have money for food as a recent college grad specifically being paid to live on the poverty line.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I shipped a car from NY to CA. The car was delivered 6 days past its estimated time. I was also told on 3 separate occasions when the car would be delivered and each time the car never showed up. The company doesn't respond to messages and text messages in a timely fashion. I was told over a week ago management would be contacting me, I'm still waiting. I would avoid using this company.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Called set up and got quote with **. Agreed to everything. Was suppose to pick up on Nov 25 2016. Late in the day I called and he wasn't picking it up like he guaranteed me it would be picked up. Called several time over the week to keep conferring with him and come to find out it was all lies and he was trying to blame another company. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

Original review: July 1, 2016

Contacted Alex **. Real nice on the phone. Arranged to have car picked up on Jul 1, 2016. Told me that driver would contact me 2 days earlier. Jun 29, 2016 no call from driver. Tried call Alex numerous times. Left messages. No response. Contacted Angela at customer service. Told me that driver would call me that day if not the next day (Jun 30). No call from driver. Today is July! Still no call. Contacted ANGELA, ALEX. Left messages for both. No response from either. Emailed them at customer service and told them to cancel my order. Also contacted my credit company for disputing the $149.00 deposited.

Original review: May 21, 2016

I was looking for a quote and spoken Alan, he wouldn't stop calling me "beautiful" and other crap. He promised me my car would be picked up on 18th of April, and dropped off by 3pm Saturday. The customer service is one person named Ang or some crap, she doesn't answer her phone every. None of them do, the company is liars and crooks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Auto Transport?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I spoke with a gentleman who took my information and credit card number and was told that it was just for a hold on the reservation and within hours my American Express had been used three times unsuccessfully with attempted charges at three different companies. The only one I recognize was JCPenney however luckily AMEX flagged as fraudulent. I didn't ever expect to hear back from them. However I am now getting non-stop calls texts inquiries and when I told them I was going with a different company I was asked, "Why would you sign a contract with us?" To which I replied, "I did not sign anything" and explained what happened with my credit card and they were the only possible way my information has been obtained since I hadn't used that card in months. She quite abruptly ended the call which I took as admission of guilt.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2015

Helpful to get your deposit. Could care less about your actual transport. Scheduled a pickup from IN to FL. No pickup. No call. Same thing the next day. No call backs. Absolutely useless and pathetic business practice. Not sure how they are still in business. Don't use.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

I called for help at 2 pm. It is 9 pm and my car is still here and they were paid and can't get no answer when calling. They are a slow rip off!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2015

He told me it would take a couple hours to set up. He was also telling me I had to sign the contract right away. He did not get my credit card number. He must have gotten it from ** from the first bid. I have had the car for sale on AutoTrader and Craigslist, a guy showed up to look at the car just as I signed the contract. The guy bought the car within 45 minutes from sending the signed paperwork.

I then sent several cancellation emails and called ** and spoke to your manager. He tells me I can't get my deposit back, not even two hours later. He tells me he already sent $400 to a truck driver. ** already had told me I would be responsible to pay the pickup driver cash of $800. I told him he told me it would take him some time to set this up and I would have to call my credit card company. He tells me, "Go ahead." American Auto Transport 4301 S. Flamingo Rd., #106-122 Davie FL 33330 is trying to rip me off for $400.

Not sure about American Auto Transport?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Auto Transporters for you.

American Auto Transport Company Information

autotransportaat.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business