America Auto Care

America Auto Care Miscellaneous Reviews

4.3/5 (470 ratings)

About America Auto Care

America Auto Care provides vehicle service contracts, also known as extended auto warranties. It offers four types of contracts ranging from basic to exclusionary coverage. Some of its policies are transferable, which helps if you decide to sell your vehicle before its coverage expires. These policies may even raise resale values.

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Plan
Protect My Car

Protect My Car

View Plan

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I like America Auto Care and compared to others, they are cheaper for what they cover. My interaction with their reps was very good, too.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I had America Auto Care when I first got my car and they told me that they work with Chevrolet. So, if I ever had any problems, I can use them because they work with Chevrolet. So, I just went on ahead and signed with them. I liked what they offered and it was the best. I had a really good sales representative as well. He told me if I ever needed anything, that I could call him and be able to use the number he gave me to call him. So far, right now, I’m satisfied with my experience with America Auto Care.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I listened to how much America Auto Care was. I also talked to more people and found America Auto Care's was the best one. The rep I talked to was good. He explained the stuff and broke it down. I would recommend America Auto Care.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I was looking for an extended warranty to cover whatever I needed to have fixed with the car if it got messed up. I looked at three different companies and America Auto Care's price made me choose them. They were thorough about what they were explaining about.

Original review: June 5, 2019

We just bought our car not too long ago and purchasing the exclusionary add-on MC from America Auto Care for it was an okay experience. Somebody called me on the phone and she was really helpful.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I'm the second owner of my Hyundai car which is supposed to have ten years or 100,000 miles factory warranty. I didn’t know that the rest of the warranty is not transferred over to me so instead of me having ten years and this is only in 2013, I only had about a year and a half on it. I was pissed when I found out because I had a thing needed to be replaced.

I needed an extended warranty because these things are too expensive to pay for out of pocket. The car is turbocharged so I wanted something that was gonna cover my engine if something went wrong and everything that the normal factory would cover. I did a Google search and ended up calling and getting quotes from about three different people and after looking at their numbers, America Auto Care was pretty much the cheapest at the time. The warranty covers the suspension to the ball joints except for the brakes which is normal wear and tear. They also told me that if I would have paid this whole thing off in three years instead of for the whole five years continuous, I won't have to pay anything for a remaining couple of years on it.

When I called about the situation with my coil pack going out, the guy was very pleasant and took his time with me. I appreciated that. He looked the information up from my phone number and other stuff that I gave him and didn’t give me any issues. He told me exactly what to do and he was more than helpful. Since I didn’t have my card with me, I pulled my information up online with my number. I showed the young lady at the desk my number from America Auto Care and they took care of everything on their own. Everybody has been pleasant and has taken the time to explain everything when I call in. They didn’t give anybody a hassle when I dropped the car off the next day and had to give them the information.

The only thing I didn’t understand was that they couldn’t replace all of the coil packs and just cover it instead of me having to go back and pay a $100 deductible every time the next two go. Hyundai warranty replaces all of that at one time although they wouldn’t cover it. Other than that, everything else is lovely and excellent experience. I don’t wanna have something go wrong but when it does, I know it’s not gonna be a hassle to get it fixed.

Original review: May 28, 2019

My car was out of its warranty and it's an older car. I purchased an extended warranty from America Auto Care, and my experience seemed to go very well. They were pleasant.

Original review: May 27, 2019

We're running out of warranty so I wanted an extended warranty and the guy from America Auto Care gave me a good price. Also, the reps answered all my questions.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I had a regular warranty up to 36,000 miles so I needed to get something extended. I looked at about five companies and everybody pretty much offered the same thing. America Auto Care contacted me first. The policy they had was a supplement to the warranty that I got from the dealership Nissan. Everything they offered sounded good to me. The rep was spot on with everything single question I had. There was no delay and he knew exactly what he was talking about.

Original review: May 13, 2019

America Auto was kinda expensive and I found one that was a little cheaper than them but I just needed an auto protection warranty. The America Auto rep was good and sold the warranty to me. He said I only have a $100-deductible and he said I'd get the rental car if anything happens to the car. I really liked that.

Original review: April 19, 2019

It hasn't been long that I've had the America Auto Care warranty. It has been about four months and it's in effect now. I had some problem before but it wasn’t time for my policy to take effect then. But as long as it does what I’ve been told, it’s gonna be great. They’ve also always been real pleasant, helpful and nice any time that I’ve had any reason to speak to them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I bought a 2015 Chevy and the dealer sold me the extended warranty. I thought it was expensive and my friend started telling me that I can find my insurance somewhere else. I checked out Facebook and searched America Auto Care, and I called them. The rep was really nice. He talked to me and everything was really straight and good. I got the most expensive in the car covered, the transmission motor, although I would like to have something better in the future just in case I use it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I had gotten screwed by an extended warranty company and was looking for somebody to replace them. Everything was good with the process of working with America Auto Care. Plus, everything was nice working with their representatives.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The America Auto Care rep that I dealt with explained pretty good what was covered and how much I was gonna pay monthly. It seemed like a good deal.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I was looking to cover the most expensive parts of the engine and transmission after the 36,000 miles because I had had problems with my previous truck. I had very specific interactions with the representatives at America Auto Care. They told me what we needed to do and helped me get it paid through my American Express. It took about 20 minutes to get enrolled mostly because it was a problem on my side.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I wanted something to cover all the main things in my car that are so expensive like electrical, powertrain and the air conditioning system. There were several different companies that called me but America Auto Care was what I liked. Their salesperson took the time. He wasn't just talking like a salesman, he was more personable and talked about what it covered, what something like that cost and what the out-of-pocket expenses were. He went into detail.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

America Auto Care's reps were very excellent and informative. Everything they told me was exactly how it was once I got the printout of everything. The plan covers a lot and I like it. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I looked at three companies and decided on America Auto Care. They covered a lot of components of the automobile. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for but my other warranty was almost stopped, so I wanted to get an extension. They had a high-pressure salesperson. Also, I wasn't happy about two things. One was they did not include the battery in the hybrid and other was that there was a deductible. About two months after getting America Auto Care, I was informed of another company that was a little bit lower in price, had zero deductible and included the battery for my hybrid car. I sort of regret going with America Auto Care. People should go and find out estimates from not only online but also ask auto dealers what they know about extended warranties.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have an older vehicle, and you never know what happens when you buy something used. I went online and America Auto Care contacted me. The salesman assured me that I wasn’t obligated to keep them if it wasn’t something that I thought was gonna work for me. I would definitely recommend them. So far, they have been good.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I was looking for something to extend my warranty and America Auto Care was the first one I found. I found them on the internet and everything was good in the initial consultation. I got the 100,000 miles powertrain warranty.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My auto warranty was fixing to run out and I needed one to help cover my new vehicle. America Auto Care was the first one to call and the rep was nice and helpful. My needs were attended to. I’d recommend somebody to give them a call. I’m sure they can help out.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The warranty on my car ran out. I then decided to get an extended warranty. I went through three warranty providers and I went with America Auto Care. It was good with their reps, if it hadn't been, I wouldn't have got it.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Called and tricked my elderly grandmother. Told her her car INSURANCE warranty was had lapsed. She assumed her car insurance went dead. She gave them her debit card info. They took 200.00 out of her bank. When I called to cancel it they were trying to bully me into not canceling, being rude, calling me a liar and refused to cancel the 10 thousand dollar policy. The car is not even worth 10 grand?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I don't want to pay much money to get things fixed on my vehicle. When I was needing to renew my car warranty, America Auto Care gave me an option that I felt was the best for me at the moment. It was within my budget, it would reduce the fee that would have to come out of my pocket to pay for things, and I'd get three oil changes for 55 with that option. I would recommend America Auto Care. They work with you when you don’t have it at the time as they give grace periods. They’re also very decent and it's been great dealing with the representative.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

America Auto Care was more affordable than their competitors when I was looking for a typical warranty to cover my vehicle. They have helpful representatives and I got what I needed to be done. I’m still within my first 30 days and so far, everything is good.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I was doing research on the internet and someone contacted me from America Auto Care. Before that, I called CarShield and I had some issues with them from the get-go. But with America AutoCare, things worked out. I like the extended warranty that came with the car for extra security in case major things happen as the vehicle gets older. My daughter drives the car and she's a college student. She works full time as well. So, we need some kind of reliability for peace of mind when she's driving. America Auto Care's reps were willing to work with us price-wise. They also went over everything and they threw in a couple of items like some oil changes and wiper blades with the package. So, we went with them.

Last week, I was calling to find out about the extra items that I was speaking of that they said would be included with the Auto Care package that we purchased and they gave me the answers about that. That was a good thing because sometimes when you call a number, you can't get through or you get a recording. They also called me back when they said they were going to and that was helpful. And with the quality of assurance that they gave me, I felt reassured.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I was looking for an auto warranty covering the major parts of the car because I'm on a fixed income and if my car was to have a breakdown, I couldn’t afford to get it fixed. I can only handle tires, windshield, wipers, and stuff. Their reps explained everything good and answered all of our questions. I'm thinking of changing car and putting the warranty on my other car.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I was looking for a car warranty that would cover most of my car. I was on the phone with America Auto Care's salesperson for a considerable amount of time and he was able to answer all my questions so I decided to go with them.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My car isn’t that old but I do a lot of travelling so I got a warranty just in case. I got America Auto Care and the rep was good. He was polite and explained everything.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

America Auto Care called me and I took their extended warranty plan. They explained the policy to me and they assisted me greatly.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.