America Auto Care

America Auto Care Coverage Reviews

4.3/5 (470 ratings)

About America Auto Care

America Auto Care provides vehicle service contracts, also known as extended auto warranties. It offers four types of contracts ranging from basic to exclusionary coverage. Some of its policies are transferable, which helps if you decide to sell your vehicle before its coverage expires. These policies may even raise resale values.

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Plan
Protect My Car

Protect My Car

View Plan

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I was looking for an extended coverage plan that if I needed repairs done, I could get them. America Auto Care’s reps were nice and they seemed like they understood my situation that I was retired and on a fixed income, and they gave me a good deal on it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

America Auto Care called me 'cause my payment that was on AutoPay didn't go through. My life was hacked, and I had to close down all my accounts. At the time, I didn't even know I had their warranty on my 2011 BMW. I was really surprised when I found out about it but their reps sent a booklet to tell me what kind of coverage I had.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

My experience with America Auto Care has been pretty good so far. After looking at three other companies, I liked that America Auto Care was giving me exactly what I wanted for warranty and they were much cheaper. I got bumper-to-bumper coverage, anything to do with the engine, the crankshaft and front axles. Their reps were good about explaining things, and pretty clear too.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I purchased this policy back in April of 2018. During the summer of 2018 I took my car to a reputable air conditioning shop to have the air conditioner looked at and, at that time they said it was the cabin air evaporator sensor that was bad and the repairs would be $750 to remove the dash and replace the sensor in the dash. The dealership called America Auto Care and they said the part was not covered even though I have the AC coverage therefore it cost me $750 to make the repair myself also, in this agreement I purchase the powertrain enhanced mechanics coverage which allowed me to have three oil changes and a battery replaced free and brakes replaced up to a certain amount in the first year. I sent in receipts for three oil changes to be refunded to me and it has now been several months and I have not heard anything back from them.

I contacted their customer service department and they said they never received anything and now that it's more than a year since I purchased this policy the free repairs are no longer covered,, go figure,, but yet I got proof that I faxed a copy to them. Yes they have a wonderful group of people that work there and will talk to you great on the phone but when it comes to using their service I have of yet been refunded any of the money I have put out, therefore, I my be making a decision of going through a different company, and I only gave them 1 star because of these problems with them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

The reps of America Auto Care did fine. I liked their price and how they would extend my miles and years. I got bumper-to-bumper coverage from them.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

In case my car's transmission and engine go bad, I want to make sure those are covered. American Auto Care's reps were professionals and I got motor, transmission and electrical coverage from them. Other people should go for their warranty.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

America Auto Care was gonna extend my factory warranty for an exorbitant amount of money. Their sales reps were very pushy. I was rushed into making decisions. I was hounded and was very dissatisfied. They were supposed to extend my warranty out to like 150,000 miles from the original coverage, which gives me like 25,000 miles. My vehicle’s only got 70,000 on it.

Things weren’t really explained to me all that great. They kept calling my vehicle a 2017 Impala. They were supposed to correct it four or five different times in the computer, but it never got corrected. Every time I got called, it was a telemarketer I finally got fed up with because I'm a truck driver and at the most inconvenient times I would get three to five telemarketer calls or robocalls a day. I haven't received the policy in the mail explaining anything, and I needed a rundown because supposedly, I've got two extended warranties and I don't know if they're from the same company or if they're two different companies. I need to know so I can plan for stuff. And I need to have it in writing what is covered and what's not covered.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I was looking for an auto coverage plan to have something to cover my car if something goes wrong with it. There were about 50 different companies that called me. But I obtained the maximum auto coverage with America Auto Care. It gives you a four-year coverage, and it covers everything. The reps at America Auto Care were friendly.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I was looking for a decent auto coverage and I went online and looked America Auto Care up. I got full coverage from them. It's $100 deductible and covers everything on the car. The representative at America Auto Care was professional, funny, polite, and very helpful. I've already recommended America Auto Care.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I wanted to have my truck covered. I looked at three auto coverage companies but I went with America Auto Care. It was a complete coverage, and I got a bumper-to-bumper coverage. I talked to somebody there and it was a good experience.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I needed something to cover my truck. It's still new, but I drive a lot of miles. It's a 2015 and it already had 130,000 miles on it, so I needed something just in case something happened. I had went with CarShield, and then I had lost my job, so I had to cancel with them. And then, the company that I lost my job with decided they shouldn't let me go, so they hired me back, so I had to find another warranty provider. And America Auto Care called me and I talked to the guy and signed up. I got the Platinum coverage.

I had good interaction with the sales rep from America Auto Care. I had talked to several people before, and with this guy, it was different. All the people I've talked to before were pushy. I don't respond well to being pushed. But he talked differently, and his demeanor was completely different from what I dealt with in the past. Most of the time, I just hang up. But with this guy, for some reason, I didn't hang up with him. I kept listening to what he had to say. I would recommend America Auto Care to friends. So far, my experience has been great.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I was looking for full coverage and I looked at five auto coverage companies. America Auto Care's down payment was reasonable and they would cover the car from front to back for four years. I applied over the phone, and I had great interactions with their rep. My experience was fine.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Someone told me about America Auto Care and the experience with them was great. I've had them for about 2 months and I pay 200 something per month for my policy. They could be more detailed about the coverage. It’s a lot to process. They could keep it plain and simple. They said something about the power train but I need some details about what it would cover. I wasn’t too familiar about all the coverage that I would be able to get.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I wanted to make sure that my car was covered and that it has whole coverage except for the maintenance that I need to do. America Auto Care called me and I had one other company that I inquired with. America Auto Care was cheaper and more consistent so I decided on them. The rep was wonderful. America Auto Care seems to be a great coverage.

Original review: June 9, 2019

With my previous experiences, I never dealt directly with the company. I always dealt just with the dealer or who was doing my vehicle and they handled everything. On this last effort to get a compressor changed on my wife's car, all of a sudden now, she's directly involved with the insurance company and the dealer. Nobody was talking to each other and she's in the middle and that's not what I'm paying for.

I thought our coverage, where the repair shop would deal directly with America Auto Care. From dealings in the past, I know the company always try to get at least the expensive part if possible but it didn't work out this way. My wife went without a car for a week and a half while the part was shipped. And then, it got lost so she lost more days. One week later, that part blew out. Back to Volkswagen again. The day we went to pick the car up, they hit us with another $100 deductible so we paid $100 deductible twice for the same part. My wife's got some family problems going on and we should've been able to loan a car but that didn't happen either.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I bought an extended warranty the "powertrain enhanced MC". I had just paid for extensive repairs when I got the sales pitch that all my repairs "would have been covered had I had their insurance". My A/C, Brakes, Drive Axles... the list goes on. Needless to say, when I call to get a repair paid, all I get is that it's not covered. If you had this problem, it would be covered, but not your problem. Several times I tried to use the insurance, to no avail. I recently asked for a refund if I could not get my repairs covered. I have been promised for almost a week that they will work to get me better coverage. Yesterday I was promised my new policy and insurance card would be emailed to me by 6pm today. Clearly I would not be writing this review if they had kept their promise. Next time I will have a mechanic look over the policy before I sign so I don't get scammed again.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I was talking to a guy who called me for insurance on my car and he was asking me about my car. I have a Cadillac. I told him what I had and he said I'd wanna get this right. I only have a driveshaft and engine warranty with it. I had nothing to cover my computer system. I needed that so I contacted America Auto Care to get full coverage on my car so that if something happens, I can get it fixed. The rep was cool because he taught me some things I didn't know. But with the warranty, I have to wait 1,000 miles or a month. But hopefully, nothing happens to my car.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have a vehicle and it’s gonna be out of warranty. My truck runs out at 36,000. I had about 28,000 or 30,000 miles on it, so I was looking for something to extend that to at least 100,000 miles and a bumper-to-bumper coverage because we all know how expensive it can be if a computer or a sensor goes out. I looked into getting an extended warranty and I kept seeing the ads for CarShield. But I hit CarShield and I got a couple of reviews that didn’t sound overly great. Then, I got directed by the computer to these other companies and I ended up dealing with America Auto Care up in Jacksonville. I talked with their guy and he seemed very knowledgeable. He did some figures, fudged around, and called me back. He said they could get up to 107 which was good. I also mentioned my son getting rid of the truck who's in the Navy and they gave me a discount, which attracted me to it. It took off about $400 to $600.

However, there were quite a few things on the agreement, although it was bumper to bumper, that I didn’t think should be excluded. Plus, the fact that I was not really going to need the pick-up truck anymore and I was gonna trade the vehicle, I thought that I was just gonna go ahead and cancel this. Even if I’d have kept it a month or two, I can get the remaining unused value and it was 30 days before it went into effect anyway. I called and said I wanted to cancel. They said they were fine and they sent me this form I had to print out, so I did it perfectly and went through the process and sent it in. I thought that would be the end of it. I sent the form in and called them and told them I sent the form in.

Then we got billed again. I didn’t get a refund on the 107 that I paid and then it was 120 bucks a month. It was taken out of the credit card. That kinda pissed me off. My wife called and they said they didn’t receive anything. So, I don’t know if they received it or if they're doing a little funny business. They said they would cancel and it would take 48 hours. They would call me on Tuesday to verify.

Original review: May 31, 2019

My car manufacturer warranty just went out. I was wanting to cover bumper-to-bumper with the exception of the normal wear and tear. I looked into two companies and America Auto Care assured me that I'd get the coverage that I wanted at a reasonable price so I bought the bumper-to-bumper and everything involved with it like electrical and pumps. The representative was very good, knowledgeable and worked with me and got what I wanted. I hope I never have to use it but we’ll see what happens if I have to.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I was looking for an auto coverage plan so that if anything comes up, I’m covered. I’m on fixed income and I can’t afford to lose my car to repairs. I got full coverage from America Auto Care. Their reps were sweethearts! They were wonderful, very knowledgeable and very courteous. They recommended something for me. Being a senior and on fixed income, they helped me out a lot on that. I’ve recommended America Auto Care to a lot of people.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I was specifically looking for an auto coverage plan that would take care of the maintenance and anything else that might go wrong. I looked at about three auto coverage companies and America Auto Care explained exactly what they covered and exactly what the price would be. They didn’t kind of fool around with it. They were straightforward and they have a long history. The reps were very polite and very professional too. They were more reassuring and comforting. I’d dealt with another company and I had some much problems with them that I dropped them. I'm hoping that America Auto Care will show me that they’ll care of all this when I need to get it. I'd recommend them.

Original review: May 11, 2019

So far, I'm very happy with everything. I had read some reviews and I decided to take a chance. I required that someone call me and someone did. And the deal with America Auto Care was done properly. I did it over the phone and the guy was very good in explaining every single thing. I was excited signing up. It was awesome. I’m just confused about the charging, if they would send me a book to pay or if it's on autopay. But otherwise, my experience was good. The van is also running real well. It is still only a year old. It's kinda new, with 50,000 miles. The coverage is kinda bumper-to-bumper, but no tires, and it is is just for precaution. I just wanna make sure everything is running okay.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I was looking for an extended warranty and investigated a few auto coverage companies. I found America Auto Care online and when they popped up, I put in my information and they called and gave me a quote. They were very helpful about it. Also, they had better mileage and better customer service. They made sure I understood everything. I had the 100,000 miles for five years. I got the powertrain enhanced and the rep said it covers everything that needs to be covered. I was gonna be paying at the dealership almost the same amount and they were gonna warranty my motor and my transmission for 2,700. And when I got them, it was an extra $200 or $300 and I got three free oil changes with it and flush. They were really awesome about taking care of me.

Original review: May 4, 2019

My warranty expired and before, I've only had the one you normally got the car from at factories. So this one with America Auto Care is amazing. I got a full coverage from front to back, bumper-to-bumper. It's a product that I can stand by and their customer service was amazing. The personnel that I spoke with was straightforward and to the point. He answered all my questions and there was nothing hidden. It was upfront with everything and that’s what I appreciate. He listened as well. I told him what I wanted and he responded back. Then we went on and made a deal. They're cool.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I was looking for an extended warranty and checked out four companies. With repairs being so expensive, having the warranty would be very valuable. America Auto Care had more coverage for about same the price or less. My interactions with their rep were good. Plus, their professionalism and knowledge were very good. I like the package that I got, but I haven't received my hard copy or email confirmation that tells me exactly what my coverage is. I'd tell anyone how asks about America Auto Care that they seem like a great company and the coverage is good, but it could be a scam too.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I started looking for an auto coverage company when the company that I had charged me three times more on renewal. A guy from Omega called me and their full coverage was exactly what I wanted. He was nice and thorough, and he gave me everything I asked for. I said the price was too much, so he gave me a discount.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I googled aftermarket warranty for vehicles and looked at five companies. I was looking for coverage and price in the auto coverage plan and I liked the way the rep from America Auto Care explained their warranty inclusion. I also read all the reviews and most of the reviews for them were good as far as the customer not being hassled when trying to get stuff fixed because everything is pretty much covered. The salesman who sold the product to me was good and any time that I call customer service, the reps are great. I’ve told a few guys that America Auto Care is better if they’re looking at the price and all the reviews of this company are good.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I wanted extra coverage in case something goes wrong with the engine. The America Auto Care agent that I spoke to was very well-thought out. She offered me a lot of extra things to come on-board and she explained it very well.

Original review: April 21, 2019

What I was specifically looking for in an auto coverage plan was not having to spend money right away. America Auto Care's ad was the first one that I saw online and they looked very good and had good deals, so I went with them in getting another warranty on my car. The representatives always call to notify me and they always help me out.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I needed an auto coverage plan so I would have a warranty if my car broke. I didn’t wanna be in a position where I wouldn’t be able to get the proper care that I needed for my vehicle. I got a follow-up call from America Auto Care and that was how I got a chance to know about the company. I investigated four warranty providers, then I went with America Auto Care since they gave a little bit more when it came to offers. The reps were very helpful with the information that they gave in the conversations that I had with them. They were detailed about what they had to offer, so that was pretty good. They were consistent and able to answer any questions that I had. I’m covered for 75,000 miles for anything that goes wrong with the fuel transmission, gas pump, engine, and a couple of other things. Roadside assistance is also provided.

When I filed a claim two days ago, it was horrible. I needed roadside assistance because I had a flat tire. I was not waiting for a tow and only hoping that a truck could come that would provide air that I could put in my tires, so it was nothing major. When I first signed up, I got a welcome book with a card on it inside and the ID number was there. America Auto Care also has two separate numbers on the card. One is for the customer service and one is for the roadside assistance. But when I called the number for roadside assistance, they were unable to get to my account because I didn't have the number that they were looking for. They were looking for another type of number, so what I had on the card was not enough.

I called customer service and asked for the number and they gave me the number. Then I called roadside assistance back and they tried to look up my account again, but it didn't work. I had to call customer service back and they gave me another number. But when I called roadside assistance again, they still couldn't find my account. Customer service said that they were gonna email roadside assistance and get everything under control. Finally, someone called yesterday and said that they would send a truck out. I tried to call them back and tell them not to send one, but no one ever came anyway. I need to have my car taken in for repair now, so I’m going to make a claim and I’m gonna see if they can get this done. I really hope that they can get everything situated because I’m getting deducted once a month. If I can’t get any service in, I need to sign up with another company that can better assist me.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.