America Auto Care

America Auto Care Cost Reviews

4.3/5 (470 ratings)

About America Auto Care

America Auto Care provides vehicle service contracts, also known as extended auto warranties. It offers four types of contracts ranging from basic to exclusionary coverage. Some of its policies are transferable, which helps if you decide to sell your vehicle before its coverage expires. These policies may even raise resale values.

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Plan
Protect My Car

Protect My Car

View Plan

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: July 1, 2020

I have gotten a runaround on a refund I have been owed since October 2019. There have been multiple excuses of requirements that needed to be fulfilled and then once satisfied I am told that the rep needs to speak with a supervisor and I will be called back. When I call back, I get the same thing and my calls are not returned and most importantly, I still haven't received my funds. I am very disappointed as I actually thought this company had great policies, but after this very disrespectful experience I would not consider returning. I am a single mom with four kids in college. Every penny counts.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I was looking to get a warranty on a vehicle, and America Auto Care's rates were a little better. The only disappointment that I had was that I had a problem with my vehicle and I had bumper-to-bumper to cover it, and they didn’t cover it. They just covered the repair. When I got an oil change, they told me that I may want to take it to the dealer for a check-up ‘cause I have a leak. I had to schedule the appointment and the only opening that they had was a week later. So, I drove my car a week later when I took it to the appointment. They had to put a dye in it to find out where the leak was coming from, and they rescheduled me for the following week.

When I took it back, they said that I had driven the vehicle with the leak and they didn’t cover it. I drove it back and forth to work, but it didn’t damage my vehicle. I didn’t understand why they didn’t cover that, and it cost me $2,700. When I went to the dealer, they told me to drive it so that I could come back and they could see where it was at. So, I was just following instructions. They ended up denying it because they said that when I found out from where I got my oil change that I had a leak, I should’ve had it towed to the dealer right away. If that was a serious problem, the dealer wouldn’t have told me that they gotta put the dye in it, drive it and then bring it back because this is where the leak was coming from. I'm still paying for America Auto Care and I'm really dissatisfied with them.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

America Auto Care took my money but we couldn’t get anything done. My son's car was having issues and we called several places but we were told that some things would be covered, like certain parts but not labor. My son really needed the car fixed so I took it in. I’m a single mom and was literally living on child support, so it was a really hard decision. I was under the assumption that everything was covered through the warranty. That’s what I was told. And so, I just cancelled it because I can’t pay for it and then pay on top of it.

When I tried to cancel the warranty over the phone, they said I had to write in to cancel. But they wouldn’t give me an address. They told me to look in the book but there were two different addresses. I asked which one should I send to but the rep didn't know. It was awful. I also said that I wanted a refund, and then they said that I would have to write a different letter and explain why. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I’ve signed up with America Auto Care and everything went fine. We’re paying at so much amount for the next couple of years, and it covers us for the next four years or the next 80,000 miles.

Original review: June 2, 2019

The representative was very knowledgeable. However, when he sold me America Auto Care, I didn't quite understand. He said I had a $1,000 deductible and I had the right to cancel with them at any time within 60 days, which I did, less than 30 days. It was also kind of a high pressure thing. I've got a van that's three years old in July and the warranty's up, and I was looking for something at the time and just decided not to do it. I would have to check my credit card to see if they have taken another payment out because it's been a month.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Three times, never paid for services from my dealer, bought a new car and canceled product, never received my refund. Can't get them to answer phone. Scam, fraud. The worst company ever dealt with. Run, don't buy from them.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I recently had a incident where I thought that America Auto Care would cover it but come to find out, they didn’t. So, I ended up having to pay out of pocket for it myself. What’s the point of me having a warranty if I’m just paying America Auto Care for no reason? But they have great customer service. The problem that I had was the wiring in the truck went bad. Chevrolet tried to charge me $320 to do that and America Auto Care told me not to go there. They helped me find another way to save money versus paying Chevrolet that amount of money plus the diagnostic fee. So I went to a mom-and-pop shop and got it fixed for $100. I’m still with America Auto Care and I’m giving them benefit of the doubt. I feel that if something major was to happen, they’ll have my back. They are nice people and they're worth giving a shot.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Look. I am the only one working in my house and I am sick with lots of medical bills. I told them that I had to think about buying the warranty, but like others they said if I hung up now I would not be able to call back to and buy this warranty. I felt pushed. Now after I give them my information and card number I was assured by them if I wanted to cancel I could. After checking my financial status I called back to cancel and away we go. One rep after other kept talking to me, saying they were helping me but all I wanted was to cancel.

They kept giving me lower monthly prices. No one wanted to help me cancel. So I said I am going to my bank the next day and talk to someone about stopping payments. See no matter how low they quote the monthly payments, I can’t afford it. Now after reading this one lady experience I am going to call them again before going to the bank and demand my paperwork for cancellation, because I still have a few days before my thirty 30 days is up. Thank you Joya.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We were online looking for different auto warranty companies. It was stated that American Auto Care is GMC certified so we started looking into it. Purchasing from America Auto Care was easy. The rep was good and she explained everything to us. We asked her if we could do monthly payments because that was quite a chunk of money, and she said yes. That worked out really well. They go in auto pay, so they automatically take the payment that we’re paying. We would definitely tell others about America Auto Care. In fact, we’ve told our son about it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I learned about America Auto Care through a friend and I like their package. I've had them for 5 months now and I like it so far. I have a claim that I’m trying to get taken care of and I gas up with the wrong mouse down so I haven’t got denied anything but I’m behind because of credit information. The synchro on a transmission was unsynchronized and they told me that I have to update my mileage, so the mechanic is gonna take a picture and send it to them. While the claim is suspended, the representatives were professional. Overall, go with America Auto Care.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I bought a used car and I was looking around to insure it in some way. I went to a website, put in some information, and started getting a huge number of calls. A few of those calls were from America Auto Care and they were offering some things that I kinda wanted. The rep was a professional person and he spoke well. He addressed the company in a way that a person who wasn't a skeptic would probably have fallen in love and moved on. However, he didn't differ from everybody else as far as some of the tactics that were used. He told me that the clock was running down and I needed to make a decision right there and then. He also said that there were only a few companies out there that offered what they had and if I didn't take the offer he was giving me at the time, I was gonna get a higher rate if I called back later. That annoyed me a bit and I told him that I don't respond well to that.

When we talked, the emphasis was placed on the sale and he didn't tell me how to submit a claim with them. He kept offering different policies while I was on the phone with him and said that if I didn't take the offer that he was giving, it was all right. But if I decided later on that I wanted to do something, the next person or company that I would speak with would want me to take my vehicle somewhere to have it inspected prior to offering me anything because it would look like the car must be in mechanical failure. He made it seem as though I would create a scenario with someone who would wanna inspect my vehicle before they would insure it.

Then the offer dwindled down to the policy that I have with them now. The packages kept changing and they kept lowering in price. Initially, the rep was saying that there was an initial payment of $300 and some dollar. From there, it became around $116 a month and that particular policy was just bumper to bumper where I could drop the vehicle off then they would do whatever and even provide me with a rental car. I told him that I didn't know if I wanted to drop $300 with them that day and that I had no idea what they actually covered. From there, we dropped all the way down to a policy where there was a $100 down, around $91 a month, and 45% of the repair.

I've been with America Auto Care for several months now and I'm looking at going to a different company. I ended up with a policy that I'm being told as somewhat a substandard-type policy where for what I pay monthly, they will pay less than half if there was some type of mechanical failure that they needed to pay for.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I needed a warranty for my car and America Auto Care offered me one. I signed up with them and my interactions with the customer service reps were okay, although I almost didn't like them because whoever took the notes on the computer almost made my deposit be taken. They put in the wrong billing information for my car. The rep called me the next day and I corrected my billing and I got an email address. Then, somebody called me and told me that my payment was not paying them. I had to give her my confirmation number, but she never noted in the computer that the billing information was wrong, so I'm sure that they'll be calling me next month and will be telling me my payment is late.

The payment is automatically taken out of my bank account and the rep put in the zip code that I live in to get the billing and it got rejected. The zip code was wrong, so as soon as she called me, I told her to do what I would tell her to do and they will get the payment. I'm gonna sit back and wait for next month to see if she corrected it or not. When another rep called, I told him also to make a note that my billing address is one address and not where I live at.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

When I purchased my Chrysler, initially, I took out an extended warranty through Mepco and they were charging too much. I was paying 100 bucks a month for 46 months. America Auto kept calling me and I kept blowing them off, but when I took the time to look at them, they sold me on their product because it's a lot cheaper. It's only $17.50 for 18 months. The reps were also very professional and detailed. My car is high in mileage, so in case the transmission or the engine goes out, I don’t want to spend that large amount of money to fix them. I have experience with extended warranty companies and I used my extended warranty on my other vehicle before, so it's a good thing to have for me.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

My husband did an inquiry online and then we ended up getting a phone call from America Auto Care. We were looking for an extended warranty past the 36,000 miles that would offer basic repairs to the car and electrical. We were able to talk about the price and deals because we were kind of at a loss. The reps I dealt with on the purchasing was good. I prepaid the payment plan, and that made it a lot more affordable. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought a used truck and I started getting emails for warranties from different companies. I didn’t like the attitude of one of the companies that called in. They couldn’t answer any of my questions and they were just rude. Another company asked me a bunch of questions and told me that they'd get me this and that discount. Then sure enough, it was almost 180 bucks a month. That's too much for me.

I got a phone call from Dylan who is a representative from Florida. He seemed like he was a cool cat. He was easy to talk to and he answered all the questions that I needed. I told him all my information, and he gave me a quote. It was the best quote I’d gotten so far so I went ahead and did it, especially with the mileage that he was giving me. I got America Auto Care's 5-year, 125,000-mile plan. I was told my 125,000-mile plan is bumper to bumper. But I need to clarify. If it’s bumper to bumper, that means it’s including the radio and the inside stuff. I worked in the automotive business and the way I am, if you tell me bumper to bumper, that’s front to back, inside, everything.

There was one thing Dylan didn't mention me though. I don’t do automated payment plans on anything because I’ve been screwed over before. The last payment I called in was the first time someone told me they were charging $2 just to deal with you on the phone. I was like, “Wow. Really?" No one explained that to me from the get-go. I was told that I can make my payment over the phone but tell me that I’m gonna be charged upfront so at least I know what I need to do. I was really perturbed about that because if I don’t know that stuff, then I shouldn’t be charged because no one told me upfront. I didn’t pay attention to the first payment and they also didn’t mention that to me when I made the payment. So my payments are $153 a month and I’m getting charged $155. But overall the experience has been good.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I bought a truck from a dealership and I got to know America Auto Care from them. I used the warranty and there was no problem paying. So, America Auto Care was great.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I was looking for something that would cover my entire car and that was cheaper than what I had. I checked out two other companies, but America Auto Care was cheaper. The rep told me what he could offer me and what the price was then that was it. I've got the drivetrain protection, a 100,000 miles plus and etc. I also have a payment plan and it was easy to set up.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The warranty was gone on my five-year old car and I would have normally bought a new car by now but I don’t have the money anymore. America Auto Care was the first one that called me for the extended auto warranty and they explained everything. They were low and it came way down because I’m single and elderly. I really can’t afford it, but I don’t wanna get stuck with a big deal if the air conditioning goes out or if something major happens to the car ‘cause I’m gonna probably have it for another five years. After the initial call, no one ever called me or have a follow-up and I did not get the complete listing of what’s covered, what’s not covered and how much it costs. I was talked into it and they’re taking payments out of my checking account. I’m stuck for 18 months with it.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I don't like America Auto Care. I'm canceling my policy and they can refund me back my money or I'm gonna have my lawyer speak with them or take my lawyer to their office, however it goes. They're not honoring my warranty. They took money out of my account for this warranty. My truck was in the Cadillac shop for almost two weeks and then on top of that I had to pay $400 out of my pocket to take my truck out of there and my truck wasn't even serviced. They didn't do anything. They came, looked at it and said, "We're not responsible for your air suspension." They lie to you when you first get the warranty. They told me they cover electrical, they cover brakes rotor, air suspension, air shocks, but when my truck got to Cadillac they don't cover any of that. I'm getting rid of this truck today anyhow, so I ain't going to need them.

Original review: April 27, 2018

America Auto Care sent me a notice in the mail. I also received a phone call from the person that sold me the insurance and they were all good people to me. I’m paying for the four-year warranty on the truck. I’d recommend America Auto Care.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I had CarShield, which I never used. I called them to drop it and I was gonna trade my vehicle for a new one. I was paying roughly $150 a month and I knew nothing about that $12,000 vehicle. I can trade it for a new one with a new warranty and have the same amount of payment. I had a heater core and it wasn’t heating well, and that was where CarShield upset me. They said that I should have read the fine print better and that they did not cover that. That was fine and I told them that I will just pay for it, but I did not like being told that. So, I just took it out to the Chrysler dealer where I bought it and they put a new heater core in it.

Then after I dropped CarShield, I got bombarded with emails from auto car companies. I read them and I made the decision to keep the vehicle then get America Auto Care. It made it feel like my vehicle was more covered. When I’m out traveling, I don’t want to be stranded and to ruin the trip for the family. I read that they provide a vehicle or a rental vehicle while you are continuing on traveling, and that was what caught my eye because it actually costs more than what CarShield costs. I have American Auto Care for $159.05.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I asked my husband if he thought I should get an extended warranty for my car, and he said that it wouldn’t hurt. We had a massive amount of calls, wherein my home phone rang off the hook from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. America Auto Care was the first one I talked to. I called my husband and told him the price and he said that for what America Auto Care was covering, it sounded like a good deal so I went with them. They gave me the quote over the phone then we called with my credit card that they were gonna charge every month. They were very pleasant and informative.

My car normally stays in the garage and I only drive it on weekends. I wanted to have an extended warranty because my car is a 2008 but it’s a limited edition. There are only 500 of them in the world. My husband said that it only had 27,000 miles on it but at some point, due to the age of it, I'm gonna end up having to have some work done and it’s probably gonna be expensive. A warranty would be the best thing for me. I got the platinum plan for my car. Overall, they were exceptionally professional and super friendly at America Auto Care.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I contacted a number of auto warranty companies and told them that I wanted to see some literature to evaluate. I don’t do anything over the phone. America Auto Care was one of the only ones that sent me a chance to look at theirs. Also, most other places wanted an instant credit card so I declined to discuss anything with them.

I got the warranty period to cover all the basic components that aren’t covered by normal maintenance. Their representatives have been mostly responsive but there were a couple of times when they were a little bit asinine. I had to repair something related to the compressor and the oil pump and then they wanted me to pay for the oil. And I asked them how they were going to check the pump if they don’t include the oil. It was a really silly argument but other than that, it's been generally pretty good. Usually, I take my Jeep to the Jeep dealer and the Jeep dealer works it out with them about the parts covered by the warranty and that’s been successful so far. I would recommend America Auto Care. I had one bad experience with them but we worked it out.

Original review: March 27, 2018

My warranty had expired and America Auto Care called me, offering an extended warranty on my vehicle. The reps were very nice and their knowledge for the products was wonderful. Plus I liked what they offered. They even sold me something else that covers brakes and the water pump. Anytime I take my vehicle to the shop, the warranty is going to pay so much towards that visit. I filed one claim and the experience was good. They were shocked at the dealership that AAC offered that deal. Even the girls at Courtesy Cadillac were shocked at what the insurance was paying.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I just left one warranty assurance company and I was looking for another one. It was a toss-up between America Auto Care and Concorde but I told America Auto Care I couldn’t afford them and they gave me a certain number of discounts that I needed. What they had wasn’t what I wanted because the kind of policy that I had was no longer available but they had a good one and they gave me a reasonable price. It was more than what I have so I told them that I can’t do it and that somebody else has one that was a little bit cheaper.

They asked me some questions and based on those, they found a way to put it within the range that I needed because between them and my insurance, it’s like a whole other car payment and I can’t do that. I also explained I was going to be retiring. And it’s one thing to take on an insurance policy when you know you’ve got a steady income, but it’s quite another to take on an insurance policy when you know that income’s going to be cut in half. They put it at $121 a month, it gets paid off in two years, it’s good for five years or 100,000 miles and it’s got the $100 deductible. They don't cover suspension, but they cover a lot of things. I told them where to send the bill and they sent it to the right place and I paid it.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I asked something in the past if America Auto Care should have something for the older cars that would benefit from it like myself, and they kept my number and called me. The first representative I interacted with was very helpful. He then passed it to another one and he worked with me so that I could be able to do it at a later date and had set it up free. It went out what works for me and before it went out, I had spoken to two different people and they were to be very knowledgeable about the warranty stuff. He said I'd be able to get my car fixed because I was paying for it.

Then, I had a lady call me and she didn't have my account number so I had to go find it. They called back the following day and at first, I thought maybe they were not going to let me have it. She called back and said she remembered to get the number because she had the set-up over on one of their computers. She came back and I got the number and I talked to another person. It was good and they were really helpful and extremely pleasant to talk to. But now, with the different change, I end up talking to a machine more than talk to a person.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I like to be covered if anything was to happen and I love this car so anytime somebody will offer me insurance, I'll take it. An extended warranty on my car was offered to me one day when America Auto Care called me up. I was getting ready to expire at that time and they covered all the big stuff that could go wrong on my car, so I accepted their offer. The reps that I spoke to were polite. I was a little bit tired and annoyed when I talked to them. So, I don't really know what I'm paying for. But I hope that when my car needs some work, it's covered. If not, I may have an issue. So far, I'm satisfied with America Auto Care. I keep up regular maintenance for my car, so hopefully, I won't ever need them unexpectedly.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

My America Auto Care policy is very new. The warranty is about $4,500 over a few years. Somebody had told me they were interested in buying the car and I thought they probably don't want it with the warranty. So one of the reasons that I took it was because it said it was refundable within 90 days, as what I understood. The policy is making me a little weary though because there are lots of people, and it’s either they seek you out or you seek them out. And after you've used them or tried them, they don't seem to be what you thought they were. Nonetheless, I'm definitely satisfied with America Auto Care but I haven't tried to use what I'm paying for.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I had already signed up for an extended warranty on my car, but America Auto Care called and gave me a better price on a hundred thousand mile extended warranty on my 2011 vehicle. They got within 30 days of me signing up and we just canceled the other one. They gave me a better down payment and a cheaper monthly payment for the same term. They also offered four oil changes over the life of my vehicle, but I haven’t seen the certificates for them yet. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I needed an extended warranty because my warranty was running out. I was looking for the powertrain warranty that would cover all the electrical go system, engine, transmission, and air condition. This was what I wanted because I wanted an old vehicle covered. At that time, when I talked with the guy, it sounded reasonable and a good deal. It was a pleasant interview. The rep named all of that is covered and I know the air conditioning was one of them. It took a while to get a hard copy so I read down the list on the phone. It called out a lot of stuff so I thought I was covered. Then the air conditioner motor went out. I went to get it fixed and they denied the claims. They said that my extended warranty doesn't cover the air conditioning and it had to come out of pocket. They should make sure we're all the way clear of what we are actually paying for. It was misleading and although I'm not totally dissatisfied, I wouldn’t recommend them.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.