America Auto Care

America Auto Care Contract Reviews

4.3/5 (470 ratings)

About America Auto Care

America Auto Care provides vehicle service contracts, also known as extended auto warranties. It offers four types of contracts ranging from basic to exclusionary coverage. Some of its policies are transferable, which helps if you decide to sell your vehicle before its coverage expires. These policies may even raise resale values.

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Plan
Protect My Car

Protect My Car

View Plan

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I was online looking for extended auto coverage and I was looking for the best rates. And America Auto Care gave me the best coverage in terms of mileage, what was included, bumper-to-bumper, and the payment plan. The thing is I did not get the welcome packet with the card and the information. I haven't had to use it yet, but the point is if I have to use it, I don't have the information that goes with it because that was supposed to be mailed, and I never got it. But other than that, they were very helpful.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I've had an excellent experience with America Auto Care. Their reps were very courteous and the lady that I spoke to when I signed up was very nice and understandable. I was looking for something that would cover my Mazda truck in case something happens, and it looks like the contract that I got with America Auto Care was very reasonable.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2019

America Auto Care's warranty went to where it would end up 280 something thousand miles by the time it would expire. I thought that was pretty good, so I went with them. I also talked three other companies and they were all the same on coverage. So far, I'm a little disappointed on their customer service because I haven't heard anything from them and I didn't have a contact information. So what I had to do was I took my bank statement and called the company that takes the money out every month. Then they gave me this customer service number and they emailed me what they originally said they'd do to begin with, and they may have. It may just got lost or went to the wrong email address. But I had to call them to get them to send me my contract information.

Supposedly, the warranty covers everything except for normal maintenance stuff. The car's making a racket on the right side of the car now, so I'm gonna take it to the shop for the next couple weeks and we'll see if there's anything. I'll be curious to see if the warranty was a waste of money or not and when I file a claim, I'd like to see if they're gonna take care of me or if it's gonna be a hassle.

Original review: April 10, 2019

The sales rep told me if I hung up without a purchase that I could not call back later and buy a warranty through them. I felt rushed into buying on the spot so I asked a ton of questions and she repeatedly told me that certain things were covered and I could just call and cancel within 30 days and get a refund if I decided not to do it later. I was very specific in my questioning. When I got the paperwork a week later there were limits all over the place on things she assured me I would have fully covered. I was agitated so I called to cancel. Then the nightmare started. They said my refund would take 3 days and I would be contacted by someone who would help get it done.

Days passed and all I got were calls from other reps trying to resell me the contract. I became proactive and began calling daily, trying to get my refund. Always getting a response saying that someone would contact me that day. Then I got lucky and one rep mentioned paperwork... Ummm the first sales rep said just call and NO one had ever mentioned cancelation paperwork before. Turns out they had a form they needed to be filled out and never bothered mentioning it to me, stringing me along towards the end of my 30 day cancelation period. They have repeatedly been vague and unhelpful (aside from that one rep) and aside from the first call have felt like a scam the entire time!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

America Auto Care called and I needed it at that time. I was looking for an extended contract to get some repairs on my car that would make the load a little less on me. Signing up with them was okay but I didn’t feel like I was fully explained exactly what goes on while you are in the coverage. I had an issue and my car has been in the shop since Thursday. I had to wait all weekend to get approved or not approved for an axle that should be covered on my plan, but they are telling me that it was not covered because it seemed like a pre-existing issue.

I have the Enhanced Powertrain Coverage so all of that should have been covered. When they called my mechanic, he told them that the axle is connected to the ball joint and he said that it makes no sense to totally replace with a brand-new axle and leave the same old ball joint on there. He was trying to replace all of it, but they wouldn’t do it. It was not even expensive and he was only gonna charge them $350 for all of it. I've been talking to America Auto Care and Omega group all morning and I've gotten nowhere. I just wanted to end the process and I don’t wanna deal with them anymore. I've only had it for a little over 30 days and I haven't used it. Now, I have to go through a whole different long process to get a refund and close my account, and it is still up in the air.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I wanted to extend the coverage that I had on my sports car. I went with America Auto Care and I had a pleasant interaction with their representative. It took us an hour on the phone going through this and that, then he emailed the contract and I signed it. I had to pay a certain amount down, and now, it's a monthly payment till it's paid off. The cost is reasonable considering the car I got. It could be a nightmare if something was down electronically. I would recommend America Auto Care.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

America Auto Care lied to me and I don’t like them. I only had my account with them for about five months. I got a 2008 BMW and had an extended warranty on the first couple of years. America Auto Care called me before my extended warranty ran out and asked if I wanted a warranty service. We talked and I told them that I'd try them out.

First time I had problems in January. I went to my local BMW dealer and the person there told me that it was gonna cost me about $400 to take care of that. I told them that's no problem as I got an extended warranty with American Auto Care. We called America Auto Care, but they told me that they don't cover the issue as it wasn't covered in the contract. I don’t like that and got very disappointed in them. I told the rep, “Why do I need you then? I don’t need you. You’re fired.” The rep gave me all the excuses on why I need them. But I said, “No, I don’t need you.” I'm very dissatisfied with America Auto Care. I had a Platinum coverage and thought I had the top of the line. The next time that they intend to sell something, I will need to go through the contract to be perfectly clear on what they're selling me.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Nissan's Rogues are known to have transaxle problems. So, after I got to the end of the warranty for mine, I wanted more coverage. America Auto Care contacted me after I contacted Nissan for a service contract. Their rep explained the plan to me and when I got the paperwork, everything was pretty clear. He did a good job.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I have high mileage on the older van. And I was looking for a full extended warranty. This other warranty company wasn’t covering as much in terms of mileage ‘cause I drive a lot. With America Auto Care, I have 100,000-mile coverage on everything and it’s definitely better as far as extended warranties go. Also, their representatives were incredible and super helpful. At first, the price that they had for us was a little bit more than we could handle, and they worked out the payments differently and lowered the cost sum so that we could afford it. They also had given us military benefits for my husband.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I wanted an extended warranty and looked at four different companies. America Auto Care seemed like a great company. Their rep was very intelligent and very informative. He spoke in English and not in terms that I couldn’t understand.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I needed something because my vehicle is nearly 13 years old. I wanted something to protect me against any future incidences of repair or a breakdown. After looking at five companies, I went with America Auto Care for the cost and the perceived coverage. The representative was also very thorough and clear when he explained what would be covered with my service. At his direction, I obtained service that seemed like it would cover any upcoming repairs. But there are a couple of things now that put me in a position where if they are not resolved, I may request for this policy be cancelled.

At this point, I have a pending claim that has been rejected. My mechanic got back to me after about a week and he had a laundry list of repairs needed for the vehicle. But America Auto Care is saying that they won’t cover the repairs and the funny thing is I don't know why. There are mechanical repairs that have to do with driving the vehicle but America Auto Care said that the only thing that they would cover is the turn signal indicator. I didn’t even have a problem with my turn signal though.

I've had the same mechanic for 15 years and he's trying to back me up. He is investigating it right now. He has the policy with the hopes that we can get it resolved. The simple math that I am doing is this. I pay $3,600 for the warranty and my mechanic submitted for about $4,900 in repairs. Effectively, there is a $1,300 difference. If somebody is doing the numbers on that one policy and saying that this person has outlived the benefit of what the policy is paying so they're not gonna cover it, I need to know upfront so I can cancel the warranty.

I think America Auto Care will fall back on the legalities in the contract. The reality of it is there needs to be specific and plain language surrounding what is and isn’t covered. There should also be examples given upfront. Effectively, I needed as close to a bumper-to-bumper warranty as I could get on a nearly 13-year-old vehicle. But I don’t feel like that it was explained in as clear terms as it could’ve been. They should have let me go into this with the benefit of all pertinent information. Then we could have come to an agreement. I would either take their services or not based off of that. Because if they were unable to offer what I was looking for or some reasonable facsimile of it, they should have just said it. If all they were looking to do was to close sales, then they didn’t really make a sale because I’ll cancel the policy if I’m within my right to do so.

I got the warranty in August and I haven’t done anything on this policy. The payment is automatically deducted from my credit card and I pay the credit every month. And yet, I don’t enjoy what I’ve paid. Now, when I need the warranty, they are saying they don't do certain things. If the warranty isn’t going to suit my needs, I would like to have my money refunded. However, if they would like to keep the $3,600 that I’m paying over the lifetime of this policy and execute the repairs, then I’ll happily keep it. Then there’s no issue.

Another thing is that I have vehicle coverage and I need a vehicle. But they only pay for four days and I was hoping that I could stretch it as long as I don't need the vehicle. I've been without my car for two weeks now. But my kids have been out of school and the days have matched up. I don’t feel like paying for a rental vehicle and if I do have to pay, I wanna pay as little as possible.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My vehicle is 10 years old and I’m trying to keep it as long as possible. I was looking for an extended warranty since I wanted some additional care for it. The interactions that I had with the rep of America Auto Care were fairly brief. He called and we discussed the coverage plan and the fees. He seemed knowledgeable and I decided to go with them. But some details in the contract that I received in the mail after starting with them were not disclosed in the conversation that we had and looking back at some of these details, I might not have gone down that path. After reading through the contract once I received it, now that I've already started paying for the warranty, I could already foresee that there would be a lot of loopholes if something were to go wrong with the vehicle. Going through a claim process with America Auto Care would determine the ease of working with them through the claim.

Original review: June 20, 2018

When I get calls from warranty companies, I hang up and then do my own investigation, see what’s in Better Business Bureau, poor ratings and stuff like that. Then I got a call again from America Auto Care and went with it because I like the rating better than the rest of the calls that I got in terms of my Nissan extended warranty. The representative answered my questions so he was great. The questions that I asked were in reference to what I had already researched and stuff on the web and he answered those. America Auto Care is a top rated company because I don’t wanna be paying for any extended warranty but you gotta have something when you’re dealing with each car and the mechanic.

When I first signed up, it was with one of my credit cards and I didn’t wanna use that card. On the second month, they deducted the money. On the third time they tried to deduct it, they couldn’t so they gave me a call but I was meaning to call them because I wanted to change that card. I drive for a living and I was coming back from Springfield and I asked the girl if it was possible for her to call me back tomorrow so we could change that card. I gave her the time and she returned that call and we fixed that problem. So that was good.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I wanted to make sure that if I break down in the middle of the road and something needs to be fixed, it wouldn't have to come out out of my pocket. But I was worried about the pre-existing part of the warranty. If something breaks, America Auto Care can say it's pre-existing. But the representative saw me and it was my last chance to get the warranty. That convinced me. I went with them for the price and setting up the payment was easy. I went through the book and I have pretty much everything in terms of coverage, including the rental and the roadside assistance.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I'm a sub-contractor and I drive a lot. My warranty was about up in my '15 Ram, so I needed an extended warranty. I'm not forking out any high dollar maintenance bill because I am on the road constantly. My experience with America Auto Care has been great so far and my interactions with their reps have been good. They were polite, knowledgeable and very understanding. I would tell my friend they got to go with America Auto Care and to not let it go. They're nice and understanding. They do what they can to help me out and get the coverage I need.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

America Auto Care called and said they were going to offer their service for half the price because I had another service. They said the service is activated immediately, and they're there if I need any help with 24-hour towing or jumpstart. And for any issues with my car, I could take it to the Mercedes Benz dealership and they'll work on it for free. Then, all of a sudden, I started digging into the company a bit and all they were saying was lies. They told me that they were going to send me a package right away and in a couple of days, I was going to get all the information and I would know exactly what's going on, but I haven't seen anything.

Then when I needed a jumpstart at 5:15 PM on a weeknight and tried to use AAC, I couldn't even get a hold of anyone. I had multiple numbers and I tried to call all of them, but they led nowhere. I got cut off the phone because they said their office was closed. And then I left multiple messages with the woman who sold me the contract and she did not get back to me at all and I also sent a few emails, but nothing. I'm quite upset. Absolutely nothing was going on other than them pirating me for money. I, for the longest time, thought it was some kind of scam and that I got totally scammed. Every time I go online to look for them, there was no link and no webpage. If I don't hear from America Auto Care, they're definitely gone and I'm going to purchase another program. I’m beyond dissatisfied and I would go out of my way to tell America to never deal with them ever.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Buying the warranty itself it was a good experience. The America Auto Care rep talked to me about what they would and what they wouldn’t cover. The entire radio system of my car sometimes cuts off. There's no volume in it so I took it back to the dealership. I said I had paid it back to them before and they claim that they didn’t have any records of it. Then they claimed that America Auto Care does not want to do anything in terms of covering it. I don’t think it has anything to do with the warranty. I think it's the dealership itself and I just haven’t gone back to them. Other than that, I have recommended AAC and I'd tell friends to consider them for the extended warranty portion of it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I got an auto warranty from America Auto Care a couple of months ago because I needed it for my BMW. I read their disclosures in terms of the agreement and it seemed good to me. My interactions with their reps have been good so far. They've been professional.

Original review: March 28, 2017

America Auto Care called me and I decided to sign up with them. My contract covers when I get a flat tire while on the road and they will help me out. And also when my car doesn't start, they can put it in a shop. My experience with them is all right.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I would definitely recommend America Auto Care to a friend. I wanted something that was going to cover my car in the same way as it was before, so I signed up with them. They were very polite and thorough. I'm sort of a layman in terms of what I need for a warranty. I want to make sure that the basic things were covered and I'm very pleased that their rep explained to me how they would be covered and how the program works. I also made a short list of questions and he answered them quite well. Overall, my experience was very positive.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.