America Auto Care

America Auto Care Claims Reviews

4.3/5 (470 ratings)

About America Auto Care

America Auto Care provides vehicle service contracts, also known as extended auto warranties. It offers four types of contracts ranging from basic to exclusionary coverage. Some of its policies are transferable, which helps if you decide to sell your vehicle before its coverage expires. These policies may even raise resale values.

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Plan
Protect My Car

Protect My Car

View Plan

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

America Auto Care seemed to be a good auto warranty and it works well. It didn’t cost me anything when I filed a claim. Somebody was there doing it and I would have to be there too if I have to.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Customer service was terrible, every time I called I was put on hold then after 5 mins the automated system would say a representative would be calling me back. After 3 times they finally call back.. One other time I had questions concerning some repair. I was told that had to talk to someone else and they would call me back. Never did. Good luck on getting them on the phone.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I was searching for a warranty and America Auto Care was one of the ones that responded. I was looking for something to cover the car for any major repairs in case anything happens to it. I've just purchased it. I looked at about four companies before selecting America Auto Care. I liked that their salesman was good. They were all about the same but their salesman talked better. He was informative, professional and courteous.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I just got America Auto Care. I used the oil change but I haven't filed a claim yet. America Auto Care wasn't the first one that called me. I got an influx of whole bunch of other calls. And then, I had one company and I was on the first 30 days with them, and then the guy from America Auto Care said they could help me. Also, America Auto Care was cheaper and they had more stuff. So I called and I cancelled the other company out and I stayed with America Auto Care. I hope I don't regret it now. I signed up online and the process was all right. The cost is kinda high, but it's only for 18 months. I figured they kinda condensed everything down to 18 months. Still, I wish it was cheaper. Right now, I'll recommend America Auto Care.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairsRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 26, 2019

I was looking to purchase an extended warranty on my vehicle. I heard about America Auto Care through a third party and they had several different warranties. I called them yesterday and the day before. The first representative I spoke to yesterday was very rude. She felt the need to argue with me. I told her I was not going to argue and I wanted her to let me speak with her supervisor. She put me on hold on then she comes back saying her supervisor Lana wanted her to just take my statement as to why my car is in the shop - I had to take my car in for a repair and the AC went out. But the dealer already spoke to America Auto Care. I never spoke with the supervisor and I am yet to receive a call from her. But the rep found it necessary to go back and forth. I hung up.

Their reps won't patch you through to an adjuster or the one that reviews your claim. They only take messages. I left a message on Wednesday and another one yesterday. They couldn't tell me how long it would be before an adjuster could get back to me. I was just told that he was working on other claims and he'd do them in the order in which they came in. I told the rep my vehicle has been at the shop since Monday and we haven't heard anything. He asked if I gave them my statement. I was like, "What statement? I took it to the dealer, the dealer called you all while I was there, and the adjuster said they would call me instead of speaking to me right then while I was at the dealership, and he hasn't called me."

I didn't like that experience. It seemed like a runaround to me. There is nothing in their book that states I have to provide a statement that says the dealer can contact them. I'm not happy with my experience so far. And now they're saying that before they can repair my AC, the dealer has to call me and get authorization to take my vehicle down until total failure so someone can come out and look at the part. Meanwhile, I don't have my vehicle. It's been sitting at the dealer since Monday and I don't know what they're gonna do - if they are gonna approve the claim or disapprove the claim.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I have an older truck and I wanted to get more warranty on it. I looked at three different companies and I decided to go with America Auto Care. They sent me an email and they offered an extended part of their warranty. I liked that they give a bit of a discount and return you some money on oil changes and brakes. They also do a bumper-to-bumper warranty and there wasn’t any underlining print. Plus, they had towing and rental car included in the package.

Other than that, the rep I talked to was not aggressive and was cool about everything. He wasn’t pushy and he knew quite a bit about my truck. He also said that the electric motor and the doors are gonna be going and it was nice that he knew a little about the rig and what to look for. He was thorough, really knowledgeable on aftercare, and wanted to make sure there weren’t any aftermarket items on the truck. He took my mileage verbatim and told me that they could pull a Carfax on my truck. So if my maintenance wasn't up to date, they were able to verify it. I knew that getting the warranty was gonna be an expense, but I was pleasantly surprised about the price that I got from America Auto Care. I didn’t have money straight upfront but they made the warranty affordable for me and worked it into my budget. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My mother-in-law was buying a used Yukon and I was trying to find her a warranty for it because it was like $4,000 for one at the dealership, which was a little overboard. I helped her out and did some bookwork for her and had about 15 different companies call me. The America Auto Care salesman that called me was really good. He called to sell me a warranty for a different vehicle and when I told him I didn’t have that particular vehicle, he asked if I had another vehicle I’d like to get a quote. I said that I have this car that I wouldn’t mind putting an extended warranty on, and he then gave me a quote and told me to give him the miles. He also said I couldn’t claim anything on it for 1,000 miles and 30 days to protect the company a little bit. The warranty seems as good as what I would have with my extended warranty plan with Ford when I had it. I would recommend America Auto Care to somebody who needs a warranty.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

America Auto Care called me out of nowhere, gave me good rates and as we talked, I found something I may be interested in so I took advantage and signed up. A month later, something happened, so I needed to use the services and things worked out. However, my mechanic complained a little about being on the phone so long. But other than that, it was okay. America Auto Care expedited things and paid the mechanic quickly. He was happy and he said it's just some things that people have to go through. I've also filed a claim for an oil change and America Auto Care told me they would reimburse me for the funds that I paid, at least $55 of it. Overall, it's been a really good service and I've told people that it was a good deal.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The cost of getting a car repaired made me inquire about extended warranties and I was looking for something that would help me out if ever a major repair comes up. America Auto Care was there and everything sounded reasonable. I'm just wondering if there's some ID card that I can keep with me in the car that at least I can call and take to the dealer to let them know that it is who I am dealing with. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with my experience with America Auto Care.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I wanted an extended warranty and my dealership told me about America Auto Care. They have the equipment and components of my car covered, so they don’t have to come out of pocket. The representative treated me okay but he should explain what's all covered more clearly. I have also filed a claim a couple of days ago but they haven't called back about it yet.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

America Auto Care tried to get a hold of me. They may know who buys GMs and I believe the dealer was giving that information. I had gotten this car two years ago, and it has been running good, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. When I first bought it, I had a plan, but it ran out. I did a little research, and America Auto Care had the best price. They were very fair and reasonable on their prices. I also dickered with them and they worked with me. Moreover, I can write the plan off. I'm all set with them and if I ever file a claim, nothing would be coming out of my pocket except $100.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I had gone over my current warranty and my car is still brand new, so I didn’t want anything to happen and for me to not be covered. America Auto Care offered an incentive such as a maintenance package which was basically a $100 off brakes whenever I needed them. They also offered a discount on oil changes where they would pay 60% of the cost. Their rep called me back and our interaction was great overall. I understand his job but I don’t like to be sold nothing. He was a little persistent but what he was saying made sense after listening to him, and I went with it. He was very helpful. I hear some noise on my front end so I’m gonna take the car in to get it checked. From my experience so far, I would definitely recommend America Auto Care. They are overall a good company and I’m satisfied with their level of service.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My car recently came outside its warranty plan and I wanted an extended warranty to cover any major repairs that could go wrong with my vehicle. I've had to file a claim with America Auto Care and it was great. I didn't have to do anything 'cause my service provider did everything and he said everything was smooth. So far so good and I have recommended them.

Resolution response: May 30, 2018

UPDATE! I am happy to report that this company called me and apologized thoroughly, and I couldn't be more pleased. They even waived the deductible and now, my car is fixed and they're mailing out a check to reimburse me for my expenses. I am very pleased!

Original review: May 30, 2018

My 2014 Toyota Corolla is one of the most reliable cars on the road, and yet I went with an extended warranty just for the peace of mind. Well, that turned out to be a terrible mistake. Last week, I made my first claim for $600, due a failed rear wheel bearing. I called America Auto Care repeatedly trying to reach a claims representative. Each time, I endured extended wait times (in excess of 20 minutes per call) and after FIVE DAYS (and this was five days without my car), I was told that the claim was denied.

Throughout this ordeal, I called the Toyota Dealership (who was doing the repair) and they told me that they were also contacting America Auto Care repeatedly, and each time, AAC said that they were going to call me, the owner of the car. Not once in five days did this company call me. Save your money. This company cannot be trusted. After this experience, I went online in desperation to find a way to contact the company's owner or manager and was unsuccessful. Is this a real business or just a shill? Their website has very little information. I wish I'd seen this website *before* I gave them my money. I'm disgusted beyond words. I'm a 63-year-old man and I am very careful with my money, but AAC ripped me off thoroughly. Shame on them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was looking for a powertrain warranty and I’ve looked into six companies. America Auto Care had the highest claims approval percentage so I went with them. Their representative was good since he took care of some concerns I had about whether or not the warranty would cover my truck. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My regular insurance expired and I was trying to get an extended warranty. After I got America Auto Care, I saw some of the reviews and they weren't very positive. From what I read, they're not honoring the people who request services. I haven't put in a claim so it's still early to tell, but they're pleasant so far. I'm not discounting them, but I want to make sure that they are a respectable company so I won't have as many issues as I've read online.

Original review: April 22, 2018

For my first claim, the people that I had working on my car called America Auto Care. I asked America Auto Care to pay for something but they wouldn't pay for it because I didn't have enough mileage which is crazy because they're still getting my money. Also, they won't show me the miles for me to be able to get their service.

Original review: April 8, 2018

America Auto Care called me and they started explaining to me all their services. I have been with them for a few months now. I recently have to use the warranty because I was sending my car for maintenance and it turned out that I had a bad part. The dealer filed the claim for me and I didn't have any issue with the claim. It would have cost a lot more had I not had this plan so it worked out to a huge benefit for me. I would tell a friend to consider America Auto Care because it does cover a lot more than a lot of the warranties.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I had a problem and the shop I went to handled the filing of the claim. America Auto Care had a minimum hourly rate and the dealer charged a different rate. America Auto Care didn’t pay the full amount, I paid the difference. I wasn't completely happy with my experience with them.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I had Toco Warranty Service before and those guys were lousy. They lied from the time they opened their mouths until they shut it because I went in to get my stuff fixed, and they ended up costing me more than what it would cost me if I were to take it to the guy I normally take it into. And so I went online, and I called America Auto Care and asked them what exactly they covered. I want all the electronic stuff to be covered and they were very upfront. They also told me they were going to send some kind of booklet with the whole topic in it, but I never got it and it’s been a couple of months since.

Their representative was good though. I told him what I wanted and he went through everything with me with any questions I had. While I haven't filed a claim yet, everything went great. I've been impressed so far and I would tell friends to change from whatever they have and go with America Auto Care, unless they have a normal warranty that covers everything.

Original review: March 8, 2018

My car was already paid for so the original warranty with Mercedes was gone. I needed to have an extended warranty and I picked America Auto Care. I like it and everything has been fine so far. They don’t cover very much, but it's better than nothing. I've spoken with their reps on the phone and they've been very polite, courteous, and accommodating. It's very hard to find companies that are accommodating and willing to talk to you. So, that was a big thing. They also did everything with the dealership when I filed a claim. I'm a happy camper.

Original review: March 5, 2018

My vehicle stopped on the freeway on a snowy day and had to be taken to a dealership for repairs. I had not received my welcome package and did not know who to call to receive authorization for repairs to my vehicle. What to do, but I had to authorize the repair of my vehicle and called Michael at America Auto Care to inform him of this mishap. Michael was very helpful and promised to assist me with this claim and having it resubmitted. I did not hear from Michael for weeks. So, I called him back and this is when he told me that my $7,000 repair was not covered at all! I told him that I have not received my welcome package yet to this day. His response was that he would escalate to the owners. I have not heard from anyone yet.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The current maintenance I have will expire next week and I signed up for America Auto Care and I extended my maintenance program. It's been a couple of months now and it was a good experience. The price was very reasonable for the product. The person I spoke to over the phone was very knowledgeable and he was not pushy. He didn't put any pressure on the signup for the large amount. We wasted different options that I could take to lower the cost and it kind of worked with me. I have a zero deductible and I will highly recommend America Auto Care.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I went online and looked for an extended auto care program. I was looking for affordability and I’m a single parent, so I need to make sure that I have protection as I need to avoid the cost of repairs. I’ve contacted other companies, but I just liked the friendliness and the way America Auto Care representatives talked to me and assured me that I was getting the protection I needed. They were very professional. I would highly recommend this company. I had a wonderful experience with them and this program is something that would be very beneficial.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I inherited the car that I have from my parents who had passed away and for the last two years, I'd been receiving phone calls or letters about extended warranty things. I feel that the warranty program is a waste of money but I know a couple of my friends who got and used an auto warranty. I’m a mechanic by trade and there are a couple of repairs like the transmission that could give me problems and the warranty could just cover the cost so I took the chance on America Auto Care. The rep was good enough to convince me to go ahead and take the plunge and everything went fine. The warranty is pricey but as long as I get the results that were expressed to me then I’d be probably happy and I could get my money back.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I liked the customer service that I got when I talked to the rep of America Auto Care. I was asking a lot of questions and he gave me a lot of good answers. He told me to compare this and that, so that was pretty good for me. They also seemed to have better deals than other companies. I also liked the free oil change and the couple other maintenance things that they have along with the deal. I’d recommend them. They’re professional, courteous and helpful.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

America Auto Care had the best price. Their reps were friendly and I’ve already filed one claim with them. Overall, I am very well pleased with them.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I was looking for the best plan moneywise and I got the biggest package from America Auto Care. Their representative was thorough and he explained everything to me. I’ve filed a claim for the alternator and it was a very easy process. I took it to the repair shop, AAC called me and they went ahead and approved everything. They were very friendly and detailed. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I was looking for help with the cost of maintaining the car. I bought a Ford SYNC, and I go out of town once a month. So, I'm driving. I don't want to be out of town and then my car breaks down and I can't get it fixed. If it's wrong then correct it. America Auto Care kept calling my phone. It did sound good and worth it with them. At 150,000 miles, something is going to break. I got the premium plan so anything electrical and under the engine are covered.

My first encounter with the representative was not a good one. I called in and they told me to get my car to the mechanic and they would take it from there. They told me it was a hood bearing and they fixed it. I got my car out the shop. And the same engine light and ABS brake system light were coming on. They hadn't done anything and I was upset. When I called the service company, they told me that there was a mix-up and they couldn't go along with the claims because one number in my VIN number was off. They didn't say anything about the VIN number when they were taking my money every month for the past four months. So, when it's time for my car to get fixed, then they want to say it was the problem because of the VIN number. But they straightened it out. They fixed my car and it was wonderful. So, that was a blessing.

The price is a fair deal. It's affordable because I work three jobs. I'm a young granddaddy and I have to keep the kids happy. The price is cool with me at $100 a month which is not bad for 32 months. Especially the half prices of these auto parts. I don't like to go to any mechanic because you have a type of warranty or guarantee. So, I just go to the dealership and when I saw this deal, I checked on it because it's beneficial. It was a lovely and beautiful experience with America Auto Care. I've already recommended it to two of my friends and they were thinking about getting it.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I was assistant director for many years on my own dealership so I'm very familiar with extended warranties. I looked at the program that was offered to me by America Auto Care, the prices and what they covered and I made the decision to go with them. They're very cooperative and professional. However, I got the visor right in front of me with my claim card in it and I wanted to correct certain things like spellings. But apart from that, I have recommended America Auto Care to several people.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.