Charlotte, NC

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Warranty Direct is an extended auto warranty company that offers plans ranging from powertrain-only to exclusionary. Benefits include roadside assistance, towing, trip interruption reimbursement and rental car reimbursement. You can pay upfront for a major discount or make payments over three or six months.

Find my match

Warranty Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warranty Direct?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warranty Direct?

Original review: July 30, 2018

I had heard about bad reviews and mentioned it to sales rep, he stated fake reviews. This is no fake review. This company is a SCAM COMPANY. They have monthly debited my checking account for some time and I thought maybe the sales rep was correct and calling them Fake Reviews. THEY ARE NOT FAKE REVIEWS, THEY ARE REAL. My car experience a breakdown and I call in, the call center told to get car home. I called the dealership and was informed they could not get to my car for 5 days. I needed my car that weekend for a trip. I took it to the my local shop and call in and spoke to a rep. She took my info down and informed to send in repair bill. Sent the bill "certified mail" and waited for a month. After a month of no response, I was informed bill denied because shop has not call in. I told the rep that I have followed rep instruction. They still denied. CANCELED MY POLICY TODAY.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My 2009 Mercedes GL450 is under a currently active extended warranty. While up on the rack for routine maintenance at my local Mercedes Dealership, items that ARE covered under the warranty were found to be in need of immediate repair (power steering pump being one of the items for an example). Mercedes will not deal with any outside company but I knew that I was at a licensed dealer which is required. Repairs were made per Mercedes specification and I submitted the claim. No response from Warranty Direct until after two emails I followed up by phone. The claim was denied because Mercedes did not call to open a case in the moment. Nothing was wrong with the claim being from a licensed dealership or that the items were not covered both were, but because of no phone call they took thousands for the policy but paid nothing!

Original review: July 19, 2018

These people are white collar thieves. Do not pay them anything. Buy warranty from your car company. I bought warranty from them. 6 years/100000 miles. Luxury plus care package. Sounded too good to be true. First I used it, they have all kind of explanations ready to tell why they won't pay.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Do no bother with company is a scam, as long you pay you are OK. Once you file a claim forget about it. They will refer you to the legal department trying to work their way out paying for the repairs. And about customer service NONE existence! Look elsewhere.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I went online. Got a quote. I didn’t activate because I was just comparing to what I pay currently... I got a call and I advised them I was not interested due to the price, "Thank you so much for giving me a call to follow up." He then got rude and said, "You get what you pay for" and hung up on me. I have never had someone be so rude to me like that when I was just being polite stating I was not interested.

Original review: March 21, 2018

When I called Warranty Direct they said my wheel bearings were covered. Took to Firestone to have fixed. They denied the claim. They said it was wear and tear. REALLY? My car has 121,000 on it, of course it is going to have wear and tear on it. Makes no sense to me. I paid over $2000 for 5 years and 100,000 miles. So I guess if your rings on your pistons, crankshaft and etc. need fix they probably won't cover it because it's wear and tear. The Better Business Bureau better do a better review.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I'm at the dealership trying to get my car fixed. Before I paid for this warranty I had asked Matthew ** about wheel bearings hub assembly and all that was covered. He told me yes. I got the warranty and today that part is needing to be replaced. They called my warranty to check for coverage and now my warranty will not cover the wheel bearings. We cannot afford over $400. We are screwed. We needed this help. We can't ever get the part covered. We don't know what to do anymore.

Original review: March 3, 2018

If you sell your vehicle or it is totaled, Warranty Direct will not transfer your contract on your old vehicle to the new vehicle regardless whether your existing manufacture warranty had expired. I made $1460.48 in payments for my vehicle warranty and unfortunately the vehicle I was making payments on would not tow my travel trailer so I had to purchase another truck. So, Warranty Direct charged me $360.31 plus a $50.00 cancelation fee instead of letting me apply that amount to my new vehicle. Most car repair warranty companies allow you to transfer your money to another vehicle. Also, it took two months to get my reimbursement check. Buyer beware!

Original review: March 3, 2018

Warranty Direct has to be the worst out there. Stay far away from this company. My last visit to the dealer resulted w/ me embarrassed once again. Before I purchased it, the rep told me this was the best plan available. Had 2 issues. The 1st one: all types of switches were listed for coverage except the 1 I need. Called a junction switch for my 2004 odyssey. 2nd: seals were leaking, but not covered because in order for them to be covered, something has to cause them to leak. This is not the 1st time I have been denied coverage and to think I paid thousands for absolute nothing is heartbreaking. Also, mounts weren't covered.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I purchased the warranty from Warranty Direct one year ago, feeling confident with my purchase. They were quick to take the payment. BUYER BEWARE!!! This company is such a con, being sold on the fact that my motor, transmission and other major components would be covered in case of failure. On needing some of those things repaired I was told I was denied the claim because of the way the contract was worded. I also needed major repairs because my water pump went out on the interstate. My car overheated and blew the head gasket. They denied my claim because they said I operated the car without coolant. My wife calls me every time a light comes on in our cars, she pulled over immediately, took a picture of the dash and all the lights that were on.

This is what is in the contract to do, but it is our failure. I’m not a mechanic so I’m not sure exactly but I know it was like maybe for $8000 worth of work out of that amount. Warranty Direct was only willing to cover $300 less our deductible. What sense does it make to have a warranty if they’re only going to cover a small amount such as 300 out of $8000. So the promises of covering your car is a SCAM, I have already paid over $1300 in premiums then delaying a response by a day so they can take another payment. I could paid the shop directly the $8000 that it cost to repair something and skip the middleman. I am Livid!!! Please share this WARNING ABOUT WARRANTY DIRECT.com so others don’t get scammed!!!

Warranty Direct Company Information