3.72/5
  • 1 star
Based on 690 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an auto warranty provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Warranty Direct

Warranty Direct has been a leader in the extended auto warranty industry for over 30 years. Our unique approach of "customers first" is what makes our business so successful and has earned us many awards, including a Forbes Top 200 company.

Our philosophy of "customers first" is made up of characteristics such as: proven reliability, financial stability, nationwide licensing/registrations and unmatched customer service. All of our claims are handled in-house so you can feel confident that your claim will be completed quickly and with the utmost care. Call today for a quote!

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

700 Warranty Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We purchased the "Premium Care" extended warranty coverage in May 2015. This is the absolute worst extended warranty company with which I have ever had to work. There appears to be nothing that is covered under their warranty. We have had several issues with our covered vehicle, and each of the requests for warranty cover has been denied.

The latest denial was Monday, November 20th. The ABS system light began to flash and then remained lit. The brake pedal began vibrating hard when pushed. We took the vehicle to the dealer for diagnosis, and the dealer contacted Warranty Direct for authorization. The repair cost is estimated at $2100. Coverage was denied by Warranty Direct. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING COVERAGE FROM WARRANTY DIRECT!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I purchased the warranty being sold on the fact that my electronics i.e. backup camera, Bluetooth radio, sunroof and all those things will be covered up. On needing some of those things repaired I was told I was denied the claim because of the way the contract was worded. I also needed major repairs on my car like the arm oil pan housing or something like that. I’m not a mechanic so I’m not sure exactly but I know it was like maybe for $5000 worth of work out of that amount. Warranty Direct was only willing to cover $300. What sense does it make to have a warranty if they’re only going to cover a small minute amount such as 300 out of for 5000. I could pay the shop directly the 5000 that it cost to repair something and skip the middleman. I am Livid!!!

And more so because my car insurance company enlisted Warranty Direct as a perk? Well they must be paying “P” a large amount to solicit their service because when it comes to customer satisfaction Warranty Direct is not at all transparent. They will tell something is covered and when that part fails they find loopholes around taking care of you the consumer. Warranty Direct is not for the consumer. They are all about making money and bilking the consumer selling dreams while doing so. Please if you are reading this and considering buying from this company DON’T. I promise you I am not just some angry blogger. I have written very complimentary reviews where applicable but Warranty Direct doesn’t deserve not even one star. Please don’t do like I did ignoring the reviews. Take heed, run and take your business elsewhere. Signed Disgruntled BMW owner.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I spoke to Bobby ** from Warranty Direct a few months ago. I had read some reviews and a lot of them weren't too good. I asked him about it and he assured me that these were fake reviews and that his company has an A+ rating. Well after my experience with Warranty Direct I now know that all of those bad reviews are true and the warranties they sell are a complete scam.

When I asked about the coverage of the warranty I specifically asked about the transmission because I had some issues with the transmission in the past. He again assured me that any repairs of the transmission would be covered if the parts were broken or if they "failed." Well last week my transmission went out and I took it to the dealership. After they checked out my car and found out the parts in the transmission had failed, they submitted a claim to Warranty Direct and they came back and said none of the parts were covered under the warranty. If I could warn anyone I would tell them to NEVER sign up for a warranty with this company. They are unethical and it's a complete scam. I spent hundreds of dollars on this warranty for nothing. And for anyone reading this, this is a real review. This actually happened to me. Don't get suckered into believing this company like I did.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Warranty Direct is a scam!! I am writing this review in reference to claim number **. My contract has a ‘Luxury Electrical’ clause in which power lock actuators are covered for repair. I verified this information a day or two prior to me taking my vehicle in to the mechanic and I also verified that Warranty Direct would cover the repairs. When my mechanic called in to verify, Warranty Direct said that power lock actuators are NOT covered which is a breach of contract. My mechanic and I are perplexed because Warranty Direct says that they will not cover the door actuators due to wear and tear.

It amazes me how businesses can take your money, say something isn’t so and there isn’t anything that the average consumer can do about it even though things are written in black and white. The only way to make guys like this learn is to take them to court which is so time consuming. Getting ready for battle anyway. This is about principle.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

After buying this policy a year ago and paying for the program. I have a 4 year 48,000 mile protection. The first time I have problem with my truck they denied the claim! No help! I was told by the sales rep that emissions was covered, because I have surcharges on my policy for emissions and 4 wheel drive. I failed NH state emissions with a leak in my manifold. I had my mechanic call and file the claim. They denied my claim and said because of rust. The bolt rusted out that holds the manifold system to the together... OK it broke off. I called and the woman on the phone was nasty. I am now trying to cancel my policy and get my money back... (good luck) I asked to talk to a supervisor and was told they will put in a request. It takes up to 48 hours for someone to call me back. Let's see if they call me. What a waste of time and money!!! Sad very sad... I was lied to and ripped off!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warranty Direct?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Made claim, took 2 weeks for answer, no weekend contact when break down. Does not fulfill claim on warranty. AAMCO transmission expert states mechanical failure, but Warrant Direct says no. WD WOULD NOT RECONSIDER. They did not even inform me of decision.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I can see that you are also getting the runaround from Warranty Direct. Get used to it. I am on my second warranty from them for 2 different vehicles. I have been a customer since 2007 and have given them thousands of dollars over the years for top of the line Ultra Deluxe warrantys only to be treated like a piece of **. My latest dilemma with Warranty Direct is my last repair just before my warranty ended. I guess since they called me many times trying to get me to extend my warranty on my 7 year old vehicle and I decided not to extend. I guess that got me on the DO NOT PAY ANY CLAIMS FOR HIM list since he is not renewing.

I had a simple repair done, an ignition coil on the #2 cylinder, a mechanical breakdown in anyone's book. Service was done on a Sunday when they were closed. Mechanic was not able to get them on the phone since they were closed. I had to send in the claim myself which one of the operators told me was just fine since they were closed during the time of the repair. Now a month later and 5 phone calls later on my part I am told that they are not covering the repair.

First they told me that claims manager Dan ** said that since it was not a "catastrophic breakdown" that it did not have to be covered. I don't remember ever seeing that in any of my contracts. Then when I told him that none of my claims over the period of 10 years was "catastrophic" and all were covered no problem. Even the ones that I had to send in myself and all were covered without question. Then the story changed, then it was well you had other work done at the same time. They did an inspection and the coil was changed so you could pass inspection and that is not considered a "breakdown". Well the vehicle was brought in for a hesitation on acceleration which was later found to be because of a bad ignition coil. Sounds like a breakdown to me. While it was there I said I am almost due for an oil change and tire rotation might as well do that too.

Then the mechanic told me your inspection is up in a week or so should I do it? Yes I said. Then the female operator from the claims dept told me that since it is called "Dicks service station" it is not a mechanics shop it's a service station and they only pay for work done at a mechanics shop. Can you believe this **??? I even offered to pay for the labor for replacing the coil and they could just pay for the part. They said that since the mechanic didn't tell the prior to fixing the car (ON A DAY THAT THEY WERE CLOSED AND DID NOT ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN MECHANIC CALLED) that they will not cover the repair.

When I called to file the claim they told me that since they were closed at the time of repair I am fine to send it in myself. I am completely disgusted with this company. I have faxed/emailed in claims under the exact same circumstances in the past for 2 different vehicles and had no problems. I guess since I was towards the end of my warranty and I was not renewing it and I didn't have any other vehicles to buy a new warranty they no longer had any use for a long time customer. Sad, very sad business practice. Will never use them again and will never recommend them again.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I only had coverage for 20 days. They said I can cancel in 30 days and get my money back. HOWEVER, they want notarized paperwork of the mileage and another application of why you're canceling. I never used this nor will I ever. I just want my money back and nothing else to do with them. Do yourselves a favor and ask your dealership about warranties.

Original review: July 20, 2017

At 1st Warranty Direct was pretty good at paying my claims... Mind you, I only had to make a claim for water pump and alternator. They paid the claims (Well they tried to deny the alternator claim stating that a piece inside of the alternator that was making it fail should be fixed... but the piece is not repairable. I got someone else on the line and they paid for it). Fast forward to today, my contract expires on July 26 and on July 19 I took my car in for a water pump. The service manager called me to tell me that the claim was denied as it expired on June 26. I called in, and they are stating that they have to send it to underwriting to remove some erroneous code. I now feel like they are stalling so that my contract will expire and they will be off the hook. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I will have to get my lawyer involved. EXTREMELY UNHAPPY.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I purchase my warranty from Warranty Direct for like $2,200 for my 2006 Dodge Magnum. Warranty Direct promise I'll take care of everything. This is the best plan to have. The brakes and repairs on vehicles broke. The first time I rebuilt it and then they wouldn't cover it, so I had to go buy another engine. But because the new engine has its own warranty, they refuse to cover any warranty work on it sticking me with the overtime labor charges. They both pay the dealers labor and that's her Joyce and Quan.

Don't ever go to this company. They will scam you. Like the other guy said put the money in first in savings and order something else because these people are thieves. They promise you the world over the phone then laugh at you when you try and claim service. They should be in jail for thievery. They're stealing from you. Give them your money and they will treat you like a piece of garbage. You can't argue with them. They say no management to talk to. Run away from them.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Total RIP OFF. Please stay away. I purchased a warranty for my daughter-in-law 45 days ago. My car was a Buick Rendezvous 2002 with 48,277 miles on it. Received car from my mother who is 92 and has not used car much in 15 years. Car was perfect. After 45 days driving car had some problems. Car would not start. Jumped it. Car ran fine. Next day went to have checked. They told me battery was bad so paid $120. Bought new battery. Perfect. Solved starting problems.

Few days later making loud noise. Took it to dealer to scan. They told me needed wheel bearings which are covered under my warranty. Repair shop spent 9 hours on phone to reach claim people. Always busy. Took 5 days to reach person that told me they were refunding my money and would not pay. Stay away. Save yourself trouble. Really is a RIP off company. STAY AWAY. NOT GOOD. STAY AWAY. There is not a person on phone you can talk with. TO BE HONEST I THINK IT'S A GIANT IN WARRANTY FRAUD COMPANY.

Original review: May 7, 2017

My fiancé purchased this warranty and had a great experience when signing up. Of course that is how they get you. He was told that he was purchasing the premium plan and we would basically receive bumper to bumper coverage with the exception of the transmission. It was advised, if there is ever an issue to have the service center check everything, that way if there are any other issues it can all be taken care of at one time under one deductible payment.

When we turned in our car for A/C issues and called to get the status we were told, we did not have A/C coverage. This was a specific question asked before purchase. Our vehicle has front and rear A/C, and we live in TX - A/C is much needed. There was a delay in getting things started because that has us in the system as basic coverage, even though we had been paying for the premier. Someone did figure this out and corrected the type of plan we opted for. HOWEVER they were denying basically all but 2 parts to be fixed. Everything the service center found was listed in our contract as being covered with the exception of 3 actuators. I am fine and understand that these are truly not covered parts.

Our vehicle sat at the service center for FIVE weeks taken apart because Warranty Direct dragged their feet. We were told in week one that a request for an inspector had been processed. This person would go to the service center to determine what cause the problem. I was given a time frame on 24-48 hours that this should be completed. Week THREE I was told the same thing again with them denying having ever said this during week one. With this being another lie they have told, I told them to go review the call from that specific date. I also requested copies of all of our recorded calls. Of course, they are not allowed to do that, for privacy reasons. Whose privacy??

Between my fiancé and I we probably called in about 20 different occasions, which they had less than half of noted in the system. Our service advisor from Buick (who was amazing) called in multiple times himself. Because of all the different things he was told, he started calling from his personal cell phone and recording the calls. With him having at least three recorded calls on his phone Warranty Direct made the claim that our service advisor had NEVER called in... that is why everything took so long.

We eventually reported them to the Better Business Bureau and they were given a deadline to respond by May 2nd, which they did not. They did respond however on May 4th which just so happens to be the day our service center received minimal payment to fix a control arm and one other part that still did not fix our A/C. They responded with a "This claim has been paid. The customer's concerns have been addressed and we request this complaint be closed". WRONG! I was without my vehicle for over FIVE weeks and went to pick it up with the A/C still not working. Warranty Direct says that this issue was pre-existing. I was told by two separate customer service reps that the inspection report specifically stated, "No indication this is a pre-existing condition". We requested a copy of the inspection report to see why they could have denied paying this claim. They refuse to make this available to us. We are now looking into taking legal action.

Original review: May 5, 2017
Big rip off!!! Don't get. My transmission light came on, Warranty Direct told me take to Aamco, I did. I was covered for transmission. I had 190000 miles was good 'till 223000. They denied claim. I ask why. They said they don't cover because it wore out and stopped working [What! You kidding]. Isn't that why I bought it?

PEOPLE DON'T BUY. WHEN YOU NEED THEM THEY'RE NOT THERE FOR YOU. Left me hanging. 6000 dollar repair that was covered they won't pay.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I purchased a warranty for my car in 2015 through Warranty Direct. The car had approximately 146,000 miles on it and the warranty was to last 5 years or for an additional 100,000 miles, whichever happened first. So far they have only done $909 worth of repairs on my car. My car went to the shop a few weeks ago for transmission issues. I was not worried because I had the warranty, or so I thought. Warranty direct has taken me through a lot of changes trying to get my transmission fixed. One in particular that may cost me out of pocket anywhere from $1,000 - $3500, which makes no sense because my I was only to pay $100 per issue, so how did it turn out that I would owe that much money and they wouldn't fix my car?

I am reporting them to the better business bureau. I opted to cancel my warranty and was told I was due a refund. Today a representative calls me and says that I am not due a refund. He left that information on my voicemail. I call back and as usual you cannot get a supervisor and they representatives call are to tell you that a supervisor will call you back in 24-48 hours and of course no one ever calls back. Horrible customer service, false advertising, varying information, and not a reputable company. DON'T BUY FROM THEM. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: April 12, 2017

Paid 2500 for a useless warranty. The selling point that made me purchase through Warranty Direct was "Luxury Electrical" which by owning a BMW would be great to have because the car is so sensitive. Well my radio and parking brake went out. Needless to say they fixed neither issue. THESE PEOPLE ARE A RIPOFF. DON'T PURCHASE THEIR WARRANTY. They always say, "Read your contract," which you don't get until you've started paying. So I paid 2500 for warranty and have 4k in repairs so basically I'm out of 6k.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I dropped my vehicle off for repairs. It needed amongst other repairs new wheel bearings and a water pump. These were covered but the company will they will only supply aftermarket parts that are not of the same quality as the original parts. When I asked if they would pay the shop what they would spent on the aftermarket parts and let me put the parts on that I wanted they denied my claim. It was either put the cheap aftermarket parts on or nothing. This is the second vehicle that I purchased coverage for and I have struggled with both vehicles on getting them to honor the contracts. I would suggest that anyone thinking about buying coverage from this company to put the money in a savings account and go without a contract. You will be better off in the long run.

Original review: March 22, 2017

This company is a rip-off, I paid around $3,000. For an extended warranty. I never needed it until 3 years after purchasing the warranty and I was denied for coverage of a intake manifold that needed to be replaced. They stated it was carbon build up, RIP OFF.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I purchased Warranty Direct because I recently bought a 2010 Camaro. Waited the waiting period, my check light comes on timing chain very common with this car. They denied the repairs due to a pre existing problem they say. Which all used cars have pre existing problem we don't know of that's why you get a warranty to have peace of mind. Then you can't speak to no one in claims or supervisor like they are god or something. This company is a complete rip off and then they had nerve to say I had 30 days to cancel but why would I cancel if I have no signs of problems with the car.

And anyone who reads my review and you see a good review. Notice they don't say what's wrong with their car they just say warranty direct covered cost so that should tell you they are paying people to write review to sucker people into buying this warranty. SO PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE WARRANTY DIRECT. THEY WILL NOT COVER ANY MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH CAR. DON'T GET SUCKER INTO IT.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Stay away from buying any coverage package from Warranty Direct. Sure they will cover the easy stuff like window switches and starters but when you really need them they leave you high and dry. I had a cam and lifter go out on my motor and they say the cause of failure was because of normal wear. Seriously!!!! When do motors start going out a little after 100k miles. Normal wear yeah right. Normal wear are belts and tires. So I guess it's normal for an engine to start knocking. ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!! THEY WILL NOT HELP WHEN YOU REALLY NEED IT!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I went on the Warranty Direct website to get a quote for an extended warranty on my new used car I had just purchased. I never finished filling out the online form on the website when I decided against using them based on reviews online. I have been receiving no less than dozens of calls per week for all different kinds of warranty scam artists as well as calls and voicemails from Warranty Direct to call them back about a quote. These people are total scam artists who get your info, try to milk you out of thousands for a warranty and then sell off all your info that you give them to other telemarketers who spam your phone non stop.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

My son just bought his first car, an early 2000 Nissan Maxima. He was thrilled and we as parents wanted to make sure he had a warranty for a car - his 12 year old car. We did the 30 day/1000 mile waiting period. Then we took it in for a diagnostic service appointment. They found something serviceable and so they called Warranty Direct to authorize payment for the repair. Of course, given that we were beyond the 30 day/1,000 mile warranty period we felt confident that the warranty that we already paid the premium for was going to work seamlessly, especially since we read so many positive customer service reviews online before purchasing the warranty. The next thing I know The Nissan dealership calls me back and tells me that the warranty repair claim has been denied by Warranty Direct. When I ask them why they tell me that my warranty has lapsed because I have not made a payment and therefore they cannot pay for the service.

I explain to them that simply is not the case especially since I have a monthly payment plan. They check it out and called me back and told me I was right but that they still had to deny the repair. Again, I asked for the rationale, and they tell me that it's because I have a "failure prior to the warranty period" (i.e. Pre-existing condition). I asked how they determined that. The lady I spoke with indicated she was simply a customer service rep and that she does not make decisions about claims. I asked to speak to the claims department and she said claims does not speak directly to customers. I said, "Well let me speak with your supervisor." She said, "I will relay your message to my supervisor because managers don't talk to clients." I asked her what my options were at this point and she said "well all claims decisions are final." She said she could talk with the supervisor once again and call me back.

She called me back to explain that the decision was final and if I wanted to pursue this further I would have to go through legal arbitration. I asked her once again what the reason was for the claim denial and she repeated the same phrase about a mechanical "failure prior to the claim period". She could not explain how she made that determination but that the claim decision was final. I explained that this was unfair. I did my part. I waited 30 days and 1,000 miles. I paid the premium. Now they have a responsibility to honor their part of the bargain. There was no resolution. In fact she hung up on me mid-sentence. Her name is Shelese. Now I am forced to get a lawyer and sue or fight to get my money back and walk away.

BUYER BEWARE: DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY FROM WARRANTY DIRECT. They are a rip-off. They make promises they don't keep. They do not honor their warranties. Now my son is stuck paying for an expensive repair and meanwhile his car is parked. What a wonderful way for him to experience his very 1st car. Way to go Warranty Direct!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I've been looking to get an extended auto warranty so I called around different companies. I didn’t really like what they were saying but with Warranty Direct, all was right. Aside from the price, everything seemed easy to sign up for and there was no pressure. It's a good company so far, and everything seems cool.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

When I was looking for extended warranties, I saw cheaper ones but I didn’t know too much about them. I had to go with something that I had positive response from. And since my friend never had a problem with Warranty Direct, particularly Premier plan, I decided to get it. The few interactions I had with their reps were good. I recently filed a claim and it went smoothly. My mechanic dealt with them and he said they were very much easy to deal with. In fact, he was very impressed compared to the rest of the warranty companies that he dealt with. It was great and I very much appreciated the way they handled everything.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Got an extended warranty for my car through Warranty Direct since it was such a good deal. It’s just like trading in my car – of course it took the price down. But with the warranty that they offered at the time of purchase, the price just went back up. Since we have a friend that’s a Ford mechanic at the time, we thought that he’ll take care of us. I did a comparison with companies and the others weren’t giving me the miles I needed. Warranty Direct was more fair as far as being able to go where I want to take it and so we got bumper-to-bumper coverage from them.

Their reps were all very nice. At the time I was seeking, I was very busy between my job and picking up more work for my husband's business so we said that we'd better get a warranty. My stepdaughter is getting married too. But Warranty Direct kept in touch with me and answered my questions as I thought about them. They didn’t pressure me because I told them that I comparison-shopped.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I've purchased 2 separate Extended Car Warranties for the same vehicle from this company. I purchased the first warranty in 2009 when my vehicle (2007 Nissan Frontier NISMO) had 30,000 miles for $1,500. The coverage on this warranty has in force for 5 yrs or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. I had a few repairs under this warranty and was generally happy with the company. The cost of the repairs would have been slightly higher than the cost of the warranty. It turned out to be a financial wash but I enjoyed the peace of mind.

When that contract expired, I was contacted by the company and asked if I would like to purchase another Warranty to cover the vehicle for another 5 years or 100,000 miles. We reviewed the cost of the repairs from the previous warranty and what I had paid for the coverage. After some discussion I decided that purchasing another warranty would be wise. My vehicle is getting older and I did plan on keeping it for some time.

The second warranty was purchased in 2014 and the vehicle now had 99,000 miles. Purchase price was $1,900. Again, I had no complaints about the company at this time, but that was about to change. I submitted my first claim in March of 2015. The issue was related to my AC. The covered items are listed in the contract and I was told the failed part in question was not a covered component. I didn't dispute - my experience with the company had been positive up to this point (I am asking for additional detail as to what had failed so I can double check against the contract).

My next claim occurred in November of 2016 (mileage was at 133,000 - well within the warranty parameters). Two separate issues this time. The first issue was the secondary timing chain tensioners (sometimes called guides or shoes). The issue is the component (guide) has worn thru and the timing chain is in direct contact with the tensioner shaft. After some research, it appears this is a somewhat common failure on VQ40 Engines and other Nissan vehicles.

The timing chain systems are prone to premature failure, before the end of the useful life of the vehicles, and well before consumers reasonably expect any such failure to occur. This presents a serious safety issue and places the driver and passengers at a risk of harm. The Timing Chain Systems form an integral component of the Subject Nissan Vehicles engines. When they fail, they can cause a variety of problems, including the inability of the vehicles to accelerate and maintain speed, as well as catastrophic engine failure, among other issues.

The second issue was a split engine mount. The engine mount is the part that holds the engine to the body of the vehicle. This is usually comprised of heavy duty rubber and in the Arizona heat, they are prone to failure. The covered components for the Engine are listed as ENGINE. (a) The following lubricated internal parts: pistons, pins & rings, connecting rods & bearings; crankshaft & main bearings; camshaft, followers & cam bearings; push rods, valves, springs, replaceable guides, seats & lifters; rocker arms, shafts & bushings; timing gear, chain, tensioners & retainers; eccentric shaft; oil pump.

(b) Timing belt; serpentine belt; Water pump: Impeller shaft, bearings, bushings & housing; intake & exhaust manifolds; engine mounts & cushions; engine torque strut; harmonic balancer; flywheel (flex plate) & flywheel ring gear; mechanical fuel pump; fuel sending unit; dipstick & tube; all pulleys. (c) All lubricated internal parts of the vehicle manufacturer installed turbocharger or supercharger. The housing is covered ONLY if damaged by the Failure of a lubricated internal part. (d) Engine head(s); engine block; cylinder barrels; timing cover; valve cover(s); oil pan; dipstick & tube, ONLY if damaged by the Failure of a lubricated internal part.

I was informed that the claim was denied due to wear or tear (I take this to mean that the failed parts are considered a covered part and they are explicitly listed in the components above). The applicable clause in the contract is listed below. Failure is defined as a Failure of a defective part or faulty workmanship as supplied by the Manufacturer or Dealer, but does not include gradual reduction in operating performance due to wear or tear or damage resulting from Failure of non-covered parts.

Remember, I purchased this Warranty when my vehicle was 7 yrs old and 100,000 miles. Every single component on this vehicle will have some wear or tear on it. To deny a claim based upon is simply wrong in every aspect of honesty and trustworthiness. Neither component I submitted for coverage was a wearable part where one would expect to replace during the life of the vehicle. The fact that the part has worn (or split) is indicative of failure.

I have called the company on several occasions asking for another review of the determination. The Service Department at the dealership has also called several times asking to speak to someone in authority. My attempts always end up with the Customer Service Reps who are only capable of reading notes to me from the inspector but they have no authority to escalate or resolve an issue. I'm told by the Service Department this type of repair is routinely authorized by other warranty companies.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I know Mercedes to be a good brand, but the worst when it comes to customer service and have very high prices for repair. My factory warranty was over, and I didn't want to get a Mercedes factory warranty because I love the car, but I don't like the dealership's service attitude and everything else. I have tried three dealerships, and they lie and rip me off all the time. I was looking for something that I can use in other certified services, who knows how to repair Mercedes, so I got Warranty Direct. Their customer service was very good. They sold me the product that's an additional insurance for my car in case of an accident or if something goes wrong, and as far as selling and getting the product, everything went very smooth. I am highly satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I have a 10-year-old vehicle and it will eventually be for my son so I wanted to have a little peace of mind and got an extended coverage for the vehicle. I went for Warranty Direct because they've been established a long time. There's a lot of fly-by-night operations and Warranty Direct seems to have a good reputation. Their customer service team was very helpful. The warranty isn't even active yet because I'm still in the waiting period but so far, it's good.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Warranty Direct has not paid a legitimate claim on the 2004 Infiniti i35 that is my son's car. My wife and I paid for this coverage and they have put many obstacles in the way of our trusted mechanic of many years. The oil pump in the car failed and when the oil light came on we took it immediately to our mechanic. He determined that there was enough damage that the engine needed replaced. He called Warranty Direct and they required him to remove and take the engine apart at our expense before they would discuss any coverage with him at the cost of over $2000. We let him do it thinking that they would at least pay for it later. Then after he did they sent an inspector who said (I was there and this is a direct quote) "well how can I tell if the oil pump doesn't work with the engine apart"! Then when I called to inquire if they were going to pay the claim they said that my mechanic was not cooperative. NOT TRUE.

Then they said they needed another part taken out, so again we agreed to have it do it our expense. Then he heard nothing. Again, they said that they were waiting for my mechanic. We rented a car while he just replaced the engine keeping the old engine at his shop. We are now $4000 in this and Warranty Direct has not even the courtesy to tell us what is going on. My mechanic called them last Friday in my presence and was told that they would be sending another inspector, but have not yet done that. These people are abject thieves! I am now seeking legal counsel and will be suing for treble damages in Massachusetts courts. My lawyer has spoken to my mechanic, who gave him records of all of his calls to Warranty Direct and their responses as well as video and audio recording of their inspector's visit to his shop, and says we will have great case against them. TRUE THIEVES.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I picked up a vehicle that I didn’t know anything about so I purchased an extended warranty for it. Everything went well with Warranty Direct's customer service team. They made things easy, they were prompt in their response and provided the information that I needed.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

Our vehicle's warranty was running out. It was a leased vehicle and we decided to purchase the car and wanted to have protection. I read various reviews online of the different companies that offered the extended warranties and Warranty Direct seemed to have the most comprehensive coverage at the best price. Their customer service is competent and efficient.

Warranty Direct Company Information