Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.65/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Charlotte, NC

Warranty Direct has been a leader in the extended auto warranty industry for over 30 years. Our unique approach of "customers first" is what makes our business so successful and has earned us many awards, including a Forbes Top 200 company.

Our philosophy of "customers first" is made up of characteristics such as: proven reliability, financial stability, nationwide licensing/registrations and unmatched customer service. All of our claims are handled in-house so you can feel confident that your claim will be completed quickly and with the utmost care. Call today for a quote!

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Warranty Direct Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

The A/C stopped working on my Dodge so I took it to a local repair shop. They determined it was the condenser and called Warranty Direct. I expected WD would say it wasn't covered or nitpick the charges. To my surprise, WD approved the entire bill and I drove away that afternoon and didn't pay a dime of the $700+ invoice! Thanks, Warranty Direct!

Original review: April 30, 2019

I find it funny that the 5 star reviews are from people who have not used the warranty but like the price they got for it! I imagine the 5 stars will go to 1 star once they actually have to use it. I purchased what I thought was a great warranty but as soon as I had the need to file a claim the trouble started. The oil light came on in our vehicle when we were 3 hours from home and late at night. We limped it home and got it to the shop as soon as we could. Warranty Direct was contacted and our vehicle sat in the shop for weeks. They made us jump through all sorts of hoops and said the problem was neglect on our part and refused to pay. We changed our own oil, which they knew when I bought the warranty and said that wouldn't be a problem. We had to provide receipts and in the end they said this wasn't proof that we had done the work. Total scam!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2019

This company is a total ripoff. They take your money and offer nothing in return. I was sold a policy and find it is worthless. Paid a lot of money for nothing. I would rather have donated it to charity.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I had a Warranty Direct warranty on my son’s car. They looked for everything to not pay. The issue I had was clearly covered and we were told the shop that was working on our car did not call in the problem and they changed it and said they did not call in the specific problem. Which one was it? The shop that worked on the car had nothing to gain be calling in the wrong issue. I would not recommend any policy, but if you buy one do not buy the one from Warranty Direct.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Do not buy a warranty from Warranty Direct. When you make a claim, they make it so difficult for you, that you end up paying for the repairs. Read their contract before you waste your money. I paid for a warranty for over a year and now I have pay for my transmission.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warranty Direct?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Do not waste your money with this company. They are garbage! They will rip you off. The company does not talk to their own departments and end up dropping you without even letting you know. You find out when you put a claim. Then they flat out LIE about a refund and play dumb when you call to complain. Save your money and go somewhere else. WARRANTY DIRECT will rip you off!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

In November of 2017, I purchased the Premier Advantage Coverage for my 2009 BMW. Almost a year later in early November 2018, I took my car to the shop and turns out they need to replace two parts that are clearly covered per my contract. (Yes, I read most of it and since it is in PDF format, it is easy to do a search on keywords.) However, the Warranty Direct claims department told my shop they were NOT covered. So I called and they said they made an "innocent" mistake and that they were using a different contract to review my claim, for some strange reason. I had to email my real contract to the customer service rep (something I should not have had to do) and he quickly saw that the two parts were indeed covered! Within the hour, they called my shop and authorized the work.

If I were someone who does not complain or just takes no for an answer easily, it would have been about $1,600 out of my pocket! I simply do not believe that this was an innocent mistake. I think they deny claims on purpose with the hope that customers will just say "OK." Since I have already invested heavily in this warranty, I have not canceled it. But sometimes I think I'm going to regret not dropping them now and finding a better one (if there is one).

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

In my opinion I must say that I would never recommend this company. Truck breaks down, shop will not call Warranty Direct as they do not work with them. I filed a claim and it was denied. Reason: Shop didn't call in repair. How can they call in if they don't work with them? STUPID? All this company wants is your money. In my opinion I would stay away from them. Save your money and pay for your own repairs. Customer service is rude and no help at all.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I had heard about bad reviews and mentioned it to sales rep, he stated fake reviews. This is no fake review. This company is a SCAM COMPANY. They have monthly debited my checking account for some time and I thought maybe the sales rep was correct and calling them Fake Reviews. THEY ARE NOT FAKE REVIEWS, THEY ARE REAL. My car experience a breakdown and I call in, the call center told to get car home. I called the dealership and was informed they could not get to my car for 5 days. I needed my car that weekend for a trip. I took it to the my local shop and call in and spoke to a rep. She took my info down and informed to send in repair bill. Sent the bill "certified mail" and waited for a month. After a month of no response, I was informed bill denied because shop has not call in. I told the rep that I have followed rep instruction. They still denied. CANCELED MY POLICY TODAY.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My 2009 Mercedes GL450 is under a currently active extended warranty. While up on the rack for routine maintenance at my local Mercedes Dealership, items that ARE covered under the warranty were found to be in need of immediate repair (power steering pump being one of the items for an example). Mercedes will not deal with any outside company but I knew that I was at a licensed dealer which is required. Repairs were made per Mercedes specification and I submitted the claim. No response from Warranty Direct until after two emails I followed up by phone. The claim was denied because Mercedes did not call to open a case in the moment. Nothing was wrong with the claim being from a licensed dealership or that the items were not covered both were, but because of no phone call they took thousands for the policy but paid nothing!

Warranty Direct expert review by Lauren Fix

Offers 6 different extended warranty plans. Handles all claims in-house. All plans come with roadside assistance, car rental reimbursement, trip interruption protection and unlimited number of claims.

• Plan Choices: They offer six different extended vehicle plans. Warranty Direct is licensed and registered to do business in all 50 states.

• Benefits: Free roadside assistance, car rental reimbursement, trip interruption protection and unlimited number of claims.

• Car rental reimbursement: When calling in for a repair claim, alternative transportation can be made available. Paying rental car costs can add up quickly, so reimbursement for these expenses might offer big savings.

• Lower costs on newer cars: Price is determined by the age and condition of the vehicle, so buying an extended warranty at the same time as a vehicle locks in the lowest price and gives buyers added peace of mind.

• One point of contact: You'll only deal with one company. They manage their own vehicle repair claims and perform their own customer service so you can deal with the same expert team every time.

• Office hours: 24-hour customer service helps customers look for a nearby service center for convenience.

• Best for: New car owners, used car owners, busy families and high-mileage drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
      Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Warranty Direct Company Information