toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Warranty Direct

Marcia, our Warranty Direct team would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. It’s never just about the sale; it’s about providing peace of mind to consumers that drives us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and your car warranty needs. Enjoy the journey ahead!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

As a consumer, who used Warranty Direct services to protected my vehicle during the time I needed extra protection, I can attest that the company has always delivered. I can say that they always stood by their promise to protect the vehicle for the duration of the contract. I give them a thumbs up!

Hi Zia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. At Warranty Direct, we want to be so much more than just an extended warranty provider and we are so glad to hear about your positive experience. Safe driving and enjoy the journey ahead!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

A lot cheaper to buy from Warranty Direct instead of dealer. With very good coverage. Never had any issue in filing claim. Excellent customer service and in contract pretty much everything is covered are listed in detail. Very happy with my decision and definitely would recommend to others.

Hi Martha,

Our Warranty Direct team would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are grateful that you have been a customer for so long. It’s never just about the sale; it’s about providing peace of mind to consumers that drives us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and your car warranty needs. Enjoy the journey ahead!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

I used Warranty Direct for my 2000 Olds Alero when the manufacturer warranty no longer covered bumper to bumper. I bought and used WD service a few times at the dealer and also my local garage. There was never a problem getting the work done and paid for by either of them. I also extended the warranty when my first Warranty expired. When my second warranty expired that was when I decided to buy a new vehicle. I now have a Hyundai Santa Fe and I am the original owner. It is seven years old and once again have recently returned to Warranty Direct to help me keep my car for as long as I can without the worry of a huge mechanic's bill should my aging car fail for any reason. It gives me peace of mind and comfort like I am driving a brand new car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been looking to get an extended auto warranty so I called around different companies. I didn’t really like what they were saying but with Warranty Direct, all was right. Aside from the price, everything seemed easy to sign up for and there was no pressure. It's a good company so far, and everything seems cool.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was looking for extended warranties, I saw cheaper ones but I didn’t know too much about them. I had to go with something that I had positive response from. And since my friend never had a problem with Warranty Direct, particularly Premier plan, I decided to get it. The few interactions I had with their reps were good. I recently filed a claim and it went smoothly. My mechanic dealt with them and he said they were very much easy to deal with. In fact, he was very impressed compared to the rest of the warranty companies that he dealt with. It was great and I very much appreciated the way they handled everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warranty Direct?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Got an extended warranty for my car through Warranty Direct since it was such a good deal. It’s just like trading in my car – of course it took the price down. But with the warranty that they offered at the time of purchase, the price just went back up. Since we have a friend that’s a Ford mechanic at the time, we thought that he’ll take care of us. I did a comparison with companies and the others weren’t giving me the miles I needed. Warranty Direct was more fair as far as being able to go where I want to take it and so we got bumper-to-bumper coverage from them.

Their reps were all very nice. At the time I was seeking, I was very busy between my job and picking up more work for my husband's business so we said that we'd better get a warranty. My stepdaughter is getting married too. But Warranty Direct kept in touch with me and answered my questions as I thought about them. They didn’t pressure me because I told them that I comparison-shopped.

I've purchased 2 separate Extended Car Warranties for the same vehicle from this company. I purchased the first warranty in 2009 when my vehicle (2007 Nissan Frontier NISMO) had 30,000 miles for $1,500. The coverage on this warranty has in force for 5 yrs or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. I had a few repairs under this warranty and was generally happy with the company. The cost of the repairs would have been slightly higher than the cost of the warranty. It turned out to be a financial wash but I enjoyed the peace of mind.

When that contract expired, I was contacted by the company and asked if I would like to purchase another Warranty to cover the vehicle for another 5 years or 100,000 miles. We reviewed the cost of the repairs from the previous warranty and what I had paid for the coverage. After some discussion I decided that purchasing another warranty would be wise. My vehicle is getting older and I did plan on keeping it for some time.

The second warranty was purchased in 2014 and the vehicle now had 99,000 miles. Purchase price was $1,900. Again, I had no complaints about the company at this time, but that was about to change. I submitted my first claim in March of 2015. The issue was related to my AC. The covered items are listed in the contract and I was told the failed part in question was not a covered component. I didn't dispute - my experience with the company had been positive up to this point (I am asking for additional detail as to what had failed so I can double check against the contract).

My next claim occurred in November of 2016 (mileage was at 133,000 - well within the warranty parameters). Two separate issues this time. The first issue was the secondary timing chain tensioners (sometimes called guides or shoes). The issue is the component (guide) has worn thru and the timing chain is in direct contact with the tensioner shaft. After some research, it appears this is a somewhat common failure on VQ40 Engines and other Nissan vehicles.

The timing chain systems are prone to premature failure, before the end of the useful life of the vehicles, and well before consumers reasonably expect any such failure to occur. This presents a serious safety issue and places the driver and passengers at a risk of harm. The Timing Chain Systems form an integral component of the Subject Nissan Vehicles engines. When they fail, they can cause a variety of problems, including the inability of the vehicles to accelerate and maintain speed, as well as catastrophic engine failure, among other issues.

The second issue was a split engine mount. The engine mount is the part that holds the engine to the body of the vehicle. This is usually comprised of heavy duty rubber and in the Arizona heat, they are prone to failure. The covered components for the Engine are listed as ENGINE. (a) The following lubricated internal parts: pistons, pins & rings, connecting rods & bearings; crankshaft & main bearings; camshaft, followers & cam bearings; push rods, valves, springs, replaceable guides, seats & lifters; rocker arms, shafts & bushings; timing gear, chain, tensioners & retainers; eccentric shaft; oil pump.

(b) Timing belt; serpentine belt; Water pump: Impeller shaft, bearings, bushings & housing; intake & exhaust manifolds; engine mounts & cushions; engine torque strut; harmonic balancer; flywheel (flex plate) & flywheel ring gear; mechanical fuel pump; fuel sending unit; dipstick & tube; all pulleys. (c) All lubricated internal parts of the vehicle manufacturer installed turbocharger or supercharger. The housing is covered ONLY if damaged by the Failure of a lubricated internal part. (d) Engine head(s); engine block; cylinder barrels; timing cover; valve cover(s); oil pan; dipstick & tube, ONLY if damaged by the Failure of a lubricated internal part.

I was informed that the claim was denied due to wear or tear (I take this to mean that the failed parts are considered a covered part and they are explicitly listed in the components above). The applicable clause in the contract is listed below. Failure is defined as a Failure of a defective part or faulty workmanship as supplied by the Manufacturer or Dealer, but does not include gradual reduction in operating performance due to wear or tear or damage resulting from Failure of non-covered parts.

Remember, I purchased this Warranty when my vehicle was 7 yrs old and 100,000 miles. Every single component on this vehicle will have some wear or tear on it. To deny a claim based upon is simply wrong in every aspect of honesty and trustworthiness. Neither component I submitted for coverage was a wearable part where one would expect to replace during the life of the vehicle. The fact that the part has worn (or split) is indicative of failure.

I have called the company on several occasions asking for another review of the determination. The Service Department at the dealership has also called several times asking to speak to someone in authority. My attempts always end up with the Customer Service Reps who are only capable of reading notes to me from the inspector but they have no authority to escalate or resolve an issue. I'm told by the Service Department this type of repair is routinely authorized by other warranty companies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I know Mercedes to be a good brand, but the worst when it comes to customer service and have very high prices for repair. My factory warranty was over, and I didn't want to get a Mercedes factory warranty because I love the car, but I don't like the dealership's service attitude and everything else. I have tried three dealerships, and they lie and rip me off all the time. I was looking for something that I can use in other certified services, who knows how to repair Mercedes, so I got Warranty Direct. Their customer service was very good. They sold me the product that's an additional insurance for my car in case of an accident or if something goes wrong, and as far as selling and getting the product, everything went very smooth. I am highly satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a 10-year-old vehicle and it will eventually be for my son so I wanted to have a little peace of mind and got an extended coverage for the vehicle. I went for Warranty Direct because they've been established a long time. There's a lot of fly-by-night operations and Warranty Direct seems to have a good reputation. Their customer service team was very helpful. The warranty isn't even active yet because I'm still in the waiting period but so far, it's good.

Warranty Direct has not paid a legitimate claim on the 2004 Infiniti i35 that is my son's car. My wife and I paid for this coverage and they have put many obstacles in the way of our trusted mechanic of many years. The oil pump in the car failed and when the oil light came on we took it immediately to our mechanic. He determined that there was enough damage that the engine needed replaced. He called Warranty Direct and they required him to remove and take the engine apart at our expense before they would discuss any coverage with him at the cost of over $2000. We let him do it thinking that they would at least pay for it later. Then after he did they sent an inspector who said (I was there and this is a direct quote) "well how can I tell if the oil pump doesn't work with the engine apart"! Then when I called to inquire if they were going to pay the claim they said that my mechanic was not cooperative. NOT TRUE.

Then they said they needed another part taken out, so again we agreed to have it do it our expense. Then he heard nothing. Again, they said that they were waiting for my mechanic. We rented a car while he just replaced the engine keeping the old engine at his shop. We are now $4000 in this and Warranty Direct has not even the courtesy to tell us what is going on. My mechanic called them last Friday in my presence and was told that they would be sending another inspector, but have not yet done that. These people are abject thieves! I am now seeking legal counsel and will be suing for treble damages in Massachusetts courts. My lawyer has spoken to my mechanic, who gave him records of all of his calls to Warranty Direct and their responses as well as video and audio recording of their inspector's visit to his shop, and says we will have great case against them. TRUE THIEVES.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I picked up a vehicle that I didn’t know anything about so I purchased an extended warranty for it. Everything went well with Warranty Direct's customer service team. They made things easy, they were prompt in their response and provided the information that I needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our vehicle's warranty was running out. It was a leased vehicle and we decided to purchase the car and wanted to have protection. I read various reviews online of the different companies that offered the extended warranties and Warranty Direct seemed to have the most comprehensive coverage at the best price. Their customer service is competent and efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a used car and Warranty Direct was the only one that covered the car that had its 180,000 miles or more. The customer service rep answered everything perfectly. I've been with them two months now and I'd recommend them to a friend. However, I was waiting for a package pamphlet in the mail. She said that one was going to get sent, but I never got one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The reps from Warranty Direct were very knowledgeable and professional. My experience with them has been good so far. I don’t really have any complaints and I haven't used the warranty yet. But as far as the initial customer service, I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My warranty went out on my car so I purchased an extended warranty. Warranty Direct contacted me back in a decent amount of time and the lady that I spoke with was very helpful and nice. I had a really good experience overall, and I gave them the number for my aunt to call so that she can get a policy from them as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been trying to use my vehicle for an extended period of time and have been looking for some time for an extended coverage after my warranty period is over. Warranty Direct gave me a good quotation. The company is also directly supported by Progressive Insurance with whom I have almost all my policies with. Warranty Direct's customer service reps explained almost everything to me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a Cadillac and I know repairs are really expensive so I got an extended coverage policy for it. The Warranty Direct salesman was excellent, but when I called the office, their people had a really hard time getting me in contact with him because I didn't want to buy any other warranty except through him. It was difficult but that salesman was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a nice car with 81,000 miles on it but I'm not in a position where I can shell out a lot of money for repairs if they're needed. That's why I purchased Warranty Direct. I tried getting ahold of the guy that sold me the warranty, Tom, on Tuesday to do the claim but have not received a call from him at all. What I did was I gave my service advisor over at Mercedes all my stuff from Warranty Direct. He would handle it and I wouldn't have to worry about anything. But Warranty Direct was being really rude to my service advisor. They told him that I was the one that was supposed to call, make the claim and prove all that. My car is still in the shop right now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Warranty Direct on my other car for several years and they did a good job so when my vehicle had 9000 miles on it, I got them too. The customer service team explained the different packages very well. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the claims process had been good. The only difficulty I had wasn't their fault. The car service company replaced an alternator without calling Warranty Direct to get it pre-authorized so Warranty wouldn't pay for it. And for a time, the service car company would not pay for it so I was sitting there with a $600 bill but they paid when I threatened to take them to small claims court. Warranty Direct has so far covered things that they were supposed to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a used vehicle and wanted to have some coverage. Warranty Direct has a wide range of coverage and acceptance among the dealers. The customer service team was informative and very good at answering all my queries so I was satisfied. I got their most costly plan. They have been good in dealing with that one and hopefully I'll get what I'm paying for when the time comes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a Mercedes and with this type of vehicle, there's no way I'm gonna ride around without an extended warranty. I wanted something to cover in case anything goes wrong with the vehicle. There were a lot of warranty companies I called but a lot of them had things that weren't included in the coverage. I needed everything covered to be at a peace of mind. Then I looked at Warranty Direct which had Platinum, Silver, Gold phases. Then I called them to see what would be my best options and they made me feel comfortable with everything.

I loved that their reps worked with me and had the quotes and everything for what I had asked for. At that moment, I was still in the process of purchasing the vehicle so they held off for me. Then when I got everything situated and straightened with the vehicle, I kept my word, called them back and went forward with the coverage. I feel really comfortable right now even though I haven't had to file a claim. I have also recommended a couple of friends to Warranty Direct. And last week, I was talking to a lady who said she needed to get an extended warranty, so I told her that Warranty Direct was really good. She googled them and called. Then the other day, I saw her and she thanked me and said Warranty Direct was absolutely awesome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My car is new, and the regular warranty on it ran out at 70,000 miles, so I bought another one from Warranty Direct. Their sales guy was very good. I got the plan that covers everything. I haven’t had to use it, and hopefully I don’t have to, but I know I have it. I would recommend Warranty Direct, and I hope that they’re good when it comes to using the warranty.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My vehicle warranty was out and with the cost of my car being in repair, I definitely would need a new one. Warrant Direct had more options for me and more of what I wanted was covered compared to the rest. They also gave me a lower price and a longer time span than any other place that I have searched. Their reps were very knowledgeable and willing to work with me. The prices weren't outrageous either. It was reasonable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a warranty with Warranty Direct and I didn’t feel like going to another company so I renewed it. I've done a couple of claims and the process was straightforward. The rep was great and I got what I needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a used car and I wanted to make sure that I was covered down the road. I was shopping for an extended warranty thru a different company but my insurance company backed Warranty Direct up so that’s what made my decision. Though the plan that I got wasn’t the cheapest, it covered the major components. Their rep was also very pleasant and there was no pressure. It was a good experience and a fast process.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I know that getting an extended warranty will help me save on my bills in case something happens, so I looked around and decided to go with Warranty Direct. I also had other people trying to call me about going with them. I’m happy and satisfied with their service overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a car that needed a warranty and I got one from Warranty Direct since I had known about them for a while. I had asked a guy from one of the dealerships what out-of-market warranties are there that are very good and he mentioned Warranty Direct. My experience with their purchasing agent was very good and I’d recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a truck and I got an extended coverage policy from Warranty Direct. I have it for almost a month now, and I haven't seen any problems with it. I haven't used the policy, but my experience has been okay and I'm happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed an extended coverage but everybody else wanted to charge too much for the down payment. Warranty Direct wasn't as high as everybody else. Their customer service team has been great, too. There's no problem and anytime I got a question, all I got to do is call them and they're always there to answer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife's car started having problems and we didn't know the warranty had expired so we had to pay out of pocket for some costly repairs. We started looking around to see who offered extended warranties on her car and Warranty Direct came back with a better price than the other places we had checked with. Their customer service team is also really good.

Warranty Direct Company Profile