Wanted Auto Protect

Out of Business

Wanted Auto Protects number one priority is customer satisfaction! We know the last thing you want is an expensive car repair bill, so we are here to offer you a peace of mind. With our coverage plans, many mechanical or electrical failure will be in our hands.

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Crooks, has anyone figured out how to get their money back. I found out when getting my car repaired that they had closed, it was a covered expense that I had to pay of pocket plus a rental car. First time I had used it. I haven't even had it a year. It was a 5 year warranty. No letter of closing. Nothing. Is this legal??? I should have saved the money on buying the warranty. I could have repaired my car several times. I am out a lot of $$$. Thanks for nothing!!! CROOKS!!!

Like many here I purchased a $3000 5yr extended warranty from them about 8 months ago. Now they are out of business with no contact information. Also like many others I'd be interested in a lawsuit or for any information on how to get a hold of these crooks.

I was one year into a five year contract for three vehicles. $4300 in the hole. Just found out that WAP is out of business. Can someone tell me how I can start process to reclaim some of this? I just filed a complaint with the BBB but that is a punitive step I know.

I PURCHASED This extended warranty for my Land Rover. Paid 3600.00 and the company ripped me off. Does anybody know how to get ahold of these people so that we could start a class action lawsuit? It appears that have done this to hundreds of people. My email is ** please let me know and I will start the lawsuit. These scum bags belong in jail or at the bottom of a river for taking advantage of people.

I purchased my car in December 2015 and decided that it would be best if I purchased an extended warranty on the vehicle. I paid $3000 for the extended warranty. I was so pleased with the terms of the warranty and even tried to get my colleagues to purchase (glad they didn't). I took my car in for service in September 2016 and was asked if I had extended warranty and I said yes. I return to my car to get my brochure/paperwork for my warranty. I was then given a loaner car and way on my way. Shortly thereafter I received a call from the car dealership stating that the phone number was incorrect. I was sure the number was correct so I tried the number and a foreign national answered the phone speaking little to no English.

I then proceeded to go online and log into my account. This was my first time logging on. I was successful logging on, however; when I click the link that said contact us I was informed that they were no longer in business. I must say I was sooo ANGRY for a company to just walk away with your money and you have nothing in return is very disheartening and to make matters worse the money can't be returned! I have contacted BBB and basically that was a waste of time. I contacted my bank and they said since it was over 120 days there was nothing they could do. This was my first attempt to use the service so how was I suppose to know that the business was no longer in business. Such a disappointment, I hope these crooks are caught and held responsible for their actions! Sincerely, Angry Customer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wanted Auto Protect?

Not able to contact company. All 3 phone lines are disconnected. Looks like we are all screwed out of any money we paid. I have 196 days ($230 value) left on my contract so in that case, I am better off than most of the comments who recently paid for long term warranties. My contact was a person named AL **. Suggest everyone list the names of the people we dealt with to help prevent them from getting jobs with other warranty companies. If anyone does a corp name search and comes up with owners, please list names and contacts for all to see.

The company is no longer in business. We paid over $1,600 for a 5-year warranty. We have had the warranty only 14 months. How do we go about getting the warranty transferred or a refund? All they list for a contact is: info@wantedautoprotect.com. We just learned this and if we do get contact, will post the info.

We spent $2123.00 for extended coverage on our 2014 Ford explorer. Now Wanted Auto is out of business.. the warranty doesn't even start till Nov. 2016. We want our money back.

I bought a warranty car with this company in July 2015 and when I tried to repair the car, month after I bought, they said I need all services and I didn't have it and they said they will refund my money. Every month from there they said they will send the check and refund the whole money and they never send it and today I found they are out the business and they owe me money. Every month since last year they were telling me they will send me the money, and never send it. Last time I got an answer from them was this year from Rick **.

Purchased the best warranty and made a down payment. The next time I called, not even a month later, the business is closed. Can't find a way to get my money back!!!

I called today to open a claim and there was no answer. I went online and found out that they are out of business. I paid $3000 for a warranty that I never used to this point. Doubtful that I have any recourse to get any money back for their unused portion of my warranty. Looks like I'm not the only one who didn't get the services that they paid for.

I purchased the Ultimate Warranty on 6/24/15. My vehicle went in the shop 4/12/16, my mechanic spoke on the phone to Frank on 4/13, faxed him vehicle estimate and service history. I have left repeated messages and emails to Rich (Director of Public Relations), Colin ** (sold me the warranty), etc... NO ONE has called me or my repair shop back. It's been 10 days and about 70 calls. There was an answering service, now nothing. My warranty also covers a rental car, of which I have not been able to get because no one is responding. I have filed with Consumer Affairs, BBB and will file with FTC soon. This is very unprofessional and unethical practice. My vehicle needs repair and I need a rental car. 4/22 no response and when you go to website today they say they have terminated business.

This was my second time trying to get Wanted to pay for a claim on my truck. The fist time they found every excuse in the book not to pay and to deny my claim. Now my truck broke down again, and no one is answering. I hear a rumor that they closed business! I'm so upset that I got screwed by this company! I've only had my warranty for 4 months! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

I have purchased Ultimate coverage policy from Wanted Auto Protect with so called Name Colin and Rick. I have just given vehicle for claim and then after entire company got disappeared. I have multiple calls with this people and sent an number mail and voice message. They stopped responding and no call back or mail reply. I have put hard earned money to get my car protected. On the very first experience I am now forced to write that these people are fraud and cant believe on them. Please dont get trapped with this company. If Wanted Auto Protect is reading such feedback, Please give my money back.

This company is a scam. I purchased their warranty for my car back in June 2015. My ABS malfunctioned and when I submitted the claim it was denied due to me pulling a trailer. Finally, after being cussed out by the claims manager the company finally decided to payout 1/3 of the bill. REALLY! Next, my blinker switch on the Excursion went out. CLAIM DENIED!!! "We don't cover electrical problems." I purchased the highest warranty available for my 2004 Diesel Excursion, but every time I needed to claim!! DENIED!!! I then canceled my policy more than 30 days ago, still no refund. I have called daily and all I get is an answering service. This company is a joke.

Colin was excellent on explaining how the Wanted Auto protection works. I just joined and haven't had any issues with my car but I felt very comfortable with the process. Thank you colin for your help and making me have a great experience with Wanted Auto Protect.

Jay was great to work with. I looked around at several extended warranties and Wanted Auto Protect was the best priced. Jay was extremely helpful without being overly pushy. Would definitely recommend to my friends so far.

Great customer service.

Colin was very good explaining how my policy will work whenever I need to use it. I like the fact that he was not pushy and took his time. I actually purchased 2 extended warranties at a reasonable price. Great customer service.

Right after I bought a used car I bought the Wanted auto warranty. I was so lucky that my check engine light went on 3 month after I started my warranty. I took the car to the dealer. I spoke to Rick **. They made every single excuse to not pay the dealer and after me sending them all the document they needed they told me there is no way for motor mount to be broken in 3 month. The only requirement is to keep cover for one month and drive the car 1000 miles. I did both and the car was driven for 4k miles. After all that, they refused to pay for any of repair. I canceled my contract. Rick told me 30 days for my refund and here I am 2 month after I canceled still did not received my refund. When called back and I was mad he was telling me he is not going to send me my money and he thinks that's legal. Now let's see what the court will say about that.

This was for coverage for a 2001 Ford Escort that we wanted for my teenage daughter. The price was perfect, the payment plan was ideal and the coverage was phenomenal! I can't wait to tell everyone about this warranty!

I would recommend Jay ** to everyone.

Mr. ** explained the way your services work, fully answered several questions, and he took his time with me. His knowledge of the company's services and procedures was commendable and refreshing. Excellent customer service.

Colin ** was thorough and took the time to explain everything in detail. Very pleasant.

Great customer service. Very happy with purchase.

Jay was very nice and got me all of the information very fast.

Hi. I recently created a warranty policy with Jay **. I would like to give him a good review because he was very knowledgeable and helpful through the whole process of trying to get me a good price on an extended car warranty. I also hope that this is a good company to deal with because it seems like a very good company to stay with.

I have been waiting for a refund for over a month & a half. The contract states that reimbursements are issued 14 business days from receipt of claim. The customer service rep stated the check will be issued over 2 weeks ago. UNACCEPTABLE!

Colin ** was very helpful in explaining the policy and cost information. He was also patient & listened to concerns I had regarding the purchase and payment dates of policy. I really appreciated Colin taking the time, the effort, & going the extra mile to help me make a wise decision on the auto protection plan.

Inquired about an extended warranty. Collin called back with the quotes. He was very knowledgeable about the policy. No pressure to buy anything. The information and warranty were excellent. The price was good.

Wanted Auto Protect Company Profile