US Warranty Corp of Florida

22 Northeast 22nd Ave., Pompano Beach, FL

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company specializes in selling overpriced warranties and uses every excuse in the book to get out of paying for anything. We bought our SUV from DGDG Capitol Kia a year ago. We bought a vehicle with high miles, but had a really low-interest rate, so between our downpayment and low rate, our payments looked to be very manageable. Our only concern was the high mileage of the vehicle. The finance guy keyed in on this concern and convinced us to add a warranty to allay our fears about possible repair costs and maintenance. We were told that this warranty would cover everything that could possibly go wrong with the vehicle, and that repair shops would welcome working on our vehicle because the warranty company (United States Warranty Group) paid above the normal rates for repairs and maintenance.

For the past year we have been paying more than we would like for our car loan because of the warranty costs, but have accepted it as a worthwhile cost because it gave us peace of mind. Thankfully, for the past year we had no reason to use the "warranty", but in anticipation of a long road trip, I decided to take into the dealer for service (on the suggestion of a USWG rep). I came to find out that our "warranty" only paid for a fraction of the service. To make matters worse, it was 10,000 miles overdue for a timing belt replacement! Which, of course was not covered by the "warranty". DGDG Capitol Kia had sold us vehicle that was overdue for a timing belt replacement, and misled us into buying a warranty that would not even cover the repair. To make matters worse, I found out that this warranty would not cover a red cent if our engine grenaded due to the overdue timing belt.

Their reasoning is that if the engine self-destructs due to factory recommended service, I.e. Timing belt replacement, they will not cover the repair. I asked US Warranty Group what was covered by their "warranty", and the list of covered items was far shorter than the prerequisites for any repair at all. I talked to Vernon, the manager at Capitol Kia, at length about this issue. He told me that the finance guy and salesman that sold us our vehicle were no longer with them. In fact, he said that their whole staff was new. It seems clear that there was a reason for the change in staff. However, Vernon did not budge on his stance that DGDG was not at fault for this mishap, and they could not help us. It is clear to me that this is a company that does not make amends for its mistakes or take responsibility for unscrupulous actions undertaken by its staff. I doubt that I am the first or last disgusted customer that feels taken advantage of.

I had an unpleasant experience when I call to make a claim about front tire in my car that caught a nail and I talked to a supervisor. She told us to go to a certified shop after I explained what happen. I took it to Pep Boys after I called your company. Pep Boys call your company and told them that the repair was not going to be authorized. Next day I took it to the Hyundai dealer and they check the tire and saw that the tire damage was created by a nail and they agree the tire was unserviceable. They call the company and they denied the authorization to replace the tire. Your contract states that a nail in tire is a reason to replace the tire. I have to pay for the replacement even though they even send pictures to the road hazard company. Thanks.

I purchased an used 2004 F250 and was talked into this warranty. Two Weeks after purchased, the IPC valves and sensors went out and had to be replaced. I was told at time of purchase that electronics were covered. Well of course USWC denied the claim. The Ford dealership I went with said that was unusual and that most Co extended contract companies usually cover such. No, my truck is back in for a IPR issue and I have no confidence USWC will cover the repairs.

Took my BMW in for park brake problem and was denied coverage, because USWC say that the actuator is not a covered item. Although the warranty states that brake pads and such are not covered, under the Electrical Components section, an actuator is covered for door locks. On this particular car, the park brakes are powered by an actuator located in the trunk.

We purchased a WinneBargo on August 3, 2003 with extended warranty for 84 months.The alternator caught on fire, damaging all the wires, the door, internal water damages to the carpet and more. Findlay RV in Las Vegas tried to submit a claim and no file was found under Eustolia **. We contacted US Warranty Corp to tell us that an extend warranty offer was sent to us at 80 months and that the warranty has expired. The contract is for 84 months and has not expired.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Warranty Corporation of Florida?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I purchased the Protector Base Coverage on 5-10-2010 for my 2006 Ford F-150 pickup truck purchased at Gus Machado Ford in Miami, FL. The steering column is broken and although the contract says, "Steering," is covered, US Warranty has improperly denied the claim.

Six months ago, we made reservations at an RV park in Key West. It's a long drive from Idaho so we left 2 and 1/2 weeks early. The furnace quit and we stopped in Denver for repairs at KC RV. When we arrived in Topeka, the furnace quit. We decided to try to make it to warmer weather and drove to Tampa where we had the furnace repaired again At Lazy Days RV Center. Our reservations are growing closer all the time. We stopped for the night in Sarasota and while outside, my wife noticed what she thought was smoke coming from the Aqua Hot furnace. I thought it was probably some residue left in from them repairing it. The next night, we were in Ft. Meyers. I noticed that there was antifreeze coming from the exhaust of the furnace and that no heat was being produced. I made an appointment in Ft. Meyers at North Trail RV where they along with Aqua Hot discovered what was deemed by the manufacturer a catastrophic failure.

At this point, I contacted my extended warranty provider U.S. Warranty Corporation. It was a struggle from the beginning dealing with them as I could tell instantly that they didn't want to pay for anything. I knew I had to have authorization before work could proceed so we jumped through their hoops trying to please them. I appealed to them that I really needed to get on the road as I had reservations coming up in less than a week. They appeared to care less. This all happened on a Thurs. and there was ample time to order and have the new unit by Mon. or Tues. and install it in less than a day. Still no answer from them putting us in the position of not being able to get a unit until the first part of the following week. This put me at best a week past my reservations. I hung on to hope as long as I could and finally called and cancelled, forfeiting my deposit. Homeless now and hoping for the best, we knew it would be a week before we would have our coach back. We decided to try to make the best of it and drove down to see what we had missed.

I called on Monday to see how things were going with the US warranty and it was not good. Still no authorization. I called Mark again and ended up hanging up on him. He was demanding that I send the old unit back to Denver and have it analyzed by Aqua Hot at my expense. I told him that seemed ridiculous to me and that he was more than welcome to send an adjuster out or pay to have it sent back to Aqua Hot himself. He declined. At which point, I told him a not so polite goodbye. I called Guaranty RV in Oregon (the place where I bought the RV and Warranty) and asked them for help in dealing with US Warranty. A short time later, a new guy from US called me named Jay. He was very smooth and told me he wanted to help me. We talked for quite some time. When I told him that I didn't think it fair of them to require me to pay to have the furnace sent to Denver, he insisted and once again I made the unit available to him but refused to pay to have it sent to Denver. He told me I was being difficult (which after a half dozen talks with Mark and now on to him) I probably was but that still didn't make it right.

I did become angry as now I was homeless, lost my reservations in Key West, paying for hotel rooms instead of RV Parks, looking at paying for a 10 grand repair out of my pocket and not knowing if this thing was ever going to get repaired. I told Jay I was never going to pay to send the unit to Denver, that was their job. I then told him our conversation was through and hung up. I then called North Trail and told them I would be responsible for the repairs and to get them done. The next day, Jay called me and said that they had thought it over and decided that I was right and shouldn't have to pay to send the unit back to Denver and that they could have the tech doing the repair do the required tests (what a novel idea) saving them the cost of sending the unit to Denver. North Trail still trying to find me coverage under the policy was still trying to follow US Warranty's schedule. When I arrived back in ten days, I told them that judging from the way this bait and switch game was going that they could forget the warranty and put the furnace in as quickly as possible so I could get back on the road and I would pay for it.

The next morning, Jay from US called and told me that they had decided not to cover it because it was an accident or some such thing. I wasn't horribly shocked as I could see this coming. These are not good people. I don't believe they care about anyone's problems at all. They don't care how long you are laid up and they certainly don't care what your costs are. I'm not saying they even should but they cost me a good portion of my vacation and several thousand on lodging and $10,000 in repairs that they never intended to cover. All I wanted was a quick answer so I could determine coverage. I think they were going to find a reason out no matter what. They clearly cover Aqua hot furnaces but I doubt if they have ever paid a claim on one.

I am the Director of Operations for United States Warranty Corp, a company I have always been proud to represent due to its unwavering belief that a policyholder is entitled to 110% consideration under all circumstances. We have been in business for 30 years and our files include hundreds of letters from satisfied consumers.

I do not understand, then, how, on the basis of a single - unresearched - complaint, you feel entitled to place our name under the heading 'Rogue's Gallery.'

Ms. Freeman purchased a Used VW and with it, Used Car coverage. It is extensive but not bumper to bumper --- no Used Car coverage is. In this instance we authorized and paid a $532 claim on the Compressor clutch since the contract specifically covers the failed part. However, we also denied 2 cooling fan motors as non-covered parts under the terms of the policy.

Ms. Freeman was unhappy with the adjustment of her claim and called our office to ask for an explanation. When an adjustor attempted to explain the terms of her coverage, she hung up without comment. Later that day, she called for cancellation procedures. She was refunded all but $175 of her original premium based on time and miles used.

I strongly believe that a claim decision, based solely and entirely on contractually limited coverage does not justify your seemingly cavalier decision to file a complaint - any complaint - under such a perjorative heading as 'Rogue's Gallery.'

I also believe that consumers do need both protection and a forum but fairness should not be a unilateral benefit. You have unfairly branded a group of people who work each and every day to 'get it right.'

I purchased a 2000 VW Beetle with less than 45K miles on it in July 2003. I bought the 36k or 36 month extended warranty from US Warranty Corp of Florida for $1495.00. My Air conditioner stopped working on Sept 5th, 2003. I took it to the nearest Volkswagen Dealer to be repaired. The spent many hours trying to find out what the problem was.

It ended up being BOTH radiator fans. They stopped working on low which apparently caused the AC clutch to go out. The warranty covered the AC clutch but would not cover the repair of the 2 fans. My complaint is that they will cover manual switches such as the power window and door controls that I can abuse but they will not cover something that I have no control over and it is an electrical problem.

I know have to trade in or sell this vehicle because I'm not going to put another $1000.00 into a vehicle that I just purchased on something that I feel should be covered under warranty. Without the fans working properly, it can cause many other major problems to the engine.

US Warranty Corp of Florida Company Profile