US Fidelis

Out of Business

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I also signed up for the auto warranty. I paid $250.00 down and $93 and some change a month for over a year and never had a claim before they went under. The good news was that I did file my paperwork for the class action lawsuit and even though I did not get back all my money I did get $933.00 back! There will also be a second distribution in 2015 after the last of the contracts expire. I know there was a deadline for applications but, the number is 877-691-8477 maybe for those of you who didn't get in, you can still make a claim. I wish you all luck in my case I did not get everything but, it was a nice chunk of change that will be going to fix my car funny and ironic!

I have only put in 2 claims since I have had this warranty and both times they have denied payment. The first one was just a terminology difference. Same part but they used a different name, then what the mechanic used and would not pay. I originally bought this because a window regulator went out and it was over $400 to repair. I specifically asked, "If this happens again, is my window covered?" I was told yes. Do not believe anything that they tell you. Do not purchase a warranty from US Fidelis. They are a real scam!

The warranty service was supposed to pay for getting my car fixed within 24-48 hrs. They didn't pay for it so I had to pay to get my car. This happened on a Tuesday and still, by Friday, they had not paid. On Saturday, they were closed for the weekend. Firestone is supposed to refund my money when they get paid, since I paid the complete amount. I was told US Fidelis has gone bankrupt but the warranty is still in effect. I think customer service did this because I kept calling them to see when they were going to pay. I advise you to really look into the extended warranty when you buy one. I paid over 2000 dollars for this one 4 yrs. ago and just started using it.

I bought a contract from them in 2/10/2009. They seem to have a problem every time I need to get repairs on my car. I need a compressor for my air conditioner and they refuse to go for it. They only wanted to pay a portion of the price and told Firestone to tell me if I need another, they would not pay for it, not to call them about it again and they were just going to pay the $500, and I would have to pay the rest of the money. They said it would take 24-48 hours and I would have to wait for Firestone to get paid. I would advise people not to get this insurance, because they want your money and not care how your car is being fixed.

I purchased a warranty from US Fidelis on 10/09/09. It was explained that it was a commercial warranty which is checked off on the document. On 12/12/10, the transmission broke. Fidelis would not fix it. I had to take out a loan for over $2,500 on 3/11/10. I had to rent cars to keep my business going which was extremely expensive. I almost lost my business which I have had for over 13 years. I took Fidelis to court several times and no one showed up from the company. Then the judge ordered a habeas. I couldn't afford to go to Texas so I had to give up.

Then the class action suit showed up in the mail and I thought I might be able to get something back. I gathered up all my papers and sent them in before the deadline.There were many documents in the folder. I even sent a second set in case the first got lost. I called once in October and the girl said she had received the papers and to check back after another session took place. The site said that there were over 200 people who applied. My name was not on the list. I have never been compensated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Fidelis?

My husband and I purchased your insurance two years ago and we paid it all off. You were all too happy to do business with us and take our very hard-earned money. Your ads claim insurance is for older cars. If the cars are older, it's common sense they are going to have wear and tear - that is a no brainer! I called two days ago and spoke to Becka. She said, "Take it to get a diagnosis and have them call us back and we will let them know what is covered." Right there, I got a little leery because we were advised when we purchased this insurance that our engine and transmission is covered no matter what and now we are getting different songs and dances. It's typical, of course, from insurance companies!

So I take my SUV 25 miles away, 50 round trip in case you had to do math, only to get a call advising us that your company will not have them do work because transmission could not be taken apart on site. So we had to go to Aamco. Here I go driving again another vehicle that I borrowed, pay for all the gad again to take my SUV to Aamco. I got a call about an hour ago from Aamco saying, "Your adjuster again is giving us a hard time" and told him that he needed authorization for us to remove transmission? What? If I left him car and keys ... Duh, hello? Then it turns out it is done that way so we have to pay in case of wear and tear? Hello? Your insurance if for old cars, of course, they are going to have wear and tear.

It seems to us you are trying not to pay on my transmission repairs and are not honoring what you advertised. Our policy# is ** which they could not find (no surprise there) and we had to go by name. If we have any problems (no threat I am too old for that nonsense!) with your honoring this claim, I will report to all consumer and business companies everywhere. I own my own business and my business has a Code of Ethics, Morals and Conduct! Your customer service reps need training on how to speak to humans and we are beginning to see you have no ethics. Prove us wrong and pay our claim. After all, you got all of your money, right? Now, you have a claim for us. Honor it!

I needed repair for a Ford Escape. Fidelis refused to honor their policy. I paid $1,888 for the policy. We received a card from a law firm to join in a class action suit, but misplaced the law firm's name and address. I would like to join in the suit. Can you provide the law firm or provide some info on how to ascertain the required information? The consequence was having to pay for the policy as well as the repairs out of pocket.

I started with US Fidelis/Mepco on 07/22/2009 for my 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser, after a while of my paying $91.13 a month. I never used the extended warranty and I found myself not able to keep paying for it. So, I called them and cancelled the extended warranty before the next payment, and asked for a refund which was never sent to me. At that time, I was living in NY and now, I'm living in Texas. I would like to get my refund back because at this point, I'm struggling with bills. Thank you.

The high pressure oil pump on my 2002 Ford diesel malfunctioned. It was replaced. The claim was denied. There are no more problems with the truck, but I just found that US Fidelis was a scam!

I purchased brand new 2005 Chevy Duramax and a $3,209.00 extended warranty. The contract states "100% warranty purchase price if warranty is not used during warranty period". I did not use the warranty, a month prior to the end of the contract; I called the warranty center to begin the refund process. They stated "Call back when the warranty time is completely up". I waited an additional 6 weeks, and then called them back. At this time, I was informed that the company had filed for bankruptcy. Fill out their required form, and mail to the bankruptcy court. I have made multiple phone calls since, only to be told to "get in line behind the others." What are my rights?

I purchased bumper to bumper warranty on Dec. 2008 and tried to use it for the first time yesterday at Borcherding GMC in Mason, Ohio. Auto was leaking coolant from intake manifold and was told they would not cover it.

In 2009, I bought a warranty for $2900. My 2005 Chrysler had many repairs, As with all other complaints, I too had issues every time I called. I didn't know Tier One had bought them. I had problems with customers service there. I had traded my car and should be due refund says Tier One. So I did all the correct filings in Nov. 2011. to bankruptcy court. I called the attorney's office in Feb 2012. Of course, they tell me, " Your claim has been filed, can't tell you when or how much but watch your mail." So all I can advise others with the same problem, is to file papers, and call attorneys on a monthly basis. If they are not actually going to give us our money, then they should just say that and not do the same as US and Tier one has been doing. I'm very dissatisfied with this company.

I didn't even realize that US Fidelis had gone out of business or the scam they pulled until it was too late. I bought the extended warranty in 2009 for my '01 Ford. While on the way back from a ski trip this last week in Colorado, the oil pump totally blew out leaving us stranded 25 miles from the nearest city/town with auto repair in New Mexico. The vehicle should be covered but like most of you, I couldn't get hold of anyone and didn't know where to turn. Luckily, I found this website and someone had written stating that her warranty was picked up by TierOne, so I gave it a try.

Sure enough, my warranty previously through US Fidelis was covered by Tier One now. Although they are rated decent, their customer service is very lacking. The call taker was rude and really didn't care I was stranded with my family 300 miles from home in winter, in New Mexico. Of course, they gave me the normal run-around, all oil change receipts, the repair shop had to call them to give estimate/reason for repair, and it had to be a facility that took their warranty. As luck would have it, the shop my truck was at didn't take Tier One because of their past dealings with US Fidelis and lack of payment after services.

After many phone calls and a very frustrating two days, the customer service at Tier One agreed to let me keep my truck at the current shop and submit a letter stating why (I would have figured being 300 miles from home, staying at a hotel, $150 a day rental car in the dead of winter should have been enough, but I guess not) along with all my oil change receipts, and rental car receipts and they will consider reimbursement.

I will pursue this and work at getting my money back then post another statement. I mainly wanted to get this out there for all of us who had no idea where to take our complaints and vehicle issues. I don't know if Tier One is taking up all the contracts for US Fidelis, but it is worth a shot. It worked for me and I would never have known it if someone hadn't posted it here. I forgot your name, but thank you! I am guessing that the reason US Fidelis didn't pass it on about Tier One was because they are in jail where they should be and Tier One didn't say anything because they got money from the courts. Why tell consumers about it? Then, it becomes free money. If any of you received anything from Tier One, please post your experience as it is helpful to others in the same situation. I never received one letter, email, or phone call stating Tier One was now servicing my contract with US Fidelis. Good luck!

I never used it and found out it was fraudulent. I have all the papers; the contract is good until 2014 or 215000 miles. The car only has 97000 miles on it. I would like help getting my 2100 dollars back.

They always have a reason not to cover vehicle repairs, even system failures and parts breakdown.

I purchased a warranty plan with US Fidelis and now my vehicle is broke down and they won’t fix it. They give reasons for not fixing it. I paid $2300 for the warranty and would like a refund. They tell me I have to go through bankruptcy court to get refund. My vehicle has been in the garage 3 times and should have been covered all three times. The plan was purchased under my wife’s name and we are currently separated. I want to receive any monies for this since I made all payments. I also have three tows which should have been reimbursed. They claim that it’s not covered but my contract states otherwise. I just want my $2,500 back.

I paid US Fidelis $2,293 for a car warranty back in 2009-2010. Now it turns out this company was running a scam. I am left without a warranty and without my hard earned money. How can I get any of this money back? How can I join the class action? Please help. Thanks.

I purchased the extended warranty and paid $2598.00 for it. They told me I was covered bumper to bumper for 5 years or 200,000 miles, whichever came first. I am currently having several issues with my vehicle. I just had a 02 sensor replaced which cost me $356.00 at Sears, and I have two rear wheel bearings that need to be replaced. Only the dealer can do it because it's a Suzuki. $1000.00 for this. I have a rack and pinion leak ($700).

US Fidelis says none of these are covered under the warranty. I paid over $2500.00 for absolutely nothing. I would have rather donated the money to an orphanage or all children’s hospital. Not that I have that kind of money to throw away. I'm a poor working slob. They took the money and won't cover anything. What recourse do I have to recoup my money? Don't care about any punitive damages, just what I paid out to them.

I had purchased a warranty policy with US Fidelis, after the Ford warranty had expired on my F250 truck. I had purchased the policy November 16, 2009. US Fidelis filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in March 1, 2010, about 3 months before I had purchased the the policy. Th policy cost me $2,523. I will never be able to get my money back from this policy. I will hardly be able to use the policy due to the policy covering very little on my truck.

I had a few mechanical issues with the F250 and took my truck to the repair shop. The repair shop contacted the policy claim department. The repair shop contacted me back and let me know that none of the repairs that needed to be done were covered under my policy. I had to take out a personal loan to to get my truck repaired. I had to take the loan out, because I'm an active duty Marine and didn't have $1,600 just available.

I talked with the policy claims department concerning what is covered on my truck. Th coverage that is on the policy and what was explained to me when I purchased the policy were totally two different thing. US Fidelis sold me a policy that really will never cover anything that typically goes wrong on my truck, as my policy covers very little.

I paid monthly payments totaling over $2300.00 for bumper to bumper 100,000 mile/5-year warranty coverage to be provided by US Fidelis. They denied me coverage for two wheel bearing repairs. I had to pay out of pocket for over $700 in repairs. I'd like my $2300 refunded to me.

I have a warranty with this company and just found out that they are a scam. My transmission went out and they will not repair it. I bought an insurance policy, account number usf-044375, on 30 July 2009 with US Fidelis Inc. I made all of my payments on time and they took the payments from my account. On 10 Oct 2011, I took my truck to the McLaughlin Ford in Sumter Sc for a tune up. When they dropped my transmission pan to do the service, they saw big chucks of metal in the transmission oil pan. They further inspected the transmission and saw that the transmission was bad and that it should be replaced. I pulled out my warranty and they called this company.

They told the service manager that I would have to provide the last 16 oil changes, in order to prove the truck was not damaged by me. The service tech and I both asked why did the company need engine oil receipts for a transmission? They further stated that without that, they would not honor the warranty.Ii have investigated this company and found out that they have scammed over 1100 personnel and that the owner had been sent to jail. They have also filed for bankruptcy. I am an army veteran of 15 years and I have never seen anything like this ever in my life.

I was mad and disappointed that I would have to pay for this myself. The repairs on my truck was over 3500 dollars. I paid this company 2298 dollars and they will not honor the contract. I had no idea that this company was crooked and that they were being sued.Ii feel really stupid. I wish to have my money refunded to me since they will not cover the contract. I am attempting to find a way to be heard and to get my money back from them. I pray that you can help.

I purchased an auto warranty through them and have a certificate for the refund if the policy was never used. I did not use the policy and called the number on the sheet and the lady says that they are out of business so I am out my $2975. Who can afford this? I know I cannot afford to lose this kind of money. So now what can I do?

I made payments totaling $2575.00 for auto warranty. I never used it and am entitled to full refund under the warranty. This company scammed me out of my money. Is there any action that can be taken?

I submitted three separate claims with U S Fidelis, and was denied all three times. Fidelis always had some lame excuse as to why they would not cover the desired repairs. The best one was that I needed to provide them with all the receipts from all the oil changes performed from the time I purchased the plan. This was for my transmission to be replaced. What engine oil changes have to do with a transmission problem I still can't figure out. Anyway, when I did provide the receipts, they told me I had to have the transmission removed, then they would send someone to inspect the transmission to determine whether or not they would cover the damages. They also stated that I would still have to pay a $1500.00 deductible. So much for 100% coverage. To make a long story short, I got tired of dealing with them. I was able to purchase a used transmission on-line, and the Chevy dealership installed it for a total cost of $1500.00.

The best advise I can give someone regarding after market warranty companies is to ask one of your reputable car dealerships service manager who they recommend. They cost a little bit more, but they don't give you the run around like the ones you see on TV, or the ones that send you "your factory warranty is about to expire" warnings in the mail. Like the old saying goes, "buyer beware!"

I purchased the extended warranty of 5 years for about $2500.00. A down payment of $150.00 had to come out of my pocket and $500.00 for work done on my AC. The shop I took it from kept calling and saying they have not been paid yet. I'm lucky that the shop knows us and is still willing to do business with us. I just would like the money I put into this fraudulent scam be given back to me. I have bank records, I can obtain the car repair invoice and the initial down payment from my creditor. Please contact me if there is a class action lawsuit.

I bought an extended warranty for my car and was told that it would cover needed repairs. I have had to put out almost $1000.00 on repairs that weren't covered, not to mention that most repair shops won't honor the warranty because the company went out of business. I paid over $2400.00 and was promised that it would be honored for 5 years. I can't even get an answer on what type of coverage I have. I feel that I have a right to a full refund.

Horrible warranty company! I was told my water pump and belts would be covered under my warranty and one of my belts seized and US Fidelis said it wasn't covered. Please contact me with the class action suit information. Paid my warranty in full and no coverage. Scam, scam, scam. These people should be in jail.

I purchased the extended warranty and did not file a claim. The warranty ran out and the company said a 100% refund would be available to me. The company is bankrupt and no refund. Can this be resolved? The amount of my refund should be $2684.

There Long Island Fidelis Craig Martin is very rude and claims to call you back. Instead of signing the person up, they never call. That is why they got the owners got indicted for stealing money and so on charges.

I think this is a scam. We received a card in the mail from this company requesting "Immediate Response." "This notification is to inform you that your factory warranty has expired or may expire soon based on mileage or age. To avoid the high cost of automobile repairs, call us immediately with you Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) & exact miles to extend coverage on your vehicle."

I saw a scam alert on your website "Class Action Filed Against U.S. Fidelis" which had a very similar business name from the same state with the same purpose & who had been repeatedly warned. I just thought I'd let you know. I took a picture of the card in case you want me to email it to you.

US Fidelis Company Profile