Stanley Safe Club

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought the Home Warranty policy (No Deductible) for 2 years with add-on Washer/Dryer and Gas Range for my Basement. I had filed the following claims, and here is my experience with them: Clothes Washer - It started leaking oil at the base. This claim was taken care of. Good! Gas Range Oven - The broil function stopped working. This claim was taken care of. Very Good! Furnace - During the month of Nov 2014, the furnace was not heating properly. I filed a claim in Mid Nov. And yes, it was starting to get colder here in Utah. No Response to the Claim! Called the customer care constantly for 10-15 days (day and night)! Nobody picked. Left voice mails every time I called. No Response! Send some emails too. No Response to emails!

After about 15 days I decided to dispute the payment. They called me after about 20 days to schedule the appointment and "apologized" because "no technician was available". Finally the Tech called and asked me the details and I told him that I don't have any deductible. He never called me back! Stanley will never tell the technician beforehand that there is no deductible because if they do so, nobody will be ready to come out and fix your issue without getting anything from you.

I started calling the customer care again for 8-10 days. Same Thing! No Response! Then I decided to fix it myself. Called my neighbor and we tried to fix the furnace. After some effort we got it working! Around first week of Jan 2015, Stanley set up the appointment again! I told them that we fixed the issue. It was the worst experience for this claim especially when it is peak winters and your furnace is not working properly. Anyways, I did not ask anything from Stanley for the fix.

Dishwasher (2 times) - It started leaking water from the drain pipe. This claim was taken care of. Good! Clothes Dryer - It stopped working during the month of Sept 2015. I filed a claim. After waiting for a week to get the appointment scheduled, I decided to call the customer care. "Jamie" told me that the dryer is not worth fixing and they can't fix it. They will send me a check of $150.00 for it and I have to buy a new dryer. I bought the dryer and sent them the receipt. Till now, I have not received the check. I called several times and almost every time I talked to "Jamie" and he repeats the same thing every time. "We have sent the check and you should have received it by now. If you haven't, we can cancel the check and issue a new one. It may take around 4 weeks to process. You can see around your house if you can find the check, because sometimes it happens!" Anyways... No Check received even after 5 months! Still waiting.

Food Disposer - It started leaking water. I filed a claim and there was no response for about 3-4 days. I finally called and checked. Same person again "Mr. Jamie". He said that they don't send technician for a food disposer because it is not worth. I was "approved" for $80.00 to buy a new food disposer. I bought it and sent the receipts. It was expected, they will never send the check. I called after a month, "Jamie" said that they have already sent the check :-)... Obviously! No check received till now! Still Waiting.

Electric Range - One of the coils stopped working. I filed the claim. Got a call from the "Administrator" the same day! Amazing! She asked if I have filed a claim for an Electric Range. Yes, was my answer. She told me that I already had a claim for a Gas Range earlier and they don't cover two Ranges. I told her to check my policy where it is mentioned that I have added a Washer/Dryer and a Range for my basement. After checking, she said "You have too many claims during your policy period (2 years) and we will not be able to entertain any more claims from now on." Hung Up the call! DONE! It's not about money always. It's about ethics and this company and its employees are definitely not ethical. I thought buying a warranty helps you, but it didn't in my case. Thanks for reading this! Hope you all have a good future!

This company does not honor their warranties and lies about having dispatched technicians. There is a good reason they have an F rating with the BBB.

We purchased the Gold Home Warranty policy (the most expensive policy which per their policy allows for coverage for most everything) from Stanley Warranty company in September 2014. The company salesman and service contract guarantees customer service Monday - Friday and 24-hour customer care for emergency service. Since the issuance of the policy, we have had two issues that need emergency service ASAP.

1) Heater broken: On January 8th, my property Manager called the company 3 times to request service. No one at the company answered the phone. I submitted service request per their policy, I called the company 3-4 times to get service, and got their voicemail. Left them voicemail messages noting the emergency of a heater being broken, and no response. I again called the company three times this morning (Jan 9) and was put on hold for 1 hour and then got disconnected.

2) Plumbing leak: January 9th, I submitted another service request per their policy. Again, I called the company 3-4 times to get service, and got their voicemail, left them voicemail messages noting the emergency of a heater being broken, and no response. I finally got a person on my fourth try and requested to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold for another 45 minutes and then someone hung up on me.

I put in a request to have my dryer repaired in February 2015. They sent out a flaky guy that said that my dryer had multiple problems. He even said "your dryer has a part from a stove on it. I'll have to replace that". Mind you my appliances had been maintained by Sears years prior to my subscribing to Stanley platinum plan. Anyway the supervisor told me to purchase a new dryer; he even went online while I was on the phone to check out prices. I bought the dryer. It was only $675.00. It took them until Oct. 2015 after numerous calls to send me $150.00. They miss my business so they won't stop calling. Ugh who has a consumer lawsuit going. It's been 3 years this past March.

After having the policy for 8 months we called because our AC went out. Paid $50.00 for their technician to come out and he said it needs a new compressor. It was not much more to replace the unit so the Stanley representative said they were going to pay to replace it. We got a whopping $200.00 off the $2700 unit. Obviously not a good deal. It took forever to get in touch with them. Of course now that it's time to renew the policy they won't stop calling. We've told them repeatedly we are not interested. The same guy keeps calling (3 times today) and he gives me a different name each time he calls. Really professional. Don't waste your money!! Not sure why they are still in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Safe Club?

Bought home warranty plan with 0 deductible. First service call took weeks to get appointment to repair refrigerator. The service man came out, from Russia. No really, from Russia. He insisted he needed $100 for repair. I finally paid him, or my refrigerator was not going to get fixed. He fixed it with duct tape. Yes duct tape. Customer service puts you into an endless circle of transferring until you get hung up on. Can't count the hours we spent on the phone. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

I'm supposed to be a member of Stanley Safe Club 2 years and I've got yet for them send out someone to fix a problem. Of course they are paid $57 every month and every time I need them they cannot be contacted. I stay on hold then I'm disconnected. It is frustrating but they have scammed the wrong person. I will spend money taking them to court. My bank is going to refund me my money back then. They will go after whoever had been withdrawing the money from my account.

I have an extended car warranty and I agree with all the reviews I've read. The worst customer service I've ever experienced. I am so frustrated in trying to get someone to answer the phone or call me back. I need to file a claim, but after reading the reviews about not honoring the warranty, I won't do so now. I'll just cancel my policy and cut my losses. I'm very disappointed and dissatisfied.

I had no idea what a scam this company is. I called Stanley first to see if I should talk to claims first. The person answering the phone, who seems to be the same person all the time and just an operator said to just have it towed in and have my mechanic call the "claim authorization number". This number which myself and the garage called upwards of 20 times NEVER lets you speak to a live person. No matter how many messages are left no one calls back... Day 5.. No callback. About to pay for the repair on my starter out of pocket.. Really really wish a class action could be started.. It really appears there are enough complaints.

Stanley warranty sent us 5 work orders from 2/13/14-3/8/14 for microwave, 2 washers, dryer and oven repairs. Technician diagnosed and replaced parts after we got approval for each work order. We even prioritized those work orders! I called for payments many times and emailed them the invoices, unfortunately

phone will just ring and if somebody answers he/she will transfer me to the accounting department that has only a voice recorder! Total cost Stanley Safe Club Warranty owes us until now is 678.92.

Stanley Safe Club, in their attempts to honor their contract and reimburse us for repair they authorized, told us that: We did not have coverage for plumbing - we did. We did not have a contract with them - we do. The person who we claim authorized repairs does not exist - he does. None of the people we spoke with exist - they do. Stanley Safe Club no longer exists - it does. We were offered a number for a new business which supposedly represents SSC customers - it was a real estate agency and they never heard of SSC. Repeat all of the above. When I was able to produce the email from the man who authorized our repair, the supervisor then admitted this man had existed - but I was told he was fired because he authorized too many repairs that SSC doesn't like to honor!!!

I fought with American Express to return our money. SSC played many games and said that it would refund our money if we could produce the email authorizing repair. We did present it. Stanley Safe Club did not honor their word to American Express and to us. AMEX said we should sue. Is there a class action suit? AMEX said that there should be: There most certainly have been enough complaints.

On 2/17 I set up a claim over the internet regarding my water heater. I received two emails that a service call was being set up, and on 2/19 Roto-Rooter came out. The technician said that the unit was getting close to being old, as it was installed in 2008, but that 6-7 years was not that old. The problem was that it is not working as it should, even though there are no mechanical problems. He suggested that we replace the dipstick, but warned me that it is expensive and might not work, in which case we would probably need a new unit. He went to the van to call Stanley Safe Club and came back and said that they were closed for the day and he would call me when he has spoken with them.

I did not hear from him, but on 2/21 a representative from Stanley called and asked what was going on, he also said he would call me. Then, I called them on 2/25. I was told that my water heater was over 10 years old and I had not been a customer for at least six months (I have been a customer for seven...) so I was getting $250. When I pointed out that this was not true, he said a supervisor would call me. I finally had to call the supervisor myself. His name was Carmine and he said that my unit was over ten years old and I had not been a customer for over 6 months so I was getting $250, same story. When I pointed out that was not true, besides talking over me and interrupting me over and over, he then said I had not read the contract where it says if the repair exceeds the value of the unit, I get $250. But he refused to give me any details regarding this, I asked for a written estimate of the repair costs and the value of the unit. He hung up on me.

I had a Home Service Plan and a Car Extended Warranty Plan. I placed a call for my dishwasher on 10/16/14. They claimed they setup an appointment. No one ever showed. Dishwasher still broke. AC broke on 12/1 after being gone for a week. House was freezing. Created a ticket online URGENT. Never got a response for 3 days. They claimed they set up appointment for 12/8. No one showed. 12/29 I have 2 emails for 2 different companies and no one ever showed. I had to figure out the issue from YOUTUBE.

I should have known to not sign up for the car extended warranty when I received an email from Gold Standard Automotive Network, "We regret to inform you that Stanley Warranty has decided not to pay Gold Standard Automotive Network Inc. for your Gold Card program, which we authorized them to sell, so we must cancel your Gold Card and its further usage."

But stupid me I went ahead and gave them my $300 for the service with monthly payments of $59.99 (Cheap isn’t cheap and free isn’t free). I had a timing belt issue and the dealership called regarding the issue and they never returned a call and in total I am out of $749.89 and after all of that they have the nerve to tell me to cancel the service I have to pay a $75 cancellation fee. They are threatening to send me to collections for $209.99. I have received more email communication and threats now that I have canceled the service but to provide the service they were paid for they are always unreachable.

My experience with them was negative. Claims were only accepted by Internet and not by phone. Emails would be sent but no one contacts you. My dryer broke in November and still broken. They assigned a company in Nevada and they refused to fix it because they were out of range. Stanley did nothing about it and they made sure your payments were current or they sent demanding emails for payments. I decided to cancel and they leave messages but no one answered the line. You waited and then got disconnected.

I signed up with this company and when I needed to request service, no one was there. No one picks up the phone. When I finally got someone, the line went dead and no call back. They did not call me back and took them 5 days to reply to my service request. They need to be investigated for misrepresentation and deceitful practices. Beware and please take this review into consideration because it is a fraudulent company. I have lost my money and hope to get it refunded. I would recommend that you find another company.

I have signed up with this company and when I needed to file a claim, they went M.I.A. No one picks up the phone. When I finally got someone, the line went dead and no call back. They did call me when I needed to renew and offered to pay me back the price of the appliance that I ended up changing out of pocket. However, the trade off was to sign a new contract with the company. I flatly refused and would rather lose that money along with the premium for nothing than have anything to do with that company. They need to be investigated for misrepresentation and deceitful practices. Beware and please take this review into consideration.

We were contacted by Stanley Warranty and told that they would honor our contract including reimbursement for services from last year that they were holding the check on as well as claims that they have not serviced IF AND ONLY IF we were to submit a letter to them that they could turn in to the Warranty Review companies to RETRACT OUR NEGATIVE REVIEW of them. Because we are now in a desperate situation because they have not sent a contractor out for our air conditioning system and it's been over 2 months and it is over 100 degrees on a daily basis, I agreed to the terms and emailed the letter to them on 8/8/14.

It clearly states in our policy that the air conditioning issue constitutes immediate emergency service, yet it is 8/23/14 today, 3 months after our claim was submitted and 9 months since they said that they would send a reimbursement check out for our furnace system and we still cannot reach Stanley or any representative that will assist us. Our toilet has been running for over 6 months and Stanley finally said that they approved the claim to repair, but the contractor says that they have not received that approval which is the same story on other claims we have placed as well. The A/C contractor has not received the work order, so won't come out, either.

Stanley administration promises that the contractors have been paid, yet we receive letters that they are taking us to collections because Stanley is not paying them. Stanley tells us we must go online to submit any claims, so we have had to submit repeat claims when months go by and we don't receive service, then Stanley told us that we have too many claims when it is actually the same few that we submit over again because no one contacts us and no one comes out to diagnose. I completely understand if something is not covered under our contract, but this is not the case in these claims. Now they have the letter from us saying that we would retract the negative feedback but we still received no service.

I obtained a home warranty contract from Stanley Home Warranty in NJ - 2 months later my air conditioner broke. The contract says someone will contact you in 48 hrs to schedule repairs- it took them 5 days. I called multiple times got a recorded message, left emails, no answer. Finally an ac guy shows up and says Stanley called him but before he would start I had to sign a document saying if Stanley didn't pay him I would. He wrote it up and confirmed I needed a new AC - Stanley said I had to pay to fix it ($5,000) and they would reimburse me. I had to save some money to fix it and did so submitted the receipts to them, to date no reimbursement. I contacted my bank to stop them from drafting my account as I asked them to cancel in writing, they didn't acknowledge my request. Avoid this company at all cost. They are not reputable, and they lie in writing - also the ac guy they sent, it took them 5 months to pay him.

I purchased a year contract for my home on 8/15/13 for $549. 12/24/13 my heat stopped working. I called them, no answer. My contract states available 365, 24/7. I put a claim in online, no response. I continued to call them until 9 PM, finally spoke to a sales person who stated everyone is gone for the day. I asked, “What should I do about my heat?” She said, “Do what you have to do.” I called a local heating company who came out to my home within an hour at 10:30 that night and fixed my heat issue. The cost was $437. I paid via credit card. Faxed my receipt to Stanley on 12/26/14. A rep called me 1/2/14 and said they will authorize $250 towards my repair. I didn't agree with this because they weren't available to help as stated in my contract. The rep sent an email stating they will reimburse me $250.

As of today I have not received reimbursement. I've called numerous of times, I have confirmation fax pages where I've faxed them with no reply back. I put a complaint in to BBB and it still was not resolved. I had an attorney send them a demand letter and they did not respond. I purchased another home warranty in January 2014 after I figured they are a fraud company so my home will be protected if something happened again. I'm paying $48 to another home warranty and I've paid Stanley for a year. I've put in two claims to my new home warranty company that has delivered on every word my contract states. I would like my complete fee back from Stanley because they did not deliver. They are not available 24/7 as stated. There are numerous reviews on rip-off report and BBB about this company. The stress of dealing with this company has literally made me ill. This company must be stopped. There are enough customers out there to file a class action lawsuit.

The warranty company was mad because I placed a legitimate claim for appliance 3 months into my contract. They literally told me that it was "too soon" to be filing claims. Most customers are with them for at least 6 mos. before filing claims. After this comment, they basically refused to pay for repairs and left us with the bill. I had already paid-in full for the year-coverage and they refused to refund the money if I tried to terminate the contract early. What bad service. I have since realized, they have bad reputation with other customers. I wish I knew this before. Hope others are warned.

Stanley Safe Club Company Profile