Mid Atlantic Warranty Corporation

Wilmington, DE

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is the worst company anybody can get a car from. I will never deal with them again in my life. I have been through hell since Freddy's automatically transferred me to Mid Atlantic. They are all about money. They repoed my truck monday when my payment was scheduled for that Friday so now my 500 payment turned into 1600 with all the towing fee I have to pay mid atlantic and the tow place. I also had to pay my next payment as well. This company needs to be shut down or get new management especially with this many complaints and bad reviews. I will be letting everybody know not to buy from either 1 of these companies.

I bought a used 2005 Bmw 745i from Adams auto sales in Paterson NJ. When I purchased the car in March 2012, it was told to me that I had to purchase an warranty with that type of car. They had two types of warranty and Mid Atlantic was the one that was giving to me. The dealership said they will cover anything under the hood. I had the car for 4 months and the car was acting up so I contacted the warranty company about the problem. I had oil leaks, clog cylinders, bad ball joints - you name it. When you call them you speak with an answering service and they will have someone call you back.

Two weeks later, someone calls after around my 10th attempt. They told me to take it to a repair shop they found in my area to get an estimate. I did and the shop fax them the estimate sheet and said it will cost 12000 dollars to fix. Still no response. My car was there for 5 weeks until I couldn't afford to pay for car rental anymore in which they said they would reimburse me. Finally my in Dec of 2012 was the last draw my car stalled on me and it has been at the BMW dealership to this day because I was fighting to get some answers and my money back. Mid Atlantic group and Adams Auto sales are horrible.

I bought a 2003 Chevy Impala from Street Dreams Auto on 12/9/2012. It is now 4 months later and 1st my fan was making a really loud noise. I took my car to my mechanic; he stated that I needed a coolant fan. I contacted Mid-Atlantic Warranty Corp. They stated that the fan was covered and I could have my mechanic fix it. I paid $300 out of my pocket and faxed the receipt in. Now, I'm waiting to be reimbursed. While fixing the car, my mechanic stated that I needed a water pump. Mid-Atlantic did not want my mechanic to fix the water pump and asked me to take the car to their people (meanwhile, my car is overheating and cutting off).

I was given the address to a place that was really far from my house. A 30-minute ride turned into a 2-hour ride to their mechanic (Bennett's Auto). When I got there, they were very rude and showed absolutely no customer service. They lifted my hood without testing anything on my car or even looking at it and said, "You need an engine." I contacted the warranty company. They wanted me to go to another shop to get a second opinion.

At this point, I was afraid to drive my car. A tow truck was sent that I had to pay for with hopes of being reimbursed. I was sent to Apolo's Auto, a shop that happens to be 5 min. from my house and was much more convenient to get to than Bennett's Auto. This mechanic is now saying that I did need a water pump (I already knew that) and my head cylinder is cracked. I've been without a car for almost 2 weeks, and now Mid-Atlantic is saying they don't know how much longer it will be for my car to get fixed. I am a single mom with a 2-year-old and a reliable car is very important for my travels. I now have to take 3 to 4 buses both ways to get my son to school and myself to work, and I have missed work at my night job due to no transportation. I am now looking into further action.

I purchased a 2003 Ford Expedition XLT from Street Dreams Auto Sales. Two weeks after having my vehicle, it overheated. I took it to my neighborhood mechanic and he tested and said that I had a blown head gasket! I immediately contacted Street Dreams and they said that I needed to contact MAWC. So I called MAWC. I told them that I have a warranty through them and that the head gasket needed repair. MAWC sent me to two different mechanics that they said they deal with and work along with.

Well, it's now been two months and all MAWC and Street Dreams Auto Sales has been doing is giving me the runaround and giving me excuses. They're telling me that they ordered an engine and that it is on its way. I spoke to my lawyer and to the Division of Consumer Affairs (973-504-6200) and they immediately sent me a complaint report against form. I will never recommend MAWC or Street Dreams Auto Sales to anyone! They are so unprofessional and irresponsible. I'm praying that something gets done soon so that no one else goes through the same thing I'm going through.

We bought a car from a Street Dreams dealership in Delran, NJ about 4 weeks ago. The car broke down 2 weeks after driving it. That's another complaint I will be filing. Anyway, we contacted the warranty company for 1 week straight before anyone called back. They actually tried to put the blame on us because of the car breaking down. After arguing with them about fixing the car, they finally agreed to pick up the car. The car has now been in the repair shop for about 2 weeks now. The repair shop said the warranty company will only fix a portion of the needed head gasket. I have been trying to contact the warranty company for over a week since they picked it up, but still no contact. I told the mechanic that we are just going to take the car to our mechanic. The mechanic stated we have a towing bill and the warranty company refuses to pay it if we don't get the car repaired there.

To date (Wednesday, 12/5/12), I have been trying to contact the warranty again and again. Now the phone is just ringing. I think the warranty company is either about to go out of business or a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid Atlantic Warranty Corporation?

Mid Atlantic never calls back. My car is in the shop and I was told they would cover most the problems with the car but now, they will only cover very few. I was supposed to have a rental with my warranty and I still don't have a rental because they do not call back ever, and sales people dream of what they will cover. As a result of the lies, my car is still not %100.

I bought a used car "as-is" about 3 weeks ago in S. Jersey and let myself be talked into an MAWC warranty ($500.00 for 3 months/4500 miles). It's a beautiful car, runs great, and is fully loaded. After purchase, I took it to my mechanic and had it serviced and checked completely. The car needs tie rod ends and alignment ($268.00), fuel level sensor ($387.00), front wheel hub and bearing for ABS ($306.00), catalytic converter ($538.00), and an air bag module for the driver’s side air bag ($553.00).

After calling MAWC for 5 straight days, they finally called me back and said to take it to a shop they approve of (my mechanic is certified and a state re-inspection location). Their shop verified the problems and notified MAWC. The next day they got back to their shop and told him none of the problems were covered and they would be calling me later that afternoon (still waiting for their call 5 days later). I have no idea what the warranty does cover, but I'm sure that whatever is covered would not cost me $500.00 to have fixed.

My car was in a repair shop that the customer service agent recommended because I was stranded on the side of the road. Myself and the shop owner contacted MAWC after the repairs were completed to receive payment. They never responded to either of us and I had to pay $550.00 for the repairs that were covered under the warranty. I called repeatedly to resolve this issue, but calls went unanswered. This company is a disgrace and I regret the day I purchased the warranty.

My car just stalled on the highway two months ago. I need $1,500 to replace the electric throttle body. I called Mid-Atlantic Warranty over 100 times in the past 2 months. It always got forwarded to the answer service. They only returned my call 2 to 3 times.

This place claims they are so busy all the time because they have over 10,000 customers. If that’s the case, I felt bad for those people. My claim has not been honored after these aggravations. This is obviously a scam. This business should be on the Fox 5 Shame, shame.

I purchased a warranty from Mid Atlantic Warranty Company. After six months, my air condition compressor broke. I talked to an employee from Mid Atlantic and told them about the situation. The owner, Felix, had me bring my van to his auto mechanic to have it fixed. They told me that they would call me when the compressor came in. After a month, I called the mechanic and he told me they were still waiting for the compressor. I have called the company and Felix a dozen times and have not received a phone call back. It has been almost three months with no response. This scenario seems to be typical, after researching about this company on the Internet. It appeared that the company is a scam from all of the reviews submitted online.

We purchased a vehicle that came with a three-month warranty from Mid Atlantic. Shortly after the purchase of our vehicle, we had to have front end work done that was covered by the warranty. We paid out-of-pocket for the work, faxed the paperwork to Mid Atlantic along with their approval code that we got before having the work done, and still to this day have not received a refund check from Mid Atlantic. It has been four months since we had the work done. They called us back when we needed to have work done but now that the work has been done, nobody will call us back.

We call multiple times every day. This company should be put out of business. I have read many reviews from other people on numerous websites and everyone has had the same bad experiences.

I bought my car at Daytona auto sale in Little Ferry, New Jersey. The sale guy told me to change oil in the car which I did. They noticed that the air compressor was leaking, so we called Anthony, and he had a misunderstanding with my husband. So I took over and talked to Anthony. We went through the step with him. He gave me a place and said to take the car to Delta gas station in New Jersey, Rt 80. Exit 63. He gave the EST.

We faxed it to Mid-Atlantic. They okayed the work. Then I took the car back to Delta gas station to have the car fixed. I paid for it by credit card and called Anthony to let him know that we faxed the bill to him. Then he told me that it would take 4-6 weeks. I replied ok. I had the car service on Nov. 1, 2010.

I called to see where the check was. He told me it would be mailed on Dec. 18, 2010 here. It is Jan. 12, 2011. Still, there's no check. I called every day for two weeks, and all I get is the answer machine--Leave your name, reason of the call, warranty number, and phone number. There was no reply. We paid for this service, but they do not reply to your calls.

I cannot believe that this is how they do their business. This is **. I will keep calling and faxing them until I get my money.

I purchased a vehicle from Catherine *** of Catherine's Car Locators for $3000. She convinced me to buy a warranty from Mid-Atlantic Warranty Corp for $875, which warrantied many parts of the car including the cooling system and specifically the radiator. Two days after I purchased the car and warranty, the radiator split and to be replaced. The repair shop called Mid-Atlantic and was told that I should pay the full amount of $285 and that Mid-Atlantic would reimburse me.

When no reimbursement arrived a month after the repair, I called 12 times during the next three months. Each time I explained my situation and was told someone would call me back. On my 12th call, I found out that I was only talking to an answering service on all these calls and they were not permitted to give me a direct number. I then called Catherine's Car Locator at least three times and left messages and never was called back. Stay away from both of these companies.

I purchased this warranty from Victoria Auto Sales Rt. 46 Little Ferry, NJ for a used truck. I paid $1,500 cash for 36,000 mile coverage. Two months later the fuel pumps goes and has to get replaced. I call Mid Atlantic and they send me to a repair shop. June 26th, I paid $1,000 out of pocket for the repair. I faxed over bill and they said they would only cover $496.00. I was assured the check would be sent out to me.

I waited 6 weeks and then called. I got answering service and no one returned my calls. I kept calling. Finally, I called the dealership were I got it from and they contacted Felix. He calls me and assures me the check is in the mail. It's now October 4th and still the run-around and no response. This company is a scam and I will not stop until I get my full $1,500.00 refund. I call everyday for the past month. Same story. An "operator" takes my contract number and tells me someone will get back to me. Nothing yet.

What a scam. I am going to the dealer and will sue to get my money back. Do not use this company. The money I am out $1,500 plus the $1,000 for the repairs has set me back on my mortgage and I have not been able to keep up. I came home from Iraq last year and as a marine who served this country twice, I am disappointed that this company is still able to take people's hard earned money without any consequences. My next option is to sue. But I know it will be a long time before I get any results.

My rebate check from MAWC for the approximate amount of $670 has not been sent to me as of yet. I've spoken once each to Felix & Anthony and both of them stated the check was on the way since we last spoke August 16th. As stated from MAWC rebate checks are issued 4-6 weeks from the repair date. My repairs were completed on June 27th. Therefore, at the latest my check should of been sent to me no later than Aug 10th (6 week mark). It's now 4 weeks past that mark. Ive tried calling them day after day. No answer. So I left messages as well as sending in faxes in regards to my concern. But still no response. I have exhausted all my options. Please help!

I purchased a used vehicle with this company, warranty name for $1000. They do not return my calls. Every time I call I get switched over to a voice mail telling me to leave my contract number and they will return the call. Well I called for three days and never received a phone call. Lost a $1000 on the deal and don't gave a guaranteed warranty.

Mid Atlantic Warranty Corporation Company Profile