Endurance Auto Warranty

3.7/5 (1235 ratings)
Get Pricing
Endurance Warranty

About Endurance Warranty

Endurance Warranty provides customizable auto protection plans backed by a 30-day refund policy. Coverage comes in six different tiers, but you can customize any plan for your needs. Payments plans for up to 36 months are available, and you can potentially transfer coverage should you sell your vehicle.

1 featured review
Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I was under the impression, when I got this warranty, it was more of a bumper-to-bumper warranty. The way the salesman explained it to me made me think that I had full coverage on my Chevy truck, and I thought I would never have to touch anything on this truck. I can understand normal wear and tear, but when my first problem happened with the truck, and I was talking to Endurance, apparently, I didn't have the coverage I thought I had. So, there are things that aren't covered that I thought would be covered.

Endurance gave me the book to read, and I never read it. I’ve had it for so long, and with my Dodge, nothing ever went wrong. I bought it new in 2012, and it had a three-year factory warranty. I knew I was coming to an end and figured I'd better protect myself. I started looking at extended warranties and ended up calling Endurance. It sounded like something I wanted, so I went with them and I’ve had it for quite a while. The extended warranty has been very good because I think I bought a lemon. I’m having multiple problems with my Chevy truck, and it’s only got 30,000 miles on it. It's a 2019 Chevy High Country, which is the top-of-the-line truck that Chevy makes, and it was $70,000 when it was new. I should have kept my Dodge.

When my passenger window wouldn’t go up, I took my Chevy truck in and the dealership called the insurance company. They had to get the okay from Endurance before they can look at the car. They said, “Go ahead and fix it,” and within two days, I had my truck back and the dealership charged them $500 for the repair. Endurance was fantastic. I paid a little extra, but I got zero deductible, which I really like. One time though, it took them a while to get their appraiser out there when the power steering went on the truck. It turned out to be $2,500 in repairs.

I can understand if they have to send their appraiser out to look at it to make sure the auto place isn’t ripping them off but the truck sat there for quite a while and the the dealership wouldn’t give a loaner. They said, “Well, that’s up to your insurance company.” I thought I would get a loaner, but I didn't. Other than that, I've been perfectly happy. If there were more stars, I would give it to Endurance. Within the last three months, they have dished out close to $4,000 in repairs at the shop. New trucks are absolutely ridiculous. You can't even put new pads on a truck without going to some kind of system because everything's electrical. Now, I'm having problems with the brakes, and I'm afraid it's gonna have to go in again. I hope Endurance doesn't drop me.

Endurance Auto Warranty response

Hi, Richard. We're so happy to hear that you love your coverage plan with Endurance and are grateful that you took the time to provide us with feedback, it helps us to improve service for everyone!

We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service in the future!

- The Endurance Team

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I like Endurance, and I don't have any complaints at all. A friend of mine recommended Protect My Car, but then I was doing my research and spoke with both of them. That was close to Christmastime, so I knew there were lots of sales that will be going on around that time, so I decided to look into it. I found Endurance had a plan better, because they also help with maintenance on the car. They also cover a higher mileage than Protect My Car. Even though Endurance was a bit more expensive, I preferred the length of time I'm covered, which is five years compared to four years with the other company.

The representatives were awesome, and they were very polite, helpful, and not pushy. Protect My Car was extremely pushy. When I said no, they still tried to get me to sign up. I already signed up with Endurance and I'm very good at saying no, but the sales guy was very good and knew what he was doing. He was able to get me to sign up again with them just to try it out. After signing up, I thought, "Oh, my God, no. What the hell am I doing signing up for two?" So I called and I canceled and they're refunding me back my money.

I don't regret going with Endurance. I noticed that my car was jerking and there was no problem or check engine sign. At some point the same week, the check engine light came on then went off again. I took my car to the dealership to do the overall maintenance, my oil change and tire rotation. I said, "By the way, there was a check engine light that came on and it went away the same week, and I hope you do check it out."

The dealership checked it out and the guy said it was a transmission issue. They worked with Endurance, and Endurance did everything and fixed my car. They put in a new transmission, and I was blown away, 'cause one, I didn't know that something like that will be coming on to me. Two, the Endurance company worked with the dealership directly. I didn't even have to lift a finger. The dealership told me how much I needed to pay, I paid it, and everything was done.

Endurance Auto Warranty response

Hi, Emily. Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear you had a great experience with our team! Please contact us if you have any further questions.

- The Endurance Team

Original review: June 28, 2022

The Endurance policy is expensive but it seemed like it covered more. It’s $4,300 but my daughter had to have a warranty so I figured pay it by the month or pay it out of pocket and I wasn't paying any more out of them. She had a 2014 Chevy Cruze and I’d fix one little hose and then another hose would break or a joint would break or I had a crack in the antifreeze reservoir tank. Then the water pump went. It was constantly issues with that car. Now it’s resolved because there are no more parts to fix. I had everything replaced. I got tired of it.

I was comfortable going into the program with Endurance. I got burned on a warranty that I had bought before for one of my cars. I never used the warranty and it was almost $3,000 that got tied in when I financed the car. I never had to use it but when I made the last payment on that warranty, it was done. It was null and void. They screwed me over. So I had to fight and they paid a portion of it finally and then the dealership cut in, but I still had to pay 300 and some dollars just to get the work done. The first time that I have any kind of mess with this warranty or any other warranty, I will find somebody else.

I told the rep from Endurance that I was thinking on paying on this for three years. I asked the rep if it’s going to be null and void if it gets paid off early or if I go the full three years, and my daughter is not at 100,000 miles. And he said that even after the last payment, I’m still going to be covered. I said that I just wanted to make sure and he said that I’m guaranteed for three years or 100,000 miles.

On the phone, the rep was very knowledgeable and spent time with me. It wasn't five minutes and done and over with. I paid at the time of but he told me I had 30 days to cancel. He gave me all of the email documents that I had to print, which was substantial, but it is what it is. And I understood that concept. Then when I read through everything, he verified everything that was in the paperwork. So, to recognize and to be able to touch point on key information that's needed in order to sell these policies, he was very much on point. Everything that he said, I could confirm in the paperwork and the emails that I received.

Endurance Auto Warranty response

Steven, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Endurance! We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.

- The Endurance Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Please use a different company or better yet, pay out of pocket. If I could rate below 1 star and still be able to review I would. I basically just gave them money for nothing. When I traded vehicle and should have received a refund, after 3 months of extensive and exhaustive effort on my part, I was informed of a $15 refund as they CHARGED me the one claim I made. They "insured" me and kept that money, and then CHARGED back the claim. Plus took a payment and kept it AFTER vehicle was traded. I can't begin to tell you how much of a rip off this is. Oh and they say it is written in contract that way. LOL, beware, of this. There is a reason that 18% of all reviews are negative. I bought based on Consumer Affairs originally, I thought I had done the research properly, and now as a disabled, living on a limited monthly fixed income person, realizing I was taken advantaged of. Heed the headline... Just Don't

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I signed up for this program and one month later I canceled it because I found a better service at half the price with far more easy people to deal with. Come to find out, after checking my bank account, they never discontinued to charge my account for the monthly charge. They even charged my account at the beginning of the month and again at the end of the month! These people are deceitful, liars, and crooks!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I called Endurance and got my own warranty, and I explained to the guy that I wanted the best warranty that they have. He said the warranty that I purchased would cover everything that the vehicle came with with a new factory warranty. He made the joke that we can't call it bumper-to-bumper because it doesn't actually cover the bumpers, but it covers everything between the bumpers. I said, "Okay." Shortly after I bought my truck, I had a problem with a left rear-wheel bearing. The keeper on the wheel bearing had a problem, but I found that that was a common problem. Since I just purchased the vehicle, I contacted the dealer I bought it from and said, "Hey, I got the warranty, but I don't wanna use the warranty for this because this is something that you guys should cover." So, I had that dealership I bought it from cover that repair. I didn't call Endurance about it.

A while later, I get a check engine light, and it is the DEF fluid level sensor, which you can only get as an entire assembly, comes with the pump, and comes with everything. I said, "Okay. Well, this is something that should be covered, because the gentleman told me, 'It is from behind the front bumper to in front of the rear bumper, covers everything.'" I called them up and they said, "Oh, sorry, that's not covered." I was like, "Okay. Here we go. This makes perfect sense." A typical warranty company that I deal with will be like, "Oh, well, we'll cover a water pump but not a leaking seal." They can get out of covering something, and that's exactly what Endurance did. They said, "Oh, yeah, the pump's covered, but the sensor's not. Since the sensor's, the bad part, we're not gonna cover it."

I could have just put down the phone and called them back a couple of days later and told them the pump was bad, but I didn't, because we're honest. It still covers my engine and transmission, and those two are very high-ticket items. They're very expensive. So, if one of those two should go out, at least I'll have insurance on that but I'm not really satisfied with Endurance. The last guy I spoke with did a very good job at keeping me as a customer because I was gonna just cancel it, but the guy before him could use some polishing.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

My wife totaled the BMW we had under an Endurance warranty. When I tried to cancel it the agent tried to convince me that we needed to continue the warranty for the new car replacement. She informed me that we would have to get a document notarized in order to cancel the policy. Talk about making me jump through hoops! I still have not received the document.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I was going to cancel. The one thing that went out on my car was not covered. A fan assembly. And I waited on the phone for 45 minutes the 4 time but the lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful so I decided to keep them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

My experience with Endurance wasn't that good. They promised to send me the policy through the mail, but they never did. They also didn't send me the ID card. My husband got his. But I didn't get mine. Recently, my car had to get another transmission. I had to wait a whole month for my car. Thank God, I didn't have a job. I would have lost my job ‘cause I had to depend on my car. The communication with Endurance and the dealership wasn't that good. I spoke with a representative at the dealership, and he said the guy that he dealt with was rude.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Endurance kept turning me here and there to repair my car and then they could not repair the car fully. I'm not happy because they refused to pay for my repair. The car had the problem before I started the insurance but the real issue is I had an account with them and they closed it because they said they couldn’t reach me to get the payment automatically drawn from my account. After I changed my banker, apparently, they said they tried to reach me and they could not get to me. And that is far from the truth. By the time the car had issue when I took it for repair, they told me that my insurance was dropped. I have paid over $2,000 on the first account and now that the car had an issue, they said they could not reopen the account. But I have to open a whole new account. So, I did.

When they asked for the oil change from the repair shop, the repair shop also knew that my AC needed to be checked. And they said that because the issue was already there when I got the new account, they no longer covered that. I even told them that I can pay up to the amount that they said they were calling me and I did not respond, and then they reinstate the account. But they said no and the worst part was that my payment even almost doubled. From 110, it went to 200 and something.

I talked with customer service in getting the rent-a-car, which was another issue. They said I couldn’t get a rental car until I got a case number and then, I had to call Enterprise. Endurance wanted me to pay and they were gonna reimburse me. It took them almost two weeks to approve the case before they could even get me a rental car and the rental car they bought me was not even anything compared to my car. They said that when my car has an issue, they will give me a similar thing to my car. That wasn't even similar. Endurance should compensate your customer after they pay, after all, over $2,000 in their first insurance and they never have any issue or did any repair. They should compensate them when they have an issue for the second account too.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I had put in for quotes at Carshield and Endurance. I went with CarShield because it was 49 a month. In august 2021 I got a call from salesperson at Endurance. He asked why I went with them and I said due to cost and the only concern I had was the coverage and not covering electronics. He said they could cover the electronics, his coverage would cover everything including oil changes, brakes even alternator. His was more expensive but sold Me On $50 oil change reimbursement and brake pad coverages which almost offset the higher cost. I agreed and when I went to file a claim a year later I find out I was put on the basic of all basic plans (same as Carshield except $40 more) and I called talked with rep and all they want to do is put me on another plan and not cover repairs. I keep asking to hear the recorded phone call from the sales call and no one is letting me hear it!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I had an excellent experience signing up. They were pleasant.

Endurance Auto Warranty response

We're happy to hear that our team provided you with excellent service, Donovan. We’ll make sure that they receive your feedback. We're sure it will make their day!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Endurance was very good. The signup process was pretty easy. The only thing I didn't like is it takes them so long to send an investigator out to do the claim. So, you'd be without a car for about two weeks. Other than that, they did really well in handling the claim. The holdup is the investigator. It might be two to four days before the investigator gets there. In the meantime, you don't have a car or you’re just spending money on a rental. Then after they get there, it's like another two or three days for them to approve it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I am writing this review to help customers like myself. I bought a 2016 Yukon, and I was very happy, because I been wanting this vehicle for a long time, so I was beyond excited to finally have been able to buy it. I investigated auto warranties to protect my dreamed car that I have finally been able to buy. I compared prices with different auto warranties and compared reviews, I quickly found that Endurance was supposed to be the best one according to reviews, and well, I have quickly come to find out that Endurance is just as bad, as any other auto warranty as the others. My dream car quickly became a nightmare, and my Endurance warranty as well, or even worst.

When I bought the policy, (which is much more expensive than other ones, but I bought it because according to reviews, it’s a great company), they promised me the heavens and everything in them. They explained that for the policy to become effective, I had to wait 30 days and then drive 1000 miles from the purchase of the policy, well, now they are playing with words and denying the claim saying that I was supposed to wait 30 days and then drive 1000 miles for the policy to become effective, therefore making it a pre-existing condition.

Well, according to the contract, on page 12 of 26, even if there was a pre-existing condition, they are not supposed to deny the claim!!!! Also, the times that I have talked to them over the phone, they have been rude, not informative, and rude by talking over me when I am trying to explain something. This company is causing stress on me. I am very disappointed and unhappy with Endurance Car Warranty.

ARIZONA SPECIAL STATE REQUIREMENTS: We will not cancel or void this Contract due to pre-existing conditions, prior use or unlawful acts relating to the Vehicle or misrepresentation by either Us or subcontractors which were known by Us or the seller. Further, neither We nor Our assignees or subcontractors will cancel or void coverage under this Contract due to the acts or omissions of Us, Our assignees or subcontractors or for their failure to provide correct information or perform the services or repairs provided in a timely, competent or workmanlike manner.

Any cancellation fee imposed shall not exceed the lesser of 10% of the gross amount paid by You for this Contract or $50. Section X, subsection K, is amended to include: However, no coverage shall be excluded or void due to pre-existing conditions if such conditions were known or should reasonably have been known by Us or the seller. The ENTIRE AGREEMENT section of Your Contract shall include, “This Contract does not exclude coverage if the odometer was tampered with prior to purchase.” Section XVII. does not prevent the Contract Holder from his or her rights to file a complaint with the Arizona Department of Insurance.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Do not go near this company. They will clean out your bank account. I trusted Sarvesh ** // Floor Manager like an idiot. Instead of cancelling this warranty within the required time as they guaranteed they STOLE MY MONEY and won't give it back. My next call will be to the police and the FTC.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I bought a 2006 Ford Econoline van in early 2000, and my wife applied for an Endurance warranty. Over 2-1/2 years later, we filed for a claim, which was denied, due to a "mileage discrepancy". It seems that the dealership wrote the mileage that was on the van, when they purchased it at auction, on our purchase agreement. However, they listed a higher mileage on the CARFAX report (about 150 miles difference), due to them driving the van back from the auction, running errands, etc.. Not knowing this, my wife used the number on the purchase agreement as the actual mileage.

Since it was purchased, Endurance never contacted us about this "discrepancy", but happily took our payments. So, after all this time, and several thousand miles of driving, we had an issue with noisy axle bearings, a "covered" repair. And, the claim was denied. They breached the contract, and IMHO, owe us a full refund of all fees that were paid in, since THEY breached the contract. I am still trying to resolve the issue, but keep getting put on hold every time that I ask to speak to a manager. Note: my wife was told that they would rewrite the policy, with the mileage corrected, but that the current repair would NOT be covered. SCAMMERS!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Signing up was easy. But I could do without the service. I paid for a top of the line plan and every time I attempt to use it, I come out of pocket way more. I never just pay the deductible.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I have not had any issues with Endurance. The claims process seemed to take a while but I'm not gonna blame them because I think my biggest problem was my dealer. It took eight days to get my car back for a one-day job. I think the dealer was overwhelmed. The dealer always blames the insurance company no matter what. When I went out there, every time Endurance said they were gonna show up, they showed up. So, I’m more inclined to believe it was the dealer because I've had trouble with that before.

From my experience, Endurance is a good company. I had a problem with my transmission module and Endurance took care of the cost. The car came back fine. They came out to look at the car to make sure that everything is as the dealer said it was. They said they would be there by this time. They were there by that time. The car seems to be running fine since the repair. The dealer tried to tell me that I would have to wait another day because the insurance company had not paid. When I called the guy at Endurance, he said, “I've already paid them.” I called the dealer back and they told me, “Oh, yeah. We got paid. The car will be ready in an hour.” So, I'm very happy with Endurance.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

The timing chain cover seal leaked and I had my mechanic do the diagnostics. They were able to reach out to Endurance and get it fixed. Since it was a leak, I wasn't expecting to have so much of it covered but the majority of it was covered with my deductible. I only had to pay about $286 out of a $1,300 bill and I was pleasantly shocked. It worked out very well. Then, I had another claim for a key fob replacement, which ended up being covered completely. My mechanic had nothing but good things to say. The dealership also said they worked with Endurance and they were the easiest to work with. I'm very pleased that I chose Endurance.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

They were really easy to work with during set up and and customer service is easy to get a hold of. They are very polite and understanding. I'm satisfied with the claim process. Give them a shot to see if they can help. It’s worth looking into.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

After I got a quote from Endurance, it seemed like it was the best for my car. The guy I dealt with answered all my questions and gave me everything that it covered, how long, and what I need to know about it. He was informative. My biggest thing was covering everything, and I liked that it was 400,000 miles. I had a recent claim, and it took a little time but I got everything I needed to be done on the car, which I appreciate. Because it was so much money, somebody had to come out and approve. They had to go to my mechanic and look at what was done. That took a little longer than expected because it took two weeks to get that done.

The only thing I had a problem with was until it was approved, they wouldn't give me a rental car at all. It took like almost weeks. So, for two weeks, I don’t have a car. I had to pay out of my pocket for a rental car. It took longer than it should have because they kept giving me and my mechanic a runaround about who needed to approve it. It needs to go to the other guy, and the guy won’t be in on this date and that date. After the car was broken down and the guy came out to inspect it, he came the next day, which was good.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I was very satisfied with my most recent claim. The mechanics of the screen on the front dashboard stopped working. The dealership put the claim through. I just gave them the policy number and the phone number. The car was in the shop for two days and Endurance took care of it. I was very happy and I found them very easy to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

The reps were friendly and courteous. I had an issue we had to take care of but other than that, they're doing fine. I’m glad I had them. They covered it and I only paid my deductible.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I liked Endurance's customer service. On my most recent claim, there was a really big mess at the dealership. I have five kids, so I really rely on my vehicle. The dealership did not file the claim as they should have. I was waiting, and the dealership had already had my vehicle for about a week, so I decided to call Endurance myself and see what was going on. They ended up taking care of it faster. It was handled that day. For me, customer service is everything. I recommend Endurance to everybody.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I had two claims with them. I had a transmission problem and a short in the doors. All I had to do was bring the vehicle in to the mechanic's and get information about the car. They put it on file and those were taken care of. I'm kinda satisfied with what I have received so far from Endurance.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Endurance covered a higher mileage vehicle, and there wasn't anything that mechanically they didn't cover at some level. I drilled a lot of questions on the rep, and my questions were always satisfied from her answer back in some way or another.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

My turbo needed to be replaced. They didn't wanna pay for that major repair. I had to pull teeth to get them to pay for it. They ended up paying for it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

When I signed up with Endurance, it was quick. Their service has been good. The only thing that I didn't agree with was that they did not reimburse me for my rental car and that took forever. I was told to send my receipt to a particular person, and it was supposed to have gone to some other department. It was December 2021 and it just got resolved. I had to resend everything again and then they didn't cover it. I've steered away from getting a rental because if I'm not going to be reimbursed, then that's a lot of money out of my pocket. Their rates have not gone up with what the rates are, in general, because they only pay up to $30 a day. And it's not comparable with any rentals around here anymore. That needs to be addressed.

Otherwise, they pretty much paid for everything. They've answered questions that I've had. There were a few times when they said, “This isn't covered for this reason.” But when I would go back and look at the policy, it would say right here that it is. But they owned it and said, “I'm so sorry. Okay, we'll cover it.”

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

When I called, they talked to me like we were family. Everything about that makes you comfortable with who you’re working. The rep I've worked with has been a game-changer. Every time I call, I get clarity on whatever it is I'm calling about.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Do NOT utilize this company, over the last month they have denied my claim with no correspondence. Then when I have a new claim they have taken every avenue to gaslight me, push me off to others, refuse to address my concerns, blatantly conflicting information about documents and recordings, and even belittle me when I ask to escalate my claim to a higher authority. They do not desire to help people, most especially active duty veterans whom fight for the same freedoms that allow our country to have companies such as these.

After brining my claim back from denial for an error that made no sense, they denied it again after inspection citing clearly unrelated reasons that were even expressed by Mercedes-Benz personnel themselves! “The most ridiculous reason to deny a claim I’ve ever heard of” is what even Mercedes-Benz staff said. After over 20+ years of service defending our country I have NEVER been so badly mistreated and discarded by any company and it is shameful. PLEASE do NOT do business with this company as they do not value their customers or their veterans.