4.4/5 (2177 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors offer
    • Plans start at $79 per month
    • Month-to-month plans available
    • Covers cars with up to 300,000 miles

Cons

• Rental reimbursement isn’t standard

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

My experience with CarShield was what I thought it would be when I purchase the plan from the beginning. I would recommend it to anybody who is looking to extend the life of your car and your peace of mind.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking a moment to review CarShield. We appreciate your business and support.

Reviewing your account, we are pleased to see that the vehicle service contract has helped alleviate the cost of three different repairs! We are so happy to have you on board with us.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact CarShield!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

After dealership got done changing parts at my cost of $1,291.40, CarShield sent rep to dealership confirming actual issue and getting my Vehicle back on the road. Both torque converter and transmission were replace and the six month annoying noise was gone. Thanks Carshield???

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking time to review CarShield. We are happy to hear you're vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

CarShield only sells policies with the top-rated vehicle service contract administrators in the nation. We are pleased to have you on board with us.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I have a five year auto insurance from CarShield and I just wish it was longer. I've got less than 20,000 miles to go but still have two years left on it. I'm going to hit the miles before the contract is done. My claims are submitted by the dealership. I never got a hassle on anything and they never asked for any documentation.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking time to review CarShield! We appreciate your support and business. We're pleased to hear your claims have been taken care of, as expected.

In your review you mentioned being close to expiration. CarShield wants to assure you not to fret! You can always renew your coverage and keep your vehicle protected!

Just give our customer service a call and we will be more than willing to help you out.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

The guy "Jeremy" came on the phone and pitch his sale right away. High pressure. He knew everything. My car had a lot of miles already. I told him I took good care of my car and he went in it doesn't matter how I take care of my car. I told him it just Christmas and I need talk to my husband. And more high pressure sale. Kept cutting me off so I hung up. And then he kept trying to call. I thought I would be having someone listen to my needs not tell me what I need. No you won't be getting my business and 227 for monthly payments is not worth it.

Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely apologize if our representative treated you in a manner less than courteous and professional.

We train all of our associates to understand different situations and budgets. We do offer various programs to assist you and help get coverage into your budget.

Again, we do apologize if you had a less than pleasant experience. Our Quality Assurance Team will review the call and appropriate action will be taken.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I am the most forgetful person when it comes to leaving reviews - as I usually base many of my own decisions off of the experience & reviews of others - but this is something that upset me enough to literally create an account JUST to leave a review. I am also never one to bash a company as I know my opinion is my very own & I would never want this done to me, but when a company is a pure scam artist & deserves it, my sympathy and respect goes completely out of the window. I'll start off by mentioning that this is the third time I receive the same letter in the mail about my "vehicle warranty" being "expired". I also cannot forget to mention that my boyfriend received the exact same letter on the EXACT SAME DAY as I did - we have separate vehicles, separate bills, you name it (soooo, let's not be too obvious, guys)!

The very first time receiving this, I immediately called the dealership I purchased my car with and explained the situation, as they reassured me that my warranty remained in effect until 92,000 miles or until January 31, 2019 (which is exactly what I originally thought and a LONG time from now). After receiving this letter for the third time last week, I instantly disregarded. Today, I received a phone call about this same letter! Once I was finally connected to a sales rep - instead of a ridiculous machine - she asked me a ton of questions... including year, make & model of car, how many miles, etc. She also explained that I had an expired warranty. I proceeded to tell her that I called my dealership months ago about this letter & told her that my warranty isn't nearly expired. She proceeds along the lines of... "Ma'am, your warranty ends after 35,000 miles or by _____ (date - cannot remember).

Would you like to go over some of our plans to extend your warranty?" I stopped her there & was certain to let her know that I bought my USED vehicle with 52,000 miles already on it which obviously shows how accurate their system is, right? She continues... "Well, being that you're over 35,000 miles, this is why your warranty is expired and we were willing to offer you additional plans." As I told her that I purchased my own extended warranty WHICH IS STILL IN EFFECT at the same exact time of purchasing my car, she IMMEDIATELY HUNG UP ON ME. IMMEDIATELY!!!

What kind of scam is this? REALLY? HANG UP?? She thought she could get me because I was over 35,000 miles, but how could this company (if it's so legit) not know their facts before mailing letters & calling people? Also, if you didn't really want us to pick up on this scam, you should have a better system when someone gives a response that may not give you the business you wanted instead of literally hanging up in their face! HIGHLY UPSET! Please, no one give in to this SCAM!

Dear Ma'am,

First and foremost, on behalf of CarShield, I'd like to apologize if our mailers have cause you any inconvenience.

We are a company that markets and sells for only the top-rated and BBB accredited administrators in the industry.

We are saddened to hear you have had an experience with a representative that was less than professional & courteous. You allegations have alarmed us and we do not take these matters lightly. Our Quality Assurance Team will be contacting you shorty to gather more information so that we may investigate this matter further.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I received a letter from CarShield saying call within five days because my warranty may have or could have already expired. Since I just purchased my New 2016 Kia Forte5.. I was immediately shocked with worry.. especially when I know I covered this car with the works... full coverage, extended bumper to bumper... Gap ins. They were persistent to see that I need this Car Shield for after I pay the car off... At a rate of 213.00 per month for 15 months.. who has that type of money with a New car note and already fully covered. My suggestion is to DON'T SEND FRIGHTENING LETTERS OUT!!!! SEND ONE SUGGESTING ADDITIONAL COVERAGE...

Ma'am,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize if our mailer caused you any inconvenienced or frightened you, as that is not our intentions.

As you mentioned, our mailers do suggest consumers give us a call IF their factory has expired. We explain coverage is available through us and to call to activate a service contract.

We have coverage plans available for consumers on all types of budgets. If you're still interested in a service contract, one of our specialists will be willing to work with you and assist you in fitting a plan into your budget.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Claiming with CarShield is very easy. I filed my second claim because my horn wouldn't stop blowing. They had to take the whole steering wheel apart and it was under warranty. The auto dealership just took my information and they handled everything. I didn't have to contact them and get pre-approval. That was a very smooth transition. I recommend them to my friends.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are happy to hear your claims process went swimmingly, as expected.

If there's anything we can improve on, or anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Best Regards,

CarShield

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I have an old car and I didn't want to worry about stuff while driving. I’ve always been skeptic about the whole process of auto warranties in general, but I joined CarShield ‘cause I saw a commercial and it sounded legit. The initial call was pretty good. I got the information I needed and I got everything taken care of. It was so easy and I was doing it while I was driving.

When I called asking for additional information about what would happen in the event of me needing anything, their reps were good. I had a ton of questions and they were full of a bunch of information and were really helpful. They show that they really care at CarShield. I did not talk to some outsourced call center, or to someone who didn't know what’s going on or hasn’t been really trained on the policies. Everybody that I spoke with so far seemed to know everything that was going on and at any time that they didn't know something, they knew who to contact or who I needed to contact. It has been a very painless experience.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your kind words. We train each of our representatives and agents to be kind, courteous and helpful in all circumstances.

We truly appreciate your support and business.

Please, don't hesitate to contact should you have a question or concern. We are always here to help!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

A/C was not cooling. It took the tech a while to fix it. The dealership gave us a loaner car to use while they kept the car. Had to order parts. They made sure everything was working perfectly before they told us to come pick up the car. We were very pleased with their work and service.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear your claim went smoothly, as expected.

Please, call us if we can help you with anything else.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Well there was two people. The original person I spoke with had to connect me to the salesman. The salesman was like a used car salesman. I thought I was I want a parking lot somewhere looking at a lemon. Very pushy salesman. I told him I needed to speak to my wife which is true. It's for her vehicle. And he informed me that I would have plenty of time to speak to my wife and that if she didn't like it then they would refund the money back to my credit card. I do not do deceitful things behind the back of the one I love.

I was insulted that he would expect me to or ask me to. I am from him more than once that I would be discussing it with my wife and he could email these things to our email and he said he would be mailing the policy to me and that it would take 20 days and we could discuss it then. I don't know what kind of world we live in but it has greatly changed from the days when honor was automatic. I am a 50-year-old man and I do love my wife and my children. I wasn't raised like that and that's the reason why my family loves me. If this generation could learn honor, respect, courtesy and love for each other the world might last a little longer. Sincerely disgusted customer.

Dear Sir,

We have received your review and our Quality Assurance Team will be looking into this matter.

We apologize in advance if any of our representatives treated you in a manner less than professional and pleasant.

We thank you for your patience while we look into this for you.

No response received
    Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I'm extremely upset with this company for attempting to take advantage of my mother. They made her believe that the warranty for her car had expired and she had to get a policy with them. The warranty was 3x as expensive as the warranty my mother currently has (it still has a long way to go before expiring). Then, when my mother called to cancel, the individual on the phone attempted to convince her for several minutes to keep the policy when my mother clearly stated several times she wanted to cancel. Horrible business practices all around!

Mr. Ortiz,

A Quality Assurance Team Member will be in touch with you shortly to discuss this matter.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

One of my sons advised me not to buy an extra warranty, but then I never know when something is going to go wrong. I'm retired and I got a retirement check and social security. My car is a year old, and it can cause a lot of money to get it fixed, so I looked into getting a warranty. CarShield contacted me first, so I talked and went with them. The people at CarShield have been really good. I hadn't set up AutoPay. I usually get most of my bills through my email and I never received a bill. So, I missed the payment, and at the time, I didn't have the money. They worked with me to get caught up and then we set up for email notification. When they've contacted me, they've been really efficient, very cooperative and willing to work with me.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for putting your trust and confidence in CarShield. We are happy to have you on board with us.

Please, if you need anything else, don't hesitate to call!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I purchased a new extended warranty today. Rep I spoke to was very informative and clear as to what would be covered and the cost of the policy. I have not had to use policy since it was just purchased but am hopeful since my car is brand new (less than 10,000 miles), this will come in handy in the life of my vehicle if I ever need additional coverage.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review.

Please, let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

CarShield is the extended auto warranty policy for our 2012 BMW. My warranty was ending then and BMW is an expensive car to fix, so I figured a warranty would probably be in my best interest. Recently I had some electrical and engine repairs done and everything went well. The claims process was all handled by the dealership. We are satisfied with them.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your extended service contract is working in your favor, as expected.

Please, let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

My truck warranty was gonna run out quick. So I talked to two people from CarShield and both of them were great. My experience on taking out the warranty for my truck worked pretty good. The agent that I was talking to wasn’t just trying to sell me something, but actually thought that I needed it and it would be better if I had it. She sounded like she really meant what she’s saying. So after listening to her and talking to her, I went ahead and took the warranty.

Since it's gonna be three years from now before the warranty kicks in to full value, I didn’t want to pay the full price. The agent and her manager gave me a real good price and so I took it. CarShield's price was reasonable and I wasn't gonna get as good a price anywhere else, so I didn’t see any need to keep looking around. Also, their reps were able to answer and help me out with everything I asked. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. If ever I have to turn in a claim, it would be taken care of. CarShield is a fine company to work with.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for you review! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please, let us know if there's anything more we can do for you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Very good service. Garage was well-maintained. Keep me informed. Good price. Helped me find the problem. The contract was a good investment since the car's warranty had expired. I thought the price was costly at 1st but it paid for itself. I was glad for the purchase.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear your service contract has helped alleviate unexpected repair costs, as we expect it to do.

Please, don't hesitate to contact us, should you be in need.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Car repair under ext warranty - Repair went fast and easy, and paid quickly. Great company. Relief knowing my older car has protections. My '09 Hummer is no longer made so having extended warranty is great.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear your repairs went smoothly, as expected. We are more than happy to help keep you under protection. It is especially important to keep discontinued vehicles protected, as those vehicles tend to be more expensive to repair!

Thank you for your support!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Repair Service 2010 Kia Soul Air Compressor - My air had gone out on my car. I was looking for someone local to make repairs. I was referred by someone in the neighborhood so I visit the shop and a friend of mine was getting her car repaired and assured me great place. They looked at my vehicle and told me what was wrong and what it cost to repair it. I needed a compressor. I agreed upon the repairs and the work was done on time. This company is very professional and showed genuine concern about getting quality parts as that was one of my concerns. I was also told if any issues to come back and they would fix the problem. I rated them a 5 star service in every area. My air blows very cold. I am a satisfied customer. I have already referred customers to them. I am happy with Omnisure also.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time & support.

Let us know if we can be of service in the future!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I tried to get an extended warranty quote saying, I just bought the vehicle. I spoke to one salesman who didn't know why I wanted to talk it over with my wife so on to the head salesman who pushed and pushed for my cc. I said I just want a quote as well as other quotes from different companies which he said "We are the only company that sells for all the companies." Again I said "Thanks but just looking" and he really started getting angry that I just wanted a quote, saying I'm making a dumb mistake and "you might as well sell it if you don't get this warranty today". He said all the companies won't give me a quote too and hung up. Total idiot.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We do not take these allegations lightly. We will review the call and take appropriate action.

Thank you for your time.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We bought our Nissan Rogue used and it didn't have a factory warranty with it anymore. We had a warranty for our previous car and it worked out really well. It really was beneficial for us so we decided to get one again from CarShield. We've had to utilize them one time and it worked out well. We called the dealership, made an appointment and took the card down. They evaluated it and identified what the problem was. Then they got authorization that it was covered under the warranty and they fixed it on the same day.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to see your repairs were taken care of in a timely manner, as expected!

Please, call us if you need anything! We're more than happy to help.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Everything was fast and easy! Would def recommend this to everyone. The staff was very nice and helpful through everything. All I had to do was pay my deductible and even let me get a nice rental car for no cost to me! I am very happy with the service.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review!

We are pleased to see your repair experience was "fast & easy", as we expected.

We appreciated your continued support. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Knowing how the economy is, I got myself an auto warranty and CarShield's reps were very helpful and knowledgeable. When I filed a claim to them for the radiator, everything went smoothly. I even talked to the individual that did the work on the car radiator and he had the audacity to tell me that that happens a lot and if I had called it in under 38,000 miles I would have got it done for free. But because I didn't check it at that time, I had to pay to get it fixed. CarShield paid what they have to pay and I paid the rest. Whenever I get a car, I'm going to make sure I have that warranty because the warranty on the car always expires. The best part about the extended warranty is I could renew it and continuously have it at all times. With the car warranty, it's a whole different ballgame. It can be renewed but it's going to cost more.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear your service contract paid for your unexpected repair, as we anticipate. We appreciate your support and continued business.

Please, let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I was considering all the electronics on my car so I thought it might be wise to have an auto warranty so I got CarShield. My interaction with their specialist went really smoothly. I was pleased. When I took my vehicle in to the Ford garage and had it worked on last month, they dealt with them as to what's covered and what wasn't. So, that helped. Carshield's customer service team is very good. However, it took a couple of days longer than I thought it would because a part wasn't in stock. Nevertheless, it's all been wonderful for me and I was very satisfied.

Ms. Bork,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to see your experience during the claims process went smooth, as expected. Our Customer Service Specialists are highly-trained and qualified regarding all the ins and outs of your policy.

If you ever have questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

We look forward to working for you again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

After approval by claims administrator, car was repaired at Ford dealer. I had other services performed that were not covered by warranty, covered a leaky rear main seal, PTU seal, as well as a right axle seal and saved me over $2000.00.

Mr. Seglem,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear your repairs were covered and your administrator was able to help alleviate some of the repair costs, as expected.

Please, if there is anything we can do for you, don't hesitate to contact us.

Resolution response: Nov. 19, 2016

The transmission issue in my Taurus X has been repaired to my satisfaction at Bill Knight Ford by using my CarShield extended warranty. I am glad I went with CarShield.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

The extended warranty I had with Old Republic was running out and evidently, CarShield knows what warranties are running out so when their guy gave me a call, I decided I’d better go ahead and pull the trigger. Old Republic served me well and now CarShield is the one serving me since I got a re-extension with them. We talked about the plans and what it would cover and I went with the best fit they had. It’s come where I stood and I let it lapse for a while and then I had to catch it back up so we’re up to date now. Everybody was real courteous and worked with me.

I had to have some transmission work the other day and CarShield covered everything but $100 of it, which is my deductible, and I was happy. The service provider called them up and they told him to give the prescription, what the parts are, and the hours it’s gonna be. The service provider did that and CarShield said, "Go for it." It was an easy process according to the service provider and I didn’t have to do a thing. I was real impressed with it. So, everything’s been good so far.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your business and are pleased to hear your claims process went smoothly, as expected.

If you have any questions or concerns about your coverage, please don't hesitate to give our highly-trained and licensed Customer Service Specialists a call.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We've had CarShield before on our cars and got them again. When the timing chain on my Explorer went out, the process took a little longer than I anticipated. It took about a month after them sending out the adjuster for them to finally decide to put a new motor in it. But it all worked out in the end. The motor is fixed and running which is the important part.

Mr. Fresch,

Thank you for your time and input. We appreciate your business.

We are sorry to hear the repair time took a bit longer than usual. However, it's great to hear that you were taken care of and back on the road without breaking the bank!

Thank you, again for your business.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

My car ain't cheap and I never owned a Mercedes before so I decided to purchase an extended warranty. Having the policy is really valuable to me and so far, I am very satisfied with CarShield. They have covered me twice and I never had an issue.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that your vehicle service contract has helped alleviate the pressure of those costly repairs, as we expected.

We thank you for your continued business and support. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

I have no experience to report as of now. I am new to your company, but looking forward to letting all my friends any family know of what to expect if and when they chose to join me in being a long time happy client with your company. I hope to be passing nothing but five star comments in the future.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your time & review. We look forward to working with and for you in the future.

We appreciate your businness & support.

Best Regards,

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

So far we like it. We haven't had it long enough to know. The agent was very knowledgeable and helpful and explained the policies so we knew what coverages that we had. So far the only negative thing we have to say is that we have never received our policy.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your kind words. According to our records, our customer service specialist, whom you spoke with on November 4, 2016, has sent out a second copy of both polices via email and mail. Thank you for your patience while the contracts are being delivered.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

Requested a quote online. Sales guy called and tried using high pressure sales, once I pointed that out he developed a bad attitude! Within 2 minutes I told him to remove me from their list. He replied "Hey look you requested this quote and I won't remove you from our list"! I told this guy "I don't deal with high pressure sales" and hung up. This jerk called back in seconds, yelling at me on how rude it is to hang up on someone! I was in total shock, I'd never had a company do this. He continued yelling at me about how I requested information and he was going to give it to me. I hung up again after telling him 1 more call and I'd file harassment complaint with customer service. NEVER DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Dear Sir,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We will certainly check our records to see if your call was placed to our office. We apologize in advance if you had an experience any less that pleasant with one of our sales representatives. We train our representatives to be polite and courteous on every call. We will review the call and take appropriate action, if necessary.

Thank you for your time and patience.

CarShield Company Information