4.4/5 (2264 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors
    • Contracts available in Spanish
    • Transferable warranties
    • Covers various vehicles

Cons

• Inconvenient quote process
    • Limited benefits

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I tried to get an extended warranty quote saying, I just bought the vehicle. I spoke to one salesman who didn't know why I wanted to talk it over with my wife so on to the head salesman who pushed and pushed for my cc. I said I just want a quote as well as other quotes from different companies which he said "We are the only company that sells for all the companies." Again I said "Thanks but just looking" and he really started getting angry that I just wanted a quote, saying I'm making a dumb mistake and "you might as well sell it if you don't get this warranty today". He said all the companies won't give me a quote too and hung up. Total idiot.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We do not take these allegations lightly. We will review the call and take appropriate action.

Thank you for your time.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We bought our Nissan Rogue used and it didn't have a factory warranty with it anymore. We had a warranty for our previous car and it worked out really well. It really was beneficial for us so we decided to get one again from CarShield. We've had to utilize them one time and it worked out well. We called the dealership, made an appointment and took the card down. They evaluated it and identified what the problem was. Then they got authorization that it was covered under the warranty and they fixed it on the same day.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to see your repairs were taken care of in a timely manner, as expected!

Please, call us if you need anything! We're more than happy to help.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Everything was fast and easy! Would def recommend this to everyone. The staff was very nice and helpful through everything. All I had to do was pay my deductible and even let me get a nice rental car for no cost to me! I am very happy with the service.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review!

We are pleased to see your repair experience was "fast & easy", as we expected.

We appreciated your continued support. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Knowing how the economy is, I got myself an auto warranty and CarShield's reps were very helpful and knowledgeable. When I filed a claim to them for the radiator, everything went smoothly. I even talked to the individual that did the work on the car radiator and he had the audacity to tell me that that happens a lot and if I had called it in under 38,000 miles I would have got it done for free. But because I didn't check it at that time, I had to pay to get it fixed. CarShield paid what they have to pay and I paid the rest. Whenever I get a car, I'm going to make sure I have that warranty because the warranty on the car always expires. The best part about the extended warranty is I could renew it and continuously have it at all times. With the car warranty, it's a whole different ballgame. It can be renewed but it's going to cost more.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear your service contract paid for your unexpected repair, as we anticipate. We appreciate your support and continued business.

Please, let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I was considering all the electronics on my car so I thought it might be wise to have an auto warranty so I got CarShield. My interaction with their specialist went really smoothly. I was pleased. When I took my vehicle in to the Ford garage and had it worked on last month, they dealt with them as to what's covered and what wasn't. So, that helped. Carshield's customer service team is very good. However, it took a couple of days longer than I thought it would because a part wasn't in stock. Nevertheless, it's all been wonderful for me and I was very satisfied.

Ms. Bork,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to see your experience during the claims process went smooth, as expected. Our Customer Service Specialists are highly-trained and qualified regarding all the ins and outs of your policy.

If you ever have questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

We look forward to working for you again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

After approval by claims administrator, car was repaired at Ford dealer. I had other services performed that were not covered by warranty, covered a leaky rear main seal, PTU seal, as well as a right axle seal and saved me over $2000.00.

Mr. Seglem,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear your repairs were covered and your administrator was able to help alleviate some of the repair costs, as expected.

Please, if there is anything we can do for you, don't hesitate to contact us.

Resolution response: Nov. 19, 2016

The transmission issue in my Taurus X has been repaired to my satisfaction at Bill Knight Ford by using my CarShield extended warranty. I am glad I went with CarShield.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

The extended warranty I had with Old Republic was running out and evidently, CarShield knows what warranties are running out so when their guy gave me a call, I decided I’d better go ahead and pull the trigger. Old Republic served me well and now CarShield is the one serving me since I got a re-extension with them. We talked about the plans and what it would cover and I went with the best fit they had. It’s come where I stood and I let it lapse for a while and then I had to catch it back up so we’re up to date now. Everybody was real courteous and worked with me.

I had to have some transmission work the other day and CarShield covered everything but $100 of it, which is my deductible, and I was happy. The service provider called them up and they told him to give the prescription, what the parts are, and the hours it’s gonna be. The service provider did that and CarShield said, "Go for it." It was an easy process according to the service provider and I didn’t have to do a thing. I was real impressed with it. So, everything’s been good so far.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your business and are pleased to hear your claims process went smoothly, as expected.

If you have any questions or concerns about your coverage, please don't hesitate to give our highly-trained and licensed Customer Service Specialists a call.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We've had CarShield before on our cars and got them again. When the timing chain on my Explorer went out, the process took a little longer than I anticipated. It took about a month after them sending out the adjuster for them to finally decide to put a new motor in it. But it all worked out in the end. The motor is fixed and running which is the important part.

Mr. Fresch,

Thank you for your time and input. We appreciate your business.

We are sorry to hear the repair time took a bit longer than usual. However, it's great to hear that you were taken care of and back on the road without breaking the bank!

Thank you, again for your business.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

My car ain't cheap and I never owned a Mercedes before so I decided to purchase an extended warranty. Having the policy is really valuable to me and so far, I am very satisfied with CarShield. They have covered me twice and I never had an issue.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that your vehicle service contract has helped alleviate the pressure of those costly repairs, as we expected.

We thank you for your continued business and support. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

I have no experience to report as of now. I am new to your company, but looking forward to letting all my friends any family know of what to expect if and when they chose to join me in being a long time happy client with your company. I hope to be passing nothing but five star comments in the future.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your time & review. We look forward to working with and for you in the future.

We appreciate your businness & support.

Best Regards,

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

So far we like it. We haven't had it long enough to know. The agent was very knowledgeable and helpful and explained the policies so we knew what coverages that we had. So far the only negative thing we have to say is that we have never received our policy.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your kind words. According to our records, our customer service specialist, whom you spoke with on November 4, 2016, has sent out a second copy of both polices via email and mail. Thank you for your patience while the contracts are being delivered.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

Requested a quote online. Sales guy called and tried using high pressure sales, once I pointed that out he developed a bad attitude! Within 2 minutes I told him to remove me from their list. He replied "Hey look you requested this quote and I won't remove you from our list"! I told this guy "I don't deal with high pressure sales" and hung up. This jerk called back in seconds, yelling at me on how rude it is to hang up on someone! I was in total shock, I'd never had a company do this. He continued yelling at me about how I requested information and he was going to give it to me. I hung up again after telling him 1 more call and I'd file harassment complaint with customer service. NEVER DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Dear Sir,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We will certainly check our records to see if your call was placed to our office. We apologize in advance if you had an experience any less that pleasant with one of our sales representatives. We train our representatives to be polite and courteous on every call. We will review the call and take appropriate action, if necessary.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I demand a refund and cancellation of the contract. I was misled claiming that my warranty on my vehicle was expired even though I had a current one through my dealer which led me to call for more information. The whole time on the phone with the rep said that I would only be paying $61.93 total for 5 years NOT $6,193. This whole time they acted as if they were a part of the dealership or had some relation with the people I bought my original warranty with. If this is not refunded and cancelled I will be filing a claim against your company through my bank and suing your company for fraud seeing as based off your reviews I am not the first person this has happened to.

Mr. Cieslak,

We are sorry to see you go as a customer, but your account, as of November 2, 2016, has been cancelled and refunded. Our representative went over the refund process and according to our records, you have been refunded in full.

We will have the sales call reviewed by our Quality Assurance team to ensure the call was handled properly.

A Quality Assurance Specialist will be in touch.

Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Our extended auto warranty was running out. We've used the 5 years/50,000 as my wife's got over 50,000 miles already though we're still covered for the 100,000 in the engine and frames. But we never know when we'd need a warranty. We take a lot of trips and I don't want a breakdown and have no way to get the car fixed. So I checked every company and the CarShield reps were very pleasant and helpful on the phone. And if I had a question, they had answers or would check and find out right away. That means a lot. Their customer service was very good so I assumed their business is gonna be very good. We got the full package at $100 deductible which isn't that bad as well. I had to wait until I had 1,000 miles before the coverage started working which bothered me a bit but that's alright.

CarShield was all better on some of the services. Nobody except CarShield wanted to cover the electronics. That's very important. She has the radio and the navigation system, which she uses a lot, as one unit. That's $3,000/$4,000, so their coverage helps a lot. Then the CarShield coverage also included roadside assistance unlike with a lot of the other companies wherein I had to pay extra.

Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate the time you took writing this review. We are happy to see you were able to protect your vehicle with a great package at an affordable rate.

We pride ourselves in training our Sales Associates and Customer Service Specialists to be kind, courteous and informative. We are pleased to hear that was the exact experience you had been provided with, as expected.

Please, don't hesitate to contact us should you be in need of our services.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I entered my information online last week to get a quote. Today, I get the phone call and everything with the call was going fine until I spoke with an account manager. That account manager would not let me off the phone, especially when I told him I had an appointment to get to that was 30 minutes away. He kept saying he acknowledged that I had to go, but would not let me off the phone.

And each time I kept saying he was pressuring me into buying today when I did not have the money. He said sorry, but kept holding me on the line, especially after stating, "I'm sorry for pressuring you, but we're here to take care of you." I understood that, but to keep dropping the price each time I kept saying I had to go and would call them back after I had the money was not a way to gain my business. It was to gain a sale and why apologize if you keep doing the same thing?

So instead of him letting me get off of the phone so I can get to my appointment on time, I had to hang up on him. CarShield will be not getting my business. I just asked for a quote, but to keep being pressured the way that I was says volumes of how they handle their business. My personal mechanic does not charge a lot for repairs so whatever it costs when something breaks down on my car, I'll just pay him myself.

Dear Ma'am,

We will certainly check our records to see if your call was placed to our office. We apologize in advance if you had an experience any less that pleasant with one of our sales representatives. We train our representatives to be polite and courteous on every call. We will review the call and take appropriate action.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

Well, first I receive this letter in the mail stating that my warranty is going to expire on the brand new car I just purchased a few months ago. So, I panic, thinking I forgot to fill something out and immediately call the 800 # provided. A few minutes into the call I realize I have been "had". The sales pitch begins... I listen politely, decline and try to get off the phone. He continues to push me. Again I politely decline. He continues the "hard" sell. Now I find myself telling him my life story as to why I can't afford this right now. He doesn't care. He goes on and on about the terrible things that could happen to my car. Really?

Okay, now I get stern and say I am at work (I'm really not, but I'm desperate. He doesn't care... he keeps talking). This is the final straw. I hang up on him. And somehow I am left feeling like the bad guy. This is not fair! I am mad at the dealership for giving them my contact information. I am a little concerned that this crazy sales guy who I just hung up on has my contact information too.

Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for your time and patience.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

When I purchased the warranty, it was great. When I decided to use it, though, I had a problem. CarShield said they're going to pay for the transmission and for it to get tore down, but when I got it tore down, they said they aren't going to pay. I had to pay $500 something. It took the warranty people so long to make up their mind if they're going to fix it or not that I had to have a vehicle that I rented for ten days. I finally called and they said they weren’t going to fix it. Just for no reason. When I called to cancel the warranty, the guy asked me why I wanted to cancel and convinced me to fix it. But it cost me to keep my rental car for so long because of the back and forth. I was very unhappy about that part. The people who have the authority won't return your calls and were very short with me. But with the payments, they would gladly take my money out of my account. They don’t wait for weeks.

Dear Valued Customer,

The situation you have described here contradicts our records. A service specialist will be in contact with you to make sure we are providing you, our customer, with the best possible service.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I received a "FINAL NOTICE" in the mail that states: "Our records indicate that you have not contacted us to have your vehicle service contract activated. We are informing you that if your factory warranty has expired, you will be responsible for paying repairs..." This is designed to dupe unsuspecting/uninformed into paying for something they may not even need. In my case, my car is just over 1 yr old, still under factory warranty AND covered thru the extended coverage protection purchased w/ the vehicle. I will be forwarding a complaint to the State of Kansas A.G.'s office.

Lee-

We are sorry you feel this way. Can you please provide us with the customer id on the notice you received?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I received a solicitation today via mail from CarShield, offering an extended warranty on my wife's Honda Odyssey, however, the document was designed to make us think that we already had a relationship with CarShield, e.g. "Our records indicate that you have not contacted us to have your vehicle services contract activated" and "RESPONSE TO THIS NOTICE REQUESTED." They also list my "Customer ID" account number in their document as if am their customer. They are pretending to be affiliated with Honda in an attempt to fool the gullible consumer into contacting them. This is fraud, plain and simple.

Mr. Cummings,
    Thank you for the opportunity to respond ​to ​and resolve this issue.

We show no record of a consumer by the name of "Ken" Cummings and zip code listed in our company records. The Customer ID you provided pulled another name.

It states clearly on​ the mailer and on​ our website "CarShield & CarShield.com™ is not affiliated with any auto dealer or manufacturer." making ​it clear to ​consumers ​that we are NOT the dealer/manufacturer.

​O​ur company offers extended service contracts that take a consumer's vehicle well past the standard factory warranty​, ​very similar to what the dealerships can provide​.​The coverage ​we market is through industry-leading third party, A+ BBB accredited administrators. The administrators ​we market for ​paid over 2 million dollars in repair claims just last year alone!

We will be happy to remove you from our mailing list. We apologize for any inconvenience the receipt of our mailer has caused.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I was looking through different brochures trying to find out a decent warranty to put on my 2007 Lexus. The cost of parts is high so I have to have some protection. I decided to go with CarShield. I filed a claim for my alternator and I had no problem with the service, although I had to call a couple of times to get things straight. There was a time too when they couldn't find my payment for about 29 days. But when they did, CarShield applied it to my account.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Please, don't hesitate to give us a call any time your vehicle needs a covered repair. We look forward to working with you in the coming years.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I am just a customer doing due diligence in selecting a warranty company. I contacted CarShield and was passed from someone named Becky to a manager named Sean. They totally had me until Sean suddenly started talking to me in a way I can only describe as absolutely rude. All I was asking for was a sample contract so I could compare coverage. He replied by saying if he did that I will never call him back! I literally had my credit card out ready to buy when he started down a high pressure road. Then he said he would only do that if I gave him the down payment now! He eventually sent it to me but then demanded I stay on the phone while I read over the contract. I just can't stress how sold I was on the warranty until Sean began with the incredible high pressure in a rude manner. They lost a customer instantly when he did that. Finding a good company is turning out to be such a struggle.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

The CarShield rep was wonderful and it's been so easy to make payments for the warranty with a check every month. Also, the service we got was perfect when we had a claim. The car's transmission went so we filed the claim and the dealership fixed it. Everything is perfect with CarShield.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience when needing a covered repair taken care of, as we expect. Give us a call anytime you have a question or are in need of our services.

We are always happy to speak with you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

CarShield was willing to negotiate their price. Their rep was cooperative and making payments was easy. I had two claims with them and they covered both things. The warranty was certainly helpful with this last repair, which would have been $1100 out of my pocket. My experience with them was fine.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for taking time out to write to us about your experience.

We are pleased to hear you are happy with the purchase of your extended vehicle service contract and that it is working in your favor, as expected.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything more we can do to assist you!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I purchased an auto warranty to help us take care of any major issues that might come up with the car. CarShield covered a much higher mileage than what most of the other warranty companies seem to cover. The policy was affordable and it was easy making payments. I filed a claim with them a month ago for transmission that went bad. I gave their number to the Ford Company and they contacted the warranty company. They pretty much took care of it all. I just had to wait a few days for the equipment to show up.

I made a few calls to CarShield and they stick to the book in regards to the policy that I purchased and it’s understandable. The biggest problem I have sometimes with them was trying to find information on when I need to call on them. Or, I may forget what their company name is. Other than that, I wouldn't go without an auto warranty. I’d say it paid for itself last month.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear that you received the service and service contract that you expected and needed. It is our goal to qualify our customer's vehicles with the best level of coverage at the lowest price available. This makes it possible to protect your car without breaking the bank.

We are so pleased to have you on board with us and are happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Please don't hesitate to contact us when we can be there for you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I didn’t want to be without a car and I wouldn’t have been able to pay for that out of pocket right upfront so when I got the first letter for an auto warranty from CarShield, I went with them. When purchasing it, I was very pleased with the service that I got. It was easy making payments too as it automatically drafted out of my account. When my transmission flipped and it jumped whenever I accelerated, I got it replaced and it was a very big hassle because I took my car in on a Thursday. They didn’t come out until Monday to take a look at my car to see if it was approved. That left me without a car all weekend long. It took them two days to approve me so that left me for about a week without a car. I was very upset about that because they wouldn't cover our car and it was very complicated. But other than that, having the extended auto warranty is very valuable.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your administrator and their claims process.

We appreciate the time you took to write this review and use every source of input to better our company.

Please be advised, we will be in contact with you to get a better understanding of the situation.

Again, thank you for your time.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

It's been great so far with CarShield. They were the auto warranty provider that the dealer provided. The cooling system of our car broke so we filed a claim for our air conditioner to have it replaced. It got replaced and everything was fine. Everything’s been really easy with the customer service team too other than when we didn't have the number in the car and we needed to have the car fixed at the time. We had to call them to get the number, but we found the number when we got home and we just put it back in the car.

Dear Valued Customer,

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

My husband told me that getting CarShield would be a good idea because after the car's warranty runs out, repairs might pop up unexpectedly and we don’t always have money available. We answered a mail solicitation before and CarShield contacted me. My husband took care of everything as far as acquiring the extended warranty. He just told me to make money available. I had run into a little problem early on, but when we contacted them, they took care of whatever needs to be taken care of. We paid the deductible, and they handled the rest.

I filed two claims so far. The first one was about a rotary. Once I gave them the account information, the people doing the repair didn’t have any problems. They reimbursed, so that worked. The second claim was when my GPS that went out, and they replaced that board. I like what I have. It is really good because I'm still paying for the car. And as my husband said, if I didn’t have that insurance, it would've been really difficult to make the payment and then get the repairs done too.

Dear Valued Customer,

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I'm very happy with my CarShield experience. The company has awesome reps and their people are very helpful. Having the policy is very valuable. I gave them permission to take payments out of my checking account every month and it's paid back itself already. My train went out and I would have spent $3,000 to fix it but it only cost me $200, so it’s so much worth it. Their customer service team took care of the issue right away and got it done.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your continued business and support. We are always pleased to hear our customers are being taken care of, as expected.

We pride ourselves on making sure our Sales Associates and Customer Service Representatives are going above and beyond their call of duty to provide superior care and service for our customers.

Please, if there is any way we can be of assistance in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

When I took my PT Cruiser to the Chrysler dealer, they filed a claim for me to CarShield. But Chrysler's been terrible and it took them three weeks to get my vehicle's AC fixed and back to me. They also took so long with the first two claims I had and they said CarShield didn't pay but I found that they did. So CarShield's been great, professional, and very rewarding.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are so sorry to hear your repair facility has been less than helpful with your claims process. Please remember, you can use any ASE certified repair facility for your repairs.

We are pleased to see that the coverage plan CarShield set in place for you has been more than "rewarding" as you said.

Thank you for your continued business and support!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

Making payments for my CarShield warranty was very easy. The price range was what I expected. Though their protection specialist didn't give me that much information, they sent a brochure and that's what I went through. I filed a claim in the beginning of August for my AC compressor. They covered it and worked real well with the dealership on it so it was fine. Everything ran smoothly and that's what I enjoyed. It was a reliable and very smooth interaction.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear that your claims process with your administrator went smoothly, as expected.

If you ever have questions or concerns regarding your policy, please give our Customer Service Specialists a call. The telephone number is listed on the first page of your service contract.

Thank you for your continued support.

CarShield Company Information