Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote
1.00/5
Based on 24 reviews that contain star ratings

Miami, FL

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote

61 National Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 11, 2008

I have had the opposite experience that everyone has had. This company knows what that are talking about and serviced my shipment to the T! My company had a deadline with a marketing campaign and our clients car needed to be in 3 cities in 4 days and National Auto Transport got the job done. I would use them again without question.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2008

ERIC R. GILBERT

9225 W. CHARLESTOWN BOULEVARD APT. # 1107 LAS VEGAS, NV 89117-7053 (561) 302-5954 Cell # EricRGilbert@yahoo January 6, 2008 Consumer Services Department/State of Florida 140 West Flagler Street, Suites 901 - 904 Miami, Florida 33130 To Whom It May Concern: On December 10, 2007, I retained the services of National Transport, a company based in Miami Florida to transport my 2003 Ford Mustang from 5961 NW 2nd Avenue, Boca Raton, Florida to my new home address at 9225 W. Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89117. When I hired National Transport, I provided them with a $200.00 credit card deposit to secure their services which was charged to my American Express. Sal from National Transport was the original sales person who was consistently telephoning and emailing me for my business being that I initially inquired about National Transport companies via the internet. National Transport breached there services with me and caused me thousands of dollars as outlined below: 12/10/2007: I retained the services of National Transport and received from them a one page contract (Exhibit # A) that I promptly faxed back to them. The contract clearly states that my vehicle would be picked up between December 19 and December 20, 2007. 12/12/07: A truck driver who contracted with National Transport telephoned me and requested to pick up my vehicle by December 14, 2007. I then contacted Sal and informed him that I was not moving until December 21, 2007 and Sal advised me not to worry as another truck would pick up my car by December 19th, 2007. 12/18/07: I spoke with Louis (the customer service representative) to confirm when my car would be picked up. Louis informed me that the car would be picked up between the 19th and 20th as the contract stated and for me to call back on the 19th to find out the exact time. 12/18/07: I brought my car to the Delray Ford to have an oil change, tire rotation, and new battery being my vehicle was being transported across the United States. The cost of this was $150.00 Page 2 12/19/07: I contacted Louis to inquire on the specific time when my vehicle would be picked up. He informed me the vehicle now would not b e picked up until Friday, December 21, 2007 and the truck driver would be contacting me by the close of business on Thursday, December 20, 2007 to advise me when it would be picked up. 12/20/07: I left several messages on voice mail for Sal and Louis advising them the truck driver never contacted me. 12/21/07: I spoke with Louis twice and Alma (another customer service representative at National Transport) and they both informed me that my car would positively be picked up no later than 5 PM on Friday. Louis also informed me he called the driver directly and confirmed a 5PM pickup. Being I was losing faith with National Auto transport due to the truck driver never contacting me on Thursday as I was promised, I demanded Alma to provide me with a direct phone number for the driver who would be picking up my vehicle later that evening. Alma refused to give me this information informing me it was against company policy. I then asked Alma what should I do if the driver never shows? Alma’s response was “Mr. Gilbert, please don’t worry, the driver will positively be at your condo by 7PM. I just called with him to check. At 5:20 PM, I telephoned National again and there was no answer even though Louis earlier in the day informed me his office would be open until 6PM. At this point, I was praying that the driver would be calling me to advise me what time he would be at my door. By midnight, I realized that my car was not going to be picked up and was lied to by Louis and Alma at National Auto Transport. 12/22/07: Because of the driver not showing and not being able to reach anyone at National Transport, I had no choice but to sell my car at Carmax in Fort Lauderdale for a mere $9K being that I was starting my new job in Las Vegas the following week and had to settle in. This was way below the market value of $12K for the vehicle. In addition, I had to incur $80.79 in Federal Express Charges. This was due to the car being completely full with personal items (in the trunk and back seat (i.e. clothing, dishes, TV) and I had no choice but to remove some of these items and just give them away as it would be impossible to ship everything the last minute. 12/24/07: Bob (a contractor for National Auto Transport; phone # 727-524-3292) contacted me in the afternoon and informed me that he received an order from National Transport late on Thursday evening and he would be picking up my automobile this week. I informed him that his services were not needed as they gave me no choice but to sell my car. He truly apologized but informed me he received my order late on the day on Thursday, December 20, 2007. 12/26/07: Louis, the officer manager, from National Auto Transport, telephoned me and denied any wrong doing. He informed me that I should have left my car with a neighbor. I reiterated that his company breached their contract and caused me over $7K in damages. National Auto Transport gave me no choice but to sell my car at a major loss. His response laughing was I am not even going to give you back your $200.00 deposit and do whatever you want, I could care less! Page 3 I am requesting the Department of Business Regulation to kindly investigate my complaint and prosecute National Auto Transport to the full extent of the law so this doesn’t happen to another innocent consumer. Being that I utilized my cell phone to communicate with National Auto Transportation, I have no problem producing copies of my cell phone records. Respectfully submitted, Eric R. Gilbert
    Original review: Sept. 8, 2008

National Auto Transport provided me a quote of $945 (including $200 deposit) with pre-charge of $200 to my credit card, that was guaranteed (supposedly). I was charged a different rate at time of car delivery due to circumstances that was in the companys control, not mine as the consumer. At the time of the quote, I asked for Open Transport. The driver showed up with a closed truck because he said he usually uses his open truck, but he had to pick up a Race Car so he came with the closed transport instead.

I called customer service the day of transport, left a message for the representative Sal who provided the quote, which was never returned. I called again, the next Business day, and again the next Business day finally speaking with a Customer Service Representative, who advised me that I would receive a refund to my Credit Card for the difference as told to him by the BILLING DEPT, and I would be getting an e-mail confirmation that I never received.

I called again today Sept. 8, 2008 to speak with the billing department, after again not getting a return phone call or e-mail, but the Customer Service Manager (VERY RUDE TO CUSTOMER - ME) argued with me telling me the situation was MY FAULT and I would not be refunded! Very unprofessional they NEVER returned one of my calls from messages I left since the date the driver presented at my residence on Sept. 1, 2008, and NEVER returned e-mail correspondence!

I will definitely pursue Legal options for something that could have been solved very simply with courtesy by the company! On Sept. 4, 2008, I was advised that they (National Auto Transport Billing Dept.) would refund my credit card $155 for the difference lost. Sept. 8, 2008, after not receiving my e-mail about the refund, I called again and the Customer Service Manager rudely advised me that the LOSS was my fault and I would not get a refund.)

Original review: Aug. 18, 2008

Called to schedule a move from Tuscon AZ to Honolulu. Company was very quick to give me a low quote and to promise to pick up on a Thursday. My CC was charged 270.00 and I waited for the dealership to tell me the car was picked up. Thursday - no pickup I called the National - THEY ARE ONLY A BROKER!!! It took me 30 or 40 times trying to get through before I finally reached a person. They said the pickup driver had problems and was ON THE WAY NOW to the dealership. It is now Monday and my car has not been picked up yet. I can not get

through to them by phone after 20 or 30 tries and will cancel my CC payment tomorrow. The only thing they did was call Matson lines to say I will be shipping a car. I should have been more observant to the fact that NO ONE would give me their name other than MR. MOORE and I am sure that was fake. I have not been able to get in touch with a manager to file a complaint it always transfers to a never ending voicemail dump... This company should be avoided at all costs. The lower price is not worth trusting your auto to this non responsive - poor service company that may every now and then ship your auto with good results.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2008

I called and made a reservation but I never received an email confirmation and was never called by the trucking company to confirm my reservation. My car was never picked up for transportation on the day requested.

A $200 deposit was taken without the follow thru of service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Auto Transport?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2008

I spoke with a a man named Sal on thursday, July 31, 2008 inquiring about having our vehicle transported from Wilmington, Ca. to Fayetteville, N.C. He quoted me with a reasonable price but what sold me is the availability for pick up which was for August 4, 2008. He verbally told me that my vehicle would be picked up on that date, which was very important to us becuase of the availability of help from my family to represent us. We were told that this date would not be a problem and not to worry about the two day estimated pick up, which we stressed at the time. In good faith and to our mistake, we agreed.

Monday, August 4, 2008 rolls around and the truck that was supposed to be picking up our vehicle seems to be running late so the family calls Sal three times with no luck. They then called the customer service number, twice, also with no luck. They become a little worried and call us. I tried calling Sal four times but did not get anyone. I then called the customer service line twice, again, with no luck (seemed to be a consistent issue) and sent an email in hopes of some type of response from this professional company, at which time I had to return to class. On my next break, I get a call from the family saying that when they tried to call the company, they got an answering machine saying they were closed. In disbelief, I attempted to call the company myself, and I also got the answering machine saying they were closed.

Today, August 5, 2008, my wife calls the customer service number (surprise) and talks to the owner of this business. My wife explained the situation and how the August 4, timing was critical. She canceled the services and requested for a refund of our deposit at which time the owner begins to give her an attitude and responds in unrofessional behavior. My wife got off the phone crying and told me what had just happened and that we will not be getting our deposit money back from National Auto Transports unrendered services.

I proceeded to call the business myself and ended up talking to a woman named Alejandra, and asked to speak with Rick to figure out what was going on and try to settle the problem. Rick apparently was not available so I asked to speak to either his partner or a manager, Alejandra then gets an attitude with me. She tells me that she is the only person I can talk to, so in order to de-escalate the problem I explain the situation to her. At this time she settles down a bit but says there is nothing she could do about the problem and that we would not have our deposit returned for their unrendered services. Not only has this effected my wife emotionally but we are now out $200 with a car still sitting in a garage on the other side of the country.

Original review: July 28, 2008

When I received my initial quote from representative Sal Nicolleti of NAT for $2200 to ship my vehicle from Hawaii to Virginia, I received great customer service. He was very friendly and informative. Although NAT's quote was higher then other competitors, Sal kept throwing around their Better Business Bureau rating, making me feel like I was paying for better service.

Once I made 2 payments totaling $1255. It was impossible to get a call back or e-mail from Sal in reference to questions I had. When my vehicle was being delivered to it's destination, the driver called many times from 1am-6am because he had trouble speaking and understanding the English language. He then demanded that we pay $1000 instead of $945 which should have been the remaining balance. It was a $55 difference from the agreement I had with NAT.

Although we had the receipts to prove it, we paid the man $1000. When I called the company on 3 separate occasions to file a claim. I was told on all occasions that I could not speak to a manager and that I would have to wait for an e-mail or call back. A week later I still have not received that e-mail or call. This morning I called and spoke to a representative by the name of Enrique. I explained the situation and how frustrated I was. He was not empathetic but instead very rude and condescending. When I asked to speak to his manager at least 5 times he bluntly said no. He then went on to say this relationship is over, your vehicle has been delivered. He said, sit and hold your breath for your refund, after hanging up on me. I did not deserve this type of treatment. I was not disrespectful to him in any way. I have several years of customer service experience and I always try to conduct myself in a professional manner no matter the situation. I have been treated very unfairly. This experience has not only been inconvenient but very stressful. Now I'm just waiting, and holding my breath.

Original review: July 18, 2008

Wanted to ship my SUV from Miami to Virginia. Spoke to Sal who quoted me a good price and promised door-to-door delivery. I booked with NAT some 12 days ahead of the agreed pick-up date and deposited $200.

The pick-up date came and went with no pick up. Nobody would answer the phone at NAT. I must have called 50-60 times; I figured they must have caller id so I switched to a new phone and then -- bang! -- they answered. Got some customer rep who said she would call somebody and get back to me wiht an hour.

Next day still no call, and they, again, would not answer the phone. I called Point-to-point and they were terrific. I called my credit card company and canceled the payment to NAT. THEN, they called. Very abusive customer service rep, a woman, who yelled that I was violating the contract! I told her where to get off and continued to call my wife's cellphone and give her grief. They are scam artists.

I had to make other arrangements and delay my trip by 48 hours.

Original review: July 7, 2008

They overcharged me $509.56 !! They promised me a refund. They even took my FEDEX number to send me my check. Weeks have past, no check. They won't even take my calls. I've left dozens of messages, they don't care. NAT's employees, Sal, Lisa, Luke, and Freddie all lied to me. Don't do business with NAT.

They took my deposit and didn't apply it to my transport bill and won't refund my money.

Original review: June 30, 2008

In May of 2008 my family and I relocated to Missouri from Louisiana. After having complications with a previous company regarding moving my vehicle I look on the BBB website for an accredited auto transport company. I contacted a few other companies for quotes. I contacted Jay with National Auto Transport, which had an A+ rating on the BBB website. On thursday june 19, he gave me a quote and told me that they could pick up my vehicle the following monday 23rd or tuesday 24th. In agreement with the dates I gave Jay a credit card deposit in the amount of $175.00 which was withdrawn on June 20th.

On the 24th after no contact from National I began calling Jay with National, the phone lines were busy all day the 24th and the 25th. I assumed their phone lines were down. On the 26th a guy who I had contacted before National, but had given no deposit to, had contacted me to let me know that he had a truck coming to missouri from texas and could pick up my vehicle. So since I had not heard from National I went ahead and took that spot. I finally got through to Jay's voicemail and left messages on the 26th and 27th for Jay to return my call. On the 30th I tried contacting Jay again, with no luck I dediced to give up on Jay and just go through to a CUSTOMER SERVICE representative.

I contacted a Mr. Maury, if that's how you spell it cause when I asked for the correct spelling he told me figure it out on your own, I told Mr. Maury the agreement and that since it had not been picked up and I lucked up and gotten someone else to pick up my vehicle, and I informed him that I had been trying to call them since last week but they must have had phone problems. After informing him that I wanted to cancel he tells me that is my money, you will never see it again cause you tried to play me. If anyone knows what trying to Play him means please let me know. I asked him to speak to a manager and he tells me I'm the manager. I hung up and called right back. I got through to a Luis and asked to speak to a manager, so he gives me the manager MR. LUIS, coincident that they have the same name but he informed me that it is a different person.

So in tears because I was so upset by the way Mr. Maury spoke to me, I begin telling Mr. Luis the situation and I tell him how Mr. Maury spoke to me. Well he tells me that you might not know what play me means but we all do, and that this situation is like if we were married and you cheated on me. I inform Mr. Luis that this scenario he is giving me is very unprofessional. He tells me that my vehicle was in rotation to be picked up on the 24th so he will contact his driver to find out if his driver tried to contact me and if he did then he will not be able to give me a refund, so I asked him what would happen if the driver tells him that he did not try to contact me at all, he says he will not say that. Whatever. So he puts me on hold and tries to call the driver, no answer. SURPRISING. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE anyone who has trouble with this company report it to the BBB so that their rating will go down. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: June 23, 2008

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I booked to have my car shipped from Miami to No. Virginia. I used my AMEX card to leave a $200 deposit. The car was to be picked on June 21 or 22. Nobody showed up. I called the office at least thirty times and got only a recording telling me all agents were busy and I could leave a voice mail message. Nobody ever called back. On the the third day of calling finally somebody answered the phone and said she would get back to me. Never happened. Many calls later I still could not get anybody to answer me; left many messages and sent emails. Nothing. I drove out to their address as given on their website; either the address is incorrect or the office does not exist at all. There was nothing there. Finally I called AMEX, who told me they had many complaints about this company. AMEX refunded my charge.

A scam if I ever saw one. Avoid these people.

Thanks to AMEX, my credit card was credited for the $200.

Original review: June 20, 2008

I am trying to send my car to Texas and going through various websites, I found what appeared to be a VERY reputable company with an A rating with the BBB. I rec'd a call from Jay Moyano who left me a very nice, professional message - I returned the call on June 4th and scheduled the transport for June 16. He took my deposit via debit card. After NUMEROUS telephone calls and excessive e-mail attempts, I still hadn't received my contract, but the $185 deposit was taken from my checking account on June 5th.

I FINALLY rec'd ONLY PAGE ONE of my contract via e-mail on June 13th - NINE days AFTER we spoke and he took my debit information. I tried & tried to reach Mr. Moyano to advise him that I would not sign/return this contract until page two (2) was sent. I never rec'd a response until the 16th (via e-mail) and with it was an attachment of page 2 of the contract. (and by the way, what a JOKE it is!!!)

On June 16th I sent the contract back (very hesitantly) because I really needed my car to be shipped as promised on the 17th or 18th window that was given to me. I still was trying to reach Jay Moyano, but he even to this day has not returned ONE phone call. I was able to speak to someone in Customer Service on Tuesday, June 17th who told me that ABE TOWING would be at my location to pick up the vehicle between 3 & 6 p.m. = NO SHOW, NO CALL. So, the following morning, I called again and this time spoke to someone named Lisa who said the same company would be at my location between 3 & 6 p.m. I asked her to give me the phone number of the transporter, but she said she could not.

That same day (6/18/08) at 11:50 a.m., I rec'd a phone call from Kyle Reed who assured me that AGULA Transport would be calling me VERY shortly to schedule the pick-up time. He apologized for Mr. Moyano, said all the right things and made me feel SO much better. Before we hung up from our 10 minute + coversation, I asked for his extension and he told me it was 2207 & to feel free to call anytime with any questions. Well - 6:30 p.m. arrived and I still hadn't rec'd a call from the transporter. I waited until the following morning (June 19th) and tried calling that extension and it didn't even EXIST. I tried calling the toll free number and this time NOBODY ever answered, no voicemail options - just the nice little hold message they have - then it just cut me off!! That was IT! I was DONE with this company & went to my bank to file a debit dispute. I still haven't heard anything back and am going to begin my search again for another carrier - this time I'll do a LOT more research instead of going by what the BBB reports.

Original review: June 4, 2008

Made arangements to have two classic cars shipped. Made sure to repeatedly ask for an enclosed trailer, and was promised an enclosed trailer. The price we paid also reflected shipping on an enclosed trailer. I was promised pick up the following monday. Monday came, heard nothin. Thursday comes and find out they have charged my credit card for a hundred dollars more than the deposit quoted.

I never signed any papers agreeing to pay deposit, but they had my credit card number. Spent the next week trying to get ahold of them to find out when delivery would be, nothing. Finally was told delivery was confirmed for sat, June 1. Waited around all of the weekend for my car, nothing. Called and complained monday, was cursed at, yelled at, called a child, put on hold, and in general given the run around. Worst customer servcie I have ever dealt with.

Finally got a call from the truck driver today (June 4) saying he would drop the car off. The car is in fact on an open trailer, it is raining outside, and the car has no roof on it. The interior will be ruined, and I am out most of the money invested in this classic. Called NAT and they again cursed, put me on hold, and lied to me. I understand it is not the truck drivers fault, but NAT is the worst transportation broker on the market. I really dont know how they are still in buisness.

I am out over 3000.00 in shipping costs alone and didn't get the services i paid for. Both of my cars sustained damage from being transported on an open trailer as opposed to the enclosed trailer i was promised and paid for.

Original review: May 8, 2008

In April, we arranged to have our car shipped from Seattle to NYC. The car was delivered in the timframe promised but we had to go to New Jersey to pick it up. We arranged a time and place to meet the driver but ended up waiting 4 hours. Our repeated calls for information to the driver and the National Auto headquarters were not answered or returned.

When the driver finally arrived, he wanted to be paid in cash - would not accept the credit card which was used to pay the deposit. He eventually settled for a check.

When we took delivery of the car, we discovered a theft and excessive mileage. We called the driver, the temporary storage lot and National Auto Transport to report it. National Auto transport has not returned any of our calls - the driver and storage lot claimed to have no knowledge. Later we discovered that National Auto Transport overcharged the deposit on the credit card.

We have disputed the charge with the credit card company and filed complaints with the BBB of Washington State and New York State - the contact number for National Auto Transport goes un-answered.

Original review: May 7, 2008

Unbelievable experience...i'm still in shock. Called for a quote arcata,ca to blaine,wa & sal - extremely helpfull & courteous gave the quote & a lot of info. I booked the move the next day & paid $200 security deposit by visa. This was April 3rd for an April 9-10 move. The move date came & went w/ no action. I called & they said they'd try the next week...again nothing happened. I called again & again & again & was continually told no trucks available, no trucks in area, no driver, etc!

The rhetoric from the company was that if not moved by May 1st - full refund coming. Surprise!! May 2nd - no action. I called them May 6 & guess what ? No refund - they're keeping all of it. Outright fraud! I have no idea how they contiue to operate! BTW - Sal, whom i booked the move w/ originally, depite 10 emails & numerous calls - i've never heard from or spoken with him since. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS CO.!

Original review: April 30, 2008

These people should not be allowed to operate a business. They are scam artists. I called to place an order to have my car shipped and less then 24 hours later I called to cancel and they wouldn't have it. They refused to refund my deposit of 200 bucks. When I threatened to dispute the charge with my credit card company they threatened to charge my card at the mall over the weekend. In addition they never even sent me a confirmation of the order or anything.

I'm still trying to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

Original review: April 24, 2008

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I faxed infomation to hold a spot to ship my Nissan Murano from Idaho to Texas. I called back the next day and said I was not going to use their service. I never even signed a formal letter to ship my car like other company's use. I received my car from another company on February 23rd.

Its now April 24th and i still do not have my $200.00 refunded. I emailed the company 3 weeks ago and not one responded. I called today (april 24th) and was told my information was sent to the billing dept and allow 4-5 days. Please do not use this company. This is not right for them to take your deposit money and to never hear from them again. I guess this is how they are still in business. I will also be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: April 12, 2008

I call (NAT)ON 1-28-08 to make arangements to take my cars to Dallas TX.they said it would coast me $1,850.00, on 2-6-08 I payed them $325.00 deposit, after they got my deposit,they didn't respond to any phone calls or e-mails I asked for my money back.I still haven't got A responce from them.

I had rent A truck and trailer to ship my cars and they still won't respond to I want my money back.

Original review: April 7, 2008

In January, I arranged for them to pick up my cars in California. We were moving to Alabama in March. In March, I arranged the details with Jay Montoya and everything was ready. I gave them $300 deposit on my credit card. The credit card company is filing a dispute. I also contacted Better Business Bureau in Florida. I never received a phone call nor an email response.

I called them on March 20. I did not have a bed to sleep in nor a crib for the baby. They said they don't guarantee pick up dates or times.

I called on March 21. They said the trucker is on his way. I slept on the floor that night hoping for a truck. No one showed. I decided to find a place to sleep that was warm for Easter weekend. No one called me.

I called on March 24 and they did not have trucks. They said wait until March 26. Our plane left on March 25 bound for Alabama. My husband had to start work on April 1. No one picked up our cars. We had to rent a car which has cost us $300 not including gas and food. They said they would pick up our cars on March 28. No one called or showed up.

They said we would have to wait until March 31. I called them and they said wait until April 4. They put a rush order on it. Jay Montoya did not call me back nor did April.

I cancelled the order on March 31. I could not afford to rent a car any longer than I could. I spent money for a rental car plus pain and suffering. I also spent money on hotel costs and food. The deposit will probably not be refunded because they don't refund it after 7 days. I was spoken to rudely by service reps and I did not get an apology. National Auto will request a cancellation for our cars. They never had trucks to begin with. I arranged pick up with a different auto transport company who did hold up their end of the bargain. I am paying $500 more for this company's fees.

My family was stressed. My baby was stressed out and forced to sleep on the floor without any heat. We had to pay for a rental car. We had to pay for hotel costs. We had to borrow money from family. They have destroyed our lives. They are leeches.

Original review: April 4, 2008

On March 25th I was searching internet for auto transporter who could ship my car from las vegas to houston. National auto transport came up and I called the company and I spoke to Sal, who told me that the car can be shipped by Saturday the 29th of March because there is a driver in Los Angeles right now. I was very happy and he told me to deposit $200 which I gave my credit card for. That same day Sal e-mailed me a form to that stated the car will be shipped from March 29-30 to sign and fax back which I did the next day. On Saturday the 29, no driver came to pick up the car nor on Sunday the 30.

On Monday I called national auto transport and said that my car was not picked up and the customer service lady told me that the carrier had a mechanical problem so she reschedule the pick up for April 2-3, 2008. On both day no one came or called to pick up my car. At this I was getting frustrated. I called the company back on April 3 and requested for my deposit back. The lady verbally abused me. She finally said she will call me back in 1-2 hrs. I waited and waited, no call. So I called back again on April 4, a lady (alehandro) I believe the same person that had been talking to answered the phone again. I said how come since March 29th your company has never picked up my car nor tried to reach me. I said my car will be towed by tomorrow in las vegas. I requested for my deposit back. She the money is nonrefundable. I said it's not my fault you guys are having mechanical problems and I said I just want my deposit back. She said in loud tone of voice "NO" and she hung up on me. I did research about this company and found out that many people had the same experience as me. This company take peoples money and never provides service. National auto transport is doing fraud and they need to be exposed. Law enforcement needs to get involved. Up till now they never shipped my car nor refunded my $200 deposit back.

Original review: March 4, 2008

Lisa refused to provide insurance information for the carrier that damaged my vehicle during transport. She also refused to provide the name of her manager.

If the driver refuses to pay for the damage, I will have no recourse through his insurance.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2008

We found their gorgeous ad with great references on the Internet, asked for a quote, paid the down payment and was told the car would be picked up 10 days ago. The car is still here. Now my calls go unanswered or disconnected when I try to find out why or when. I do not know how to recover the down payment and the fact that they have my debit card details on file is disturbing. Doubt I will ever trust an Internet ad again! Lesson learned...

Just the loss of approximately $300, and the possibility of credit card theft.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2007

Do not use this company. They told me I could pay the balance by credit card when my car was delivered. But when it was to be delivered they said I had to pay cash. I told them that on our contract I wrote that I had an arrangement with them to pay by credit card, but they said it didn't matter--that it depended on the contractor used and this contractor didn't take credit. I said it was their responsibility to verify with the contractor before making an agreement with me. Also, they said my car would be delivered by Monday, then they said Weds, then they said Thanksgiving Day, so I stayed home all that day. It didn't come. They called Friday and said it would be here Sunday, which it finally was after it was dark outside.

I had to rent a car for an entire extra week while I waited for them to deliver my car, so it was about $200.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2007

This company boldly lies to consumers claiming they have their own trucks as well as broker. If you have a problem you will be put on hold for over 20 minutes and no one will ever pick back up or call you back. When we had a problem and called the manager Mr. Gonzales he hung up the phone on us. Our vehicle a Porsche Boxster had 25 miles put on it even though it was only going on one truck as we were told. The front license plate bracked was knocked off the car and now National Auto Transport the company that claims on their website Our Guarantee, we deliver and Full coverage insurance seems to not have any insurance information on the carrier they booked and has not responded to any of our 4 phone calls.

They never picked up the date sceduled or any of the 3 days later. They finally picked up the car at 9:30 pm the next week, tried to charge more money than the paperwork stated and delivered the vehicle without anyoe home with damage. I went to the BBB and they have a large number of complaints on the site. Car shippers beware!!! This company will take your $200 to arrange some sort of transport but could care less about you once you pay their fee.

Company lied and made me wait 4 days for actual pickup, damaged vehicles front bracket in transport, put 25 miles on the car and refuses to give any insurance information or provise any help even though they claim Full insurance coverage!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2007

Sal Nicoletti of National Auto Transport responded to my requet for a quote to move a vehicle i purchased from a dealer in Mankato, Mn door to door to my home in Maple Ridge, BC Canada. Quoted price was $1270. When I received an authorization form to fill out and sign the amount requested changed from $1270 to $1345 and it was no longer to my home but to a secure depot in Surrey, BC. Because I needed to have the vehicle moved off the lot and had no time to start the process over again, I signed the authorization as requested and e-mailed Sal questioning the change in quoted price. I also attempted to contact Sal by phone but as I was about to discover, he did not usually return calls.

The vehicle was not picked up in the agreed window but a day later, no big deal. When the transporter arrived in NW Washington I received a call from them to come pick up my vehicle from Blaine, Wa. and was informed that the price now was $1475. I called Sal at National Auto Transport and actually got to talk to him at this time asking him why the destination was changed and why was I asked to pay more once again. He promised to look into it and get back to me. This was two weeks ago and still i have not heard back from Sal.

In the meantime I had to take a day off from work, go to Blaine Wa to pick up my vehicle and pay the full $1475 before the carrier would release my vehicle. I have e-mailed and called numerous times but have yet to receive a response from National Auto Transport. I have also filed a complaint through the BBB but have not received a response from the company.

Original review: June 30, 2007

Signed contract for transport of car from McLean Virginia to New Orleans, LA. The pick-up date was for June 26, 2007.

Subcontractor showed up 6 days early and car was not available for pickup. Called the National Auto representative back (Sal). He said that it happens and would call dispatcher to assure pick-up was for the 26th. He said we would get a phone call on the 25th to arrange time. No call came on the 25th.

Called him back. He transferred me to a dispatcher (Amber) who said I should not even be talking to the Service Rep!. She informed me that the schedule had changed and that the car would not be picked up until the 28th of June but we would get a call between 4 and 6 PM on the 27th from the firm that was doing the transporting.

I explained the parties would be at the airport that day and she said to discuss the problem with the actual transporter. We never recieved a call on the 27th and left repeated messages on the 27th and the morning of the 28th. The car is in Virginia and the owner is in New Orleans as of the 30th of June. Problem is not resolved.

Original review: June 25, 2007

My auto (Nissan Morano 2007) pick up date was 06/23/07 - 06/24/07 (estimated) from the above address. I contacted Mr. Sal and told that I have to come from New York (work Place) to release my car and this is my final move with my family. The person told me your car is going to pick up on saterday 06/23/07 and you will get a phone call on friday 06/22/07. So You can make your travel arrangements accordingly. I flew from New York Thursday 06/21/07, I waited for their call and tried to reach sal or customer services but failed. No body showed on saterday 06/23/07 to pick up my car nor they respond my phone calls.

Finally on sunday 06/24/07 12:00 o'clock me and my family flew back to New York leaving my car in Florida because next day I have to be in my office. When this morning I call customer service to resolve the issue, the lady threat me that if can't release the car today for pick up, I am going to loose my deposited $200 and she is going to cancel my reservation.

Original review: June 22, 2007

Truck was picked up May 30, have spent far too much time trying to contact these people, being put on hold forever and then hung up on. On the rare occassions I can get a live person they do not tell me the truth or give me their live updates. My truck has not been delivered as yet, has not stayed with the same trucking company and I have not gotten reliable information or updates. the last time I got a live person they gave me the phone number of the trucking line and told me I would have to deal with them as National Auto is just the broker. I have been told mechancial problems from NTA and driver problems from the trucking line and still no truck delivered 30 days later. i am at my wits end

We have been paying for a vehicle, loan payment, insurance for a month for a vehicle we cannot use and need.

Original review: June 13, 2007

I contacted National Auto Transport Inc to move my vehicle from FL to NC. During the reservation process I requested to make arrangements to pay the entire bill by credit card to the satisfaction of the prior arrangement in their contract. My credit card was billed for the $200 deposit, not the full amount. I emailed Adrian at NAT and he assured me that complete billing would take place after drop off. After my vehicle arrived, I was told by the shipper (NAT is a broker, they have no control over your vehicle what so ever), that my vehicle was not leaving his truck until he was paid by cash equivalent. The shipper himself was professional and eventually accepted a company check.

The just of the experience is this. NAT has no concept of business ethics, the are not a shipping company, they are a brokerage. I encourage anyone who is even considering using these people to look elsewhere. Also, once they have your money, do not expect any sort of help from their customer service department. I would encourage anyone who has previously dealt with them and had a negative experience to formerly complaint to the Better Business Bureau and the Florida Attorney General's Office.

Original review: June 7, 2007

My husband gave a deposit of $400 to these scam artists to schedule the pickup of our trailblazer in Maryland. We were sent an email that the pick up would be May 23-24 (for shipment to HI) but no one showed and no one called. I called and left two voice mail messages and I sent an email to inquire why there was no pick up service. No one responded.

My husband was told to expect a pick up May 26 and no one called or showed up. Every time I tried to speak to someone I was put on hold for 10 or more minutes and then hung up on - this happened to me at least 3 times. The customer service women are rude and all they do is put you on hold for as long as possible. They have caller id too because they were hanging up on me before I could even identify myself to them when they answered and then they would hang up. The last date range they gave my husband was May 30-31 and again no one showed and no one called.

I cancelled their order and contacted my credit card company to get my money back. Now all of a sudden I'm getting weird calls from people about picking up my truck and they have thick foreign accents barely audible. People should be warned about this company. I don't know how they stay in business. I switched to another company.

National Auto Transport Company Information