All American Transport Company

Miami, FL

Compare Auto Transporters

Research top Auto Transporters recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently hired All American Transport to ship my van, from MN to MD and what a nightmare. I paid All American $100 and owed $600 to the driver upon delivery. The first issue was that I told the owner that I couldn't take the delivery before a particular date because I was out of town. He promised it would be delivered once I returned home. However, once I paid, and signed the agreement with All American Transport, the driver who they subcontracted my tow to called me while I was on vacation and said he had to deliver the item earlier. No big deal. I returned home a day early and began waiting for the delivery of my van. The driver called me numerous times to change the delivery date and time. Then I received a troubling phone call. The driver was pulled over by a state police officer, who cited him with driving without a CDL (commercial driver's license).

He was also given a repair order to fix numerous issues with the truck itself because there were safety concerns. The state police ordered that the truck not to be moved until it was fixed, and not until a driver who had a CDL was there to move it. The driver frantically called me in the middle of the night on a Sunday to explain what if taken place. He said that he was in my state but very far away from my home. He asked me to find another way to complete the tow, and if I didn't my van may end up in the police impound. So I took a taxi to the police station ($120 expense), and started cold calling other tow drivers. Because it was a Sunday I received very high quotes of $300. I reluctantly agreed and had another company finish the tow. I found out later that this subcontractor company was a repeat offender which made me angry.

All American Transport should have vetted their subcontractors to avoid issues like this, and not use these ones who have a history of issues. The owner apologized and agreed to refund me at least the $100 that I paid to him initially to help with the extra expenses that I incurred. However he said that it could take up to 30 days to see my refund. I now knew that I was dealing with a dishonest company, so I did not waste any time and I disputed this expense with my credit card company. I was shocked that the owner of All American Transport told my credit card company that they had delivered the van to my home address as promised. To further support their claim, they provided an email whereas I typed "I accept this transport." The owner had asked me to type that phrase for them to start the delivery process of my van.

They unscrupulously used this phrase to falsify that the vehicle was delivered and I had accepted it. To show my bank their deception I had to point out that this phrase was typed before the delivery was suppose to occur. I was able to get $100 that I paid to All American Transport back after disputing it with my credit card company and Visa. They ruled in my favor only because I had the driver sign a form that said he did not complete the delivery. The owner of all American was unaware that I had this evidence when he decided to lie. Please learn from my mistake of using them.

I am a disabled individual who moved from New York to Florida. My wife drove us down in one car and we used All American Transport to carry our second vehicle to Florida. Unknown to us at the time, All American Transport sub-contracted the pickup and delivery to ASAP Auto Transport. They picked up our car as agreed and examined it for existing damage. They issued us a clean report noting only a few minor dings and scratches. When they eventually delivered the car, however, there was significant damage to the lower front bumper.

My calls to All American Transport were met with promises to email me forms to make a claim. None were ever received by me, even though they claimed they were sent. No replacement forms were sent to me after they were made aware of this fact. This presumably was because having heard nothing from All American, I contacted their lawful agent, ASAP Auto Transport. I was instructed by Adam of ASAP that I should just deal with them since All American will only refer me to them eventually anyway. I complied with these instructions and All American eventually was made aware of this.

Adam at ASAP instructed me to get two estimates for the repairs at local body shops and send him both estimates. When this was done, he told me which of the two repair shops to take my car to for repairs, pay the bill, then send him the paid receipt and he would reimburse me for my out-of-pocket costs. So far...sounded reasonable and simple, even if time-consuming on my part. I got the estimates, had the repairs done, paid the bill, submitted the receipts....and NOTHING. No word from Adam, no response to my many, many emails, no returned calls even though I left multiple messages. He obviously was stalling me and he never intended to make good on his commitment.

My next step was to go back to All American. I spoke to Vanessa. She seemed concerned that I was having such problems. She promised to look into it. After a week or so and additional prodding by me, she came back to tell me that Adam had processed the claim a month or more earlier...but due to his "accountant's error," he would have to wait two to three weeks to see if the check had cleared before he could reissue the reimbursement.

I told Vanessa that I placed little faith in Adam's word because he had lied to me so many times before about resolving this issue. I told her he was again stalling for time. Vanessa did not respond to my concerns other than that the reimbursement should be issued by a specific date at which point she could track it. She also said that if nothing happened, she would get me the reimbursement for damages. So I was forced to wait several more weeks for the so-called resolution to my problem. The time came and went and as expected, nothing happened.

My attempts to contact Vanessa were unanswered. Eventually she got back to me to say she was "out of the office" but would look into it again. Another week went by and after constant prodding by me, Vanessa came back to say that BECAUSE I WAITED TOO LONG, All American could no longer collect from ASAP Auto so now no one would be paying my claim. I hadn't followed the "proper protocol." Meanwhile, it was All American and ASAP that kept telling me what to do, stalling me, and making promises that they never intended to keep. To me they conspired to defraud me...and they did a good job! Beware these companies!! For those interested, I have copies of emails that are VERY SPECIFIC and CLEARLY SUPPORT everything I have said in this statement. A copy of this is going to the US Attorney General's Office. I am out nearly $600 because I relied on these people to be honest business people!

I choose this company after searching reviews and getting multiple bids from other companies with the same price. It was 2 days away from a potential pick up date of my vehicle and I called and was told they were contacting the dispatcher and would call me back. I have since emailed, called and even called the main number and left messages and no one returned them. I finally called and asked to speak to a supervisor but they were busy and was told that they would call me back. I called back in an hour and was shocked that the receptionist was snooty to me. Today I emailed and called only to find out that they did not have a carrier for me tomorrow. I called and cancelled the transfer and emailed also and have not heard back again. I do not think they know how to communicate. I would never use them again. As a matter of fact I will be driving the vehicle down myself since they made me run out of time

I have a pristine 2001 Corvette with after market wheels and tires. The car is beautiful and like new. I was worried about having it transported when I recently moved due to so many horror stories I'd read. All American promised me that the car would arrive in the same condition, and assured me that any damage would be taken care of with no problems. The communication between All American and myself literally faded away after they received my deposit. And the price went up. When my car arrived, the driver damaged three rims and literally took chunks out of two tires while unloading the car. It was a nightmare. He kept ramming into the wheel wells of his truck. And the emergency brake was left on so the brakes were also damaged. It took him 20 minutes to unload the car, which smelled like it was on fire when he finally got it off. I was left with almost $4,000 in damages to my vehicle. The driver refused to give me his insurance information, and it took days to get a response from All American. My car ended up sitting at the Chevy dealership for six weeks, as the insurance company refused to pay for the damage and I ended up having to involve my own insurance company and pay a deductible in order to get my car fixed.

I contracted All American Transport in Monarch Beach / Dana Point, CA to pick up a truck I purchased in Sacramento, CA and deliver it to me in Ruidoso, NM. I paid them in full on March 1, 2012. I have spoken with them every day since and received the same lie. "It is scheduled for pick up today. I'll call you in 15 minutes with a confirmation." When I call back, I can't get through. It is the end of the day on March 30, 2012. Nobody will return my calls / emails.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All American Transporters?

On Oct. 5, 2011, we hired All American Transport to transport two vehicles: a 2008 Mini Cooper to be transported from MA to FL before Nov. 12, 2011 and a 2007 Nissan Maxima from FL to MA anytime after Oct. 28th. On Oct. 10th, we were told the Mini Cooper would be picked up but the hauler never showed up. The next day we contacted All American Transport. They called back that evening saying the truck had broken down and they would send another hauler.

On Oct. 28, 2011, another hauler showed up, named Carla **. This driver said we had to pay $150 cash to take the belongings in the trunk, or they would be thrown away at the side of the highway on the way to FL. The belongings consisted of 3 leather jackets, a car cover, and some small miscellaneous items. Per our contract with All American, we are allowed up to 100 pounds of belongings in the car and these items did weigh less than 100 lbs. We promptly told him to leave and we reported him to All American. They said they would send another hauler, at which time we had to postpone the transport of the Nissan because they did not transport the Mini Cooper as promised.

On Nov. 4, 2011, another hauler arrived, named Jack **. He inspected the vehicle, had us sign the inspection report, loaded the vehicle, and went on his way. The vehicle arrived in FL on Nov. 12th. We discovered that one of the leather jackets and the car cover were both missing. Is it just a coincidence that the same items the previous driver had threatened to throw away were now missing? It’s highly unlikely. Jack stated that the trunk flew open on the highway, so they must have blown out. That car has been driven for 3 years up and down highways and the trunk has never "blown" open as Jack claims.

All American transport and Jack ** refused to compensate us in any way for the loss of these items. There was no way we could entrust them with another vehicle. We requested they cancel the Nissan transport due to their dishonest business practice. We are still waiting for the refund of the $200 deposit as agreed in the contract. Please do not use this company. The haulers they use are criminals.

I made a reservation for my car to be shipped from Miami to California. My car was supposed to be picked up on Tuesday to arrive Sunday since I start work on Monday. The Friday prior to pick I spoke with Peter, the owner, and he reassured me the car was on schedule for pick up. Tuesday came along and no one showed up. I called the customer service line and the dispatcher did not know anything about my car being shipped, and then giving me the run around saying the driver got into an accident. He said my car might be picked up Wednesday or Friday. Since I needed the car in California by Sunday I stuck with the company.

On Wednesday, I called all day, almost every half hour to check on the status of the shipping. My calls where never answered. The dispatch phone number he gave me was the incorrect number. It is Friday 27th and my car is still in Miami. I made several attempts to call the customer service number and the owner. My calls where never answered and the only time I spoke to staff on Tuesday, he was very unprofessional. When I made the reservation through the owner, he was so quick to speak so highly of the reputation and "professionalism" of his company, of course a sales pitch.

I purchased a brand new black 2008 jeep srt8 from kansas last week and had to get it shipped to me in brooklyn ny. Im aware that most of the auto transport business is a scam and i was very careful of who i trusted with my car. my car was picked up on the day it was suppose to and was suppose to arive 3 days later which would have been monday march 2nd. i called the driver on sunday and he told me he broke down on friday and hasnt moved since, he is stuck in ohio. a part for his truck was suppose to arive monday and he was going to get back on the road that afternoon.

it is now wednsday night and he still hasnt left ohio, he claims that they replaced the part and they still dont know whats wrong with his truck and he doesnt know when he is expected to get back on the road i asked him to drop the car and i will have another transport company pick it up, he said that he cant drop the truck because he has inoperable vehicles behind my jeep that need to be taken off with a fork lift.

i then told him i will come to get my jeep personally, same response. i then told him that i refuse to pay in full due to the delay and the costs of not having a car because my lease ended monday on my previous car and i have been renting a car to drive to work. he said he will not drop my car when he does deliver it until he is paid in full

i have to rent a car to get to work

On 6/30/08 I made a deposit of $125 to have my car shipped from Orlando, Fl to Sylva, NC. I was told several times that the car would be shipped without problem on 6/6 (in the contract the estimated dates were 6/6-6/7) by the sale rep Claire A. From 6/30-7/3 I spoke with the sales representative Claire A. and each day she told me someone would call me that day and no later than close of business on 7/3 to tell me what time they would pick up my car. I told her that it was imperative that I knew before the weekend because I was going to fly out on 7/7 and she said it was no problem. No one called, despite several messages I left on the customer service, dispatch and Ms A.'s phone lines and emails.

After getting no response and after several attempts to contact someone I had to cancel my airline ticket and make arrangements to drive my ill mother and myself from Orlando to North Carolina. At the very least it was frustrating, expensive, and an inconvenient trip. This all could have been avoided if they had picked up my vehicle when they said they would have or at the very least responded to my several attempts to contact them. Someone finally did call on 7/7 when I was told they were just starting to process my request and someone MAY be able to pick my car up on 7/8-9 (2 days after the days that were in my contract).

I still was unable to reach anyone at the customer service number so I called the only person I could reach- Ms. A.'s. I told her to cancel the pick up of my vehicle and she agreed to refund me the $125 deposit. On 7/9 I was called be the front gate of my condo in Orlando telling me the driver was there to pick up my car. I was already in North Carolina at this point. I talked to Ken the driver and told him what happened and that someone should've told him that the pick-up was cancelled. He said no one had.

One week later (7/15)- I am still waiting for my deposit to be refunded. I spoke to Tiffany in customer service that informed me that she did not think I should get a refund, but she would investigate it further. She was less than helpful and had an accusatory tone like I should have known that they wouldn't pick up on 6/6 because it was a Sunday, although no one every told me this, nor is it written in my contract. She took no responsibility for the lack of professionalism and communication in her business.

At the end I am the one who had to pay because no one at All American Auto Transport bothered to return my phone calls or live up to their contract. $125 deposit which they are refussing to refund, plane tickets cancellation fee ~$400, gas, hotel expenses, 2days spent driving, wear and tear on a brand new Mitsubishi 2008 Spyder ecclipse to drive it from Orlando Fl, to Sylva NC, emotional stress in not nowing what was going to happen when they did not return my phone calls

we are a corporate car service in jersey city, nj and we were farming-in jobs for this company (all american transportation inc,). the contract we have with this company states that we will charge the company's credit card for the trips we do fo them at the end of our billing cycle (bi monthly. after 2 month we started to get disputes letters from people who claimed that they gave their credit cards information to all american transportation and actually all american gave us these credit cards to charge the amount of their invoices as if they are the company's credit card!!!!

of course this is a fraud case. such company must be put completely out of business. now we have about $4000.00 usd of disputed charges and everytime we contact the company to collect the amounts due they say that they are going to pay it. it's now more than 3 months and their is noaction from them. please try to take any action against this company and also put it in your records to warn the other people of these wrong actions. thanks and best regards from evergreen corporate car & limo service p.s. all documents that proves the above are available upon request.

On March 16,'06 I filled out a form on the internet to have auto transporters contact me about moving a car from Simpsonville, S.C. to my home in Roselle, N.J. A representative from the above company (Mike ****)) called and asked what could he do to get my business. I informed Mike that I already had a company for $555.00 to move the inoperable vehicle. Mike stated, "Let me speak with my boss", and put me on hold.

He came back with the price of $495.00 and stated that he was going to put down that the car was operable. I told Mike that it wasn't, and I indicated that on the request form, which a dozen other carriers received also, but he said it was not a problem, and that I could still have that price if I contracted with him that day. I agreed, and had Mike fax the contract to my work. I also provided Mike with a $150.00 deposit via telephone on my bank's checking/debit Visa card (the balance was to be paid to the driver upon delivery of the car), followed up with the signed contract of which I have a copy. I faxed it back to Thomas Molina, the senior transport rep. I stipulated that I would like the car picked up on Tues. Mar. 21, 06 and delivered within 5 days. Mike stated that would not be a problem.

On Tues. the 21st I called Tiffany in customer service and asked about the status of the shipping. Tiffany stated that she would speak w/ the driver and call me back. Tiffany did call back and stated that the driver was way behind schedule, and that he would not be able to get it until Thurs. the 23rd. I reiterated that I was going away on business the following Wed. 29th, and would need it delivered before then. She assured me that it would be. On Friday the 24th I received a call from the gentleman I purchased the car from, who stated that no one has picked up the car, nor has anyone called, since they were supposed to pick it up the day before (23rd) as promised. When I called back to All American, I spoke with Mike, who put me on the phone w/ Nicole. Nicole, informed me that there was nothing that she could do, and that the driver would not pick up the car until Monday the 27th. and deliver it on Friday the 31st.

I wasn't happy with this 3rd schedule change, but I was stuck and had already given a deposit, not to mention the time involved with trying to find another carrier. Today, Monday Mar.27th, I received a call from Michelle, the fifth person I've dealt with a AAT, who stated that there was another problem, and that I would have to pay another $110.00. I told her that was unacceptable, and after a heated exchange, I requested the name and number of the owner. Michelle, said his name was Louis ****. I informed Michelle I would be contacting him. Before I could call, I received a call from Mr. ****, who informed me that he was not the owner, but Michelle's supervisor (she lied). Mr. **** also stated that if I didn't agree to pay the additional money, he would refund my deposit minus $100. I told him that wasn't going to happen, and again requested the name of the owner. He provided the name David **** as the owner.

In closing, to date it's been 12 days since I contracted AAT, and I still don't have my vehicle. After 12 days they now want additional money because THEIR representative made the vehicle operable, as opposed to inoperable. If the driver wasn't behind schedule, I would have my vehicle already and money would not be the issue. They still have my deposit, and is threatening to only refund $50 unless I pay more money, which is contrary to my contract. Thank You in advance for anything that you can do (including legal action) to help expedite this.

Randy

The car was suppose to be picked up at my home as per the contract. I was leaving on a trip and needed to have the car picked up before I left. They gave me 5 different days that they would pickup the vehichle. Cancelling everyone the night before. Finally I had to take my care to a drop off center in Walpole MA over an hour from my home. They gave me no discount for bringing the car there. I dropped the car off Aug 10th It was to be picked up either the 12th or 13th.

The car was not picked up until 2 weeks later.

I called many, many times to customer services to find out the status of the car they NEVER called me back. Their sales pitch is 8 to 10 working days from pick up. It is now Oct. 7th and I still do not have the car. I finally got a real person on the phone and she said the car is somewhre in TX. I'm in CA. I have had to rent a car for over a month. NEVER< NEVER< NEVER use these idiots!

I inquired all american auto transporters for a quote to move two vehicles, I explained that I needed to pay the total cost up front because where the vehicles were going is my elderly parents house and would not be able to pay the driver upon arrival. I was told that they did not have a policy to allow that to happen. I thanked the person on the phone and told them that I would have to look elsewhere. A matter of minutes later they called back and told me that he could take the total price in advance but it would cost an extra $50 for this service. I happily agreed.

Only days before the move I received a contract in the mail showing that the deposit was the full amount and that the balance was zero. In with the contract was a receipt from my credit card for the amount of $200.00. I was concerned. I called the company and was given the royal runaround, eventually got a hold of a manager and was told that thje could not take the total amount and was surprised that someone had told me that. I was forced to rush to the bank the next day and overnight a cashiers check to the actual company that was transporting my cars. If I had not, the driver would have shown up at my parents house looking for money that they don't have.

In summary I was charged $50 for a service I never received and repeated attempts at contacting the company have been in vain. I would like the return of the $50.

All American Transport Company Company Profile