Need a medical alert system?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.39/5

Electric Mobility Corp.

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Rascal Scooters Reviews

Original review: June 25, 2019

My fella used to find old scooters, repair them, and they'd be off and running again. When he passed last year, he had one scooter left and since I don't drive a car anymore, I needed a scooter to get me around the neighborhood for shopping. It looks pretty bad; former owner bumped into a lot of things, but for me it is a life saver. I would like to know how many miles it can actually travel, but I don't think I've taken it over 10 miles per trip so far. I've been driving it for almost a year now. As soon as I return I plug it in and leave it charged until I use it again in a week or so. I have purchased two new batteries and a couple of tires for it; that's all. I'm so sorry that others have had so many problems with theirs; I couldn't be happier with mine!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

When operating the scooter at full speed it suddenly stops on a dime for no reason. It stopped so abruptly that I nearly fell off. Sometimes pressing the reset buttons allows it to go a few feet further. Has anyone had this problem? I am located in central Florida and have been unable to find anyone to repair it. Any suggestions?

Get expert buying tips about Mobility Scooters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I was a customer of SMK pharmacy in NYC NY. I have two motorized wheelchairs both not working. I go to SMK pharmacy and speak to Janis. I guess she's a manager. She sends out Tony - a wheelchair technician. At first they always seem friendly. He seemed professional. He makes a simple fix on one. Didn't have good tools and made a poor fix on my wheelchair. I went on a appointment and my repair fell apart. I was stranded. I get back to my nursing home. Thanks to helpful New Yorkers. I have a newer wheelchair with motor issues... he was so concern and sorry about his cheap repair.

I always find it strange that he kept all the extra parts. Be aware if a technician keeps all your parts, he's not supposed to. The technician that robbed me Tony from SMK NYC NY, always say, "Oh I have to return these unused new parts and used parts." This is a lie. Your insurance paid for these parts. They purchased these parts. They're yours hello. 1st suspension. Never give a technician a chance to be alone with your chair if you can. If they say they have to go somewhere else you try your best and be around your chair. Anyway back to fix two. He became interested in the new chair. By the way this stupid crook mentions that he was giving a bunch of motorized wheelchairs. So I realize now he going to need a lot of parts for these chairs. My insurance order two new motors. His eye light up. He quickly says we have to order new motors.

I made a mistake and left this crook alone. He didn't repair my chair but made a temporary fix to the old motors. My wheelchair breaks down and I notice none of the bolts to get to the chair are scratch - you know a visible indication that the bolt or screw was removed before. If you have a camera take pictures of your wheelchair where you feel more or less your chair broke down. This is very hard but it helps keep your case strong just in case you have been taken advantage of. He takes my new motors. Be careful what you sign. Have a family member around. Watch the technician's repair skills if you can, this "tech" when he messed up and he had to really work he didn't know what he was doing. He finally got the motor off and the motors were used. It was a new chair but the motors were not brand new.

I have those motors and is proof so when the legal action I'm taking, this is the main proof, what a idiot. You're going to have to leave the old motors. There's a trend my friend of these technician make little repair and having to come back to fix the problem. They actually sabotage your chair sometimes. These tech thieves will even take your new battery and leave the old one and then hope you would not notice These people don't care and try to be smooth talkers like Tony. He has most of the employees thinking he's so innocent, "Oh my god he wouldn't do something like that." Most of these female managers are taken in unfortunately by wannabe smooth talkers. If you see the tech is ordering expensive part, if you can tell it's hard to tell but main parts like motors, main computer parts, and batteries this is another sign they're after them. Just try to get a feel on this person. I knew something was wrong but I couldn't put my finger on it.

It was too late when I realized he was a crooked, god forbid you need a repair from this company. The repairman cannot be trusted and is a fraud. He could not fix not one but two powerchairs, this is a example of what you can expect from this technician. Be careful and keep in mind these are your legs, your way of getting around, ask questions and keep an eye on your repair man. Not all repairmen are crooked but when you're dealing with the elderly and you have bad intentions, they will try to get away from whatever they can. Well any I'm getting my chair repaired from another company and I'm going to be all over this person. You know just in case. Lol. You fool me once shame on you, you fool me twice shame on me. Let Crack down on these crooks. These criminals are out there and they're posing as people who care about your power chair.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

The only problems with this scooter is that the tires are continually punctured. I have had various other scooters and I never had that trouble before. Is it the type of wheels? They seem to puncture at least once a month. I am going to get another scooter, I have had the this rascal scooter for 8 years.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2015

I purchased my Rascal scooter from Rascal about 10 years ago and they assured me that they were the manufacturers of the scooters and they can always fix the scooters. And parts are always available and the Rascal company is only growing and expanding. I do really love my Rascal scooter and it's held up pretty good throughout the years. Now I go to use my scooter only to find it's making a weird loud noise and not moving. So when I take it back to Rascal company to get fixed they are closed down and no longer in business. So now I been calling all around all the local stores and no one fixes them. Finally I found a local company who replaced the motor and had the parts for Rascals in stock and I was able to have my scooter back the next day fixed and working great. If you need your Rascal scooter fixed call Mr. Wheelchair 1 877 577 0100. I was very satisfied with Mr Wheelchair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rascal Scooters?

Original review: July 20, 2015

Rascal autogo 550 3 months ago from Casterbridge. Charging on the buggy, just blinked Red and Green no charge. Casterbridge this was an American recommendation to stop driving away hooked up. Rascal said "you can charge on board." They stopped making this model 2 yrs ago. Casterbridge said the company was still making them. Chassis number show it's about 9/10 old. Sold onto a company Prestige. Went insolvent 2 yrs ago then to Casterbridge? Told we could only buy the shop floor model c/o new batteries at a discount price we agreed. My wife asked about charging on board answer yes. Companies have said "yes you can charge on board" so we will pursue taking it back for repairs/replacement or refund in full. America scooters in Parks and apartments all charged on board.

Original review: July 2, 2015

I had my scooter for only 5 months and in that time it has tipped me out completely 3 times and tipped me onto a passing car when faced with a pot hole. I find it drives badly and can't cope with turns or small pavements without tipping or doing wheelies up the wall! DANGEROUS! I sent it back and never want to hear someone's head having been crushed under a car! DO NOT GET THIS SCOOTER!!

Original review: June 27, 2015

Back in the late 90's my Mom purchased a Rascal heavy-duty scooter from an independent outfit. The salesman assured her Medicare would pay for it because of her debilitating back issues. That turned out to be untrue, and she ended up paying close to $7000 for it. The cost issue aside, my Mom certainly got her money's worth out of it! She lived on Lake Champlain and had a distance to go up a dirt road every day to get her mail. She used it many times a day to "play" in her gardens, visit her neighbors. I even packed it up in my Subaru many times to bring her to my home in NJ. Even drove it on some trails in our state park there! Added to her independence! She is now gone, but I have just fired up the little Rascal again after breaking my tibia; what a godsend it's been! Have to get new batteries though, I believe they're still the original, wow. So thanks, Mom, I'm smiling recreating those memories again!

Original review: June 4, 2015

I love my scooter despite having to have 3 sets of new tyres. Whilst being out with my grandchildren my scooter just stopped and a error code 8 came on the display. Does anyone know why? I would be most grateful.

Original review: May 13, 2015

I bought a 4 wheel Rascal Scooter in 2002-3 for my late husband. Used it for going to a local fair as lots of walking and due to his health it was impossible. He was happy with it. Since he's passed, been in storage got 2 new batteries last yr. They won't take a charge. It is useless as it sits. Am not able to take care of it. Need help. It was bought thru Electric mobility from New Jersey.

Rascal Scooters Company Information