4.68/5
  • 1 star
Based on 1,001 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 14, 2018

2567 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

My mom's unit battery isn't charging. We called the local Lifeline repair support Saturday mid afternoon was told by repair guy if the call center isn't getting notice from unit then battery fine. Well it's not the necklace is dead and won't charge. Local repair closed till Monday. What good is the unit if you can't get 24 hour repair if have issue so now my mom is alone could fall hit her head and die because she couldn't get to the main box to press the button. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Customer service FAIL.

Philips Lifeline response

Kim, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, we are sorry for your frustration. We will forward your information to our Customer Service department so someone can follow up with you. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I had to sell my house since I was falling, and I had been in the basement in three years, so it was time to get a medical alert device. I had different medications and it affected my equilibrium. I’m going to be 89 years old and I fell three times within a five-year period. The first time I fell, I already got the Philips Lifeline and I’ve used it a couple of times and have had good results with it.

I had a hip replaced. When I went to the doctor, he told me not to fall, but that happened when I came home. I used the Philips Lifeline at that time. They came, were very fast to respond and went down to the basement, got me my walker so I could get around again. They were very friendly and very helpful to me when they came and got me different stuff. I wear the device all the time, even when I take a shower. I hang it up and pin it on the shower curtain. The help button is comfortable. I feel more secure knowing that I got the Philips Lifeline device.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

We heard Philips Lifeline is a good company and we got a device in case I fall. I keep it around my neck at all times and I feel safe. Everything is going fine and the reps talk to me well. I had very good service, and I like it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I went to my local Philips Lifeline person a long time ago and asked them to give me the machine. It was supposed to beep automatically when I fall and I was satisfied with it, until Philips Lifeline told me that it wasn’t going to work. They knew about it which is a major problem on their hands because a lot of people have one, but it took them a long time to send the letter which said that they are working on it. Also, I have it around my neck 24/7 and it's a bad nuisance. On the other hand, I called them once and their team was very good and full in their responses. It's perfectly fine if it works and it's now a matter of when they're going to deliver.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

My experience with Philips Lifeline has been good so far. Their team has been very pleasant. I wear the help button around my neck and I forget it's there. I broke my neck once and it did what it was supposed to do right away. However, it has gone off a couple of times when I haven't pushed it and the police even came. It also goes offline because it didn't go off and didn't do what it was supposed to when I was a few feet in front of my house, in my driveway. Philips Lifeline told us that they know what was happening and they're even discounting. People have talked to me about it because they were thinking of getting another one. I have to pay more to get one if I'm away from the house. Right now, we're still waiting for the right device and I'll like them when they give me it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I follow brands really astutely and Philips had brand equity with me. That probably had an influence on my decision-making. It has been a decision that I have been comfortable with and I never thought about looking for an alternative system. The device has functioned well but there was a hiccup a couple of years ago when the hierarchy of numbers didn’t work as planned. I was the first number listed as a family member but there was a delay in someone calling me. I had a conversation with the customer service agent about that and Philips was apologetic. They admitted that the system didn’t go perfectly and assured me it wouldn’t happen again. After that, the first responders were contacted quickly and the protocol worked.

Philips Lifeline response

Tom, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I was in the hospital and they wouldn’t let me go home without a Lifeline. I'm 97 years old and I’ve had the Lifeline for five years. It goes off when it’s supposed to and I don’t even have to press the button. I live close to the emergency services and help arrives here right away when it goes off and they always take care of me. They're nice and when I need them, they’re there. I used the device three times. I fell recently and it came in good.

I'm paying $50 a month for it and I wear it around my neck. The cord gets dirty often around my neck though. It gets difficult to clean once in a while and I have gotten a couple new cords through the years. But I wear it all the time. I’ve thought about a watch but I rathered wearing it around my neck. I talked my daughter-in-law into getting a Lifeline in Florida and she’s happy with hers. My sister-in-law also lives there and she’s in her 90s and I finally talked to her into getting one too.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I had two heart attacks and a stroke, and I’m 94 but I’m still going. I’ve had Philips ever since I was 78 years old and I wear the button around my neck and tuck it in my bra. It never comes off unless I shower and it doesn’t bother me at all. I'm getting along with it and I know it’s there so I can push it if I need help. Whenever I call the Philips team, they’re extremely nice and they’ll do something immediately. When my machine went, they said that the new one will be shipped out to me within so many days and it did. A previous button used to go off if I fall on the bed but the new one I have now didn't go off when I fell twice. I'm on my third device now. Still, I was able to use my button a couple of times in the past and I'm doing very well so I can't complain.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I was basically bed and chair-bound and my husband was very hard of hearing. There were a lot of times that he couldn’t hear me if I called. I got the Philips Lifeline so that they would ring him and he would know to come help me. When I started being able to walk and get around, there were some falls and things from weakness. But he passed away in September so now, I live way out in the country and don’t have very many neighbors close. The Philips Lifeline has given me the confidence to know if I got in a bind, it would be a way to reach someone.

I was a little disappointed though when they offered the button that if you fell, after 30 seconds or whatever, if the device didn’t move, then they would go ahead and call someone, to find out that that didn’t actually work. I had been paying extra for the service and then I found out it didn’t work. Now, they’re working on it. They also offered one free month until they get the thing resolved.

Also, the new button that they sent is a little bigger and a little more cumbersome. It sticks out more under your clothes but it’s no big deal. Other thing I have noticed is they used to do pretty regular check calls where they would just activate the device and just say, “This is just checking to make sure the device is activated.” I’ve had it for many years, so that’s just something that I’ve noticed that they don’t do anymore. But I guess they figured I know what I’m doing.

Philips Lifeline response

Theresa, We are so sorry for the loss of your husband, and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Betty is 93 years old and she lived alone until June when I became her caregiver. She's had two runs with her Lifeline device and it has done well with getting medical help. We don’t guard her 24 hours but I live across the street and when I saw the squad here, it scared me to death. She had fallen backwards into her shower and she used the device to get help. The team asked her if she needed any help but she didn't respond because I guess the fall had knocked her breath out of her. They went ahead, got a squad out here and notified the families. The family members are close and met us here and let them in. Because in the last episode Betty had, they had to bust in the back door because she couldn't get to it.

Lifeline noticed that something wasn't working right and they sent her a new necklace. And then, it was the base that needed changing so they sent her a new base. It was here in no time. I've worked with a couple other clients that had Lifeline and I've had good experiences with it. I also got it for my mother-in-law when she had her stroke. I want her to upgrade to the one that works when she's out of the home but she said the one in the home is all she needs.

Philips Lifeline response

Augusta, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about Betty's Philips Lifeline service. We love hearing about our subscribers. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Philips Lifeline has been with me for about four years already. I wear it around my neck and it feels comfortable that I forget that it is there. I tested the device to see if it was working and I have had it in an emergency three times. I got help when I needed it and that was all that is important to me.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I'm 92 and I live alone. My daughter’s only two doors away, but I fell one time several years ago and I’m glad I had a Philips Lifeline, and it has proven to be good for me. I have it around my neck and I feel good that I have it. They are very good and prompt.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about the Philips Lifeline service Esther. We are glad to hear that the service has been good for you. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have been doing business with Lifeline and I’ve had them for years. I had one emergency and they responded appropriately when I called them. The police and the nurse came and it was resolved because the nurse fixed the problem. I think that the device this will work out to be better. My device has a black cord, but I’d rather have a lighter cord color because I wear a lot of jewelry. Other than that, I’m satisfied with Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about the Philips Lifeline service Gladys. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I had Life Alert and I was having a lot of trouble with my phone system. The techs would come out and try to find out what the problem was and they had to keep kicking it up higher and higher to the phone company. I told somebody from the phone company that I have Life Alert pendant. He said, “That’s it. That’s your whole problem. It's not compatible with Comcast. The only one that is, is Philips Lifeline.” I immediately switched to Philips Lifeline and I have been very happy with them. The monthly fee was less than Life Alert and I have luckily never needed them. One time, I was out in the front yard, very glamorously picking up my dog poop and evidently, my pendant was swinging back and forth and it imitated a fall. They called over the box and I wasn’t in the house to hear it.

I ended up in the house a couple of minutes later and the next thing, there's a knock at my door and there are the police and the fire. I said, “Oh, I feel so terrible being called away. Somebody might have really needed you,” and they reassured me and said, “No, don’t feel bad and if you do feel bad, you can always nullify it by making us a plate of cookies.” I said, “Oh, I'd be happy to.” But it was very assuring to know.

They followed through and if I really had fallen, somebody would have been here. It's a very secure feeling to know that there's somebody on the other end on that pendant. I'm in Fircrest, it's a small little bedroom community off of Tacoma and there are a thousand or so homes in here. Our fire and police departments are just minutes away and they were here very quickly. The Lifeline team is always so pleasant, very compassionate and caring people. It's really nice when you do talk to them and I'm very happy with their company.

Not too long ago, because the battery died on mine, they sent me a new pendant and then they sent a follow-up letter saying that something had happened in the manufacturing and that it would not register a fall. I could still manually push the little button on the pendant and it would activate, but they were working as hard and as fast as they could to get some new pedants out to the people. They followed up and I had a pendant in a very short time. They're a very accountable and responsible company, which a lot of companies are not.

Philips Lifeline response

Patricia, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the service, and appreciate this review. Please be well, safe, take care!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My sister is 93 and she was worried about falling, so she got a medical alert device. She wears Philips all the time. She feels fine and she’s satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I was taking care of a patient who's had medical issues since 2011, and she had lost her Philips Lifeline. She was living on her own even though she was in her 80's and we thought having a medical alert device was a good idea. Lifeline sent us another one to replace it and then, I got a notification from them that the automatic call when you fall down with it was not working. I've since found the one she lost, so now she's got three buttons, none of which works when you fall down with them. The Philips Lifeline team was always courteous and has been able to help me out. However, there’s no way to test the fall detection feature unless you fall with it. When you just drop it and then it doesn’t work, it says that it’s been dropped and that’s all it does. I wouldn’t want her to be without the device, which she wears 24/7, since she is a little unsteady on her feet.

Philips Lifeline response

Frank, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about the Philips Lifeline service for Mildred. We will pass this along to our Customer service department so someone can follow up with you. If you want immediate service please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I live by myself and although I may be 88, I'm up and going and very active. I've had Philips Lifeline for a long time now and I feel very safe with it. I would recommend it.

Philips Lifeline response

Doris, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your Philips Lifeline service. We are glad that you feel safe and thank you for letting us know that you would recommend us. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I’m 85 years old. My husband had died and I live alone. I used to have relatives that lived in the vicinity but at this point, I have no one that lives in the town I’m in. If anything happened, I might not be able to get to my neighbors. I decided to get the Philips Lifeline device that I would just ring if something happened. I wear the help button around my neck and I tuck it inside my blouse or sweater. I’ve been very fortunate that I had to use it only a couple of times, and a person on it appeared. It is very comforting to know that somebody can hear you and that somebody’s there. I would recommend Philips Lifeline, and I have recommended it to some people that are living alone.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I want to live all I can and Philips Lifeline has been wonderful. I've had them for years and my emergency button has been good. Although I don't wear it, it's right here if I have to have it.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have balance problems and I wouldn't be without my Philips Lifeline. When I fell and busted my hip, they answered immediately when I hit the button. It was as soon as I hit that floor. I am living out in the country, 15 miles from the nearest town and they had people out here immediately. Using it is about as simple as you can get. I wear it around my neck if I'm going to church or someplace with people. I will leave it off for the time when I'm going there but it's around my neck all the time. I also accidentally hit the button three times through all the years that I've had it. I said I'm sorry I did such and such, and their reps were as nice as could be.

Philips Lifeline response

Beverly, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was concerned about my age but using the Philips Lifeline makes me more secure. It’s annoying at night, however, because it wraps around my neck. Also, it’s supposed to be good in case I fall, but they recalled it and I haven’t received my new one yet. But I wasn’t charged extra for the type that I have.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your Philips Lifeline service Fay. We are glad to hear having it makes you feel more secure. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I've had nothing but good experiences with Philips Lifeline. They've been nice as they could be. I have lived alone for a long time and both my family and I thought that I needed a medical alert device. Philips Lifeline came, put the system, told me how to operate it and checked if it's working. They also always call whenever they were sending me something. Once, my battery got lost and they sent me another button.

Then I had a fall last September and the device detected it. Philips Lifeline responded right away. After that accident, they called and told me that they were sending me a new thing to wear on wear on my neck which I would now have to punch. My friends also have Philips Lifeline and have also liked it. I've had the unit for a long time now and I'm dependent on it. I have and would recommend them.

Philips Lifeline response

Anne, Thank you so much for providing this review to us. We are glad that you are happy with your Philips Lifeline service and we appreciate that you recommend us as well. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

The Philips Lifeline is comfortable to wear around my neck. When I’m alone, I keep the device all day and night. However, it's started to irritate me at night because I'm being choked with the cord. Also, Philips informed me that the last pendant I got doesn’t show the fall. I ordered a new pendant to wear and it doesn’t do like the one before. They were supposed to send another one but I didn’t get it.

I have used the button and the team got here fast, and they always call back to check if I'm okay. They were also good when I spoke to them, and sometimes when I'm not able to really communicate with them, they call my daughter. They usually do that right away after I've called them. The device makes it good being here by myself. I always feel safer. I'm satisfied with everything and I've told my neighbor who had a stroke to get a Philips Lifeline. I told them how satisfied I am and they see how quick the emergency is here too.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your Philips Lifeline service Wilma. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I got my Philips Lifeline medical alert device a long time ago. It's a safeguard. I wear it around my neck regularly and go do what I do. It's very light and isn't inconvenient. Their team has also been very prompt and they've always answered. I push the little button, it rings, I talk to them and they do whatever needs to be done. But right now, I need a new button since the button I had is worn out. They're also making a new one that will ring in more places. I've gotten two letters from them saying that they're trying to get the units manufactured, but they've not appeared yet.

Philips Lifeline response

Jean, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I'm 84 and I live alone. I have children here, but they're very busy. I wear the device around my neck and since having a Lifeline, I feel that I have some help on my fingers if I need it. Their team has been very nice. Sometimes it takes a little while for them to answer. I get, "You're connected. You'll be connected." And I'm standing there and thinking, "Am I gonna die before they answer?" I'm not happy about that. Otherwise, they're very nice and I feel more secure being alone.

Philips Lifeline response

Anita, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your service. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I’m a bad asthmatic so I got a Philips Lifeline device. I've been using the device for a long time. I have it on all the time and I must have pressed it one time because I got the relief from the Fire Department and the ambulance. The only time they were crossing me out was when they were supposed to pick up when I fell without me pressing the button but that didn’t happen. I didn’t get any answer, so I called later and they said that I have to press the button. So, one says one and another says another. But other than that, I’ve been very pleased with them. They lived up to what they said they’d do. They’re a very professional outfit and have always been prompt in answering. I get help very quickly by either notifying my son or by staying with us while we’re on the line to make sure I'm not alone. That means a lot to me because I’m 98 years old. Overall, I’m satisfied with Philips Lifeline's performance.

Philips Lifeline response

Mary, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us in regard of your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Rhoda is 96 years old. She fell a long time ago and was stuck under the chair and couldn’t get out. We had a different a medical alert device that she had to push but she couldn’t reach it. The Philips Lifeline detects if she falls and we’re glad we have it. She only notices it when she's getting dressed and I feel more secure that she has it. I can't be with her 24/7, and it's a comfort to know that there would be somebody to come to the rescue.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I’ve had Philips Lifeline for years. I fell and I couldn't get up. They responded very fast and sent people right out to pick me up. The ones that came and picked me up were really good and very friendly. They also brought all the stuff to check to see if I’m okay. I have a mechanical valve and a pacemaker, and they checked my heart rate. They also didn't make me feel like I was doing it on purpose. Plus, if I call when I have a problem and I'm not doing something right, their reps help me right away.

I’m usually alone in the daytime and I have one bad leg and I lose my balance. If I fall, I know that there's somebody coming after me. My son doesn't worry, too, because he knows they will come out right off. I wear the device around my neck and I keep it close at night so I don’t have to get up and go get it. The one I have now is getting old and I told them that and so, they’re sending me a new one. The service is great and I’ve never had a problem with them. I’ve had other companies that would call me but I'd tell them that I'm very happy with Philips Lifeline. I’d recommend them to anybody.

Philips Lifeline response

Nancy, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review to us. We are glad that you are happy with your Philips Lifeline service and we appreciate that you recommend us as well. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I'm 86 years old and I live on my own so I thought I needed something. I feel better now because if I need help, I have my Philips Lifeline button. The cord is really too long though, and it gets around my neck at night. It is aggravating but I still wear the device and I pin the cord to my shirt. I'd love to have the watch version but still, I enjoy having the pendant and I'd recommend it.

Philips Lifeline response

Doris, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Stella has a hearing issue so we got a Philips Lifeline for her. Their team was excellent and quick to respond. The device is easy to use and comfortable. She wears it around her neck. We have had good service from Lifeline and whenever we call, they call right back.

Philips Lifeline Company Information

www.lifeline.philips.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use