4.65/5
Based on 1,039 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

2637 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I live alone and so my children gave me a Philips Lifeline as a gift for safety reasons. I wear the device around my neck and I never take it off. Several years ago, I fell and I called Philips Lifeline. They were right here and took me to the hospital. Their response time was very good and I had no complaints. I've recommended Philips Lifeline to several of my friends. Those who are widowed and are living alone should have it.

Philips Lifeline response

Cindy,Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your service and that you wear your button all the time. Thank you for recommending us as well. Please take care!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I'm 95 years and I wanna have protection. For a number of years, I’ve been wearing Philips Lifeline. I just wish the alert works outside. But it’s helpful and I don't worry the way I would if I didn't have it. I'd recommend Philips Lifeline. They have treated me very well and they have been very helpful.

Philips Lifeline response

Bernice, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your service. Please be well!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Philips Lifeline has been good to me and I'm satisfied with my experience. I have multiple sclerosis and because of that, I have balance problems and I fall. I live alone and having their unit gave me a sense of security. It also gave my family satisfaction. It makes me happy that they're pleased and don't have to worry about me. I have used the device for emergencies and Philips Lifeline has been very good. I've been satisfied with their quick and thorough response. I, however, have erroneously called them a couple of times. I wear the help button around my neck and since I'm at the age where I cannot wear a bra because of heartburn, it gets caught under my breasts once in a while and gets pressed. It has also gone off in my sleep a few times.

Philips Lifeline response

Valerie,Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad to hear that you are satisfied with your experience. Please be well, safe and take care!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I’ve needed a medical alert device for a long time as I’m 99 years old and live alone. I needed to have one in case I have an accident. I got the Philips Lifeline and have had to use it when I fell and split my head open. I pressed the button and people came within five minutes so I was very grateful. The team was lovely and I was very pleased with how they responded to me. Wearing my help button around my neck is very comfortable. I never take it off except for a bath when the nurse is here.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We have an elderly and me and my brothers talked her into getting Philips Lifeline because she was home alone half of the time. We now always have somebody here with her but we decided to keep the service because we never know like if we're upstairs. She’s doing good with it, she feels secure and safer since anything can happen when we run to the grocery store which is a mile up the road and it takes sometimes an hour to shop. When she first got the help button, she wasn’t used to it being around her neck. She accidentally pushed the button a couple of times and the response of the team was real fast. When they sent a new button I had to call to see that they get it activated right and they walked us through it real good. I'd highly recommend Philips Lifeline if somebody was by themselves or in a situation like us when somebody's got to go to work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

At first, my mother had the Philips Lifeline. I bought it for her when I was still working. She passed away a few years after I retired and I kept it since by then, I was also a senior citizen and would be living alone. I'm getting old and I need it more than I did before since I'm less independent than I was. I test it now and then and they respond. Moreover, I have fallen once and used it. They responded and I was able to get help. It’s hard to measure time when one is upset, but I didn’t have to wait. I would certainly recommend using Philips Lifeline.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I’m very satisfied with Philips Lifeline and I always recommend them especially to folks my age and people who live alone. I'm having troubles with my breathing and I'm alone in my house and I have nobody to look after me or call a doctor if anything happens. If I need help and if I feel like it’s necessary, I use Philips Lifeline. I've used the help button and they called and came right on. I had it on my arm before but when it was changed, I got the necklace one and I like it much better.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I live alone and I felt like I needed a help button. I just got transferred from the service that Hugh Chatham had as Philips Lifeline took over. It's not as convenient to me compared to the one I had before because I feel like it's far away, but I have no complaints. I wear the help button all the time and it's reassuring to have it. I would tell friends who are interested to take advantage of it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service Dorothy. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your service. Please be well, and take care!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Got this for my mom. Keeps going off (in the middle of the night) for no reason—when she isn't even wearing the pendant. Tech support first insisted it was her fault. It isn't. I've seen it personally. Eventually they sent a techie, who found all the equipment in perfect shape. So, this is a problem with Phillips and Phillips' equipment. I'm actively looking now for a replacement service.

Philips Lifeline response

H, thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your Mothers Philips Lifeline system. We are sorry for the frustration you have been through already. We will pass this request along to our Customer Service Department so someone can follow up with you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 as well if you would like. Please be well, and take care.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My POA client uses Philips Lifeline for medication dispenser system and it works great. Last year his bank changed routing numbers. I have been trying to update this with the company since June 2017! The bank will not continue to let this transaction go through if the routing number does not get updated. I need someone to get a hold of me to get this fixed. It should not take this long or be this hard.

Philips Lifeline response

Gena, thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your clients Philips Medication Dispenser. We are sorry for the delay and frustration you have been through already. We will pass this request along to our Customer Service Department so someone can follow up with you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 as well. Take care

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

My daughter and her children lives with me but I need something that I could push if I would hurt myself or fall when they leave because I don’t walk so I got a Philips Lifeline. It gives me peace of mind. When my daughter goes shopping or has appointment I'll put it on. I've only pushed its button once when I fell out of bed. When I pushed it they were quick to respond. The firemen came and helped me and I was amazed at how fast they did it and how good they were. I thanked and praised them. I have recommended it to friends and my daughter recommended it to her aunt.

Philips Lifeline response

Beverly, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are happy to hear having the service has given you peace of mind. Thank you for letting us know that you would recommend the service as well, we appreciate that very much. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I have had the Lifeline since 2006. I’m by myself and my family wanted me to have protection if I should fall. I wear the device around my neck so it’s not in my way in any way and it has been a godsend in case I should fall. The Philips people also call and they've been very courteous in asking if I need any help. Philips Lifeline is a very good outfit to get connected with and they are very well qualified when I need help.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I’m 93 years old and I’ve had a medical alert device forever. I have been going along without too many incidents but having the Philips Lifeline device is reassuring. I’ve always clung to it because it makes sense especially that I had a couple of falls last month. The Philips Lifeline representatives were attentive and were right there. If you don’t have the Philips Lifeline get moving. I have one and it has been fine.

Philips Lifeline response

Josephine, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with your service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My mother used to wear her Philips Lifeline around her neck all the time and used it a lot, but she's also a dementia patient and she's in hospice right now. We need to cancel it because she just pushes it accidentally. But the Philips team has always been very responsive and great. They were always concerned, and they would wait to make sure everything was okay. The only thing I would improve is the battery as it would run down quite frequently and we have to wait for shipment. Also, Lifeline is good for in-house only, and I know there are some other services now that can also reach outside.

Philips Lifeline response

Jackie, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline service. We are sorry to hear what you and your family are going through with your Mother. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any reason. Our very best to you, your Mom and your family, please take care!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I’m living downstairs of my granddaughter and I have my own apartment. After I had fallen and broken my femur, she said that we had to get something for me because nobody's with me 24/7. With Philips Lifeline, I’m less worried now. I have fallen but I haven’t gotten hurt and I've tried to get up as fast as I can. There were a couple times that Philips Lifeline did call me and my children so that was good. The response time was just a matter of seconds. But one time, my button mustn’t have been picked up and I didn’t realize it. They said they weren’t going to charge my daughter for two months for the service. That aside, everything's been working and the team has been very good, sweet, and kind.

Philips Lifeline response

Clare, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are glad you feel less worried about being alone in your apartment. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Please be well, safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Jean had a couple of falls already. Her granddaughter wanted a medical alert device for her in case she falls again. The Philips Lifeline fits her pretty well and sometimes, she wraps it around her arm. She's never alone but if she needs any help and someone was sleeping, she can press the button so, having the device gives her confidence. In addition, Lifeline's people have been very friendly and helpful. They had me test the device and see if they could hear her from the bedroom. I also went all the way to the back of the house and they could still hear me. We are very satisfied with the service.

Philips Lifeline response

Rick, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us about Jeans Philips Lifeline service. We are happy to hear you are satisfied and Jean more confident having the service. Please be well,and take care!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Philips Lifeline is easy to use and we feel a little more secure with it. However we have the monitor which they respond to in the kitchen and we can’t hear it always throughout the house and they can’t hear us either. We got several calls from them yet we had not touched it and the person using it had not fallen. They were false alarms but they were better to have than not but we were surprised that that happened. They were trying to rework that system but it did not work out. Also the device doesn’t have the capability of being worn to the theater and the expense is also hang-up so I’m looking at others right now that are more inexpensive. Nevertheless Philips Lifeline has been reliable and anytime we’ve needed them they’ve been there.

Philips Lifeline response

George, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

The people at Philips Lifeline told me that their medical alert device didn't have the fall part of it in it, which I had before. So, if I fall, it doesn't do anything. I have to set it off. And since they sent this by mail, I just accepted that the one they have sent me didn't have the fall part. I thought when they got the part they were going to send me another one, but they never did. Much as I would like to call them about it, there are some days that I'm blind. I had a very bad bleeding and I almost bled to death if someone hadn't found me because my Philips didn't have the fall part. Apart from that, I wear the help button all the time. In fact, I've worn it for so long that I don't even know I have it on. All my friends are getting older so I tell them that they need Philips Lifeline, too. I've recommended the one like I bought to anybody who would listen.

Philips Lifeline response

Martha, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are sorry for any frustration you have had, we will pass this along to our Customer service department so someone can follow up with you. We are glad that you wear your button all the time and we appreciate that you recommend us as well. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have vertigo and I’m almost 99 years old. Every time I've had to call Philips Lifeline, they’ve always been real nice. I call them to have them call other people who are supposed to be on my lifeline. And then I have them to call the ambulance and take me to the hospital. The only thing that bothers me is that when the electricity goes off, we don’t have the service. I also had some phone trouble here a while back and they kept telling me I have the telephone off the hook. I couldn’t find the antenna, and I had four people check it to find out that the lightning had broken a thing coming into my house so I didn’t have what I needed. Other than that, I never take the button off and I wear it day and night. I know I'm safe and I feel good about it. If I fall, they will hear me fall. I encourage everybody to have a Lifeline because it has saved my life.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I will be 88 this year and my son, who is a physician, got me a Philips Lifeline medical alert device because of my age as well as my physical condition. I have the button and the machine. People from Philips have been calling me to test the button so I did. Their response time was pretty fast but it's hard to hear them sometimes because they come through broken up in conversation. So far, I've been doing pretty good, but I'm confined at home in order to use the Lifeline. I wish I had something that would cover me wherever I am because if I have a problem, I want to be able to get help anywhere I am.

Philips Lifeline response

James, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I don't have good balance, but wearing my Philips Lifeline makes me feel more confident. When I fell one time, they were able to give me a call. It's also comfortable and easy to use.

Philips Lifeline response

Helen, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are glad you feel more confident having the service, and find it comfortable. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

The doctors told me to call Philips and they sent me the button. The one I had was working fine but Philips said I had to change it because they were changing all the others from other people. They sent a new one but this one hasn’t worked since they gave it to me. I’m disabled and I fall a lot. When I fall or something happens, I press the button but it doesn’t go anyway. We’ve been calling them and last week they said they would send me a new one but I’m still waiting.

Philips Lifeline response

Frenchie, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are sorry for any frustration you have had, please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

My mom had fallen several times so my sisters thought that having the Philips Lifeline device was a good idea. She has had the device for several years now and she keeps it around her neck all the time, pretty much 24/7 unless she’s taking a shower. I've lived here with her for the last year so there was always somebody with her but she still feels more confident with the device so we kept it. I'm also hard of hearing and even though I sleep in the living room, I take my hearing aids out at night. So should she fall out of bed, I might not even hear her. But I know she can push the button and get the ball rolling before I even hear her. She has used it a few times too. She had fallen and wasn't able to get up but she has never been hurt.

The type of device that she pays for is the one with the fall detection and she doesn't have to push the button. Last year, the fall detection picked up her fall when I was in the back bedroom. I came in and the device was already calling to see if she needed an ambulance. We had the firemen come out and pick her up. Since then, we've had the device replaced because the battery was low and Philips sent us a new one. Then two months ago, they sent us a letter saying that this device does not have the fall detection and that they would send us the new one but we have never received it so we are not sure if she has to push the button or not. Plus one time, we were testing that battery and the response seemed to take a long time when we timed it. The device was also flashing so we wanted to make sure it was working. But otherwise, the response time has been good and overall, we would recommend Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Toni, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline service. We are glad to hear that she wears her button all the time, and uses it when she needs help. Our best to all of you, please take care!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Before using Philips Lifeline, I did not feel like I needed one. I live alone and when I came home from the hospital, one of my friends talked me into it. I do not wear my device. I just wear it on my walker. I haven't used it that much recently. What I do not understand is why I pay more now, but I do not have anyone call me monthly to see if it is working. If I were to think it over, I want one of those that work outside of the house.

Philips Lifeline response

Beverly, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Please be well, safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I got Philips Lifeline when I had my stroke. I wear it around my neck and it's really easy to use. On the other hand, sleeping with it is uncomfortable so, I'd rather have it on my wrist. Also, it bothers me that when I go outside my door, it doesn’t work ‘cause I fell outside my door once and it didn’t go off. Other than that, I feel safe and perfectly content with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Marilyn, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I'm 81 years old, got a breathing problem and I'm all alone. My son got me a Philips Lifeline device which I need, health-wise. They sent me a new machine, but I've had nothing but trouble with it and it hasn't worked since I got it. I like the old one better. They've been very good whenever I've talked to them about it, but I'm paying for it so, I'd like it to work. My son is going to see if he can get it going. They should have somebody to come and fix it, not expect the old people to do that. They told me that I got a red button that was supposed to come and it was going to take seven days. I'm very dissatisfied with it. There's another one I'm looking at because I can go out and press the button if I'm outside, rather than just in the house.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service Barbara. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 while your son is there, we would be happy to help. The hours for customer Service are M-F 8am-8:30 pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm. Please be well, safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Janet, the person who uses the Philips Lifeline, is blind. She used to go to the store for 45 minutes by herself, so she needed a medical alert device in case she falls. We had to call them one time to get a new one. They told me that it was on back order, so Janet had to wait a couple weeks. But I told them that it was an emergency situation and she needed it in 24 hours. I had to talk to a supervisor to get that jurisdiction put through since the regular receptionist would not do it. She should have said something instead of me having to get upset. The supervisor was very helpful and they got it overnight. We accidentally pressed the device a couple of times and they called right back.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

My mom has fallen a few times and sometimes I’m not there. We got her a Philips Lifeline and she wears it around her neck and it's very convenient for her. She had emergencies when she needed to use the device and the experience has been very good. We’re very satisfied and I would recommend them for peace of mind and to be safer.

Philips Lifeline response

Lynne, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline service. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with her service, thank you so much for letting us know you would recommend us as well. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I'm 92 and I live alone. My doctors decided that I needed a medical alert device. I got Philips Lifeline for my breathing. I feel good that I have my device and I feel secure that it is here. It is comfortable, easy to use and convenient.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Psychologically, the Philips Lifeline makes us feel more confident. Their people have been very helpful and they've given us good service. Though the wristband is not the most attractive thing, it's comfortable.

Philips Lifeline response

Pat, thank you so much for providing a review to us, we are glad you feel more confident with your Philips Lifeline service. Please be well and take care.

Philips Lifeline Company Information

www.lifeline.philips.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use