4.69/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

2322 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I've had my Philips Lifeline medical alert device for several years now. It's comfortable to wear and I feel secure with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Mary Ann, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad that you find the button comfortable to wear, and you feel secure with the Philips Lifeline Service. Please take care.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was in the hospital and they suggested Philips Lifeline and I've been using it since 2006. It's on my neck and it's comfortable. Also, Philips' response time was very quick and they were courteous. I've been very pleased with Philips and if I had any kind of problem, I could fall back on it. I would recommend them.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us Geraldine. We are glad that you find the button comfortable to wear, and you have been pleased with your Philips Lifeline Service. Thank you for letting us know that you would recommend us as well. Take care!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I kept falling but I feel more secure with the Philips Lifeline medical alert device. I like it and it’s comfortable to wear. Also, their team is always nice.

Philips Lifeline response

Mary, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad that you feel secure with your Philips Lifeline button. Take care!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I decided to get the Philips Lifeline because my sister-in-law was living alone and she was robbed. The person who did it was never found. She pressed the alert button and she was taken to the hospital. I also live by myself and my girls remind me to take my cellphone with me when I work in the garden so having the Philips Lifeline would be an answer to their anxiety. The Philips Lifeline team attached a messy, main system with wires hanging haphazardly around it on the refrigerator. The team isn’t loud when they respond and I also had to call a couple of times to let them know I’m here. The Philips Lifeline is around my neck and it’s difficult to wash my neck when I take a bath. It’s inconvenient but it does make me feel safer at home.

Philips Lifeline response

Phyllis, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad that you feel safer at home with your Philips Lifeline button. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 if you have any questions or concerns. The hours of operation are M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Please take care.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Somebody up in the hospital recommended Philips Lifeline to my daughter and my wife was in there so that’s where I got this one. I’ve had it for a couple of years now and I make sure I have it with me. About a week ago, I was out in the yard doing some things and the paramedics showed up from down East. They asked if I called 911 and apparently, I touched that button some way. I’ve done it before a couple of times, but I was always in the house. They’re quick on the draw and I’d recommend them to my friends.

Philips Lifeline response

Paul, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us. We are glad that you wear your Philips Lifeline button, and that you would recommend us. Take care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Ashley is a 94-year-old man living independently and sometime in the spring of this past year, he got Philips Lifeline which is the only one available in our area. It's quite comfortable for him to wear on his neck although he’s pressed it a few times by accident. The response time was fine and people were normally friendly but he can't actually hear the response even though it's turned up as high as it goes. Still, it makes his family feel more secure in case he falls or something occurs.

Philips Lifeline response

Jassimin, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us for Ashley. We are glad that he wears the Philips Lifeline button, and he and his family feel more secure. Please take care.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I fell a couple of times and I couldn't get up so I had my daughter get in touch with Philips Lifeline and get it for me. It's nice to have it and it's very helpful. I hope I never have to use it, but if I do, I feel that somebody will answer me immediately. One time I had an accident and I pressed it. Somebody answered and got the help for me. It took a little longer because the door was closed and they had to break in, but I'm very satisfied with it. I just recommended Philips Lifeline to somebody and he got it for his mother.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have to use a walker and I'm by myself a whole lot during the day. The nurses and other people thought I needed an alert device. I'm still able to do things and I can help around the house. But I can tell that there's something different in the last several months and I know it's just my age. I feel a whole lot better if I'm by myself because I have the Philips Lifeline and I can get help if I fall. I have accidentally pushed the button once and they were on instantly. I appreciate having something here that I can depend on and I'd recommend it. I also told my sister about it because she asked and she really needs one.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I fell two or three times and I live alone, so I really needed some way to call for help if I needed it. My Philips Lifeline gave me great confidence when I was home and I wore my button right on my chest all the time. The Philips Lifeline team was very good. Several times, I went to the hospital by ambulance and they got me help right away. I would wear the button and everybody knew what it was. However, I’m in a long-term facility now and there are people around all the time. At 93, I decided I couldn’t quite manage alone, and that’s why we’re cancelling. But we've had Philips since my husband was still alive and that was over 10 years ago. I still keep looking down and thinking, “Where’s my button?” because you have to keep it with you since it’s no good if you don’t keep it right on. Overall, Philips Lifeline was excellent, I was very satisfied and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Philips Lifeline was a big help when I was falling. I’m satisfied with it. When I had sciatic nerve damage, and when that pain would come, it would knock me off my feet. That went on for about six months. And then, it just went away. My son pays for my Philips Lifeline and doesn’t want me to get rid of it. He had it upgraded so I could go outside a little bit farther. But sometimes, I don’t wear it because I got cats. After he had it upgraded, they thought I was falling but I was really cleaning my litter box. They even made a trip here one time. So, now they don’t call me and ask me about it. I have hit it twice and didn’t know that I have hit it, and they were on the phone calling me, and I told them everything’s fine. So, now, at night, I usually take it off and they end up where I could reach up and get it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us Thelma. We are glad you are satisfied with your Philips Lifeline Service. Please take care.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I'm 92 years old and I got Philips Lifeline in case of an emergency. I wear it all the time and I take it off when I go out. I had to use it two months ago when I didn't feel good, so I pressed the Lifeline and they were very prompt in coming and were knowledgeable. I'm very satisfied with them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

The nursing home I was in recommended Philips Lifeline. I have it on my wrist and I've been wearing it for a year now. It is working okay, very convenient and very reliable. I'm satisfied. If you're thinking about getting one, talk to other people first.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us Myrlene. We are glad that you wear your Philips Lifeline button, find it reliable, comfortable and are satisfied, take care.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I’ve got a mail from Philips Lifeline about a non-payment. I’m not using it because of the cord. I was walking with my sister-in-law, and a woman says, “Miss, you dropped something.” I looked down and it was the little thing I press to get some help. I didn’t know how it fell off my neck. I meant to call Philips Lifeline and send it back because my daughter is living with me now. I’ve just been too sick and I’ve been in a hospital. Another thing too, right across the street where I live is the Fire Department. So, I can call 911 and the Fire Department is here. The paramedics are here within seconds.

The main reason why I’ve got it was I slipped in the tub. I was in the shower and they had the doors off. But they didn’t take the track. I slipped and my foot landed on the track. I tried to get up, and it just took a piece of my skin right off. I tried to get up again, and I kept falling down. I grabbed the shower curtain, and I fell down. So, I cut my calf. Thank God that the owner of the building was coming in, and he saw water dropping from downstairs because I still had the shower on. He rang my bell. I was just screaming and screaming to go call an ambulance because there was blood all over. So, he got the manager and he got the keys and came in. I had 72 stitches in my leg.

That was when my daughter and my sister-in-law said I had to get one of those medical alert systems. I did and I didn’t like it. I used it twice and it was a good thing to have. I have trouble walking. I have a coffee table and a quite a nice rug underneath that which is over the regular rug in the room. I walked out on my shoe and I fell. So, I was able to use that. Their team was very good. What they do very well is you get a response pretty quick. They've been very efficient

Philips Lifeline response

Doris, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad that you used your Philips Lifeline Service when you needed it. Please reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 if you have any questions. The hours of operation are M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Please take care.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I live at home, but I fall a lot, and when I fall, my daughter who is sleeping upstairs wouldn’t even know that I fell. I fell once, and it was a long time before she knew I was down on the ground. We got Philips Lifeline after that and my children are happy that I have it, because they would be worried that something would happen and nobody would know about it. My children and I feel more secure and Philips makes everybody more at ease knowing that if I fall or something happens and I push it, somebody comes right away. I have fallen a couple of times and they answer it right away. I feel lost without it and when I’m in the hospital, I don’t have it, so I liked having it with me, but it doesn’t work there. I was in the hospital and in rehab for a total of six weeks, and when I called them before, they said they would take an amount off of my bill, but only after I called and it was over. So far, everything’s been fine.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I'm crippled and I can't get up if I fall down. With the Philips Lifeline, I can reach out to somebody if something happens to me. It is only confined to the home, but it's good enough. I used it once or twice when I fell, and they came right away. They were friendly and knowledgeable. The only drawback is that if I go to bed at night with the doors locked and they need to come in, they'll need to break the door or go through a window. Other than that, my experience has been very satisfactory and I feel more secure with it. It's good to have, especially in my condition.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us Frank. We are glad that you have used the button when you needed it. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or if you have a key location or instructions to gain entry to your home. The hours of operation are M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Please take care.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My Philips Lifeline stays on my neck and I don't think I could stay at home by myself without it. I never take it off. I got the device because I can't see and I can't hear and their people treat me wonderfully. When I had a couple of episodes that I've had to use it, they got out in here to me in five minutes and took care of me.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My mother has had her Philips Lifeline for a year and a half. I ordered it for preventative measure, and I feel pretty good that if she falls and I'm not in the room or if I'm out that help will come. She wears it a lot of times. My mom has to go to rehav a couple of times and there's no way to put the device on hold while she's there. We can only do it 30 days every year. So I'm usually paying for it when she's not here to use it. But it's been a good experience and I've recommended them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I had a terrible dizzy spell and I wasn't near anything to hold on to so I fell. After that, I got the Philips Lifeline and my sense of security changed a hundred percent. It takes the worry out of it and their team has been wonderful. They're very polite and knowledgeable. I was on a walking plan before this and I was doing very well, then I had to go back to square one. I've been slowly working up to where I was and I'm almost there. My button is light and fits in to my lifestyle but I put it inside my blouse so it's not terribly obvious. I'm going to really try harder to find a way that the cord doesn't show around the sides of my neck. Generally, I've been making sure that I wear a necklace and sometimes, that covers it up. Also, I wish I could have it discounted medically.

Philips Lifeline response

Persis, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad that you wear your Philips Lifeline button. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 if you have any questions or concerns. The hours of operation are M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Please take care.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We've had Philips Lifeline for a couple of years and all of a sudden the monitor started blinking. I called to see what was the error and the rep told me that the device that my mother had was outdated and she needs a new one. They ordered it and they said it should be coming soon. I realized I'm being charged and we can't even use it. I called them in July and they said they were sending one out but I never received it. We were on vacation and when we got back, I called and let them know we still haven't received it.

My mother has been in the hospital and she's spent some time in rehab. Initially, my experience was good. They've been responsive and a couple of times, we hit it by mistake and they were right there. But when we got to the part where we needed to update the equipment, they didn't follow through so that means we have no coverage. We had to make some other arrangements because this wasn't working. I'm going to call them and terminate it. I'm paying for a service I don't even have and that's crazy. We like the service but it's taking too long.

Philips Lifeline response

Celestine, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are sorry for the delay, and the frustration it has caused, please reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-80-635-6156 so your concerns can be addressed. The hours of operation are M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Please take care.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

My experience with Philips Lifeline has been fine. I have the help of my daughter when I need to call them for any reason or sometimes when it says battery low. I always wear it, and sometimes, I wish the black was a different color. Other than that, they respond quickly when the button is pushed. I used it several years ago when I fell. But right now, I’m doing well. I go to therapy and do my exercise for preventative measure. I’m grateful for God’s blessings and for the service that we get from Philips Lifeline. I appreciate it and I’m very satisfied with them. My sister in the Florida has Philips Lifeline, too.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us Frances. We are glad that you are satisfied with your Philips Lifeline Service and you wear your button. Please be well and safe!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I got a Lifeline medical alert device because my son-in-law hasn't been good for a long time. He's trying to get healthy so they can go places and do a few things and that's where Philips Lifeline comes in. I tested the device yesterday and it went fine. Their rep was very helpful and he explained everything to my daughter. I'm pleased that it reached the very front of the house with the door open, which is where I need it.

Philips Lifeline response

Ethel, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us. Thank you so much for choosing Philips Lifeline as your medical alert company, we are glad to hear you are satisfied. Please take care.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I lived in a trailer by myself and realized I was getting older all the time. I was getting a little bit afraid to live by myself with no help or anyone to know that if I fell. So I got a Philips Lifeline device. But now, I live in an apartment with which ain't much better. I have gotten heart trouble since then. In fact, about a year and a half ago, I fell a few times and had to call the ambulance to take me to the hospital. I didn't think about the Philips Lifeline at that time since I was close to the phone and could call the ambulance.

But I tried to call about once a month to check in with them. The person who set up the device for me said to try and call them about once a month just to check in. So far, my interaction with their representatives is fine. Since having the device, I feel safer too living by myself. I wear it day and night, and even when taking my shower. While I do have neighbors, they're not always home that I can yell out to. They won't probably hear me. Overall, my experience with Philips Lifeline is fine.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us Ida. We are glad you feel safer with your Philips Lifeline Service. We are so happy to hear that you wear it all the time as well. Please be well and take care.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I live here alone and I feel more secure having the Philips Lifeline device. I have it for a couple of years now and I've had to use it twice. Their response was very good and their service was very satisfactory. Philips Lifeline is good and I'd tell others who are interested to go ahead and get them.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us Dale. We are glad that you feel more secure with your Philips Lifeline button, and are satisfied. Please be well and take care.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I wanted to be sure that I was protected and I have a good experience with Philips Lifeline. I pressed it by accident once and there was a phone call. It was very quick. I was a little embarrassed because I had no problem at that time, but they were very understanding. They said it happens sometimes. I feel more secure having Philips Lifeline. I am happy with with and I would recommend it.

Philips Lifeline response

Norma, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad that you feel more secure, and happy with your Philips Lifeline Service. Thank you for recommending our service as well, please take care.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I'm 87 and my kids want me to have a little security. I ordered Philips Lifeline on March 15, 2017. It was my understanding that the type of service I got was for the house and not in the car. I never wear my Lifeline when I go out because I figured it was useless. And then last week, I was going to physical therapy and I was in a hurry. I never took the lifeline off and while I was doing physical therapy, something pressed against it. If I don't answer the box in my bedroom, they call me on the phone and I didn't answer because I was not home. So, they automatically called 911 and the fire truck, the ambulance, and the police came up. They found a window upstairs in my bedroom that was unlocked so they came in. My goddaughter lives up the street so she came down. She called my kids so everybody was upset. They looked all over and didn't find me so they left a note. My neighbors were astounded.

The rep told me there must be a very sensitive piece of equipment in the thing that I wear around my neck. I have never pressed the button but they have called me three times from some error. I had it in my purse and I was coming downstairs. A few minutes later, I got a call from Lifeline because I didn't respond to the box which was upstairs. At least they call and all the people that I talked to were very nice. I'm very satisfied and I like the Philips Lifeline a lot.

Philips Lifeline response

Beverly, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear you feel more secure with your Philips Lifeline Service. In regards to the false alarm you spoke of, since you said it was in your purse, the button could have hit something in your purse while you were leaving and caused the false alarm, but most important, we were glad you were alright. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I have a muscle disease and there’s potential for falling. At times too, my wife has a potential for falling so I wanted to have insurance. We’ve had a couple of calls and a couple of false alerts as well, and the Philips Lifeline team was friendly. I wear the device around my neck, and if I need it, I just press the button. So does my wife, she has the same thing. We’re very comfortable with it. We know that if the need arises, Lifeline is there.

Philips Lifeline response

Gaetano, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad that you both wear your Philips Lifeline buttons, and are comfortable with the service. Please take care!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My husband is 85 years old and he has dementia and a hundred other problems. He falls a couple of times a month but he's had the Philips Lifeline for several years and it is very good. He even sleeps with it but we take it off in the shower. But I never realized that if he moved within 30 seconds, it shuts itself off and he did not remember that as he fell in the bathroom. He tried to get up before the 30 seconds was up and he laid there for an hour until I got back from church. That’s not the way that the thing should be programmed and I was very upset about that. It has to consider people who are very old and have some form of mental disabilities. Plus, it wasn’t until the very last person that I spoke to that she explained to me that if you move, it doesn’t go off. I was very frustrated.

Aside from that, we got a red signal on the machine once and I called to ask them what it was for. The rep said that meant low battery so they would send another one. We have the one that’s supposed to go off automatically without pressing it but they didn't have that particular one in stock. They sent us the one that has to be manually pressed and then when they get the other one in in three weeks, they would send it.

We got the device but I had a hard time programming it to get it connected to the company. I called and asked if they were receiving it and the rep said yes but I couldn't tell if it was working. She said it won't go off if you were sitting on a chair and slide off. You have to be standing and it has to be on your neck or someplace so that there’s enough heft of your body to activate the thing. But in my mind, it didn't make a whole lot of sense because if you’re out cold and you don’t press it, it’s supposed to automatically call the 911 for you. How can it call 911 for you if you tried to move and then pass out? I have a hard time understanding the logic on the way that particular model is programmed.

Last year, I was in the hospital and my husband fell. The operator called one of my daughters and told her to come over and pick up my husband. He's a man who weighs over 200 pounds and she is a woman who probably weighs 150. That's not really feasible and that's what the rescue squad is here for. You don't ever tell somebody to pick the guy up yourself. He fell three times within eight days and then a couple of days later, he had chest pains. I had to call the rescue squad again and they came. Overall, we've had a very good experience with Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Elaine, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad that you feel the Philips Lifeline Service is good, and your father wears it all the time. We are sorry for any miscommunication you encountered and appreciate the feedback. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 if you have any questions or concerns. The hours of operation are M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Please take care.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have a son that’s a couple of houses down. He comes in all the time and checks on me. He bought LifeLine for me just in case I fall. I've had the device for about four years. I have it around my neck and I never worry about it to keep me secure. Two of my housekeepers accidentally set it off twice when they were cleaning. It was in my bedroom and I wasn’t in my bedroom when they did it. The reps from Philips called back right away and I told them everything was fine.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us Jacqueline. We are glad to hear you feel secure with your Philips Lifeline Service. Take care!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My wife has Philips Lifeline for about a year now and it works for her. Since she has Alzheimer's disease, she can leave stuff on or she could fall down. She can also forget the instructions she’s been given, so I have to make sure that she wears the device all the time. The device doesn’t weigh much and it seems that there’s no discomfort with my wife when she wears it. Sometimes she'll take it off or tuck it in her sweater so that if she ever needs it, it'll be available. My wife is rarely left alone, as well, since I am retired and a care keeper comes in when I’m on dialysis. She doesn’t go out that much too.

We had accidentally hit the button a couple of times and the Philips Lifeline team called us right away to check. They’re good and quick to respond. The little box also came on and said, “Are you okay?" I heard that a lot of times, so I told Philips Lifeline that my wife was fine. I would recommend Philips Lifeline as it does what it's supposed to.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My parents were experiencing a lot of falls and weren’t able to get going on their own, so we needed the extra layer of security. The Philips Lifeline makes all of us feel a little more secure to know help is only a button away if they need it. My dad wears his on his wrist and my mom wears hers on a chain around her neck. Plus, they can wear them in the shower. We’ve had to have the little transmitters that they wear replaced. My dad’s got crushed in an accident. Their reps have been kind and very immediate in giving help. We got the thing by FedEx the next day. We would highly recommend Philips Lifeline to anybody. They’ve been great for us to work with, and it’s been a very happy and rewarding experience.

Philips Lifeline response

Ruth, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us. We are glad that you feel more secure since your parents have the Philips Lifeline Service. Thank you so much for recommending us as well, we really appreciate that. Please take care!

Philips Lifeline Company Information