4.1/5 (194 ratings)

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
  • Multiple location technologies
  • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
  • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: April 4, 2014

I have not had any problems with the Philips Lifeline device. It's fine. It works very well. I like it and I'm pleased with it.

Original review: April 4, 2014

My experience interacting with the Philips Lifeline team has been good.

Lifeline response

Glad to hear this! Thanks for taking the time to give us a review!

Original review: April 3, 2014

Ordering the device was a good experience. My girl friend called and had it all set up for me and they were here and did it right away... I'm still standing and walking and haven't had to use them for which I'm very happy. But last night or yesterday afternoon, my doggy stepped on me and hit the button.They called immediately and said, "Ma'am are you alright? Do you need help?" And I said, "No, my dog just stepped on the button." So far I've been very happy with Philips Lifeline.

Hi Helen,

Thanks for taking the time to share your story. Hearing about your dog accidentally hitting the button made us smile. Believe it or not it actually happens a lot!

Be well and know we are here if you need anything.

Sincerely- The Philips Lifeline Team

Original review: April 3, 2014

I got it in the mail and hooked it up myself but had a little trouble getting it hooked up, because I'm an older person and didn't know. But it's doing good and I'd recommend it.

Original review: April 3, 2014

We're very happy with the Philips Lifeline alert system. We haven't needed it for an emergency yet, but we've gotten several calls because it was bumped against something. It's pretty sensitive which is what we would want. They've been wonderful.

Original review: April 3, 2014

I live alone and my house is pretty good but sometimes I feel like I need something if I need help. I got Philips Lifeline but I've never had to use it, thank goodness. The only time I've had anything to do with anybody was when a guy came out here and installed it. So far I'm very satisfied. I'm thankful that I have it and I don't know how it would work if I really needed it.

Original review: April 2, 2014

I've used another alert service before but Philips Lifeline took over that group. It was really supplemented or helped by a volunteer group of ladies in Tennessee Christian Hospital here in Nashville. At that time I had surgery in that hospital and found out about the service and when I went home, I started with that group. So after that hospital closed or changed to something else, they had to stop their insurance and they went with Philips Lifeline. This change was made for me. I really didn't know much about Philips but they've been courteous and helpful all the way through it.

I have not had the kind of emergencies that I needed to use it but one time, just last year, I accidentally caught my button. I always had it around my neck and I was in the bathroom cleaning up and picking up and rang it without realizing it. Between me and a metal bar, the pressure evidently just set it off. And I could not hear well and could not hear from the bathroom that they were talking to me over the bathroom. They tried several times evidently and the first phone call I got, I had my phone with me and got a phone call from the sheriff's deputy saying the ambulance was on the way. I told the sheriff's deputy to immediately cancel the ambulance that I had no need of, that I was fine and unaware totally and the next thing, two policemen arrived at the door. They were courteous and then a friend came from several miles and her name had been on the list of people to call and so she came. All of this was like one to two o'clock at night. They took care of that emergency and good order and it all settled back down as a false alarm but they were gracious.

This medical alert technology is excellent. Their technology works, and every once in a while there would be something minor like I don't know how to get that button to stop bouncing, going back and forth between the green light and something else, which indicates that a phone is off the hook. And I told him the phones were all working just fine without any problem and she took care of that. I guess it was a reset button. And then another time they sent a whole new set to replace it and we were to send the old one back in, and they gave me instructions so everything has worked out very smoothly. I at one time had investigated to see if I can find anything less expensive because I'm barely on the edge income and didn't find anything, and I'm glad because they have been so helpful in everything.

Original review: April 2, 2014

It's a help to know that you have it in case you need help, even though I've got my telephone. But if your telephone goes falling across the floor, you still got it around your neck or on your arm and you can press that and you get help. It's a great idea.

Original review: April 2, 2014

Philips Lifeline is always on the ball. I've fallen and instead of pushing them like an idiot, I should punch it. I waited to see if I could get up and then I called somebody over here to help me instead of bugging them. I always think that when you call them, they're going to send the ambulance, and I don't need that. I just need somebody to help me up. But one time, I accidentally punched it. I picked up a box and I didn't realize I did it. I was in one room and heard this voice saying, “Susan **, are you alright?” I’m thinking, “Where in the heck is that coming from?”

And then when I realized what it was, I came in and I was laughing. I said, “Oh, I'm so sorry. I bumped the box on it. I was picking it up and it bumped it.” And they said, “Well just so you're all right.” They call and ask me to punch my button, it’s time to punch the button, and I do. They say, “Is everything okay?” They always pick on me. I say, “Yes, it’s just fine.” I've not had any bad experience from it all. I'm thoroughly pleased and I have mentioned them to people. I would recommend them. The only thing is sometimes I think if you're having a heart attack, you're going to be gone by the time they get somebody here.

Original review: April 2, 2014

I've been totally satisfied with Philips Lifeline. The only problems I've ever had are false alarms when they thought I had fallen and hadn't, but the only concern I have is the call.

Original review: April 2, 2014

My doctors and nurses recommended that I get the Philips Lifeline medical service. I've had heart issues but I'm doing good now. I feel I don't really need it but I still keep it. This alert button has made me feel more safe when I'm out by myself. It's done wonders for me.

Original review: April 2, 2014

Everyone with Philips Lifeline has been very courteous and given me the information that I needed, and so I have no complaints about them. I have told other people about it. I've had to use it and I'm very grateful for it. I've had no problems with it.

Hi Ruth,

We are happy to hear you have had positive experiences with us and thank you so much for talking about the Philips Lifeline service. It means a lot to us.

Enjoy the Spring!

Sincerely- The Philips Lifeline Team

Original review: April 2, 2014

I think every older person should have a Philips Lifeline medical help alert device. I'm very happy to have it in my home. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Original review: April 1, 2014

I haven't had any problem with Philips Lifeline and I would recommend it.

Original review: April 1, 2014

I haven't used Philips Lifeline that much but they were friendly. I didn't have any concerns or difficulties prior to using it. I was thinking about changing because I can get a free one, it won't cost me nothing. But I haven't changed yet.

Original review: April 1, 2014

I would recommend the Philips Lifeline.

Original review: April 1, 2014

I recommend Philips Lifeline all the time. They are wonderful.

Original review: April 1, 2014

If I didn't need Philips Lifeline, I wouldn't use them. Right now they are a pain around my neck. They're right in my way all day when I do things. It gets accidentally pushed sometimes but I guess they're an okay service.

Original review: April 1, 2014

I haven't had any difficulties with my Philips Lifeline medical alert device. It worked very well. If I don't contact them, they call me and I ask them to call and tell them how I'm doing and I do that and we've gotten along fine. It's very comforting. I have recommended them to many people.

Original review: April 1, 2014

The Philips Lifeline is a good service. They really know what they do. I've had it about for almost a year now and used it twice. It was great for them to call the ambulance and to be here. They've been very good. I wish they can have a wireless system or a connection go into a modem, so it would be easy for people to call. And also for when you go out, they should have something that could let somebody else to know what you want.

Original review: April 1, 2014

My experience with Philips Lifeline has all been good. I have fallen a couple of times since I've had it, and its been good. I've accidentally gone one time and they were real nice about that.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I'm getting older and I'll be 90 years old pretty soon, and I thought I better have something because I was living alone in a senior building. My son wanted me to come and live with them and I didn't want to, so I got a Philips Lifeline. The few times I had to use it, it works that time for me and they were very nice.

Happy Birthday Virginia! - From the Philips Lifeline Family

Original review: March 31, 2014

The Philips Lifeline machine that I'm using now belonged to my wife and she died so I took it on. Usually I have a battery going down so they replace the whole works. They come on and tell me to buzz it to test it, and I've done that. The Lifeline team is friendly and very good.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I have no problems with the Philips Lifeline device. My daughter tests it every time she comes over, and there is always somebody on the line there, so it's fine. I have no complaints with it because I haven't had to use it yet. Thank God.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I'm 90 years old, I live alone. My daughter researched several different lifeline programs and felt that Philips was the best for me. My husband passed away three years ago, and he also had difficulty getting around. We dealt with them both and they've always been very, very good. I fell recently, but I didn't just crash to the floor. I caught myself with my hands and so therefore the alert didn’t show that I had fallen. I was able to call, to press my button, and tell them that I just needed help getting up. That worked very well and they did call back and check on that. They were concerned about the fact that it hadn't worked, but it was just the fact that I hadn't had a hard fall.

The service we've had with them is very good. They were always available and very courteous and friendly. They would call back and see that I had been taken care of, if we got good service. Fortunately, I have a fire station and ambulance within a mile, and so I've become friends with all of them too. So I've got service both from the Philips Lifeline and with them, so we've been very well taken care of.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I like Philips Lifeline very much because anytime I had to call, they would call me right back and find out what the trouble was. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: March 31, 2014

Philips Lifeline is good. I would recommend it.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I would recommend Philips Lifeline. They're outstanding and they've done everything they have committed to do.

Lifeline response

We like hearing our customers are happy and are so glad you would recommend the Philips Lifeline service. Enjoy the Spring, Helen and best of luck in all that you do.- From The Philips Lifeline Team.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I've had a good experience with Philips Lifeline. The Lifeline team was courteous and very nice.

Original review: March 30, 2014

I have no concerns about Philips Lifeline. Since I live by myself, that's what my son wanted me to have so I have it and I'm very pleased with it. My experience with them has been fantastic. They're very courteous. It's a very good service.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009