2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (314 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
    • Multiple location technologies
    • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
    • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: March 25, 2014

Philips Lifeline is fine but sometimes it goes off unexpectedly. But overall, it gives a very secure feeling. If we need them, they would be right there. It's a good feeling. I would certainly recommend it.

Original review: March 24, 2014

I've pressed my Philips Lifeline alert device a few times on accident. I just fit it on and all of a sudden it goes off. I had to wait for the lady to come and tell her what had happened. But everything is great, and they were always understanding. I like it and have no problem with it.

Original review: March 24, 2014

I'd recommend Philips Lifeline to anybody. I’m satisfied. I have it just in case so I can use it if I have to.

Lifeline response

We are glad you would recommend us. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and Happy Spring!

Original review: March 23, 2014

My children ordered a Philips Lifeline device for me. I spoke to the person who came out here to set it up for us and he was friendly. So far, everything has been fine. Because I have the Lifeline, I feel more secure. I have recommended it to some people.

Original review: March 23, 2014

I've gotten good results from Philips Lifeline. I haven’t had to use them but they call me once a month and I thank them. I would recommend them to somebody.

Original review: March 23, 2014

My Philips Lifeline is right here all the time. It's like somebody's right here with you. I'm not here alone all the time but when I am, you're not alone. I would have bled to death the last time I fell without Philips. Instead I've had this on. Even my kids feel better with it on me because they can't be here all the time. It should have come out years and years ago to help elderly people. Some don't even have to be elderly to have it.

Original review: March 23, 2014

I would recommend Philips Lifeline to a friend. They are very efficient. I had fallen on my back and was just in terrible shape that I couldn't even move. I called and it was hardly a second until they answered and then the lifesaving crew was here just very shortly.

Lifeline response

What an amazing story. We are so sorry to hear about your fall but are so glad that we were there to get you help when you needed it the most. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Best wishes. Sincerely, The Philips Lifeline Family.

Original review: March 22, 2014

I got the Phillips Lifeline device after an injury. I feel a little bit more confident and less worried now that I have the device with me. It's comfortable to wear.

Original review: March 22, 2014

They're always nice. Though it takes them too long. I have fallen three times and my hips has gone out and you're in such horrific pain that you can’t wait. You've got to have something done immediately. With Philips Lifeline, I know there’s always going to be somebody there. I do feel like they could be a little more professional in the way they handle the situation. Overall, they're pretty good and have always taken care of whatever I needed.

Lifeline response

This is really good feedback. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We pride ourselves on providing timely and professional responses in all areas of our service and we are very sorry you had an experience that fell short of this. If you would like to review a specific situation with us, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-635-6156. Thanks and enjoy the Spring!

Original review: March 22, 2014

I'm living alone by myself. My son purchased the alert system for me. I enjoy it very much because I feel safer and more comfortable. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Hi Ludene,

That was very nice of your son to get the service for you. We are so happy you enjoy it and are glad we are able to give you and your family peace of mind.

Original review: March 22, 2014

I have recommended Philips Lifeline to a number of friends. I wear the alert when I go out working in the yard. One time it fell down in front of me and then somebody came here with an ambulance. The other time, I didn't hear the phone when you called. I came in the house with five firemen in my kitchen. They were nice and friendly but I felt sorry for them to make a trip. It wasn't necessary at all. But I feel well taken care of and it’s nice to know that I can get in touch with somebody if I'm on the side of the road or if something happens.

Original review: March 21, 2014

The ordering process at Philips Lifeline was a little tough, but their customer service team is excellent. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 21, 2014

They took 20 to 25 minutes to get to me. I was on the floor and I had to eventually get myself up and I would yell over the speaker, whoever I’m talking to, the machine, and I tell them, “I could be dead by now by the time you people come.” I think Philips Lifeline can improve a little better and get to the person on time quicker.

Hi Rosemarie,

We are so sorry to hear about your negative experience and hope you are doing okay. Lifeline prides itself on providing the best service to our subscribers and we strive to handle each help call in a timely manner. So we can better understand the situation and ensure your equipment is properly connected we will have a Customer Service Representative contact you soon.

Sincerely,

The Philips Lifeline Team

Original review: March 21, 2014

We've had Philips Lifeline for years. My daughter got it for me. I'm very pleased with it and glad that I have it. I depend upon it.

We are glad we are there for you. Sincerely- The Philips Lifeline Team

Original review: March 21, 2014

I've never had to use Philips Lifeline, but they call me once in a while and tell me to push the button to see if it’s working all right. I’m glad to have it. It’s nice to have because I live by myself.

Original review: March 20, 2014

My wife and I have one. It was easy ordering the alert system.

Lifeline response

We are so glad you had an enjoyable experience ordering our service. We strive to give our customers a great experience and enjoy hearing positive feedback!

Original review: March 20, 2014

The Philips Lifeline team couldn't be any nicer. I have the medical alert that I wear around my wrist and I feel very comfortable having it. Several months ago, I dreamt there was somebody in my condo so I pushed it and they came right on, and then I apologized to tell them it was a dream and I didn't realize it. They’re wonderful and great. The people who live alone should always have them on no matter what age.

Hi Dorothy,

What a scary dream (thankfully it wasn't real). We are so glad we were there to give you peace of mind and thank you for the compliments. Be well!

Sincerely,

The Philips Lifeline Family

Original review: March 20, 2014

I'm bedridden and I need it. The representatives of Philips Lifeline have been nice.

Original review: March 20, 2014

I haven’t had to use it but I like my Philips Lifeline alert system.

Original review: March 19, 2014

I remember there were a couple of times that I fell and Philips Lifeline answered right away. I just fell down and I got right up, but they responded very quickly.

Original review: March 19, 2014

I've got it since I live in my house. I cant walk (to work); I have multiple sclerosis, and they recommended it for that reason. Philips Lifeline is fantastic. I like it. I wear it daily.

Original review: March 19, 2014

My Philip Lifeline alert system is working fine, though I've never ever used it. My children insist that I have it and I also keep my cell phone in my pocket most of the time. I would recommend it.

Lifeline response

Thanks for recommending us!

Original review: March 19, 2014

I have Philips Life but I haven't used it so I can't tell whether I have satisfaction or not. But I think it would be good.

Original review: March 18, 2014

I have never had to use this thing around my neck, thank goodness, but I wear it all the time. Would recommend Philips Lifeline.

Original review: March 18, 2014

I’m pleased with the ordering process and glad that I have Philips Lifeline - it's a life saver for me.

Verified Reviewer Caregiver of Customer
    Original review: March 9, 2014

We have been customers just over a month after my mother took a fall and we decided we needed a medical alert system. We went for the auto fall detection service which worked great in the instance leading up to my complaint. My issue is that, only one contact attempt was made to inform me that my mother was sent to the ER. I had just switched phone providers and voice mail was not yet set up, so they could not leave a message and at the time they called, I was driving in an area with spotty service and missed the call. I found out about the emergency 2.5 hrs after the fall occurred from a neighbor, calling to see if everything was ok after seeing the ambulance in the driveway. By this time, my mother had already been released and was sitting in the emergency room lobby waiting for someone to figure out she was there.

Verified Reviewer Direct Customer
    Original review: Jan. 12, 2014

I have had a very positive experience with Lifeline. I have had to press the button several times when I fell or felt dizzy. They were great and very helpful in responding, contacting rescue services and contacting my emergency contacts. They are helpful and fairly prompt in responding, and I am very satisfied with their service. I would consider changing services only to get GPS service.

Original review: June 2, 2013

My mother decided to return the Philips Lifeline. I don't like how she was treated whenever she called the company. They demanded she pay the shipping charges and to do it by a deadline or pay $400. Mom is almost 92 and cannot drive anymore. She was stressed out for over a week over the whole matter and the rude way she was treated. It is terrible to treat the elderly such as she was treated. She finally got the thing returned and it was a terrible experience for her.

Original review: March 30, 2013

We have had Life Line for 4 years and just recently finally used it with very disappointing results. My mother pushed her button because of a very high pulse rate of 150. She has atrial flutter that can cause a stroke. The Life Line representative came on the line and asked if she needed help. My mother responded yes, but the representative said, "Okay, I'll reset your alarm." My mother repeated, "No, I need help," and the representative again said, "Okay, I'll reset your alarm." This happened 3 times before the representative said "Okay," and started asking the emergency questions.

We have only a 1400 sq. ft. single story home with two Life Line receivers more than they advised we needed. She tests monthly and never had problems with hearing issues at testing. Next was the bad part. The representative hung up and said someone would call back. Another rep did call back and advised 911 was on the way - but she hung up too. No Life Line rep was on the line to acknowledge that emergency response actually arrived to help. They had not attempted to call my mother back at home to until emergency had arrived, assessed her problem and taken her to the hospital. So when Life Line finally called back (over 45 minutes later), of course, no one was at home.

I got a call from Life Line 50 minutes after my mom first pushed her button telling me they didn't know where she was! Can you image how frightening a call like that would be? Luckily, I received the call while already at the hospital with my mom. My name was the only name on Life Line's first to call list! It was only because a neighbor contacted me (on the same phone number Life Line had) when the paramedics arrived. This way I knew what was going on and allowed me to meet the ambulance at the hospital. Life Line should have been the one to inform me promptly and correctly.

What would have happened if there was a screw up and emergency responders didn't arrive? Life Line would not have known. When I asked this question to the Life Line Customer Service Rep, I was advised that it was the Emergency Responders' responsibility to call in and let Life Line know they had arrived or if the emergency responders did not arrive - my mother should have pressed her button. What if she was unconscious? I have not paid either the Emergency Responders or my mother $50 a month for 4 years! It certainly was not their responsibility.

Yesterday, we took the equipment back to the local Life Line office and cancelled our service. I did miss returning the necklace and have put it in the mail today. I have to say the local customer service representative has been very kind; it wasn't her fault. Luckily, the incident did not result in a disaster, but it well could have and given me a heart attack in the process if my neighbor hadn't been there.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
    AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
    iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
     World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009