4.4/5 (318 ratings)

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
  • Multiple location technologies
  • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
  • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: March 31, 2014

I'm getting older and I'll be 90 years old pretty soon, and I thought I better have something because I was living alone in a senior building. My son wanted me to come and live with them and I didn't want to, so I got a Philips Lifeline. The few times I had to use it, it works that time for me and they were very nice.

Happy Birthday Virginia! - From the Philips Lifeline Family

Original review: March 31, 2014

The Philips Lifeline machine that I'm using now belonged to my wife and she died so I took it on. Usually I have a battery going down so they replace the whole works. They come on and tell me to buzz it to test it, and I've done that. The Lifeline team is friendly and very good.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I have no problems with the Philips Lifeline device. My daughter tests it every time she comes over, and there is always somebody on the line there, so it's fine. I have no complaints with it because I haven't had to use it yet. Thank God.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I'm 90 years old, I live alone. My daughter researched several different lifeline programs and felt that Philips was the best for me. My husband passed away three years ago, and he also had difficulty getting around. We dealt with them both and they've always been very, very good. I fell recently, but I didn't just crash to the floor. I caught myself with my hands and so therefore the alert didn’t show that I had fallen. I was able to call, to press my button, and tell them that I just needed help getting up. That worked very well and they did call back and check on that. They were concerned about the fact that it hadn't worked, but it was just the fact that I hadn't had a hard fall.

The service we've had with them is very good. They were always available and very courteous and friendly. They would call back and see that I had been taken care of, if we got good service. Fortunately, I have a fire station and ambulance within a mile, and so I've become friends with all of them too. So I've got service both from the Philips Lifeline and with them, so we've been very well taken care of.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I like Philips Lifeline very much because anytime I had to call, they would call me right back and find out what the trouble was. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: March 31, 2014

Philips Lifeline is good. I would recommend it.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I would recommend Philips Lifeline. They're outstanding and they've done everything they have committed to do.

Lifeline response

We like hearing our customers are happy and are so glad you would recommend the Philips Lifeline service. Enjoy the Spring, Helen and best of luck in all that you do.- From The Philips Lifeline Team.

Original review: March 31, 2014

I've had a good experience with Philips Lifeline. The Lifeline team was courteous and very nice.

Original review: March 30, 2014

I have no concerns about Philips Lifeline. Since I live by myself, that's what my son wanted me to have so I have it and I'm very pleased with it. My experience with them has been fantastic. They're very courteous. It's a very good service.

Original review: March 30, 2014

The Philips Lifeline device is fine. In fact, I used it once. But I don't think that it's as efficient because it does not work except within a very small area. I did call them once because I didn't know how to turn it off. Then I hit my head and it bled a little bit so I said, "Oh, I don't think I need to call them but heck, I'm paying for it, I might as well call 'em." They came right away and were very good. It's fine as far as it goes

Original review: March 30, 2014

I'm very well satisfied with Philips Lifeline. I feel real comfortable with it and feel like if anything would happen, all I had to do is just press that buzzer and I would get some reaction.

Original review: March 30, 2014

The Philips Lifeline help button is handy and has helped me with my everyday life. It was my daughter who told me about it because I live alone, was unsure of my walking and I'm worried I would fall. I haven't really had to use it but it's good to know that it's there and I have somebody I can call right away. I would recommend Philips Lifeline.

Original review: March 30, 2014

I've had Philips for a while and I've always had Philips. I would recommend it. I feel more independent and free.

Original review: March 30, 2014

I've had Philips Lifeline maybe a year and I thought, “Oh, I really shouldn't have to spend money on this.” Then I had a fall in the middle of the night and boy was that a lifesaver. I pressed it and right away the answering people came on over there and they notified my neighbor. They also notified the ambulance and both were here very soon. I certainly recommend it to all my friends that they get one. They get an answering machine or a necklace. I feel safer.

Original review: March 30, 2014

My children signed me up for Philips Lifeline. They wanted me to have it because I had fallen occasionally. I'm very pleased with the service. I wear it all the time. It has been very helpful. They are excellent.

Original review: March 30, 2014

My experience with Philips Lifeline alert system is fine though I haven't had to use it, thank goodness.

Original review: March 29, 2014

Philips Lifeline is okay. I enjoy having it.

Original review: March 29, 2014

Philips lifeline works. The other day I tripped and it went on. They were going to repair it but I haven't had any problems because I haven't fallen. Every time that I turn it on, I'm wondering if it works... so I press the button just to see how soon they take to answer. It took a little while but they answered. I'm very satisfied so far.

Original review: March 29, 2014

Luckily, I haven't had to use it, but I have no complaint for the service people. I like Philips Lifeline alert system. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for sharing your opinion. We are glad to hear you haven’t had to use the service yet but please know we are here if you need anything.

Original review: March 29, 2014

I haven't used my Philips Lifeline alert device. I find it a minor nuisance because I cannot get it to stay where I set it. I can move the length of it but as soon as I do it, then it slides right back to where it starts from. I'd recommend it to anybody who was in a situation that's reasonable that they would need it.

Original review: March 29, 2014

My daughter bought me a Philips Lifeline medical alert device and I've had a good experience with it.

Original review: March 28, 2014

I had wonderful service with Philips Lifeline. There was only one occasion that was different and they straightened that out. It just makes me feel safer out here by myself. The original one I got was one of those that if you fell, it went off. That didn't work for me because I'm too active. So that was nothing but a pain. I was about ready to get rid of it when I found they talked to somebody that told me that I could get one that I could push when I need it; I didn't need the other one. I bought Philips Lifeline because I'm thinking that I may need help at a time when nobody's around.

Original review: March 28, 2014

We have no problems whatsoever with Philips Lifeline. We haven't had to use the alert device but it was hit once by mistake and they were very nice to us.

Original review: March 28, 2014

I haven't had to use Philips Lifeline, but everything's okay. A couple of times, my phone was off the hook and they called me. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 28, 2014

Philips Lifeline is excellent. They are always responsive.

Original review: March 27, 2014

When we got Philips Lifeline all hooked up and everything, they were all friendly and helpful. The ordering process was great and wonderful, and we're satisfied. We haven't had to use it yet, thank goodness.

Lifeline response

We are glad you had an enjoyable experience! Thanks for taking the time to provide a review.

Original review: March 27, 2014

My experience with Philips Lifeline - they were very good.

Original review: March 27, 2014

Having Philips Lifeline helps me a great much. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 27, 2014

Thank God I've never had to use it. But a couple of times when it got plugged accidentally, Philips Lifeline was there immediately to see if anything was wrong.

Original review: March 26, 2014

I love my Philips Lifeline and the confidence in knowing that I have help when I need it. I have not had to use it but know I could use it if I need it. It's really a consolation for me.

Lifeline response

Your review means a lot to us. Giving our customers confidence is very important to us and we are so glad you feel more confident now that you have Philips Lifeline.

We are glad you have not had to use it but know we are always there if you ever do.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009