Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

2. Medical Alert Systems

4.4/5 (50 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About Bay Alarm Medical

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• GPS technology
    • Optional automatic fall detection
    • 30-day free trial

Cons

• Add-on services can get expensive

Bottom Line

Bay Alarm Medical offers a comprehensive menu of products and services without long-term contracts. Add-ons can get pricey, but there are budget options to cover the basics.

Top Bay Alarm Medical Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Bay Alarm Medical has been very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable in ordering and assisting after delivery with questions and set up. We called back and added the bracelet to ...

Verified

Every one was patient with me. They stayed on the phone until it was fully tested.. It was a relief to know that all the systems were active. All of my questions were answered and...

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About Bay Alarm Medical

Bay Alarm Medical provides 24/7 emergency response services at a competitive price. With the push of a button, a Bay Alarm Medical operator connects with emergency personnel or the user's approved emergency contacts.

Bay Alarm Medical alert devices are made in the United States and connect to U.S.-based monitoring centers. Wireless Bay Alarm Medical alert devices run on the AT&T cellular network but don’t require an existing AT&T account — cellular service is included in the cost of the device.

Bay Alarm Medical alert packages

Bay Alarm Medical offers discounted bundle packages for medical alert devices used in the home and on the go.

• In-Home Medical Alert: The Bay Alarm Medical in-home medical alert is designed to be stationary at home but is lightweight enough to move around the house. It accesses help with the push of one button and provides a 32-hour battery backup. Reception is clear and easy to understand, and the service can include automatic fall detection.
    • Mobile GPS Help Button: Powered by 4G LTE, the Mobile GPS Help Button summons emergency medical help when needed. The unit includes GPS technology that informs emergency operators the exact location of the user, allowing users independence from checking in with others while providing caregivers the ability to monitor movements. The wearable, lightweight and barely noticeable device features clients tracking and optional auto fall buttons.
    • In-Car Medical Alert: The In-Car Medical Alert can provide peace of mind for users who don’t want to give up the ability to drive their car. Users can summon help, and the device instantly detects a crash. It provides two-way communication if help is called. The device plugs easily into the car’s cigarette lighter/12V auxiliary power outlet and maintains a GPS signal, letting caregivers track the driver and document trip information. Add-ons include in-home medical alert buttons and GPS buttons to carry all the time.
    • 360° Protection Bundle: This has all of the Bay Alarm Medical services available in one package. With the 360° Protection Bundle, users can access the In-Home Alert, Mobile Alert and Car Alert systems. It’s a comprehensive bundle that comes with an all-in-one discount that has every potential place for emergency calls covered. This package can include fall detection, wall buttons and lockboxes.

Bay Alarm Medical price comparison

Bay Alarm Medical pricing depends upon the user's chosen bundle. Occasionally, a Bay Alarm medical promo code will be available for a discount.

ProductBasic ProtectionPreferred ProtectionPremium Protection
    In-Home Medical Alert$19.95/month$39.95/month$59.95/month
    Mobile GPS Help Button$29.95/month$39.95/month$49.95/month
    In-Car Medical Alert$29.95/month$49.95/month$59.95/month
    360° Protection Bundle$59.95/month$69.95/month$79.95/month

Bay Alarm Medical accessories

Bay Alarm Medical accessories can be added to the different medical alert plans for extra protection.

Lockbox
    • $39.95
    • Combination-style lock
    • Holds up to 5 sets of keys

The Bay Alarm Medical lockbox goes on your outside door and is programmed with an entry code emergency personnel can access when they respond to an emergency inside your home. It protects your property and it protects you from having to let them in.

Help Buttons
    • $1.95 per month
    • Up to 1,000' coverage
    • Waterproof

Additional medical alert buttons are available for you, your spouse, and any roommates or family members who live with you. You can wear it around your wrist or neck for mobility, it's waterproof, and its battery has a five-year lifespan. You can get each extra buttons for an additional $1.95 per month.

Wall Button
    • $2.95 per month
    • Waterproof
    • 5-year battery life

Bay Alarm Medical wall buttons should go in high-risk and high-traffic areas around your home, where you can easily press them for help. They’re extremely easy to see, waterproof and highly adhesive. If you don’t want to wear a button all the time, buy a single wall button for $2.95 per month or four for $10 per month.

Protection Plan
    • $5 per month
    • Supports up to 1,800 watts
    • 600 Joule surge protection

The Bay Alarm Medical Protection Plan provides additional peace of mind by keeping your medical alerts safe from power surges, flood, voltage spikes or other damaging incidents. The plan includes surge protectors, lights and warranties. The cost is $5 per month and covers up to $300.

Vile of Life
    • $8.95
    • Provides medical information to EMS
    • Durable plastic with magnetic strip

The Vial of Life is free with a new subscription or can be purchased separately for $8.95. It’s great for anyone who wants to keep all medical and contact information in one place. If you cannot communicate when emergency personnel arrives, they only need to look at this information.

DSL
    • $24.95
    • One-time charge
    • For In-Home Medical Alert systems

If you’re using high-speed internet in your home through DSL, you want to keep the signals from getting crossed. A DSL filter will do that, and if you don’t have your own, you can buy one directly from Bay Alarm Medical for $24.95.

HIGH-SPEED PHONE CORD
    • $9.95
    • One-time charge
    • 25” long

Bay Alarm Medical offers a 25-foot high-speed phone cord that’s compatible with both analog and digital applications. For some, a longer cord can allow more flexibility where the base station is located.

Bay Alarm Medical Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: March 26, 2021

I just wanted to let you know that I had to update my credit card info and change something on my account and the people that helped me were kind and very helpful. I like that someone answers the phone and I didn't have to push a bunch of numbers to get to a live person. Both people that I talked to were very sweet and very helpful and informative. I appreciate the peace of mind knowing that my Dad will have someone to talk to if he falls. Thanks to Jessica and I don't remember the name of the first man I talked with, but he was great as well.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

We purchased Bay Alarm system when my mother insisted she wanted to remain in her home. The alarm system worked great for my mother. She had fallen in her home and was stuck between the chair and table. Bay Alarm contacted us immediately and we were able to get to her promptly and help her. They stayed on the line and relayed from us to her on the estimated time for us to arrive. It helped relieve her anxiety knowing someone was on the line with direct communication.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Finally setup system for mother. Setup support was awesome. Then realized I had been charged for 4 months prior to setup. No one mentioned when I purchased and agreed to contract that it needed to be set up right away. Don’t think it’s fair that I was charged and unit was still in box. Billing had no empathy for the fact that an older person could not set it up. All I ask is for where it states that I must set it up within a period of time. Billing was rude and not very understanding. Unacceptable. I hope to see the contract in my email as I ask the billing agent to send. Karl

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I called the call center because my 96 year old neighbor is signed up for your service. The wait time was ridiculously long. I waited over 40 minutes to talk to someone. That is not acceptable. I'd give that 1 star if I could. However, the person who handled our call would have gotten 5 stars. I wish I knew her name. You probably can find out and you should. She was patient, courteous, kind, funny, and gave me an indication she was there for more than just taking care of my needs, she seemed like she actually cared about my neighbor and myself. Please let her know that she is responsible for turning a difficult situation into one of satisfaction. She's a great reflection of your company...NOW...please fix the phone hold situation. Regards, Michael **

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I spoke with John about returning the GPS part of my system. In the process of powering down the GPS, I misunderstood and pushed the base help button which took me to Help. While speaking to the Help person, John called me on my cell phone (landline was tied up) and had me power down properly. He gave me clear and specific instructions for the return and told me to expect an email with a new service agreement to sign.

Original review: April 1, 2021

My sister got my mother the wearable device that can connect her to the operator at the push of a button. My mother never wears device because she complains that it turns on by itself. I did not believe her until I wore the device around my neck: it sent an alert after 2 minutes I wore it and I was only sitting down talking to my mom; it has a motion sensor that supposedly activates the alarm automatically when it detects a fall; however sensor appears too sensitive and any sort of motion appears to set it off. My mother says that medical alarm unit is for bedridden living mummies who hardly move at all...

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Renzo -

Fall detection is best for those who are prone to blacking out, fainting, and are less active. If mom is still active, there is a better option for her and we would be happy to help make that change to her account. Fall detection is known to have a more sensitive device, because of who it's made for which is why we don't recommend it for everyone. It seems to be working fine, but not for your mom's needs. We will have a representative reach out and assist you with the necessary changes so mom can feel more protected without the intrusion of the false alarms.

Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: March 17, 2021

Alert system works as they describe it my issue with them is customer service. A lot of confusion about which item is causing alert system to go off if not done by you. Also when there is an item problem message doesn’t get transferred to correct place and there were alerts sent to everyone on list. Difficult to get through to get a problem like that get taken care of.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

The service Bay Medical provided was great. The few times it was used, the service was very prompt and given in a very kind and calm way. And when we tested the system on occasion, it was always an easy process. The return process was easy and the customer service representatives are very nice, professional, patient, and helpful!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I’m shipping back the base unit and has some questions, so I called - it took a while to get an customer service person, but it was a Monday after the holidays so I waited. My questions were answered in detail, so I’m happy!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Very easy process to order and set up. Every time we did a system check the BAM person was very professional, kind and immediate. The equipment is simple and reliable. Would recommend to anyone! The pendant was easy to use and we ordered a beautiful charm to snap the pendant into and made a nice necklace if you did not know it was a medical necklace!

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Susan - Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is greatly appreciated. We are so happy to hear that our representative was able to assist you and provide you with quality care and kindness. Your recommendation means a lot to us. Thank you again. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything else.

All the best,

Bay Alarm Medical

Find a Medical Alert System partner near you.

Bay Alarm Medical FAQ

How do Bay Alarm Medical alert devices work?
        The Bay Alarm Medical device works reliably and efficiently in three easy steps. First, the user will encounter a problem and press the button on their mobile, in-home, wall-mounted or car emergency device. A trained emergency operator immediately accepts the call, finds your location and identifies what you need. Then, the operator will contact family members, neighbors or a trusted friend to assist you. The operator can also dispatch emergency medical attention if required.
        What is Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time?
        Bay Alarm Medical’s average response time is about 45 seconds, and most calls are answered in less than a minute.
        Does Medicare cover Bay Alarm Medical alert systems?
        No, Medicare doesn’t cover any of the emergency alert devices through Bay Alarm Medical.
        Do I have to sign a contract to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system?
        No, no long-term contracts required to get a Bay Alarm Medical alert system.
        What is Bay Alarm Medical’s cancellation policy?
        Bay Alarm Medical does not charge cancellation fees as long as you return all equipment in its original packaging.
        When is Bay Alarm Medical customer service available?
        Bay Alarm Medical customer service is available by phone Monday–Friday from 6:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., plus Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m., PST.
        Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Bay Alarm Medical monitoring service?
        No, free spouse coverage is included in Bay Alarm Medical’s packages.
        Where are Bay Alarm Medical monitoring centers located?
        All operators answering emergency calls are based in the United States. Centers are in California, Idaho and Utah.
        Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
        Yes, Bay Alarm Medical base and mobile alert systems are protected by a warranty as long as the defect or problem occurred because of normal wear and not due to abuse, misuse or neglect. If your Bay Alarm Medical device wears out or is defective, the device will be replaced at no cost to you.
        Does Bay Alarm Medical offer a free trial period?
        Yes, you can use the Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days risk-free — if you decide you don’t like the device at the end of the trial period, return it for a full refund.
        Does Bay Alarm Medical require a landline?
        Bay Alarm Medical devices don’t require a landline, though Bay Alarm Medical has systems that are compatible with a landline if you already have one. If you don’t, you can use the in-home cellular service or the GPS model.
        Are Bay Alarm Medical mobile medical alert systems waterproof?
        Bay Alarm Medical equipment is waterproof and can safely be worn in the shower or while taking a bath. Wall alert systems are also protected against steam and water.
        How much does Bay Alarm Medical cost per month?
        Cost of Bay Alarm Medical per month begins at $19.95 and increases according to plan level. Bay Alarm Medical monthly costs depend on the device and the service selected.

Do we recommend Bay Alarm Medical?

Yes. With 24/7 monitoring service and GPS-enabled devices, optional fall detection and additional protection plans, Bay Alarm Medical offers emergency response systems to suit many lifestyles and budgets. Bay Alarm Medical alert reviews indicate exceptional customer service and easy installation. Plus, you can try a Bay Alarm Medical device for 30 days to see if its a good fit without any risk.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information