Samsung Refrigerator

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Whatever you DO NOT buy Samsuck appliances. I am on my 5th ice maker and second control board and no ice. Customer service makes Comcast look like the Catholic church, they are a joke. All they do is apologize and say they have the same refrigerator with no problems. Yeah right. If you are in the need for appliances run as far from Samsuck as you can.

June of 2014 we purchased a Samsung refrigerator model# RS261MDRS/XAA. As soon as it was delivered and installed we left for vacation for 3 months. When we returned, a corrosive stain was on the water dispenser that cannot be removed. We did not even hook up water supply so it was not caused by water. Contacted Samsung, they sent out a service tech to look at the issue. Samsung concluded it was a COSMETIC ISSUE. As of now after many calls to Samsung they stick to their conclusion. So I have a brand new damaged refrigerator caused by a defect in manufacturing. This substance is like a acid that came from above and ate the plastic insert. There is no way in this world that this issue was caused by the consumer. Where I stand now is if I call service on this issue it would be at my expense. Hands are tied on a cosmetic issue. SAMSUNG, you need to listen to the consumer instead of text book notes.

I have a 9 year old two door fridge, which when working is a great design. I find it hard to get a repair person to resolve a long-term noise in the fan. I now resort to using my hair-dryer blowing into the vents and this seems to 'de-ice' the fan and hence the noise abates for a few months. Also sometimes the water dispenser decides not to dispense water... ugh! I am frustrated but these items cost a bomb, so I haven't replaced it yet.

The refrigerator is just over 2 years old and it's falling apart. 3 panels are broken off and now the bottom ice maker is broken as well. This appliance was $2500 and is junk. It should last at least 10 years. My last GE profile lasted 16 years and not one thing broke on it during that time. They sure don't make things like they used to. I tried calling Samsung and was told "there is nothing they can do for me because it's past the 1 year warranty". A 1 year warranty for an appliance that should last at least 10 years is a joke and shows they really don't stand behind their quality nor do they value keeping customers. I will not buy Samsung appliances anymore. I'll stick with Kenmore or LG or GE or KitchenAid. Stay away from this Manufacturer.

We bought all new Stainless Samsung Appliances for our kitchen in early 2012. The refrigerator vegetable drawers both fill with water. Have to drain about once a week. The bottom freezer drawer builds ice under it so you have to chip ice about every 2 months to get the drawer to close.

The water problem is a very easy fix..... buy an external water filter and plum it in in line either behind the unit or where the unit gets its supply of water. TAAADAAA remove the filter and it will now be in bypass, but the water is filtered before it gets to the fridge...... ONE other GREAT feature, the filters are 10 to 20 dollars as apposed to $70.00++ for each Samsung replacement filter. The filter assy (first filter is included) and reducer hardware to install is still less than the Samsung replacement filter. Just remember to buy the charcoal filter for taste and sediment. AS for the rest of the unit it is as already stated...... junk and service is an empty promise. After all they got your money..... so go away.

We contacted Samsung customer service about our new Samsung fridge model# RF4287HARS that cost $2100. After only 6 months of use, two right hand door shelves have cracked and broke. They refused to replace them and we had to pay over $100. The fridge is poorly designed if the shelves only last that long. It looks pretty but don't waste your money on them. Choose another manufacturer for your appliance needs. Not Samsung!

In August 16, we bought a Samsung French Door, Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Model RF260BEAESR/AA from Sears. After only 6 weeks, the refrigerator broke down. We contact Samsung for a warranty repair, but it took them 2 trips and 10 days before the unit was working again. During that time, we lost a great deal of food (and it would have been more if not for my wife's planning and ingenuity). For the 10 days that we had no refrigerator, we lived out of coolers filled with ice. When Samsung contacted us to send our expenses that they would cover under the warranty, they initially said that they would pay only $200. Then they said they could cover the full $227.10, or up to $250 due to our inconvenience. Then, they called up and said that they would only cover $160. They said that they wouldn't cover the $60 in ice that kept our food safe for 10 days, because "ice is just water and we don't cover water." Unbelievable!

Had the fridge about two years. Water gathers in crisper bend. Called Samsung and got same answer as everyone else "I am sorry to hear blah, blah, blah call for Samsung Service Repair". Paid over $1800. And should NOT have to call Samsung Service Repair. Fridge should have been a recall since Samsung can't seem to manufacture a working fridge. Will never purchase another Samsung Fridge!!!!

We have owned our $2000 refrigerator for just about 2 years when the motherboard and the inverter broke down. Everything in the refrigerator had to be thrown away, including the $150 of groceries we just purchased! We have been without a refrigerator for over 2 months because getting it serviced and fixed takes very long. Ordering the part alone is a feat in itself. The part would not be received by Samsung until November 6 making it even longer to be fixed. They would receive it then send it to the parts company here on Oahu. Well, being that we have a party on October 31st, my husband ordered the $111.00 inverter on his own and paid extra to have the part rushed over. We will receive the inverter on Tuesday, 10/21 and the maintenance person will come on Wednesday to fix our refrigerator. We owned a GE for 11 years with absolutely no problem prior to buying this one. Obviously we made the worst decision to buy what we thought was the top of the line! Jokes on us! We will never again buy Samsung again! Crossing my fingers that it gets fixed.

Purchased bottom freezer refrigerator model RF260BEA and 15 months later the freezer stopped working. The service dept set an appt. for me 10 days later. Since it is 3 months out of warranty they will charge $95. When I asked who would be responsible for the $500 of food that will be spoiled in 10 days, they said it was my problem! I have owned 5 refrigerators and never had any problems with them in over 15 years! Tried to complain directly to the company thru computer but no type of communications was available. Very disappointed with the quality of their product and will never buy a Samsung product again. Their service contacts were not at all interested in my problem and their factory service dept response time is not available in a timely manner!

We recently purchased a Samsung side-by-side refrigerator (Model#RS22HDHPNSR/AA) back in June from hhgregg. According to the date on the inside panel the refrigerator was built sometime in January 2014. We purchased the unit June 2014 and it’s barely six months later and the refrigerator stopped working! That refrigerator wasn’t cheap in price but obviously that wasn’t the case when it came to its assembly.

The refrigerator died on us this past Saturday, October 11, 2014 and I put in a repair request online Sunday via the Samsung website. As I had put all the details required to get the process moving, imagine my surprise when those same details were requested yet again when someone finally got around to calling. So once again I sent the information via the website and my personal email. After sending the information again I was under the impression that a repair person would be sent out ASAP to remedy the malfunctioning refrigerator problem but I was wrong. A repair person didn't show up until Thursday October 16, 2014, five days later. Let me reiterate - five days have passed with us being without a working refrigerator.

The repairman arrived before 12pm. He proceeded to inform my mother that he was told that if the refrigerator could be repaired he would repair it. He told us that it would take two to four hours to fix the problem. He checked various aspects of the refrigerator and spoke with someone that I assume was a representative of the Samsung company via his company phone and shortly thereafter around 1:15pm, he went outside. We assumed he went to his truck to retrieve the necessary materials or tools to fix the problem and we haven’t seen the repairman since!!! So, not only have we been without a working refrigerator six days but to add insult to injury the person that the company sent out to repair the malfunctioning unit has left us in a lurch without so much as a word!

My mother has been on the phone with numerous company reps since Monday and we have yet to have this situation resolved. The last person she spoke with today (10-17-14) said someone would be out Monday. I won't believe it until I see it. I am quite disgusted with Samsung and personally will NEVER purchase product they create.

We bought our Samsung refrigerator in 2011, and it will be our last as well as any other Samsung product. Door handle broke in the first week, then the ice maker (twice) and I have to dump an inch of water out from under & inside the veggie bins every other week. So far I have spent as much on repairs as I did to purchase. We strongly recommend a 'do not buy'.

The problem with water in the drawers and on floor of refrigerator section is quite common. The drain tube gets iced up. You need to replace the evaporator cover in the refrigerator section. You also need to add a drain probe to carry heat from the defrost heater into the drain tube. Before you can remove the cover, you must defrost ref for 24 hours with doors open, unplugged. To remove rear cover in ref section remove 2 screws along bottom edge and then remove plug in center near top and remove screw under it. Start prying from each side from the bottom. Release 2 plugs at top left. Make sure drain hole in tray under evaporator is clear of ice by pouring hot water down it. Install new probe and install new cover. I think that if you go to searsparts.com and enter your model number you should be able find the correct parts.

I too have a Samsung refrigerator Model RF217ACWP French door, bottom freezer that drips water under the vegetable bins. Bought it in July 2012 and had the problem the first time just before the warranty expired. The repairman said that it is a common problem with this model. It was fixed under warranty but now a year later it does the same thing. I'm sure it will cost a few hundred dollars to fix again but why should I put money every year into it. I too will never buy another Samsung product. Our 50" plasma TV started having problems 2 years after we bought it with no help from Samsung. They said that is why they encourage people to buy the extended warranty.

RFG298AARS - This sexy-looking refrigerator has major inherent design flaws, and we have had nothing but problems with it. The first unit purchased from Lowe's in mid 2008 (with the extended warranty) lasted less than a year. The ice maker stopped working and when the repairman pulled the unit out, the entire new Brazilian teak hardwood flooring underneath was warped and wet from 'an internal slow leak that was probably missed as it came off the assembly line.' Lowe's brought a brand new 2009 unit, hauled the faulty one away and provided a credit to fix the flooring.

Fast forward to Sept. 2014 (one month out of warranty)... Fridge/freezer stop cooling altogether with no error codes. I caught it just in time to keep everything inside from spoiling completely. To fix the sealed compressor system will be $1000. The external ice/water dispenser is also showing major signs of corrosion (leaking from the inside out), even though this is supposed to be 100% stainless steel... Nothing we have tried will clean it.

At this point we have transitioned back to our faux stainless steel 10+ year old side by side in the garage. The Energy Star, digital inverter compressor technology is nothing but headache and money wasted for the end consumer. This unit was produced to be super insulated with one of the largest capacities available. It is now a $2800 decoration, and like most people, I expect an appliance with that price tag to last much longer than 5 years.

The issues I have listed echo numerous complaints all over internet forums. We have spent over $10,000 on Samsung products in the past 10 years, but with this incident we no longer have any confidence in their products. In other words, give me old skool. I could have purchased 5 of my mother's fridges for the amount I spent on this piece of junk... and hers is 20 years old.

We have had nothing but problems with this $3000.00 fridge! We have ice freezing in the bottom crisper and it needs defrosting every 4 to 5 months or it pours water onto our kitchen floors!! The local repairman says that this is a common problem and that these models are a nightmare!!! Now this week I replaced the water filter and now no water will flow from the dispenser. Samsung told me to get another filter which I tried 3 different times and none of them work. When the filter is removed we get water flow but not with the filter inserted?

Our Samsung refrigerator RFG298HDRS stopped dispensing water. At first I could remove the 4 month old filter and put it back in and the dispenser worked for 2 weeks. Every 2 weeks I would do this. Finally I replaced the filter and it would not give us any water at all. I was using Samsung filters Model DA29-00020B. Samsung tech the first time had me checking the 2 ice makers that would not work. They told me I had knock off filters from Amazon. Then I took the filter out and tried the water everything began to work. Ice makers ran and water dispensed. Called Tech support again. The guy told me that this was the first thing they should have had me try. Since that works it's a bad filter. Well.

I have now purchased 7 filters spent over $200 and still NOTHING works. I have noticed that Samsung has changed the filter a little too. Different label, Smaller center hole than the original for water to enter the filter however even the larger hole filters which I still had did not work.... Also the literature in the new filters boxes is not accurate. It states to put the replacement label date on the installed filter which there are NO longer any labels supplied and it also states to remove the BLUE cap... The cap is white. Even after buying the filters at Lowes they do not work. Samsung swears to me the fridge is ok since it works without the filter.... I have a tech coming out in 2 weeks the soonest they could arrive. But the techs tell me Samsung does not provide support for them in trouble shooting either.

Samsung needs to change the way they do business! As much as they charge for these refrigerators, this is consumer robbery. My fridge is only 3 years old.

I purchased our Samsung French door refrigerator on 10/1/2011 through Lowe's. At that time I also purchased their extended warranty; however, it expired on 10/1/2014, just 5 days short of the failure of our refrigerator. Lowe's Service was very kind and immediately transferred me to Samsung, as they told me the sealed system would be covered by the manufacturer for 5 years. The representative at Samsung (after speaking and being transferred to a few different people) told me they would have a Samsung technician contact me within 24-48 hours. This was on 10/10/2014. I did not receive a phone call during this period; however, I did receive an email today, 10/14/2014. The email stated that they do not have a technician in my area, and wanted me to contact them via the supplied number to find a way to accommodate me.

I was assigned a new reference number and transferred to multiple people until finally getting to speak to someone in the Executive Customer Relations Department. This person told me that Samsung couldn't repair my refrigerator due to my location, but that they could offer a pro rated buy back of it. I was told to email a copy of my original receipt to an email address they supplied me. I was told to write my name, phone number, and the most recently assigned transaction number on the receipt before emailing it to them. They told me that I would get a response within 2 business days of sending the receipt, but that I should call them if I do not get a response. The buy back is supposedly pro rated at 10% per year of ownership.

Within days of buying this $2000 refrigerator, the paint started chipping. Having worked in metal painting, it obviously was a case of not cleaning the metal properly and the paint would not stick, this is especially on the edges and top of the door. This very simply is a defective manufacturing problem. Called Sears who said it was a Samsung problem, called Samsung who said it was a Sears problem. After about two hours on the telephone and ten calls, Sears sent me a check for $100.00 to get rid of me. I am happy to confirm that both Sears and Samsung have gotten rid of me. FOREVER!!!

The ice maker made on the door does not function well, it freezes up. I am on the way to buy old fashioned ice cube trays. It's a great concept to save freezer space but isn't working.

In May 2009, we bought a Samsung French Door, Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Model RF267ABRS from Lowe's in Vista, CA. After 9 months, the refrigerator formed ice on the back of the Refrigerator and under the Deli drawer. Fortunately, we had bought the extended warranty from Lowe's, which has come in very handy over the past 5 years. When the repairman came out the 1st time, he could do nothing until we completely defrosted the refrigerator/freezer. They sent out another repairman 3 days later who took the entire back off the refrigerator and told us the problem was that the drainage tube in the back is too small and freezes up. He told us this is a common problem with Samsung refrigerators. He suggested we DEFROST the FROST FREE refrigerator every 6-9 months!!!! HELLO!!!! That is not what I purchased.

I contacted Samsung Customer Service and was told they had NEVER had this problem in the past. I was asked if I using the appliance as directed in the manual!!! They refused to acknowledge there was or had been a problem of this sort in the past with any of their refrigerators. I then went online and read the MANY complaints for the same problem with many of the different Samsung Refrigerators. After speaking with a Supervisor again, I was told they were unaware of any complaints. I directed him to the online Samsung complaints and was told they never read them!!! So, here I sit on a Sunday afternoon, emptying my LEMON of a refrigerator again. This has become a ritual every 6-9 months to prevent it from causing damage to my kitchen wood floors.

The Samsung Supervisor also told me they weren't responsible for any damage to my floor, cabinets or other fixtures if the refrigerator malfunctions as I have a preventable solution (DEFROSTING EVERY 6-9 MONTHS). I will never buy ANY Samsung product again. I have had several friends in the market for a new fridge and I give total negative feedback for Samsung every chance I get. NOW that is customer service!!!!! their Customer Service is some of the poorest I have come across in recent years.

The refrigerator is not cooling and is reading 55 degrees. We have ice forming on the back wall of the fridge plus it looks like it is swelling. Now there looks to be mold on the rubber seal. We have called them and they came out & said it would cost 300.00 to fix... This fridge is only 2 yrs old & @ 1800.00, they should cover it. There are only the 2 of us using this thing. If a family of 4 would have bought it - would have only lasted a yr. Very, very bad product!!!

I am having the same problem as Kimberly from California reviewed back in September on the water filter replacement cartridge DA29-00003G for the SAMSUNG French Door Refrigerator. No matter how hard I try to twist the filter, it will not seat into the receptacle even though it is the correct filter listed in my owners manual. The previous filter is an off brand made by HDX as a replacement for Samsung and it worked fine. The only difference between the two is the locking mechanism on the neck as Kimberly illustrated in her pics and I have attached my own pic as well. I have used SAMSUNG replacement filters before and this is the first time experiencing this problem. This engineering problem needs to be remedied immediately before someone ends up breaking their refrigerator and paying hundreds of dollars in replacement parts or even having to buy a new refrigerator! In the meantime I will return my filter to the store and spend my money on the other brand's filter. This is a very poor oversight on SAMSUNG's part!

I purchased a Samsung French Door refrigerator in July 2012. It is now October 2014 and it has started pooling water in the vegetable drawer. When I googled this it seems to be a very common problem with Samsung. I am single so the fridge is not over stuffed or over accessed in any way so for it to fail like this in 2.25 years is pretty disappointing. Naturally it is out of warranty but it doesn't sound like Samsung has rectified the problem for anyone who does have an extended warranty. I see there are some fixes on YouTube so there is a solution but when a product fails so horribly, it should be up to the company to fix their flawed design. Don't know who is actually going to fix this but it sounds like it isn't worth going thru Samsung to get it handled. Seems to me they are ripe for a class action. It sounds like this applies to nearly every french door fridge they make right around the 2 year mark.

We purchased our Samsung fridge a little over a year ago and about 6 months into having it I lifted the little tray where the water and ice are located and found that it had rusted! The rust has continually grown out onto the fridge door causing the paint to chip off and leave sharp metal for my children to injure themselves. I have contacted Samsung and because this is a "Cosmetic" defect they will not do anything to fix it. It is beyond frustrating that you pay a large amount of money for something and it is not up to the standards that it is advertised. I have always purchased Samsung products but I will say this was our last. They have lost a Samsung customer for life.

RF217ACRS - Bought fridge in June 2010. Freezer stopped working in June 2014. It was still under 5-year Sealed Refrigeration System Warranty, so I went through a Samsung referred repair company. Our first visit was on 6/27. After our 10th repair visit on Sept 12, 2014, all of which entailed numerous attempts and were coordinated with Samsung Technical Support via telephone, our fridge was deemed unrepairable. (I have invoices and notes documenting each visit.) After 6 different Samsung "repair ticket" numbers obtained while working with Samsung "Executive Customer Service" to get Warranty compensation, I was exhausted. When I called them, I was on hold from 17:8 to 47:12 minutes each time and told something different every time.

At one point I was talking to an individual in CA (address was residential via phone # look-up). They broke me down when they told me that our repairman should have gotten a 7000# from the Samsung Tech at the time the system was deemed unrepairable. We went entire summer without a working freezer. We would have dumped the refrigerator earlier had we known warranty was not going to come through. I could go on, but I think readers have the idea and the point(s) I am making about Samsung Refrigerators and their "Executive" Customer Service.

Purchased a new Samsung refrigerator about 2 years ago and now the glass shelf that holds the crisper drawers is broken on the corner and the rail that the crisper drawer runs on is broken where the screw hole is broken where a worker had screwed it in too tight. The rubber gaskets are coming apart as well....This refrigerator cost was over $2000.00. Called customer service and they said TOO BAD out of warranty ....Model # RF267AEBP. Someone needs to get a class action lawsuit going on this and let all of us know...

Bought the $1800 refrigerator in May. I stopped working in June. After hours of being on hold, it was repaired, but has been nothing but frustration since. It has had 3 ice makers replaced and now it has stopped working again. I have made 13 calls, each averaging being on hold 45 minutes and taken off work six (6) times, (after waiting two weeks) to meet repairmen. They "can not find" all the service records. They end by promising to call me back, but have NEVER called. All I want is no more high blood pressure and frustration... Just a working refrigerator!!!!

I purchase 4 Samsung products -- fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher -- less than six months. My microwave was first, problem fixed; dishwasher the circuit board went out, Store Liquidators replaced it. Now my refrigerator start smelling of something burning. Contacted Store Liquidators for their repair person, no one called me back. They stated all merchandise were scratch and dent. That was not true.

Samsung Company Profile