Samsung does NOT participate to monitor feedback on ConsumerAffairs and resolve your issues. Are you this business? Learn about ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

Samsung Refrigerator

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Purchased this RF267AERS fridge in 2012 and the nightmare began almost right away. The fridge was making a loud noise that would stop once the doors were opened. Called for support but since the fridge was out of warranty by 6 months, they would do nothing! This was an expensive model and is a piece of crap. Apparently plenty of people have the same problem with this model. The back wall freezes up and the fan blade hits the ice so if you do not unplug and melt the ice, you risk ruining the cooling fans. What a pain in the neck trying to store food and spending all that time to have the fridge freeze right back up every six months. This month, I have already defrosted it twice and it looks like I am going to have to do it again. All they say is there is no recall. THERE SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!! No other help or advice is given. I was a loyal Samsung consumer but will never purchase another Samsung product, EVER!

Samsung Refrigerator model #RF217ACPN/XAA - do not let the beauty or bells and whistles of ANY Samsung sway you into buying. We bought our Samsung 3 years ago and were thrilled when it was delivered and installed. Sadly those emotions didn't last long. The first sign of trouble was lettuce/salad fixings freezing. Made sure it was not human error (temperature), this problem continued. Next came the ice maker refusing to make ice. After multiple, long-lasting, irritating contacts to the Samsung support tech no fix to my problems occurred. Water, then ice began to accumulate in the crisper drawers. A little in the beginning, then half-full and freezing solid anything in drawer.

Repairman contacted for the ice maker. First one stated that there was no way he would attempt to work on a Samsung. Next one sighed and said he would try but that Samsung offers no tech support and parts stay on back order for a very long time. After checking out ice maker, said he could fix it with a $64.00 (wholesale) cost part IF he could locate it. Ice maker part located, repairman returned, so we inquired about water/ice in crisper. Blue light flashing on the top control as you open refrigerator-- uh oh. He took panels off, removed drain tab, unthawed ice, checked top control board, checked main panel, checked all of the fans. Main control panels were not turning the fan. Surmised that the control panel was not functioning.

Even though this is not a financially good time for us, we went shopping today to check on a new refrigerator. Three stores and all salesman acknowledged that they understood why we would NOT look at a Samsung. One store told us that the models on the floor were the end of what Samsungs they would be selling because of not being able service them because it is too difficult to get the parts as they are always on back order. Salesman stated that there were a lot of service calls made on this brand. Wish I had known then what I know now about this brand of refrigerator.

Model RF217ACBP/XAA - The refrigerator began leaking water into the vegetable bins when the refrigerator was less than 3 years old. Frost is melted and drips into a trough and then is supposed to run down a tube to be evaporated. Unfortunately, the water in the trough began to freeze and eventually began draining into the vegetable drawers. I spent four hours defrosting the refrigerator but after two weeks, water began to drain into the vegetable drawer again.

I called Samsung and was told that for nearly $400 I could buy coverage for repairs that would be good for one year. That would be on top of the $1421 I paid for the unit less than 3 years ago. I declined. Now we have to avoid using the vegetable bins or purchase racks so food will remain above the water until we can afford to purchase a new refrigerator. I am retired and my wife works less than 40 hours per week. In the past few weeks the paint began to come off of the two door handles. Now the refrigerator doesn't look very new or nice.

Our Samsung side-by-side with bottom freezer has stopped working for the second time in two years. The first failure was the freezer fan, repaired under warranty. After second year, same problem - noisy fan and temperature not holding. Same repairman said the motherboards go out, and he can't get a new OEM board from Samsung - they are back ordered until 2015! We bought one from Sears, refurbished, and it doesn't work. Repair company says nothing they can do. My 15-year-old "garage" fridge is now back in business. It is amazing to me that a world-wide branded company like Samsung would allow this to happen. Here is my response: I won't buy any other Samsung products. I need a new smartphone - Samsung? No way.

Bought at Lowe's 3 yrs ago to date. 1st it started to leak on frig side. 3 weeks later started to make noise like ice breaking. Another 3 weeks and frig no longer cools. It's like the parts have a timer chip to break when warranty is up.. on purpose mind you. Don't buy a Samsung frig plain and simple; out 1400 bucks vs 500 for others.

Samsung French Door with freezer on the bottom. Right away after purchase, the crisper drawers kept filling with 2 inches of water. I have adjusted the temp but that hasn't helped. It improved when we were in Florida for 2 months & the door was kept closed. The sound of the ice maker is very loud, but I will tolerate that if I can fix the crisper problem.

RFG 238 Samsung Refrigerator AARS 3 years old - The back panel froze causing refrigerator to no longer keep food cold... Called Samsung, of course the warranty just expired and they wanted me to buy a new one... I refused... They gave me a service order number and the phone number for the repair company servicing our location... He could not come out for 3 weeks just to check it and see what the problem was... When I told him I would find someone else, he sounded relieved... I did find another company to come out which took 2 trips because the back is so fragile you have to get all the ice melted before they can work on it... They replaced the evaporation fan motor... Now 2 months later the control panel is going to have to be replaced along with another new fan motor...

Samsung RF217ACPN leaking issue - Purchased the French door refrigerator in August 2010. It started to leak water inside and bottom of the drawers after about 18 months. We just put a sponge down those areas, and clean the water when it very wet. Then we took all food out and leave all doors opened for a couple days in the summer. Less than 2 weeks, the water drop again and even worse. We then repeat the above procedure and left it dry for 3 days this time in the summer. Nothing was changed. We decided to open the cover locate above the drawers. Then we find out that it seems has been opened and repaired before we purchased it! There is big hole at side of bottom of the foam that have tape to cover it. The metal panel has separated with the foam that used duct tape to connect them. The soft stick tape was broken and covered only 3/4 of the bottom...

We just bought this refrigerator in December 2013 and in July (only 7 months later) the refrigerator side stopped cooling. I called customer service on July 26th. They gave suggestions over the phone and told me to wait 24 hrs to see if it worked. It didn't. I was then given a different number to schedule the repair. I waited a week for parts and a tech to come. We went on vacation and came back and found out that the problem was not resolved. I called customer service again on Aug 6th and a "resolution specialist" contacted the tech and they told me they will contact me the next day to schedule a repair. Aug 9th, no phone call from them. Once again, I called them and now they advise to start the whole process of ordering parts and scheduling the tech to come in who knows when. What a sour experience this has been.

I purchase a double door refrigerator model digital inverter with 10 years warranty on 16-09-2013 but before 3 months (after purchasing approx 6 month) I noticed the fruit tray was cracked. I complaint to customer care but customer care representative said "our company has not covered plastic part under warranty." He demanded rs. 2000/- to replace the tray. After some time I like a hairline crack in the plastic at the front of the tray above the vegetable and fruit drawers. Sir, I don't understand what is the problem in this fridge. I think this fault is from the company... Pls check your product. Before one year your plastic part was cracked automatically... but your staff said "this is not covered by us..." Pls tell me what I do... what is my fault? (purchasing your great company Refrigerator) Pls solve my matter.

We purchased a French door refrigerator with the top and bottom ice makers. After a year or so, we noticed a lot of frost build up in the freezer and the drawer was increasingly difficult to open. Shortly after that, large chunks of flat ice began falling on the floor. After a little investigation, it was discovered ice was building up on the bottom of the freezer door and continues to be a problem. We have to defrost every 2 months or so.

How hard could it be to get a repairman for a refrigerator bought less than two days earlier. Ice maker would leak even with water shut off and ice maker turned off. Pacific Sales had said they had not had a proper working refrigerator of Samsung in three months. Is there a recall for their refrigerators?

After 3 years, Samsung French Door Refrigerator freezing food on all shelves - started in the produce bins. There is ice forming under the produce bins. Few repair companies service Samsung. Buyer Beware.

Purchased fridge in 2011. Ice maker drops ice after button is no longer pushed, ice falls in floor. Ice maker freezes up and has to be cleared out weekly. Fridge side has stopped cooling. Terrible purchase, regretted since day one when the ice and water would not work and door was replaced. Would not let me leave 0 stars.

Purchased RS261MDWP fridge from Home Depot June 24th, 2013. I noticed rust forming at lower edge of ice/water dispenser. I did not call and make complaint before warranty expired (missed by two weeks). As it turns out, it makes no difference because the rust is considered cosmetic and is not covered under warranty. I had a Samsung certified serviceman come take a look at it for repair. New door and installation would total over $500. I declined and paid the serviceman the $80 for trip charge.

There is an inherent design flaw in the construction of the door. I own numerous rental homes, one of which is an ocean front weekly rental. My appliances of choice are Whirlpool. I have had no rust problems with that fridge and it is less than 200 feet from the ocean! The Samsung fridge is greatly compromised by the rust. It is very obvious and I will be replacing a 1-year-old fridge that will end up in a garage.

RF217ACRS Samsung Fridge French Door - PLEASE do not ever buy a Samsung fridge. It has been the fridge from hell. The crispers fill up with water, the technician supposedly repairs, the crispers fill up again shortly after. Have to drain off water on a daily basis. On a Thur, I walk into the house and thought my son was using power tools in the house. Turns out it was my fridge. Called Samsung, told them they had better send tech before it stops completely, no response whatsoever. They tell me they will respond by email within 48 hrs. NOTHING!

I leave for long weekend, fridge dies, I have lost everything. Bar fridge in dining room. Nice. Fridge just 2 years old. Also bought Samsung washer and dryer. Right after purchase, door not closing on washer. Tech came out, fixed it and told me it would probably happen again. Will NEVER buy Samsung again. Have advised all family and friends the same.

We purchased a Samsung RF G298HD in 2011, which has run quite well. We have not had an issue with either ice maker. The large drawer needed to be replaced under warranty due to not opening easily. Our issue with this unit is all the plastic trim work is either cracking or just falling off. With a purchase price of over $2300, I would expect better quality. The end caps to the handles are plastic and fall off regularly. One on the shelves in the side door is cracking. I would expect more out of a company for the price that we paid for this inferior product.

Samsung RS267TDPN - Do your research before considering this model! I have owned mine barely 3 yrs and have had major problems with the freezer side two times. In both cases, the freezer side seized to cool properly. In this last round, the temperature was 25-40 degrees (f) and would not get any cooler which meant the ice maker also stopped working. The first problem was repaired while under warranty.

For my current problem, I am now having to pay out of pocket to replace the evap temp sensor and the Heater sheath assembly due to burnt wires. These are part of the EVAP assembly and are located in the lower freezer section and behind a plastic panel thus I assume it to be a defect with the unit and not something that could have been caused by user neglect. I also owned a Samsung over-the-range microwave oven which failed prematurely therefore I now question the quality of Samsung kitchen appliances.

I bought 4 appliance from Samsung. 2 years later my refrigerator was leaking - antifreeze they said it ran out. I said I got the extra warranty. They said I'm out of luck. They couldn't find it on the computer and the other day the handle came flying off the microwave - same company. Thinking of contacting a lawyer to get my money back. It should lasted longer - for all appliance - it cost 7000 dollars. I'm on a fixed income. I'll never buy Samsung product again.

We have the same problems as so many others! Water/ice under crisper drawers. Warranty has expired - OF COURSE. Unfortunately, we bought all new household appliances in 2012. EVERY SINGLE APPLIANCE has had problems, the fridge is only the latest. The washer....spitting water out from the dispenser tray and the drum seal leaking as well. Stove, fan, element, dishwasher quit working completely and had to be replaced and now the refrigerator. The only one covered by warranty was the dishwasher. I swear, they have timers in these things setting them to fail.

I bought Samsung 3 door fridge with a bottom freezer (Model RF217ACPN) from Home Depot in Jan 21, 2014 (delivered/installed) with Home depot Warranty/protection plan of 3 years paying extra money. In June first week, realized my produce bins have been accumulating water and freezer not working properly. Frozen foods were melting and water accumulation everywhere.

On June 19, 2014, We called Home depot - they said it is still under 1 year mfg warranty so we have to contact Samsung. Called SAMSUNG (#1800-726-7864) and complaint about the problem. They arranged the service technician (from Service Quick# 1-888-787-8425 who does servicing for Samsung). By the time appointment was scheduled, refrigerator started making big noises. July 02 - Technician checked for error code (cooling fan & defrost error) & fixed the problem - changed PCB as it was not sending the voltage, cleaned the condenser, cleared frozen area with steamer.

It was running well but, AGAIN on July 27 (not even a month) the problem started with the cooling area, water accumulating in bin area. We thought might be temp issue so try to troubleshoot but not worth it. Called Samsung/Service quick on JULY 29 to complaint. Appointment is made for tomorrow August 4 and the problem is already added - my whole freezer is not working. No ice making. I am working on my replacement/ RETURN with SAMSUNG/ Home Depot. I recommend do not buy SAMSUNG HOME PRODUCT. They are only good with cellphone and TV (which is working fine, the one I have).

We have an RF 197 Samsung purchased in 2011 and have already had to defrost it twice. There is constantly ice under the crisper drawers and under the freezer drawer as well. I would be interested in a class action suit if there is one.

Samsung rfg298aars xaa ice makers - The top ice maker and ice bucket have been faulty from day 1. Did not crush ice very well and spit out chunks of Styrofoam and plastic. They replaced ice maker but not ice bucket. Still did the same thing. Then the bottom ice maker went out. Now I have no ice makers. Fridge is about 4 years old and the ice makers have never worked properly. Samsung has given me the run- around this whole time. This unit cost over $2600.00. Will never buy another one.

Fan noises. Less than year old ice maker quit dispensing and sometime it will just quit making ice. Period. Even when ice is selected, the electronics in this thing are a joke.

I brought a Samsung side-by-side refrigerator from Lowe's in NY and my evaporator fan start making a noise, then stopped working. It took 2 weeks before a Dial Appliance technician came to repair it. It is still not cooling properly and I cannot hear the fan working. When I called them, they say this is normal. Do they think that I am stupid? How could the unit not work the way it was when I bought it and they say it is normal. Calls to both Dial Appliance (718-368-1512) and Lowe's (516-837-4057) say they will call me back but never do. What is Samsung doing about this? If they cannot make it work like before, they should replace it asap.

After 3 years, the Ice machine flapper broke displacing water all over my wooden floor. I called several places for repair and they all did the same thing when I said I had a Samsung, that was to list off many, many things that go wrong with it. It will cost me over $500 to fix a 3 year old refrigerator. I don't want to spend that much money, when I could have a new fridge for $1500.

I called Samsung, not to get anything for free but just to ask if they would give me a discount to buy to fridge. Anything to show customer service on a 3 year old fridge. They basically said they wouldn't, they didn't care if I badmouth them, didn't care if I took to social media. They plain didn't give a **. I'll do my best to get the word out there. I will never buy another Samsung product ever again. Buyer beware.

We purchased our Samsung RF 4287HARS in 2011 and began using it in 2012. The ice dispenser has stopped working because of a broken plastic switch inside the dispenser module. The ice maker is producing ice but it cannot be dispensed from the dispenser. Based on a little investigating we have found this is not an uncommon problem. We contacted Samsung on several occasions to correct this apparent product defect. Trying to get someone on the telephone has been challenging and extremely time consuming.

At this point, we have not received a favorable response. It appears that the product (see attached picture) is defective and poorly designed but Samsung is not responding to our requests for assistance. We remain hopeful that Samsung will agree to correct this apparent design flaw and show us that they are willing to stand behind their highly taunted refrigerator.

I have a three-year-old Samsung side-by-side fridge that cost me $1000. Suddenly last month, it started to make a noise like a motorboat. I didn't think that a fridge less than 3 years old should be having issues, as I have had many refrigerators that lasted me 15 years or more with no repairs needed. None were Samsung. Well, I called Samsung and they were not willing to do anything for me. I had to call and ask for a supervisor who was not willing to make any concessions. Finally, after telling me multiple times that the fridge is out of warranty, she says she will pay for the parts but I had to pay for the installation myself.

I am on a fixed budget and the repairman, theirs, wanted $250.00 to do the job. My son can do it for me for free - all we needed was the part. So I asked them to send me the parts then for free as they offered, but she said no, I HAD to use their service people or it would void the warranty. What warranty? Didn't you just tell me 5 times that I was out of warranty? She said it would void the warranty. This is a runaround and I am looking to find out if anyone else is having this problem with their fridge. The evaporation coil freezes up on the fridge side, and I was told I needed a Temperature Defrost sensor. I found one locally and am going to install it myself, but I had to make twenty phone calls in order to find one. The part costs $11!! Rip off company, lousy products and poor customer service. Don't ever buy a Samsung fridge!

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator in 2006 and after 2 years it stopped working. It was under warranty and repaired. The repairman replaced the motherboard. It happened again 2014. I Will never buy another Samsung product. I had a Whirlpool it lasted 20 years. I am buying another one.

I could have written all of the complaints about an inch of water under and in the crispers. When I first noticed it, I broke an unbreakable knife trying to lift the three inches of ice that had formed. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy another Samsung product, and I tell everyone I know not to touch their products. My S4 had to be replaced. The TV was fixed twice. (These purchases before the Cursed Refrigerator.) How they are still in business I have no idea. If I THOUGHT there was an honest repairman around, I'll spring for the money to fix this ENORMOUS problem. But I don't. I think I will put it on the curb and use an ice cooler. Less aggravation.

Samsung Company Profile