1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Samsung Refrigerator

Samsung does NOT participate to monitor feedback on ConsumerAffairs and resolve your issues. Are you this business? Learn about ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Samsung SR2545 refrigerator - In the last two months, we are getting pieces of ripped hose inside our cups when dispensing ice. We have checked all hoses, removed ice dispenser and searched everywhere for this line/hose that's tearing and falling into our cups. Help!

The white finish on our 2 1/2 yr old refridge started blistering near the ice/water dispenser. It has been dry there the whole time. This has now been going on for several months. Now there are black spots in the blistering. I have taken photos and emailed them to Samsung. Samsung has refused to pay the approx $600 for a new door. They claim it's cosmetic. When this same machine was less than a year, the panel on the dispenser went out and was replaced under warranty. All in all, we're very unhappy with the fridge and even more unhappy with Samsung's response. I would never recommend Samsung and would never buy another product from them. Attached is one of the early photos. It's worse now.

RF217ACPN - I have owned this refrigerator for about two years. After a year and a half, I started having ice build up in crisper drawers. Researched problem online and found YouTube video describing the problem and fix. Removed shelves, etc., and panel covering defroster coil. I found the coil covered in ice and the drain clogged shut with ice. Followed video by replacing defroster thermistor sensor and using hot water to de-ice drain. I have now gone through the hot water treatment three times, also relocated (slightly) the sensor, but problem keeps reappearing on a less than two-week cycle. I own two of Samsung TVs and a computer monitor manufactured by them. I love them and have no complaints, but the refrigerator design really sucks along with their support. Will never buy a refrigerator from them again. LG??? Same boat??? Korean made.

Water is leaking inside the refrigerator and freezing under the produce bins. Then we notice vents on the inside back wall were full of ice. A few weeks we found water on the floor. Then the freezer started frosting and we found ice forming on the outside freezer drawer. We have defrosted it several times and the problem keeps repeating. I see online hundreds of complaints for this. These models should be recalled! Last Samsung product for me!

RB217ABPN - Purchased 11/06/09. Started noticing water in the fruit bin. Called for repair dept. Was told maybe we would have to pay for repairs, but go to simulator samsung.com. We did but it was not available for our refrigerator. Went to youtube. My husband took the refrigerator apart like shown. Once we removed the panel, we noticed it was all rusted on one side, the screws were not all in to hold the fan in place and one side of the panel is cracked in several places. Put back together. Hopeful it will work, but will be out looking for a new refrigerator since I don't think rust and cracked panel can be good. Nothing last long anymore.....

My problem is like everyone else!!! My RF217 is less than 2 years old when drain froze up wrecking the fan!!! Having been in the appliance business for over 30 years, I have never saw such a poorly designed system!!! After defrosting and installing a new fan, it worked for a couple of months when it started leaking into the crisper drawers telling me the drain was already frozen!!! I made a heater out of a copper wire and thought I had it fixed. But three months later, same old crap!!! Samsung knows of this problem but is not recalling the problem, even though they make a kit to fix it with!!! I suggest everyone that has or had this problem call the commerce commission and report their experience. In the meantime, you can buy the kit online such as eBay for around $125.00... Let refrigerator thaw for several hours so you don't break cover or insulation foam behind it!!!

We bought this refrigerator in April 2012. Since then we have had repairs 4 times. Had we not had a extra warranty the first two years, we would have been in trouble. Now the extra two years is up and we are still having trouble. Samsung sent a repairman that stated the fridge was fine but it's still broke - the problem still exist. They told us we are not under warranty. Do not buy this product, bad, bad.....

Bought a Samsung French door bottom freezer from Sears a couple years ago and the crisper drawers have flooded/froze from day one. I can't even use either of the crisper drawers at all. This is the worst refrigerator I've ever owned. I see the same complaint all over the web. Where is the class action lawsuit for this problem? Sign me up. I will never own another Samsung and I make sure I tell anyone I hear shopping for a new refrigerator to steer clear of any Samsung. I can't describe how much hate I have for this piece of junk I paid good money for. Buyer beware.

2 weeks ago we started smelling a chemical smell in our Samsung unit. We have pulled everything out twice and cleaned top to bottom and the smell is back. I decided to check out the inner web to see if anyone else was having this problem, sure enough, there are many, especially on a Samsung forum which I cannot curiously get back into to voice my concerns. The smell is in all our food and ice from the dispenser. After reading everything here I'm not even going to bother with trying to get it serviced, going to just spend the money today on a new one, definitely not Samsung! They know something is wrong with their product but won't own up to it. Big corporation hits the little guy again. So disappointed. Thought I was buying a product from a reputable company. Stand behind your product Samsung!!!

In April 2010, purchased the Samsung RF267 AEPN refrigerator. Three years later, the refrigerator was making a horrible sound. A few days later, the cooling stopped and we lost all the food in the refrigerator and freezer. Cause? Lots of ice had formed; the fan was hitting it, causing the noise. New evap. fan $256. A few months later, the same thing happened. Today, we are experiencing this same problem, again. This refrigerator is 4 yrs old. Apparently we aren't the only ones... What can we do? To start, I will never purchase another Samsung appliance.

I bought this refrigerator at Best Buy. It was a return/open box, so I was a little concerned going in, but I had no idea what I was in for. For the first 3 weeks, it was great. I loved it. It looks GREAT, especially on the inside with the LED lighting, and the icemaker worked well. Noisy, but they all are. After 3 weeks I noticed water would spurt out the back of the dispenser when I got ice or water, then the next day I noticed my ice cream was soft. The temperature controls still said it was -2, but it obviously wasn't. The next day all the ice was melted. After a runaround at Best Buy, I called Samsung. After a hassle there proving I'd just bought the thing, they finally sent someone out to look at it from a local repair shop.

The repairman groaned when he saw it and said that most of his calls are for Samsung refrigerators, they break down all the time. He ordered said there was a leak in the coolant line and ordered a dye pack, then came back a couple weeks later to install it, then came back a couple weeks later and looked it over again, ordered another part, then came back and said it was fixed. All was good for 2 weeks, then the freezer went out again. Exact same as it had before. He came back out and said he had to order a couple sensors and a new control board for it.

Every visit he made it clear that if we were to just return it and get a different fridge. He wouldn't mind at all that he'd ordered the parts for nothing. Hint after hint finally sunk in, and we swapped it out for an LG. When the guys delivered the LG and picked up the Samsung, they laughed at the Samsung and said, "Yeah, they have a lot of problems. Especially THAT model. You did right getting the LG." I've since learned this model has been discontinued, no doubt because of its horrific service record.

Had a problem with ice in crisper and under it. Samsung sent serviceman about one year ago - did something with drain tube. The problem has returned. Model number 197 acwp. I believe it should be recalled.

Refrigerator part freezing up. Water in the crispers. Food and milk spoiling. Had it for a little over a year and a half. Called the company I bought it from. They are going to see what they can do. Might be under warranty.

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator that has frosted up since I bought it. I have to manually remove the ice from the freezer daily. At first I thought it was that the door was ajar, but with careful scrutiny, it isn't that the door is left open. Reading other reviews, I now realize that the refrigerator has major design flaws and is a lemon. I am at a loss as to what to do since this was an expensive appliance.

I bought the refrigerator almost 2 years ago and about 6 months ago this problem started. Doing research and talked with a repair guy to see what the problem is, I took it apart on the inside and found frozen ice plugging the hole. Put hot water and melted the ice. I have done this twice and thought I fixed it, but the water continues to return. I have never bought this kind of fridge before. It looks nice but not a good appliance. The water continues to collect in crisper drawer and underneath.

Our $2323.95 Samsung refrigerator (RFG297HD) was purchased less than 3 years ago. We were under the impression (albeit falsely so) that Samsung products were superior in quality, and that this company stood behind the integrity of its products. NOT!!! We have already had to replace the ice maker and the freezer fan assembly. After speaking to three different phone operators (all of which represented a series of 'going-through-the-proverbial-policy-motions'), I finally was put into the ECR department in hopes of speaking to someone, who had not already been thoroughly programmed into the mechanical answers representing Samsung androidism. Suffice it to say, I hit wall, after wall, after wall after Wall. The only so-to-speak "courtesy' I was offered was to spend some additional money to buy into another year of protection. Really? I am sorry, but when I spend this kind of money for a product, I expect quality performance for a little longer than two years before it start breaking down, leading me to dig into my pocketbook again. Moreover, to spend additional money for extended warranties on products (i.e. Samsung products) highly suggests that Samsung does not want to be held responsible for its own technical errors or designed failures.

I've read the reviews on the Samsung refrigerators and I'm a little shocked that they continue to sell a known defective appliance. I was brought to this site due to problems with freezing ice under the crisper and water in it. I can't believe that this company continued to sell faulty appliances with the full knowledge that they were no good.

I believe I will look further into these problems with consumer affairs. To me, this was fraud. To sell something you know full well does not work properly, is nothing more than scamming the public. I will never own another Samsung product.

I had similar problems to those reported - 1/2 inch of water then ice on bottom of fridge compartment, ice in freezer, difficulty resetting after power outage, multiple service calls; also, all plastic drawers and door shelves have major cracks. Problems started after only two years and I loved this thing, gave the utmost in care. I am so frustrated. Latest service call they said $600 to fix (after $70 for the visit). Was ready to buy another one because I liked the design, til I found this site. On Facebook, company says they are not aware of any such problems.

A sheet of ice forms and slowly leaks out to the floor. It is a french door model RFG298HDRS/XAA. It has done it before and after the water filter was replace. I did not purchase a service agreement for the store told that since it had been repaired for something else (motherboard) that it will have not problems. I called to complain but since I did not have a warranty, they were hesitant on help but would love to sell me a warranty at the time of the call. All my items have Samsung but the buck stops here. LG's will be my next purchases.

This refrigerator has a known design flaw that allow ice build up behind the back panel in the refrigerator compartment. Unfortunately I just learn that after my Samsung refrigerator stop cooling. I bought this refrigerator three years ago and it takes $400 to fix it. Shame on Samsung. NEVER buy a Samsung appliance. Their customer service is terrible and less than USELESS. I am in Central NJ and they found the closest customer center is in New York State and asked me to contact them.

ACBP stands for A crappy built Product. We have all these same problems you all have had - water in crisper, temp reads 34 but temp is 62 degrees, freezing up panel. Why are we being treated so poorly by customer service? Doesn't the company realize that it will affect all of their product line with so many complaints and no follow up. I want one representative to follow me through the process to get a refund on this lemon. 20 calls, 50 questions repeated to their representatives, it's ridiculous. HELP, I won't even give them 1 star!!!

We bought a Samsung RS275 side by side refrigerator in March 2010. From the start, the ice maker was completely inadequate and could not keep up with a family of four. In July 2011 water started accumulating in the bottom of the refrigerator and freezing the lower vegetable bin. We found that the defroster drain hole was freezing closed with ice, thereby not allowing the defroster to drain properly, hence it ended up on the floor of the refrigerator. I managed to extend a piece of copper wire into the hole (it was heated from the defroster heating coil) and that solved the problem for a couple of years. Keeping the hole open. The problem reappeared in the Spring of 2014 and we've been trying to fix it ever since. Also, the water dispenser line continues to freeze. I will never buy another Samsung refrigerator.

I have spoken to your representative on numerous occasions regarding the quoted fridge (Samsung Fridge RS2530BWP) purchased Dec. 2/07. Again this unit has stopped working. Now my food is all spoiled. I was told by the repair company that it is the motherboard once again. This fridge has been a problem since just after the first year of purchase and you may check the log of my calls.

My fridge was purchased in 2007. I purchased an extended warranty and this service co has now serviced my fridge 4 times. This warranty is now off also and now the fridge has quit completely leaving me to deal with an outside service company who say that it’s the motherboard again. The part has to be ordered and it takes 8-10 days or I can have it expressed at an extra $40 and it will be delivered 4-5 days.

Awesome service for an essential appliance, wouldn't you agree? The fan has stopped working 2 times, a motherboard replaced one all just after the Samsung warranty was off, of course. Plus there are several large cracks in the plastic of the interior which I'm told are merely cosmetic and there is no coverage for that. It was a very noisy fridge, banging and waking me up at night. To say I'm not a satisfied Samsung customer is an understatement.

Plus I've again lost 3 fridges full of food which have to be replaced. I hope all of you will read these reviews and refuse to purchase a Samsung appliance ever. I'm now forced to look for a new fridge and believe me, I will not ever purchase Samsung again.

Samsung helpline said popping noises from my refrigerator (RF4267HARS) are normal. I'm sorry but the popping noises are SO loud they can't be normal. It's like a firecracker going off every hour. Had repairman in. He said my fridge works and I should just accept the noise. Spent a lot on my fridge and will never buy another.

My side-by-side Samsung refrigerator, model RS265TDRS, was purchased in December 2010, so it's about 3.5 years old. Very expensive unit. It started making noise sounding like a generator - so loud, I was afraid something was breaking in there. When I opened the refrigerator door it would stop, then start again when the door was closed. We moved the food into another refrigerator and freezer, unplugged this unit, and made arrangements with Samsung for a service call. (That itself was an adventure: Samsung rep never responded to email; the phone number in the refrigerator manual was for mobile phone service; the online form for a service request didn't work under several browsers. Finally used live chat and had the chat rep fill out the service request for me.)

Two weeks later, I plugged in the unit in preparation for the service tech's visit. No noise. The service tech called me to confirm the appointment, then suggested we cancel the service call, because (a) with no noise, he can't really diagnose a problem; (b) chances are it was just ice build-up and may never happen again; (c) removing the panel to get at the fan means removing all tech, because everything is attached to the panel, and that means replacing the panel because you can't just put it back on after it's been taken off; and (d) something like his labor and the panel wouldn't be covered by warranty anyway after 3.5 years.

These are expensive refrigerators. I like lots of things about it, but I think it's ridiculous that I should have to unplug my refrigerator every now and then to make sure ice doesn't build up, and it's ridiculous that this problem wouldn't be covered under a warranty. For anyone who has the same fan-sounds-like-a-generator problem, unplug it for a while and save yourself the hassle of getting in touch with Samsung. I'm really hoping this solves the problem.

Samsung Refrigerator problems model RF217ACPN. For the last several months my produce bins have been accumulating water and then water below the bins freezes into a sheet of ice. I tried to contact Samsung and they said perhaps I spilled something. I told them that the problem was repetitive and that I did not store water in the refrigerator. They wanted to send out a technician but I asked them to give me some troubleshooting ideas first. They said they didn't have any because they haven't had complaints about this. When I log into this site I see that I am not alone in this problem.

We have a Samsung 3 door fridge with a bottom freezer (Model RF217ACPN) which has been leaking water into the crisper ever since we bought it. The first year we had it, it started to leak water and Samsung sent a service man out to fix it. He "fixed" it but months later it started to leak again. After he fixed it, 3 weeks later it leaked again. Samsung has paid for all of these repairmen at a cost of $200.00 a visit. When we call Customer Service about a refund or replacement we get stonewalled. They will not even let us talk to anyone higher than a customer service rep. We are very frustrated as they say their tech dept. has to deem this unit as having a factory defect. I don't know, and they can't tell me, how this is determined. They have already spent almost the original price of the fridge in repair bills but refuse to make this whole thing right. We are done with Samsung and will not buy anything from them unless they resolve this matter to our satisfaction!

I call to Samsung for repair my refrigerator double door twice in the year of the warranty, and I sent my galaxy 2 smartphone three times for repair to Texas office during the year of warranty. After finished the year of warranty both products don't work well. One private technician told the smartphone galaxy 2 came from the factory with problems but Samsung doesn't want to change my phone with another brand new one. The same with the refrigerator.

We purchased the 2 door refrigerator with the freezer at the bottom. About a year and a half we noticed it started leaking big puddles on my wood floor. We went back where we bought it and they told us that we were out of warranty. I ask them what could be causing this problem and they said we probably did not have it level. We checked, it was. We kept going back and did not get any results so I would tell everyone don't buy the Samsung 3 door refrigerator with the freezer at the bottom. Ice keeps building up on the bottom drawer.

Had 2 repairs for the fan freezing up. 100$ a piece. Finally have that fixed. Noticed my lettuce was freezing, so looking to up the temp, notice the panel was all 4- 8's. Can't change it, called the Samsung co. Done their 2 troubleshooting ideas, neither worked so they said we will send a repairman out. I said not yet. Looking online to see if anyone has any ideas what it could be?

Samsung Company Profile