Samsung Refrigerator

!

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

We have owned our $2000 refrigerator for just about 2 years when the motherboard and the inverter broke down. Everything in the refrigerator had to be thrown away, including the $150 of groceries we just purchased! We have been without a refrigerator for over 2 months because getting it serviced and fixed takes very long. Ordering the part alone is a feat in itself. The part would not be received by Samsung until November 6 making it even longer to be fixed. They would receive it then send it to the parts company here on Oahu. Well, being that we have a party on October 31st, my husband ordered the $111.00 inverter on his own and paid extra to have the part rushed over. We will receive the inverter on Tuesday, 10/21 and the maintenance person will come on Wednesday to fix our refrigerator. We owned a GE for 11 years with absolutely no problem prior to buying this one. Obviously we made the worst decision to buy what we thought was the top of the line! Jokes on us! We will never again buy Samsung again! Crossing my fingers that it gets fixed.

Purchased bottom freezer refrigerator model RF260BEA and 15 months later the freezer stopped working. The service dept set an appt. for me 10 days later. Since it is 3 months out of warranty they will charge $95. When I asked who would be responsible for the $500 of food that will be spoiled in 10 days, they said it was my problem! I have owned 5 refrigerators and never had any problems with them in over 15 years! Tried to complain directly to the company thru computer but no type of communications was available. Very disappointed with the quality of their product and will never buy a Samsung product again. Their service contacts were not at all interested in my problem and their factory service dept response time is not available in a timely manner!

We recently purchased a Samsung side-by-side refrigerator (Model#RS22HDHPNSR/AA) back in June from hhgregg. According to the date on the inside panel the refrigerator was built sometime in January 2014. We purchased the unit June 2014 and it’s barely six months later and the refrigerator stopped working! That refrigerator wasn’t cheap in price but obviously that wasn’t the case when it came to its assembly.

The refrigerator died on us this past Saturday, October 11, 2014 and I put in a repair request online Sunday via the Samsung website. As I had put all the details required to get the process moving, imagine my surprise when those same details were requested yet again when someone finally got around to calling. So once again I sent the information via the website and my personal email. After sending the information again I was under the impression that a repair person would be sent out ASAP to remedy the malfunctioning refrigerator problem but I was wrong. A repair person didn't show up until Thursday October 16, 2014, five days later. Let me reiterate - five days have passed with us being without a working refrigerator.

The repairman arrived before 12pm. He proceeded to inform my mother that he was told that if the refrigerator could be repaired he would repair it. He told us that it would take two to four hours to fix the problem. He checked various aspects of the refrigerator and spoke with someone that I assume was a representative of the Samsung company via his company phone and shortly thereafter around 1:15pm, he went outside. We assumed he went to his truck to retrieve the necessary materials or tools to fix the problem and we haven’t seen the repairman since!!! So, not only have we been without a working refrigerator six days but to add insult to injury the person that the company sent out to repair the malfunctioning unit has left us in a lurch without so much as a word!

My mother has been on the phone with numerous company reps since Monday and we have yet to have this situation resolved. The last person she spoke with today (10-17-14) said someone would be out Monday. I won't believe it until I see it. I am quite disgusted with Samsung and personally will NEVER purchase product they create.

We bought our Samsung refrigerator in 2011, and it will be our last as well as any other Samsung product. Door handle broke in the first week, then the ice maker (twice) and I have to dump an inch of water out from under & inside the veggie bins every other week. So far I have spent as much on repairs as I did to purchase. We strongly recommend a 'do not buy'.

The problem with water in the drawers and on floor of refrigerator section is quite common. The drain tube gets iced up. You need to replace the evaporator cover in the refrigerator section. You also need to add a drain probe to carry heat from the defrost heater into the drain tube. Before you can remove the cover, you must defrost ref for 24 hours with doors open, unplugged. To remove rear cover in ref section remove 2 screws along bottom edge and then remove plug in center near top and remove screw under it. Start prying from each side from the bottom. Release 2 plugs at top left. Make sure drain hole in tray under evaporator is clear of ice by pouring hot water down it. Install new probe and install new cover. I think that if you go to searsparts.com and enter your model number you should be able find the correct parts.

I too have a Samsung refrigerator Model RF217ACWP French door, bottom freezer that drips water under the vegetable bins. Bought it in July 2012 and had the problem the first time just before the warranty expired. The repairman said that it is a common problem with this model. It was fixed under warranty but now a year later it does the same thing. I'm sure it will cost a few hundred dollars to fix again but why should I put money every year into it. I too will never buy another Samsung product. Our 50" plasma TV started having problems 2 years after we bought it with no help from Samsung. They said that is why they encourage people to buy the extended warranty.

RFG298AARS - This sexy-looking refrigerator has major inherent design flaws, and we have had nothing but problems with it. The first unit purchased from Lowe's in mid 2008 (with the extended warranty) lasted less than a year. The ice maker stopped working and when the repairman pulled the unit out, the entire new Brazilian teak hardwood flooring underneath was warped and wet from 'an internal slow leak that was probably missed as it came off the assembly line.' Lowe's brought a brand new 2009 unit, hauled the faulty one away and provided a credit to fix the flooring.

Fast forward to Sept. 2014 (one month out of warranty)... Fridge/freezer stop cooling altogether with no error codes. I caught it just in time to keep everything inside from spoiling completely. To fix the sealed compressor system will be $1000. The external ice/water dispenser is also showing major signs of corrosion (leaking from the inside out), even though this is supposed to be 100% stainless steel... Nothing we have tried will clean it.

At this point we have transitioned back to our faux stainless steel 10+ year old side by side in the garage. The Energy Star, digital inverter compressor technology is nothing but headache and money wasted for the end consumer. This unit was produced to be super insulated with one of the largest capacities available. It is now a $2800 decoration, and like most people, I expect an appliance with that price tag to last much longer than 5 years.

The issues I have listed echo numerous complaints all over internet forums. We have spent over $10,000 on Samsung products in the past 10 years, but with this incident we no longer have any confidence in their products. In other words, give me old skool. I could have purchased 5 of my mother's fridges for the amount I spent on this piece of junk... and hers is 20 years old.

We have had nothing but problems with this $3000.00 fridge! We have ice freezing in the bottom crisper and it needs defrosting every 4 to 5 months or it pours water onto our kitchen floors!! The local repairman says that this is a common problem and that these models are a nightmare!!! Now this week I replaced the water filter and now no water will flow from the dispenser. Samsung told me to get another filter which I tried 3 different times and none of them work. When the filter is removed we get water flow but not with the filter inserted?

Our Samsung refrigerator RFG298HDRS stopped dispensing water. At first I could remove the 4 month old filter and put it back in and the dispenser worked for 2 weeks. Every 2 weeks I would do this. Finally I replaced the filter and it would not give us any water at all. I was using Samsung filters Model DA29-00020B. Samsung tech the first time had me checking the 2 ice makers that would not work. They told me I had knock off filters from Amazon. Then I took the filter out and tried the water everything began to work. Ice makers ran and water dispensed. Called Tech support again. The guy told me that this was the first thing they should have had me try. Since that works it's a bad filter. Well.

I have now purchased 7 filters spent over $200 and still NOTHING works. I have noticed that Samsung has changed the filter a little too. Different label, Smaller center hole than the original for water to enter the filter however even the larger hole filters which I still had did not work.... Also the literature in the new filters boxes is not accurate. It states to put the replacement label date on the installed filter which there are NO longer any labels supplied and it also states to remove the BLUE cap... The cap is white. Even after buying the filters at Lowes they do not work. Samsung swears to me the fridge is ok since it works without the filter.... I have a tech coming out in 2 weeks the soonest they could arrive. But the techs tell me Samsung does not provide support for them in trouble shooting either.

Samsung needs to change the way they do business! As much as they charge for these refrigerators, this is consumer robbery. My fridge is only 3 years old.

I purchased our Samsung French door refrigerator on 10/1/2011 through Lowe's. At that time I also purchased their extended warranty; however, it expired on 10/1/2014, just 5 days short of the failure of our refrigerator. Lowe's Service was very kind and immediately transferred me to Samsung, as they told me the sealed system would be covered by the manufacturer for 5 years. The representative at Samsung (after speaking and being transferred to a few different people) told me they would have a Samsung technician contact me within 24-48 hours. This was on 10/10/2014. I did not receive a phone call during this period; however, I did receive an email today, 10/14/2014. The email stated that they do not have a technician in my area, and wanted me to contact them via the supplied number to find a way to accommodate me.

I was assigned a new reference number and transferred to multiple people until finally getting to speak to someone in the Executive Customer Relations Department. This person told me that Samsung couldn't repair my refrigerator due to my location, but that they could offer a pro rated buy back of it. I was told to email a copy of my original receipt to an email address they supplied me. I was told to write my name, phone number, and the most recently assigned transaction number on the receipt before emailing it to them. They told me that I would get a response within 2 business days of sending the receipt, but that I should call them if I do not get a response. The buy back is supposedly pro rated at 10% per year of ownership.

Within days of buying this $2000 refrigerator, the paint started chipping. Having worked in metal painting, it obviously was a case of not cleaning the metal properly and the paint would not stick, this is especially on the edges and top of the door. This very simply is a defective manufacturing problem. Called Sears who said it was a Samsung problem, called Samsung who said it was a Sears problem. After about two hours on the telephone and ten calls, Sears sent me a check for $100.00 to get rid of me. I am happy to confirm that both Sears and Samsung have gotten rid of me. FOREVER!!!

The ice maker made on the door does not function well, it freezes up. I am on the way to buy old fashioned ice cube trays. It's a great concept to save freezer space but isn't working.

In May 2009, we bought a Samsung French Door, Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Model RF267ABRS from Lowe's in Vista, CA. After 9 months, the refrigerator formed ice on the back of the Refrigerator and under the Deli drawer. Fortunately, we had bought the extended warranty from Lowe's, which has come in very handy over the past 5 years. When the repairman came out the 1st time, he could do nothing until we completely defrosted the refrigerator/freezer. They sent out another repairman 3 days later who took the entire back off the refrigerator and told us the problem was that the drainage tube in the back is too small and freezes up. He told us this is a common problem with Samsung refrigerators. He suggested we DEFROST the FROST FREE refrigerator every 6-9 months!!!! HELLO!!!! That is not what I purchased.

I contacted Samsung Customer Service and was told they had NEVER had this problem in the past. I was asked if I using the appliance as directed in the manual!!! They refused to acknowledge there was or had been a problem of this sort in the past with any of their refrigerators. I then went online and read the MANY complaints for the same problem with many of the different Samsung Refrigerators. After speaking with a Supervisor again, I was told they were unaware of any complaints. I directed him to the online Samsung complaints and was told they never read them!!! So, here I sit on a Sunday afternoon, emptying my LEMON of a refrigerator again. This has become a ritual every 6-9 months to prevent it from causing damage to my kitchen wood floors.

The Samsung Supervisor also told me they weren't responsible for any damage to my floor, cabinets or other fixtures if the refrigerator malfunctions as I have a preventable solution (DEFROSTING EVERY 6-9 MONTHS). I will never buy ANY Samsung product again. I have had several friends in the market for a new fridge and I give total negative feedback for Samsung every chance I get. NOW that is customer service!!!!! their Customer Service is some of the poorest I have come across in recent years.

The refrigerator is not cooling and is reading 55 degrees. We have ice forming on the back wall of the fridge plus it looks like it is swelling. Now there looks to be mold on the rubber seal. We have called them and they came out & said it would cost 300.00 to fix... This fridge is only 2 yrs old & @ 1800.00, they should cover it. There are only the 2 of us using this thing. If a family of 4 would have bought it - would have only lasted a yr. Very, very bad product!!!

I am having the same problem as Kimberly from California reviewed back in September on the water filter replacement cartridge DA29-00003G for the SAMSUNG French Door Refrigerator. No matter how hard I try to twist the filter, it will not seat into the receptacle even though it is the correct filter listed in my owners manual. The previous filter is an off brand made by HDX as a replacement for Samsung and it worked fine. The only difference between the two is the locking mechanism on the neck as Kimberly illustrated in her pics and I have attached my own pic as well. I have used SAMSUNG replacement filters before and this is the first time experiencing this problem. This engineering problem needs to be remedied immediately before someone ends up breaking their refrigerator and paying hundreds of dollars in replacement parts or even having to buy a new refrigerator! In the meantime I will return my filter to the store and spend my money on the other brand's filter. This is a very poor oversight on SAMSUNG's part!

I purchased a Samsung French Door refrigerator in July 2012. It is now October 2014 and it has started pooling water in the vegetable drawer. When I googled this it seems to be a very common problem with Samsung. I am single so the fridge is not over stuffed or over accessed in any way so for it to fail like this in 2.25 years is pretty disappointing. Naturally it is out of warranty but it doesn't sound like Samsung has rectified the problem for anyone who does have an extended warranty. I see there are some fixes on YouTube so there is a solution but when a product fails so horribly, it should be up to the company to fix their flawed design. Don't know who is actually going to fix this but it sounds like it isn't worth going thru Samsung to get it handled. Seems to me they are ripe for a class action. It sounds like this applies to nearly every french door fridge they make right around the 2 year mark.

We purchased our Samsung fridge a little over a year ago and about 6 months into having it I lifted the little tray where the water and ice are located and found that it had rusted! The rust has continually grown out onto the fridge door causing the paint to chip off and leave sharp metal for my children to injure themselves. I have contacted Samsung and because this is a "Cosmetic" defect they will not do anything to fix it. It is beyond frustrating that you pay a large amount of money for something and it is not up to the standards that it is advertised. I have always purchased Samsung products but I will say this was our last. They have lost a Samsung customer for life.

RF217ACRS - Bought fridge in June 2010. Freezer stopped working in June 2014. It was still under 5-year Sealed Refrigeration System Warranty, so I went through a Samsung referred repair company. Our first visit was on 6/27. After our 10th repair visit on Sept 12, 2014, all of which entailed numerous attempts and were coordinated with Samsung Technical Support via telephone, our fridge was deemed unrepairable. (I have invoices and notes documenting each visit.) After 6 different Samsung "repair ticket" numbers obtained while working with Samsung "Executive Customer Service" to get Warranty compensation, I was exhausted. When I called them, I was on hold from 17:8 to 47:12 minutes each time and told something different every time.

At one point I was talking to an individual in CA (address was residential via phone # look-up). They broke me down when they told me that our repairman should have gotten a 7000# from the Samsung Tech at the time the system was deemed unrepairable. We went entire summer without a working freezer. We would have dumped the refrigerator earlier had we known warranty was not going to come through. I could go on, but I think readers have the idea and the point(s) I am making about Samsung Refrigerators and their "Executive" Customer Service.

Purchased a new Samsung refrigerator about 2 years ago and now the glass shelf that holds the crisper drawers is broken on the corner and the rail that the crisper drawer runs on is broken where the screw hole is broken where a worker had screwed it in too tight. The rubber gaskets are coming apart as well....This refrigerator cost was over $2000.00. Called customer service and they said TOO BAD out of warranty ....Model # RF267AEBP. Someone needs to get a class action lawsuit going on this and let all of us know...

Bought the $1800 refrigerator in May. I stopped working in June. After hours of being on hold, it was repaired, but has been nothing but frustration since. It has had 3 ice makers replaced and now it has stopped working again. I have made 13 calls, each averaging being on hold 45 minutes and taken off work six (6) times, (after waiting two weeks) to meet repairmen. They "can not find" all the service records. They end by promising to call me back, but have NEVER called. All I want is no more high blood pressure and frustration... Just a working refrigerator!!!!

I purchase 4 Samsung products -- fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher -- less than six months. My microwave was first, problem fixed; dishwasher the circuit board went out, Store Liquidators replaced it. Now my refrigerator start smelling of something burning. Contacted Store Liquidators for their repair person, no one called me back. They stated all merchandise were scratch and dent. That was not true.

After careful consideration and research, our brand new beautiful Samsung four-door counter depth French door Stainless Steel Refrigerator (purchased from Future Shop) was delivered to our new home in Sep 2013. Because the purchase was made via Capital One Mastercard, the warranty was extended for two years. In September 2014, we suddenly noticed two hairline cracks and one larger crack along the frame (white plastic) which holds the glass shelf (right side) above the crisper drawer.

We called the local telephone # for Samsung in our manual, which oddly directed us to a global call center in a foreign country. For several days, we spoke and emailed countless Samsung reps in order to bring our problem to Samsung's attention. In fact everyone we spoke with at Samsung promised personal responsibility of our file by providing ticket # after ticket # all of which were later cancelled without communicating with us. No one at Samsung followed through.

We were left to call Samsung repeatedly, just to be placed on "hold" for unnecessary amounts of time and ultimately disconnected. This was very frustrating. To add insult to injury, the last Samsung Customer Service Rep. we spoke with this past Friday, implied we willfully damaged our own fridge! Samsung's customer care via telephone and email receives a failing grade from us.

Today (Monday) we took matters into our own hands and took a chance by driving to Samsung's corporate office (Derry Road West, Mississauga). To our surprise, we were greeted by a nice Samsung representative from the "Office of the President" who reviewed our information including email trail, photos, user manual and the original sales receipt.

After a brief discussion, this Samsung Rep claimed personal responsibility of our file and promised to mail us the "Part". We were satisfied. Then, within 15 minutes of departure from Samsung's corporate offices, this same Samsung rep telephoned to advise us he had made arrangements for a certified Samsung appliance technician to visit our residence and install/replace the fridge shelf within 7-10 days.

Although angry, much time and effort was committed on our end, I'm very thankful and grateful our situation will (hopefully) have a positive resolution, as I love my Samsung Refrigerator. Our positive ending only came from the unnecessary feeling of hopelessness and frustration with Samsung. It would have been much easier to deal with a local representative vs. a foreign call center.

We have the same problem that a lot of the consumers had. Our fridge makes this grinding sound that just kept getting louder to the point where it would freak out my dog. We shut it off to defrost whatever ice was built up on the fan and when I yanked the bottom drawer (which by the way is always stuck by the ice built up) a sheet of ice about an inch thick fell on my foot causing a gash on it. Luckily my little Yorkie jumped out of the way otherwise she'd be dead. So please be careful when defrosting the damn fridge.

We purchased a Samsung French Door Fridge less than 2 years ago and the fan is going out; it is loud and obviously off balance. Really disappointed; wish we had seen these reviews before buying.

We purchased a Samsung French Door Fridge and purchased a warranty with it. Within a few months the compressor died. While I can understand that equipment may occasionally be defective, what I was more shocked about was the terrible service in honoring their warranty. We got a runaround for TWO WEEKS before a serviceman made his way to our house only to tell us that the fridge could not be repaired. It took another two weeks to get it replaced. Shame on you! I will never purchase another Samsung product, and would advise the rest of you not to.

We have a Samsung refrigerator Model# RF266AERS/xaa that stopped cooling at 3 1/2 years. A certified Samsung tech (only one in SE Wisconsin) was unable to repair. The problem was in the sealed system which has a five year warranty. He contacted Samsung and took all the necessary documentation as he was directed and sent it to Samsung. That was 4 weeks ago during which time I have called and been connected to "executive customer service" seven times, each phone call a minimum of 40 minutes on hold. I have sent my sales receipt twice. They always have problems locating some piece of information but always give a new transaction number and a very polite vague excuse. I have called the certified dealer twice. They resubmitted info and the second time even had the regional manager for Samsung send it in. That was one week ago. At my last call on Oct 2, 2014... This is ongoing and I am now waiting again for "2-3" days. Mind you these calls are all 40-60 minutes long and it has been 6 1/2 weeks without a working refrigerator! It also appears from other submissions, this is a big problem with Samsung and others.

Just about three years into ownership and I have really liked it a lot. Attractive, well organized, sturdy. Now the ice maker and defrost for freezer has failed. We have an extended warranty (thank heavens) but so far, the repair people have not done anything to fix the problem. The tech replaced the fan (the one he had didn't really fit so he used tin snips to make it fit...a bad sign!) After his visit, the freezer quit freezing correctly and now we are waiting on someone to come on Monday. I hope he is more prepared than the original guy and can fix it. I really like this unit. I hope we can make it work again and stay working.

Unfortunately made a poor decision in purchasing this refrigerator. Samsung is very good at making excuses for the problems occurring. Too bad so sad. Noise in the back, rattles. It's your water pressure causing that! Ice maker shoots ice all over. Love having to wipe the floor every time I get ice. The settings are for cubed and crushed but good luck getting cubes as the crushed continue to fly. Expensive lesson learned.

Refrigerator leaks water under deli drawer. Closest repairman is 1 hr away. To unthaw condensation line is $175.00 and for drive charge too. Refrigerator is 2010 model and in 2013 it started pooling water under drawer. Contacted Samsung and was told not covered under warranty. So, they referred a licensed samsung repair tech and he cleaned out condensation line which he said is a constant problem with this particular type of Samsung refrigerator. Well it's doing it again and the ice froze the styrofoam to the panel this time so the same repairman said he could break loose the styrofoam but I'd be without a refrigerator for 2 weeks until he could get a new styrofoam panel for $60.00 + 175.00 to fix problem. I had to pay $60.00 for his diagnosis this time to tell him I can't go without my refrigerator for 2 weeks. So help!!!! I feel ripped off by a faulty product.

I bought this Refrigerator in May 30, 2014. It started making a loud whirring noise loud enough to be heard in the living room over the TV!! I called Samsung on Sept. 26!! Their customer service sucks as it is Oct.3 and my fridge is still not fixed. Worst Customer service ever!!

Samsung Company Profile