Samsung Refrigerator

Tell us about your experience with Samsung Refrigerator:

Record a review about your experience with Samsung Refrigerator:

Tell us about your experience with Samsung Refrigerator:

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

I've had this fridge for a little over two years. The water keeps going under the drawers and forming ice sheets that make it impossible to open the drawers. Very loud noise coming from the back.

• add your response

Go ahead and buy a hairdryer if you own a Samsung refrigerator, it will be your new best friend. Same problems as everyone else, freeze ups on evaporator fan and coils, water leaking out of the bottom, spoiled food, loud irregular noises, and the ice maker doesn't function properly. Just two years of ownership has convinced me that Samsung is incompetent at building a reliable refrigerator. I regret ever purchasing this unit and will NEVER buy or recommend that ANYONE buy their products. Samsung YOU SUCK!!!! This thing is junk and I want my money back so I can buy a reliable brand!!! If I had the money I would ship this useless hunk of junk back to Samsung headquarters with a note to the president of the company.

Direct your complaints here: officeofthepresident@sea.samsung.com. Keep in mind that this is only for customers who have already called 1-800-Samsung and been unable to resolve their issue with the front line of the company's customer service.

• add your response

We purchased a Samsung refrigerator freezer two years ago, I have had nothing but problems with the refrigerator side. It would not keep the frig side cool, I called Samsung for a repairman and it took them forever to come and check the frig. So I called a repairman...he came over right away and fixed it for me. He told me that these Samsung refrigerators have this recurring problems, where they ice up and I have to defrost them every month. I even replaced a part that cost me over $50.00 and didn't help and it did not. The same thing keeps happening. Every time I call Samsung they give me the runaround. I also purchased a Samsung washer and now it is starting to give me problems. It will give me a DC code...it means that the load is off set.

• add your response

Our 5 yr. old Samsung French door fridge has wasted about 300 dollars worth of food. The first repairman from A&E recharged the freon and ordered some parts. One of the parts was a new compressor, which they ship to the house and install at a later date. We request with Samsung's guy in India to make sure we get the same guy to install the new compressor. (You cannot talk to A&E directly.) Some other guy shows up (had to miss another day's work to accommodate their service, 250 bucks down the drain again.) This new guy takes the inside fridge panel off and says the upper evaporator coil is leaking because Samsung put too many zip ties holding it in. He snips off the zip ties, then he claims the compressor wasn't needed and the first guy who came should have known they were not authorized by Samsung to do any repairs. He leaves...... now I'm dead in the water.

I call Samsung office of the president (yeah right) they set me up with another repair tech. I yelp the new repair service and they have the worst reputation in the book. Soooooooo I call back the Samsung prezzizz office in Jersey and request they authorize the original repair techs from A &E to return. The freezer just went warm again. We are giving away food to friends. It is Thursday the new repair appt. is this Monday. Another day off work and probably a re-diagnose and subsequent appt. while they wait for parts. SMART FRIDGE MY A.. Samsung scam to buy a new fridge maybe. This is what over 2000 dollars gets you nowadays. Sad part is I hear even high end fridges have multiple problems too.

• add your response

Had this refrigerator 2 years. Ice maker freezes up. Had to replace evaporator fan which burned up due to ice accumulating in back of unit. Unreliable piece of garbage!!!! They should be ashamed of taking money for pure crap. Load it up and take it to the firing range.

• add your response

Our brand new Samsung fridge is so loud we vocationally have to turn up our TV to hear over it, it kinda vibrates throughout the house. Samsung says that's normal operation and they will charge me to send another tech out even though I've only had one out to date.

• add your response

We noticed water on the floor at the base of the fridge just over a year after we bought it. We thought it was spillage by our son. It persisted, and our new floorboards started to warp; so I pulled out the drawers and found a massive sheet of ice on the floor of the fridge. Still think it was spillage we didn't think any more of it until we started to see water on the floor again. Sure enough, the ice field was back. I cleared it out and checked 3 weeks later and water had started to pool and freeze again. I got in touch with SAMSUNG and was told I was no longer under warranty; so, too bad, get a repairman. No other advice was offered, in short, not very helpful at all.

I then checked online and found many other similar complaints posted starting a few years before I purchased my fridge; therefore SAMSUNG has known about this problem for some time and has done nothing about it. It's a shame. I like the fridge and used to trust the SAMSUNG brand. Now I like neither. I will never purchase any SAMSUNG product again without checking its performance profile online. In the meantime I'll continue to take the sheet ice off the bottom of the fridge every month, maybe try the online fixes posted by similarly disappointed consumers, save my money and buy a different brand of fridge.

• add your response

I purchased the fridge on the 6th march 2012. All was ok for about 3 months, then the water dispenser valve stopped working. The door would not close properly, had to manually close it. It has been repaired twice and door still broken. Not good enough don't understand why they won’t replace it...

• add your response

We purchased a Samsung french door refrigerator in 2012. It has an external ice and water, along with the bottom freezer and a drawer that has various options. Since 2014, we have had significant problems with the ice maker. The repair person has been here 5-6 times attempting to fix what he calls a 'manufacturing and engineering defect.' Apparently he has seen this problem multiple times. It doesn't make ice, then it makes ice but it all melts and refreezes in a solid block. It continued this cycle over and over until it burned out its fan. Multiple calls to Samsung have gotten me nowhere except that I have now spent nearly $1000 trying to fix a $2500 appliance that is still brand new.

• add your response

Nothing has happened, that's the problem. We have had issues since we purchased it in March 2014. Almost immediately the popping and hissing noises started. The company said that's common but it's cooling, right? If I wanted a noisy refrigerator I would have ask for one. Then during power outages it won't allow you to reset it for 24 hours. It reads as a freezer error and requires a technician to visit. So you have to wait 24 hours to find out if there is or isn't an issue to report. You can't reach anyone except online after 5 or on the weekends. So if your fridge goes down Friday at 5 you are at the mercy of a Tyler on the Samsung website who says the same thing every time...... "this error needs a technician, here is a number or can an email." Then the wait.

We are on the phone for the first time with a foreign speaking woman who is giving us the......"a technician will call you in 24 hours." Meanwhile we have an airplane in our kitchen and no idea if our food will survive. The technician will call to set up a time within 24 hours. No idea when the actual guy will make it to our house. Worse experience I have ever had with a company. Never will I buy from them again.

• add your response

Purchased Samsung Model #RF24FSEDBSR French door refrigerator in 2014, and shortly after began having numerous problems with both the ice maker and the overall temperature control. Had a factory authorized service tech come out, who told us the ice maker is a defective design for which Samsung has no solution. He stated he has seen hundreds of these, and there is no fix. The ice maker does not make more than one batch of ice each 24-hour cycle (sometimes not even that). It will not dispense cubed ice (crushes it every time), and water runs out of the dispenser, filling the glass with ice and water. It freezes solid, thaws, and then freezes again, requiring that we defrost the ice maker every other day. (Are you freaking kidding me??!!)

The temperature controls are fickle, often not holding the temperature at the setting selected. This refrigerator was purchased as part of a total kitchen remodel, and we thought we were getting a great value. Instead, it has turned out to be a huge POS costing us money for attempted repairs and a great deal of frustration. I will not buy another Samsung refrigerator again, and I will discourage everyone I know from ever doing so. Their claims of reliability ring hollow, and their customer service on this product is nothing but a cruel, pathetic joke. Do not buy this, or any other Samsung refrigerator.

• add your response

Model RF220NCTABC/AA - cracking noise from doors. The problem with the doors is not exactly in the hinges themselves. There are two plastic pieces: one black in the top next to the hinge, another white in the bottom next to the hinges. These parts have the function of "toggle-close" the doors and unfortunately are not of the right quality. They are each attached to the door with one Phillips screw. If any of them breaks, you get the crack sound. I just removed the one on the bottom right and the problem went away. Your technicians answering the phone should be trained on that and even if the refrigerator was bought more than one year ago, send customers these parts for free. Probably the postage will be more expensive than the parts.

• add your response

Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator RS263TDPN froze up the fan in the refrigerator side of the unit. I removed the plastic in front of the fan and defrosted the ice that had accumulated. Now I am attempting to re-install the parts and use the refrigerator. The unit had heated up the refrigerator and I had to throw away lots of food. That this is an issue with no Samsung support or bulletin is criminal. That the salespeople at stores continue to sell these units with no mention or discussion of problems when asked about the units is also criminal.

• add your response

Defrost drain kept blocking. Finally called a repair man who stated that he gets a lot of calls for this problem. Poor design of a small part extending into the drain hole. Unfortunately the repair man said he needed to replace the entire panel to the tune of $388!! Sucker me said go ahead. Turns out replacing only the $2 part would have done the trick. Unfortunately Samsung would never let their customers know that they have this flaw in their design.

• add your response

Samsung RF267AERS - We have the same problem countless others have had: water/ice pooling under and behind the deli and fresh food bins, as a result of the drain tube freezing up and not allowing proper drainage to the pan somewhere below. Samsung is staffed by a bunch of ignorant, talking heads who will tell you they've never heard of this problem. If you're out of warranty (our unit is in the 3-4 year range), they will offer you something called "Rescue Repair" for $400 (at least, that's what they quoted us). This would be a great class action suit for a law firm because there are so many people who would love to join. I'm very disappointed with customer service in America and these obvious issues of quality control/manufacturing defect should not be ignored by the manufacturer. Samsung will no longer be a consideration for future appliance purchases.

• add your response

We purchased a Samsung refrigerator (Model # RF323TEDBSR) less than two years ago and have had three repairs. The latest annoyance was the loud cycling sounds that came from the unit and stopped temporarily when you opened the door. The tech said it is the fan icing up in the back of the unit and replaced. Here we are about 8 months later and it starts up again. Not impressed with Samsung appliances and will never purchase one again.

• add your response

RF267AERS - Our refrigerator is less than five years old. It was serviced once in year, one when a panel light went out, but when the same light went out at 13 months, service was denied. In November of 2014 we noticed water in the bottom crisper drawer and ice underneath it as well as frozen pieces on the back wall of the refrigerator. We looked online for this problem and found multiple complaints on multiple sites, as well as several repair videos showing the problem and how to self-repair. We believe that the number of incidences of the same occurrence on multiple models make it a product defect and as such, should be repaired by the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, Samsung will only offer to contact a local repair professional or sell you an additional warranty for $388.95 that will cover the current issue and anything that may come up within the year. Given the vast number of complaints, we believe this may be a good candidate for a class action suit on behalf of all of the consumers who have suffered the same issue.

• add your response

Purchased this refrigerator December 2010 for my parents. Within 6 months the vegetable drawers began filling up with water. Parents decided not to replace. January 2nd 4 years after purchase the motherboard went out, a new compressor was ordered and installed, then the New Compressor developed a leak, and now another service call has been set due to the refrigerator still not working. Service has been to my parents' home January 2, January 9th, January 16th, January 26th, January 29th and scheduled February 4th, 2015. Samsung has been contacted, their response was it's out of warranty.

My response is a $1200 refrigerator should last longer than 4 years, if not then the construction of the product is defective. Samsung's response - too bad. Dealing with the Executive Customer Service representative was very unwilling to send me to a supervisor, I'm still waiting on a call back. Definitely do not purchase Samsung equipment they do not stand behind their products.

• add your response

I purchased a Samsung Refrigerator Model RS261MDRS in 2012. I have had problems with this model from beginning. Ice maker not working and loud noises of motor will not turn off. This is out of warranty but I was informed that this part was a recall. A compensation from Samsung would be greatly appreciated.

• add your response

Word to the wise.. Never buy kitchen appliances from Sears as they have no service department. Their service work is subbed out to other companies. When you call them for service work you will be talking to someone who sounds like he or she is from Pakistan or Korea. They are extremely expensive and you have to work around their schedule. I have owned a new SAMSUNG Refrigerator for less than five years. We purchased the three-year warranty when we purchased it, but it did us no good as the Refrigerator quit working and couple of months, after the warranty expired. The unit started to make a clicking noise and then it quit cooling.

The service guy shows up after going through the circus of getting him out there to tell us that the unit is frozen and he sees this issue quite often. He charges me $225.00 to defrost the frozen motor and he tries to sell me another one year warranty for $300 plus dollars. It's now 13 months later and we are experiencing the same symptoms. The fan motor starts the clicking noise and the unit quits cooling. I called Samsung to let them know what was going on and to see if they help me out because of the lemon that I purchased from them. They were not willing to work with me in any way. I have a KitchenAid refrigerator outside that I have owned for ten plus years and I haven't had the first problem with the unit. I am done with the Korean Samsung Products.. Buy American made products!!

• add your response

Food and liquids have seeped under the seals of the glass shelves. How can I get it out? Soaking does not budge it.

• add your response

Bought the Samsung RF28hmedbsr refrigerator on August 27, 2014 and it is already acting up, not producing ice and is very noisy. Will call tomorrow and see what they can do but after reading all the nightmare stories out there it is a little scary.

• add your response

Sumsung's excellent customer service is a customer’s nightmare. Here is our experience: 2 days before X-Mas 2014 our 3 month old fridge model RS22HDHPNSR stopped cooling properly 2 days later it stopped all together but the temperature readout did not indicate a problem and remained at the normal settings. 12-24-14 called Samsung customer service gave all of our info: Name address, phone #, e-mail address. Was instructed to reset thermostat, called back after a few hours to inform Samsung that unit was still not cooling. Advised that a repair service would come in 1 to 2 days to take care of problem. 12-27-14 After several hours working on our fridge repairman told us that the unit suffered a major failure and parts would need to be ordered.

We contacted Samsung same day again had to repeat all of our personal info and we now requested a replacement for our 3 month old unit. That's when the nightmare really began. We did not hear from Samsung and had to call daily for updates. Each time we received a new ticket # and were told our request was in review. On 1-2-2015 we were informed that our request for replacement was denied because replacement parts were in. On 1-7-2015 After 2 repairmen hammered and soldered for 3 hours on our fridge in the kitchen they could not fix it needed more parts.

Again we called Samsung requesting a replacement and again never received any updates. On 1-9-2015 finally got through to a supervisor who than told us after speaking with another supervisor that our request for replacement had been denied a second time, because the additional parts are in. On 1-13-2015 after 3 more hours working and banging our fridge it was working. After a 3 week long ordeal of no refrigerator/freezer, uncounted hours spent on use less phone calls speaking to a total of 36 Samsung employees we have a rebuilt Samsung refrigerator. Samsung Excellence Customer Service??? You decide.

• add your response

What a nightmare this Samsung fridge is! The compressor went out, the ice maker stopped making ice, & the coils freeze up and the fridge doesn't cool! I recommend filing with the BBB or your state's attorney general so our voices are heard.

• add your response

At the beginning of September 2014 my wife noticed water collecting in the left hand produce drawer, so we called the local authorized Samsung repair company to fix our refrigerator. Here it is at the first of February, and 9 service technician visits later, more than $250.00 in food ruined plus the Initial cost of the service technicians and 14 calls to Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG and were told it's defective and they said they were giving me back the full cost of the refrigerator only to be told a week later that they were only going to give me $916, which is less than the full price. Nobody from Samsung has called me back, nobody from Samsung has e-mailed me. So now I'm turning it over to my attorney in principle alone.

• add your response

2 1/2 years ago we bought all new appliances and unfortunately they are all junk! In 1 year and a day the microwave quit working. The circuit board quit working. Had to have that fixed. The day after Xmas our dryer quit heating! Another repair bill! We were without a dryer for 3 weeks! Today our icemaker quit! It does not make ice nor can we get the icebox off! Now we will have another repair bill for 2-year-old appliances! I am in for getting a class action lawsuit against Samsung!!!

• add your response

Have had our unit for 9 months now and still the same problems. Sears technician unable to resolve. The cover to the ice bin will not come off, therefore cannot get to the cubes or water level button or auger, etc. Also, the ice cubes come out as a mixture of crushed ice and cubes. The technician says that the design is poor and everyone suffers from the same problems. We paid Sears an extra $535 for an extended warranty - not worth it.

• add your response

I purchased the Samsung French Door Refrigerator model RFG297HDRS in January 2014 from Home Depot for around $2,000. Since the first day the refrigerator arrived at my home it is very loud. The noise is so loud you have to leave the room. After several service calls, they replaced it with the Samsung French Door Refrigerator model RF28HFEDBSR, which was a smaller model and nowhere as nice as the other model. This model as well is loud. For over 1 year, 54 telephone phone calls, many emails, several service calls and unpaid days off; I am stuck with this refrigerator. The Samsung refrigerators are VERY LOUD and Samsung does not stand behind this product line.

• add your response

Model rf26vabbp - This refrige was bought 2/2009, we had the water problems for the past few years then we finally had a repair person fix the clogged frozen water line. He actually put a wire down the tube and hooked it up so it wouldn't freeze. So far, that works. Now, our ice maker broke. We had the warranty, so now we have to get it fixed. Tried to reset but nothing. Bad fridge, I wouldn't buy any more Samsung or LG. Most expensive to fix and hard to get parts, a lot of service people won't fix them.

• add your response

RA19 - This report is to corroborate what others have already said about the clear plastic shelves cracking in Samsung refrigerators. I bought this fridge new nearly 5 years ago and within the first year cracks started developing in the clear plastic shelves. At this point most of the shelves have cracked, some seriously. The shelves were never overloaded, but appear to develop internal stresses when cold resulting in spontaneous cracks. Similar to what others have reported, there seems to be a specific cold-induced problem with the clear plastic used in Samsung's refrigerator shelves.

Samsung Company Profile