Samsung Refrigerator

Tell us about your experience with Samsung Refrigerator:

Record a review about your experience with Samsung Refrigerator:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

I bought Samsung fridge from 2011 by Lowe' s store in Chantilly VA. Do you know, just 4 years, fridge got problem 4 times. 1st times I make to call Samsung service to fix (I have warranty), after that I fix it by myself (difficult to call). The one make noise, because, ice inside small fan. Now warranty past already, from now I have to do it if noise come back after few more month from now.. My family hate it. Want throw it away.

• add your response

Samsung model rs265tdbp - We purchased this side by side from Lowe's in July 2013. Have had service calls 5 times for constant broken ice maker. Have been told we need to purchase a extended warranty to cover it because we're out of warranty. It's a lemon and I wish I had never bought a Samsung and I will never own another Samsung, anything. Horrible customer service!

• add your response

RF4287HARS - Year old fridge. Came home, water all over floor, freezer not working. Called for repair, came and replaced some stuff. Freezer still not working and now fridge quit too. Lost all the food. Wish I would of checked reviews before buying Samsung. Will never purchase their stuff again.

• add your response

The fan began making loud noises and I called a repair man assuming that it was an interior problem and would be covered by the 5 year warranty. The Samsung refrigerator model RF263BEASR is slightly over two years old. It turns out that the fan must be replaced plus the fan cover. The Samsung person said that it wasn't under warranty so I am stuck with a $390 bill. I have had Sub Zeros that have lasted years without a problem. This is a huge disappointment and I would definitely not buy another Samsung appliance.

• add your response

No matter what we have done, it sounds like this fridge is an airplane taking off in our kitchen. It is embarrassing. We just changed the filter, again, and ran 3 gallons of water, and it still sounds horrible. I would not buy this again. This fridge is about a year old and has done this since day one. It is a French door, and other than this I love the appliance. It sounds all time of the day and night whenever the ice maker fills or you try to fill a glass of water. Called company, the last thing the rep told me was to move it away from the way. I told her if that was all she could come up with it was pitiful.

• add your response

I purchased a Samsung French Door freezer on the bottom refrigerator from hhgregg in April 2014. Here's a list of problems... Door handle didn't fit, had to get new doors. Ice maker cubes frost over. Come out cubes and crushed together, water works sporadically. Repairman been here twice, still not repaired. Water filter leaked, flooded kitchen floor. Apparently you have to move the refrigerator out and turn water off at back each time you change filter (never had another refrigerator that required that). Repairman could not roll out because the rollers on bottom of fridge have gone flat and will not roll so requires dolly to move each time you change filter. PIECE OF JUNK!!! Would not buy Samsung ever again!!!

• add your response

I have never written a online review before, but feel compelled to warn consumers regarding Samsung products. I purchased a Samsung, over the range Microwave from Home Depot (Model #SMH181613) in December 2013. The microwave stopped working in March just three months after the warranty expired. While I did not expect the microwave to last forever, 15 months is a short life for any appliance. This would not be so bad if I had not also purchased a washer and dryer made by Samsung. The washer does not get clothes clean no matter how few clothes you put in the washer or how carefully you follow the instruction for washing. My family take their clothes to the Laundromat!

• add your response

I purchase Samsung freezer in 2009 and now the compressor of the freezer not working properly. I call at service center regarding the same and they lodge a complaint and says that service representative will be visit tomorrow morning for attend the call. But I wait for 11:00 am not getting any. Complaint next day then again call at customer care number then they says that you will get a call on urgent basis. But till 7:00 pm I am not getting any call. Then Again call at customer care number then they says that the service center remain close on Sunday. I spoil complete my day for waiting the representative then I am getting feedback service center close on Sunday and finally customer care cut my phone.

• add your response

Our Samsung fridge, purchased with our townhome in 2012 has an obnoxious odor coming from it. We have removed everything, turned off, cleaned thoroughly, restarted and still the odor persists. Smell does not come from anywhere specific (that we can locate) but is strong enough to permeate throughout our house. We called Samsung and were told to check our fridge for rotten food - daaah! We are not that stupid and frankly feel insulted. Looking at comments on Google, we believe that Samsung has a problem with this unit but does not want to admit it. Any suggestions or advice?

• add your response

After 6 months the ice maker would not give whole cubes. This got progressively worse until all I got was crushed ice. Samsung replaced Ice Maker but, again, problem came back. By now refrigerator was out of warranty and Samsung would not do anything! This is probably design defect as so many others have same problem and Samsung cannot correct it. In addition. I also have spot about 3/4 in. long below ice maker where the paint is coming off and, again, Samsung says it's cosmetic and not covered. I guess it doesn't bother the company how the product looks and works after they've made the sale! My recourse is not to buy their products nor recommend them.

• add your response

A new Samsung french door refrigerator was delivered on 7/14/11. Less than 4 years later, the freezer stopped working on March 9, 2015. Today is May 7, 2015. We have been without a use of a freezer for 54 days and no refrigerator for 15 days!!! We had 7 service calls from Samsung authorized repair technicians (Sears & A&E Factory) to repair a non-functioning freezer. However, the refrigerator was working until April 21. We paid $600+ for the 1st service call + 2 motherboards that the service technician claimed was defective. After it was installed, the freezer still wasn't working. The same technician then said that it was the seal system, and so did technicians #4-7. During the 6th visit a dye was used to find the source of the leak. The next day the refrigerator stopped working!

I begged Samsung to send a repair technician but had to wait for one week for the next service call. A new compressor was installed on 4/26/15 but it still did not work. It also requires a new condenser, however Samsung won't authorize it. I emailed Samsung all requested documentation: work orders, my purchase receipt, and included a 4 page letter with details of the 7 service calls and phone calls. I have made several calls to Samsung Executive Customer Relations begging for a quick resolution. I am still waiting for a resolution, 8 days later. I have requested compensation for the loss of food but it has fallen on deaf ears.

Our family of 4 adults has been eating out daily, thrown out lots of food, purchased 20 lbs. of ice every other day, experienced loss of wages due to 7 service calls, made numerous phone calls to overseas call centers which are frequently disconnected. It has been a torturous, stressful experience, which would have been tolerable if Samsung had resolved this matter weeks ago!!!

• add your response

Side by side 2 years old freezer stopped working, Food spoiled, noisy and doesn't hold correct temp in refrig. We are on a fixed income and will NEVER buy a product from this company again.

• add your response

It only takes one bad experience. With that said I will never ever buy another Samsung product again after this last experience. For the last two weeks I've been dealing with Samsung and the most awful, horrible, unprofessional customer service in 2015. They refuse to just take care of a customer as a priority. My $3600 refrigerator that is less than two years old and all I get is "Ma'am we will get back to you." "Ma'am you will have to wait 24 to 48 hours." "Ma'am you will have to wait 24 to 72 hours." "Ma'am it's being processed now." "No ma'am you cannot speak to supervisor." "I heard what you said ma'am. I will not let you speak to supervisor!!" Oh and "Ma'am you will just have to wait for your refund. We don't know when that will be." Most disgusted by the Samsung Company.

• add your response

We purchased a Samsung 4 door refrigerator Model RF31FMEDBSR "the BSR must stand for the BS run around they will give you" at Best Buy Jan 17 2014 - amount was $3,000. The ice maker stopped working March 20th 2015. Went online looked at customer support did all the things they ask you, reset button check! Pull out it and look at water lines check, etc. Two weeks later my 6 month old Samsung Microwave starts going off and on turns fan on when I'm out of the room and is flashing error signs. Call Samsung, set up appointment for the microwave. They say they will check out the fridge, why they are here. Get a call from service repair next day saying fridge out of warranty. It was made in May 2013 and out of warranty in July 2014! When does a warranty start from a manufacture start at manufacture date, and not the date sold? Have called customer service talked to higher ups with no help. Will never buy another Samsung product!!!

• add your response

Three years after purchase my Samsung side by side completely quit. I contacted Samsung they told me I needed to purchase their protection plus extended warranty which I did. I have had nothing but hassles dealing with Assurant. There is no one in my city that will work on the unit. I have to bring someone from another city and pay travel time. I have done this three times now. I have been without a working unit since November 2014. Samsung built a lemon and they could care less about my hardship. I have spent over $800 in service fees and it still is not working. I will never buy another Samsung product again nor will I ever do business with Assurant insurance company again. I recommend you don't either!!!

• add your response

Right after the 1 yr warranty ran out the refrig froze up. We had called the repair line and were charged 180.00 to have a metal tab added to the defrost coil to keep the drain from freezing. Lasted 3 months. We have had to defrost the refrig every 3 months for the past 2 1/2 years.

• add your response

Long going problem with the refrigerator building ice and the drain system clogged. I wrote a complain back in September 2014. Every two weeks I have to melt the ice with my wife's Blower and drain hot water to the draining system. I can't do this any longer I'm sick of it. I didn't buy a New refrigerator to be a SLAVE of it. It was supposed to service me. Not the other way around. My question to Consumer Affairs is why hasn't the U.S. Government taken action against Samsung? Many other complaints as the same as mine.

• add your response

I've had this Samsung (Model RS277ACPN) for 4 yrs now. It's a replacement for the first one I purchased in 2007, in which the motherboard became inoperable. I've been finding plastic bits/shavings in my drinks. I have discovered it's a result of plastic parts that have broken or fallen apart. At first discovery, I choked on the tiny piece. I cleaned out the ice compartment and discovered the broken plastic mechanism. I would recommend they replace these parts with a metal alloy to prevent someone from choking and filing a lawsuit. Despite this problem, I still like my Samsung products. I also own a Samsung washer, dryer, and television which have served me well.

• add your response

I bought new Samsung refrigerator 192 ltr and just used 7 days. Now got a compressor problem.

• add your response

Samsung Refrigerator Won't Defrost RSG257AARS - Bought Samsung 12/12 at Best Buy on payment plan. From the beginning I dealt with Best Buy, trying to get help. The back of the freezer and all the way down, the ice maker has ice on it. The ice maker does not produce much ice. It makes a lot of noise.

• add your response

On Apr 2013, we moved to a new house and bought Samsung RF261BEAESR. Thought it is brand name, the quality is good except one screw on the handle always loose, everything was ok. About earlier last year (2014), when I pulled out the deli tray, realized ice build up under deli tray. I cleaned it and thought maybe because it is too cold, did not really pay attention. About few month later, I did cleaning again. This time I found a lot of water under deli tray, I still did not realized it is quality problem. Then few days ago when I started cleaning, I cleaned out about 1 gallon of water from bottom of deli tray. Then I called customer service, they said I already passed 1 year guarantee, they cannot do anything.

I told them this happened just few months after I punched, because it already builded up ice. If I did not pull out deli tray, I won't never find water leaking. The customer service just gave me a phone number to call, told me cost at least $399 plus tax. Then later I called back again, same answer. I ask if I can talk to manager, she said she is manager assistant. Help customer service, gave me the same phone number. I told her I cannot believe Samsung has poor quality, before I bought $400 refrigerator, never had any problem. I spend over $1600 on their product, just few months later, already found water leaking. This is unreasonable. I will never buy any Samsung appliance anymore.

• add your response

We have purchased a four door Samsung refrigerator which in less than a year of usage the refrigerator section no longer was cooling. Called Samsung Customer Service and after spending 45 min on the phone I was transferred to the Executive Customer Relations only to answer a myriad of questions that were already answered during the first call and supposedly documented in the service ticket. The Executive Customer Relations could not provide much assistance except for providing the names of two Samsung approved service centers; however, conveniently forgot to provide a service to be provided to the service center. Therefore, when I placed the call to the Service center I was informed that without that number they cannot assist.

Called Samsung again, only to go through the same process described above and waste another good hour on the phone to obtain the service ticket number. Called the Service Center and 48 hours later, a technician showed up; however, due to the size and location of the refrigerator he could not assess what needed to be done. He placed a call to the Service Center to re-scheduled the repair and at the end he informed me that he is going to be on site on the following week on Wednesday at 8 AM along with his supervisor **.

Wednesday came and at 8:30 AM I called ** to see what time he'll be on site only to be informed that he'll be in at 10AM. At 10:30 I called their center and was informed that they will not be in till 11AM. They showed up at 11:30AM. The unit was checked by an experienced technician, not Samsung, and later on he provided me with the technical bulletin from Samsung showing that this unit has two independent compressors and it is 'Not-serviceable'; however, the Samsung service technician said that they can fix it. After they checked the refrigerator, both technicians agreed that the unit cannot be fixed.

• add your response

I bought a Samsung refrigerator. I paid $1,200 and after 3 months it began to give me problems with the water dispenser and ice maker. It began making very loud noises. I called Samsung and they keep telling me to do the same thing until now after 1 year the guarantee is over and now they are telling me I have to pay to have someone come see it and it has been the problem since we bought it. I really would not recommend Samsung appliances to anybody.

• add your response

RF 217 /ACRS - We bought the refrigerator Dec. of 2012. In Nov. of 2013 we had to have replaced a evaporator assembly cover, a defrost temperature sensor and a evaporator drain clip because of water in our crispers. In Jan of 2015 we start having ice in the bottom of our right crisper, also the part under the crispers were a solid piece of ice. I called and spoke to a Samsung rep, he gave me some tips that might help solve the problem. Did not work. We called Sears they had a technician that fixes Samsung come, again the evaporator assembly cover was replaced the FF section drain was plugged, frozen repaired per SB water kit.

• add your response

Refrigerator RM255LARS - The drainage pipe in the back got plugged and caused a back up and water drained onto new floor and damaged it and the subfloor. Since that issue it has had 2 motherboards replaced as well as back fan assembly. It still sounds noisy and noise comes and goes. I am wondering if tipping this unit on its side while moving it from one location to another has anything to do with this. Nobody can answer this for me.

• add your response
Samsung being the best brand name in the market and having a good reputation, we had purchased refrigerator on 24th February, 2015. Model no: 45H5809SL

Serial no- Price: 48800/- Merchant name - ALFA Vile- parle West. With reference to the above subject the day from when the day from when the refrigerator had been installed it's not functioning properly, the vegetable tray which needs to keep the vegetables fresh is forming Ice and spoiling all the vegetables. There are several occasion wherein the technician have visited our residence to check it but rather than getting a solution for the issue they advise us how to keep and store the vegetables. The main issue of the technicians, whoever visits is that they can't resolve the issue but in return they keep advising us how to use the refrigerator, seems like it's the first time that we have purchased the refrigerator and we are unaware of using it.

Very sad and disappointed experience that we have faced in these months due to the Samsung refrigerator purchased. I would request the company either you'll resolve the issue ASAP or else replace the refrigerator. I have always experienced a good customer satisfaction from Samsung, hoping that you'll keep it up to the mark. Kindly please revert ASAP. Thanking you.

• add your response

We purchased our Samsung in August of 2014. We were gone for an extended period of time and the fridge was barely used and was off most of the time after delivery. We returned in mid March and a couple of weeks ago in early April 2015 I placed a double wrapped (plastic and butcher wrap) package of frozen fish on a fridge shelf to thaw for cooking in a couple of days. Two days later, when I went to the fridge there was a terrible odor... fish. I noticed the thawed fish had leaked and spilled all over the shelf and down into the drawer below. I removed it all and cleaned it up and tossed the fish too sickened to cook it.

About 4 days or so later I noticed that the odor remained. I recleaned the entire fridge. I noticed that the shelf on which the fish leaked, the one that I had cleaned thoroughly now had a reddish brown stain all along all sides under the tempered glass between the shelf frame and the glass. Ok, I thought, I must remove the glass BUT the glass is sealed into the frame and I could and cannot remove it for proper cleaning. Now, the clear fluid that leaked under the glass has a reddish brown color which indicates to me that bacteria were feasting on the fish juice that spilled from the package. I was alarmed and ran hot water from the faucet directly onto the shelf sides. NO LUCK! I then tried soaking the shelf... one side at a time, in my sink in hot soapy water. STILL NO LUCK. I called Samsung, live chatted with Samsung and submitted emails and called my appliance dealer.

We purchased an expensive 5 year warranty for service. I thought they would make this right. All of the shelves, freezer and fridge are sealed. You cannot clean any spilled liquid!!! I even tried inserting a single edged razor blade under the side to let water in but it would not. I asked Samsung for directions on how to clean those sides of the glass. THEY SAID THEY HAD NO SUGGESTION. My appliance dealer also said they could not help. After approximately 8 hours on the phone with Samsung I now have a refrigerator that is a bacteria factory and cannot be cleaned. I am going to report this here and now I am going to search out a class action lawyer who will take this case.

I have NEVER owned a fridge that did now allow for cleaning of the glass, or if sealed, did not allow fluid leakage. SAMSUNG HAS A DESIGN FLAW. If you care about your health and the health of your family DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE HEALTH RELATED ISSUES. Samsung offered to send out a service person. HOWEVER, if this was a "cleaning/maintenance" issue, I would have to pay for a $55.00 charge. Do not even try going into their self help or request for service by phone or online. Both methods ultimately shift you back into a service request "circle" of forms that grow more complicated.

I spent more than four hours on the link that I was given that would "solve my problem." I took the link and filled out all the information, uploaded photos of the problem (bacteria growing) and scanned and uploaded my sales receipt. It then flipped me to a self-help page that one could NEVER escape from until Samsung clocked you out. If you are human, like me, and occasionally spill liquids in the fridge, DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG, IT WOULD BE SAFER TO BUY AN ICE CHEST AND A BAG OF ICE IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR SAFE FOOD STORAGE. That's it, I'll never buy another Samsung product! Now, I'm off to find a class action lawyer to make them fix this problem. I've felt nauseated ever since noticing this reddish brown bacteria. Don't know if it was/is the bacteria I can't remove or the stress that Samsung has caused!

• add your response

I purchased side-by-side model #RS263TDWP/XAA01 in July of 2013 for $1379 from Sears. We have been quite happy with it until recently when the upper shelves were not getting cold (70 degree temp reading; the bottom at 46-55 degrees). There was some recent unusual noises in the fridge prior but subsided; phone tech suggested leveling but it is level. The doors close and are aligned properly. That was not the problem.

Tech was sent to service the refrigerator and after electronically testing the unit announced it was the defrost sensor that was out (DA32-00006W). Obviously we had to replace- BUT NOT COVERED!!! The 5 year warranty is on the sealed refrigeration unit only not including the electronics needed to operate. REALLY!!?? Samsung is an electronic based company and this happens? After 1.5 years, an electronic part goes out and I have to pay for this $28 part and $220 labor!!? And to make matters worse, the tech advised this part will last longer than the original one that was installed planned obsolescence?! How long is this part going to last? I have a 20 year old Kenmore that has never had a service call!

I have purchased smaller Samsung electronics with no issues but really am concerned about this appliance and any other major appliance that I will be in the market for in the future. After 3 emails explaining this situation, I rec'd a 'Thank You' and 'Hope we helped'...no help only offers of future advertisements. After 40 minutes holding on the phone, did talk to a nice agent who noted my frustrations...only to rec'v another email the next day - that it is not covered. No Samsung appliances for me!

• add your response

Like many other comments I have been reading online, our Samsung French doors/bottom freezer also has severe condensation behind one of the vegetable crispers. We don't even have the water line hooked up for the ice-maker either! We have had this "appliance" less than two years! Never again Samsung!

• add your response

I hate my refrigerator. It leaks water into vegetable drawers and freezes into sheets of ice an inch thick. Sorry I did not read reviews and see that this is a common problem with no support from the company. Next time I will read reviews. Anyone reading this PLEASE consider another company.

Samsung Refrigerator Company Profile