Samsung Refrigerator

Tell us about your experience with Samsung Refrigerator:

Record a review about your experience with Samsung Refrigerator:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Suddenly after 4.5 years the controls on our Samsung model RB194ACRS fridge have gone wonky. The freezer goes away down below the set temperature, the temperature indicator on the door gives the wrong temperature reading, the child lock is on, though not selected. As a consequence the crispers freeze and the defrost water running down the back wall freezes in or under the crispers. The drain issue can be 'solved' by defrosting or adding a part, but with $300 invested in a new fridge sensor, a new freezer sensor and a new motherboard, we are at the end. The authorized Samsung service people do not believe that a second replacement motherboard will change anything and so it is new fridge time. It won't be a Samsung.

• add your response

Unit locks up and won't function properly. Display will show all is well but food gets soft in freezer. You then run diagnostics function and it shows all is well. Next step is to unplug unit for 90 sec. then power up and hope that fixes it. Ice maker was junk from the start. I'm on third ice maker assembly and possibly the 5th tray. The older the unit gets, the more defrost problems we have. I am replacing main board today. I hope it's upgrade and not just a new set of problems.

• add your response

I have a Samsung French Door refrigerator in white and just started noticing what at first looked like food or grime on the front left door at the bottom of the ice maker where it fits into the door. I started cleaning it and couldn't believe it - it was RUST! I have never seen rust on a new refrigerator. I purchased it in Jan 2013 from Pacific Sales. The ice maker drips constantly and the fridge makes a loud buzzing noise sometimes. I wanted to see if anyone else was having this same trouble before I call Samsung, and I can see that a lot of customers have the exact same problems as me.

I'm not sure what to do at this point because I know it's out of warranty now. Another possibly dangerous situation - now that the paint is coming off where the rust is, I've already shocked myself touching where the bare metal is. I wonder, could I (or my kids) get electrocuted if there's a drop of water on the metal when we touch it? Hummmmmm???

• add your response

Model number rs267 side by side, I can say that I'm having every issue mentioned thus far. Purchased 12/2010 from Lowe's and I thought I was getting a good deal. The condenser on the fridge side has been consistently freezing as of late, the fridge doesn't come within 20 degrees of the set temperature. Milk spoils in a day and a half, if that. I have water in my drawers, which I assumed was from the food that spoiled as fast as it would have if I had merely left it outside (this winter it was colder, I could have!). There's a class action suit out on them for a reason, buyer beware unless you want to throw money down the toilet!

• add your response

Purchased at Lowe's Nov. 2011 with extended warranty. 3/22/2015 fan went out. Samsung doesn't service their products in our area so called repairman from Samsung's recommended repair service on Monday 3/23. They came on Tuesday. Repairman said it would take 7 to 10 days to get the part but they didn't get back to me until 4/6/2015 - with the wrong part. The first tech got the model and serial numbers right but Samsung has several different parts with the same numbers. Now it is promised for 4/10/2015. I'm glad it's not 2 more weeks but if they can get the part in 4 days why did it take so long the first time?

• add your response

Please do not buy this refrigerator. I'm trying to save you annoyance and time. I need to know how this will end. I strongly don't recommend this product of the Samsung refrigerator. They may can make other good things but refrigerators isn't one of them. We have a loud noise coming from the back of it. The repairman told us to cut the water off and don't use it. He said they been having problems with the ice maker. But were like we paid extra for the ice maker. Do you think everybody need to get together and do a lawsuit for them to finally do a recall back on this product?

• add your response

We spent a lot of money for this and it hasn't been what we hoped. Removing the protective film was difficult. There are still small pieces of it wedged in various places after three years. The material at the base of the cup holder scuffed within the first month from merely placing a cup to get water. I have been unable to find anything to cover the scuff so that area looks permanently nasty. No children are in this house so it wasn't rough handling that caused the scuffing. The frost free freezer is not. Ice feathers had grown to where I had to unpack everything, wipe it off with towels, allow the freezer to thaw and remove all ice and water and then repack. At that time, I cleaned all of the seals. For three weeks, the freezer was fine, and now it is as bad as it was before with ice feathers. Whenever I remove something from the freezer, ice chunks fall on the floor. I guess I will have to defrost the frost free freezer again.

• add your response

Thanks Again Samsung USA. Well here I am again folks. I talked with a Supervisor from the Executive Desk about my problems with customer support and about the Fridge (Samsung French Door Refrigerator RF323TEDBSR/AA). Wow can you believe they are truly a company that will buy back your product for less than you paid and they stick together on all levels of Customer service? And after talking with him he also tells me I have 14 days from the date of the email of the offer from them and that's the end. Another WOW. So here it is -- 2017.00 Samsung French door Refrigerator, 80.00 Delivery, 15.00 new water line (required), 370.00 Extended warranty, 148.00 Sales tax -- Approx. 2622.00 Total spent 1 1/2 year ago. They are willing to buy it back for 756.00. Should I be happy??? I can assure you I am not.

If they admit there is a problem and their warranty ran out last August, why would they be willing to buy it back??? And I am suppose to accept this GREAT LOSS? Not without a fight. I have made many calls to them and emails to get paperwork to them, faxes to them on the same paperwork. And was asked again today to email the original contract again, 4 emails-efaxes they didn't get, 2 phone faxes that didn't show the total price. But this final email today showed it all to the young man I sent to while I kept him on the line.

So tell me should I just let it go? And top of it all, their policy is before that refund can come, you have to cut the cord from the fridge, wrap it with labels from inside fridge with S/N and model around the cord and take a picture and wait on your refund. Now common sense tells me that if I do that I will lose all my stuff in the fridge and freezer and wait till their refund arrives and then purchase a new fridge plus fork out about 850.00 to replace it with what I bought 17 months after I bought it originally. I wish I could make some sort of sense out that policy??? Would love some feedback on this and would love for anyone with this sort of issue to also SHARE this so others may avoid what we are going through. Thank you Samsung USA.

• add your response

Samsung rb215acpn - Water in vegetable crisper 2 months out of warranty. Would not budge about repairing without a charge. Suggested change leveling have to defrost every 6 months. On my 3rd time doing this called repairman would cost 80.00. For visit part approx $40 plus labor repairman. Advise me to call Samsung again. They should repair at no charge. Since 1st reported was only 2 months past warranty called them again. Would not consider. Advise was out of warranty. Recommend leveling again. I will never purchase a Samsung product again.

• add your response

This I'd to bring to your notice that I had purchased samsung RD 58 EASMI REFRIGERATOR in the year 2007. Till 2013 it was working fine. In 2013 the compressor conked and I had to pay rs 4948 bill no ** dated 6.7.13 (vision cool service) for repair. The machine conked again and I had to pay 2354 dated 19.8.13 bill no ** (vision cool services).

My machine has conked again and I have sent it to the same authorised service station, this time they are asking for rs 10200 for repair. The price of the compressor then was 2462, now it's more than 6500. How can Samsung justify the escalation of price of the compressor by 3 times in a span of just 18 months, and they are offering a warranty of just 3 months. I am a poor person and it's not possible to pay 10000 each year for repair.

• add your response

Bought Samsung refrigerator RF267AEBP in 2011 and has had problems with freezing the back of the inside wall as well as dripping water to the bottom of the pantry drawer. Piece of junk for a $2000 dollar fridge. Do not recommend this refrigerator and Samsung will not recognize this defect on their many products with similar problems.

• add your response

Bought refrigerator 1-13-2012.. IN 2014 AUG, Nov, and March 2015 have had the same problem. Back of refrigerator freezes up and water drains into refrigerator. I have called Samsung. I need to fax and or email times I have had it worked on. I did all of that, which I faxed and email because they couldn't read some of them. I have tried contacting them again my email. No response, 2 or 3 times. They told me I had to have it done within 24 hours. I did. Still no response by email or phone call. Not a happy camper.

• add your response

Our Samsung 26 cu ft french door refrigerator (RF267AERS) is only 4 years old and we're shopping for a new one. The coils in the back of the fridge behind the plastic panel freeze up and block the fan. The fan gets louder and louder until we unload the whole thing and take an entire day to defrost it. Sometimes the ice on the coils does melt and then it flows down under the deli drawer and inside the deli drawer because of the frozen up drain hole (also behind the plastic panel). I often have to break up sheets of ice under the deli drawer as well. The seals on the fridge doors are already breaking too! I called Samsung and gave them my model number and told them the problem and they told me to call a certified repair company. From the research I've done online that will cost me $300 and they will just do what we have done which is to defrost the coils, then it will just happen all over again. I'll never buy another Samsung.

• add your response

We had the absolute worst experience with Samsung. We called because our freezer was 2.5 years old and both ice makers broken in addition to the freezer. Our freezer wasnt staying at the correct temperature. I called to see what, if anything they can do. They advised me that there is no warranty. I requested the information for an authorized Samsung repairer (they did not offer). I was told that I would need to call and set up the appointment since I was no longer under warranty. I expressed how disappointed I was that our refrigerator was broken and was under 3 years old. He continued to reminded me there is no warranty so that was the end of that. I then called the number provided by the Samsung representative and did not speak with anyone.

I chatted with a representative over the internet and explained that I could not get in contact with them and explained that I am loyal customer of Samsung for over 10 years and am in need of assistance. He could not do anything other than tell me that my warranty has expired and that I should call the number provided. I called a total of 4 times and left 2 voice messages. I then contacted via chat to beg for help and he then provided a number to Samsung Emergency Help. However at this exact time my husband was at the house with an unauthorized repair company because we have now been 4 days without a refrigerator and have a house of 6 to provide for. The emergency repair representative said that they cannot help because an unauthorized has touched our appliance.

The unauthorized repair man confirmed we had a freon leak which was the reason our temperature was not right in both the refrigerator and freezer compartments in addition to having broken ice makers. The Freon had a 5 year warranty and when a supervisor called me back she said I should have looked at the manual and that that was my responsibility. I reminded her that I told the rep I spoke with everything and I am not too savvy when it comes to diagnosing issues with my refrigerator so I did not know it was the freon, I clearly communicated that the freezer and refrigerator temps where not right and the original rep I communicated that too agreed but still told me I have no warranty so I believed I had no warranty.

I was repeatedly blamed for not arguing with the rep about the freon and warranty issue. They blamed me for getting a unauthorized repair man, They said I should have kept calling them when I got no response from their authorized repair facility. The chat rep disconnected/hung up on me (still had questions), when I asked to speak with the supervisor - she stated, "You actually spoke with my supervisor already," and went on to explain that her supervisor passed it to her to handle when I requested a supervisor and that I could not speak to anyone else. The supervisor blamed me for not setting an appointment up through them (even after I told her I was clearly told that I have to do it). I did not raise my voice nor did I at anytime use vulgarities or insult anyone that I spoke with.

I reminded them that I was a loyal customer with over 14 Samsung products that includes appliances, phones, media equipment, and tables and it meant nothing. I suggested they at least give me a coupon to purchase something else and all was denied. I cannot and will not patronize a company that has such bad service. I talked to Samsung 3 times by phone when I called, 2 time when a supervisor called me, and 2 times by chat and I did not have an acceptable experience. I feel as if the product was defective if everything broke within a week of each other and it was only 2.5 years old. Terrible Service, no I am purchasing a new refrigerator and will not consider a Samsung product again.

• add your response

Purchased french door, freezer on bottom model March 2014. Hinge wheel broke 11/2014, cannot get it repaired because they keep sending wrong part. Dec 2014, start making loud banging noise. We're told they would replace fridge BUT someone wrote it up as "installation" problem rather than "insulation" problem. Cannot get any answers. They now say it is out of warranty (I actually told them I thought they were delaying on purpose until we were out of warranty). Terrible service! Spend hours on the phone with Samsung. Last Samsung product we will buy (we have 7 Samsung major appliances).

• add your response

RF32FMQDBSR SS - It quit cooling - the refrigerator portion will not go below 45-50 degrees. We went through multiple people. The freezer works, the top part does not. We finally after over 2 weeks get to the point from hearing from the people who order the parts, over a week later - still not parts not estimated delivery date so no idea when it can be repaired. More than 4 weeks later we are told they would just work on sending a replacement refrigerator. Then they tell us that it would be a week or two before we hear back from them again.

WE are 5 weeks with no refrigerator and no idea when we can get service. No idea where to go to next to get help or service. The worst customer service I have ever seen. They don't care. They talk nice but do nothing. I build my kitchen around this large refrigerator. This has been a nightmare and is still on going.

• add your response

Purchased RF323TEDBSR in March 2015. Ice maker in freezer (bottom) makes 24 cubes every ten hours. Specs say the ice maker makes 10 pounds of ice a day. Four days of fighting with customer service FINALLY earned me a service call when I was told that the ice maker was not broken, but defective in all refrigerators. I will NEVER buy a Samsung again!

• add your response

Purchased Samsung refrigerator in October 2012. December 2014 we were awakened to a loud noise. Since then we've had it repaired 3 times and it still doesn't work properly. Freezing behind the back panel in top refrigerator section. I will NEVER purchase another Samsung appliance.

• add your response

Bought all new appliances at Best Buy. Samsung washer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and fridge. Within 2 years I have had issues with all. Cannot get help from Samsung and their repair website is a joke. Washer always goes ue for unbalanced even with nothing in it. Refrigerator freezes all food. Dishwasher on and off does not clean well. I am now waiting for my tv to go down. Out 5 grand as I am not going to put good money after bad and I would only sell this junk to an enemy. Never ever buy Samsung!!!

• add your response

Purchased Samsung rf217acpn in 2010, had problems from very beginning. Had to put in a new computer as old was bad. That was a little over a year since I bought brand new. Had to replace the door guides in the freezer and the seal around freezer door. That was in the first year. I was really upset. Called corporate office and they said you had to have 3 unrelated defects before they would consider replacing with new refrigerator. Last 2 yrs water under drawers, ice & freezing food on back panel. Defrosting manually. Can't imagine they are still selling thousands of this defective product. Borders on criminal.

• add your response

When refrigerator was 2 years old it started making noises from the fan in the refrigerator side. Then it stopped cooling that side. Called Sears and got it repaired for $200. It was iced up in the fan area. Further research on line indicates that this is a major problem with Samsung. Many peoples are having to defrost the condenser area every nine months. The repair kept it going for the next 12 months. Now it is not cooling again. Needless to say I am going to buy another brand. I will never buy another Samsung fridge and have told everyone I know about the experience.

• add your response

I have a Samsung model rf197acrs refrigerator that has now been repaired five times over 7 months due to freezing fan and coils. It is under extended warranty and Samsung customer service is unwilling to do anything. A and E are the repair company and have not been able to rectify the problem. I understand there was class action suit for a similar problem.

• add your response

Please do not believe the five-star reviews for the Samsung FRG298HDRS model refrigerator. The owners have not had them long enough. After two years of use, the water inlet valve started to leak. Shortly after, both ice makers quit. A month after the valve replacement, it filled the lower freezer with water that spilled over my hardwood floor. Two ice maker changes later, I went back to ice trays. I will say the cooling still works fine (for now). Local appliance repair stores in my area won't touch or don't know how to fix a Samsung. In my case, the nearest repair facility is 50 miles away.

• add your response

A few years ago we had a Samsung microwave. We had to have it repaired when it was less than two years old. Repair cost about $200. Within a couple of months, the repair failed. Sorry, we guarantee our repairs for only 30 days. Thanks, Samsung. In December 2013, i.e., about 15 months ago we bought the RF323TEDBSR/AA 30 cu ft refrigerator because it had the size and features we wanted. It stopped working a week ago. Luckily, we have a 25-year old GE in the garage, still going strong. Repairman from Samsung came today. "Oh, you have to order a $200 part. When you get the part, we'll come back and install it." Another $200 or more. Service stinks. Quality stinks.

• add your response

We have a Samsung french door fridge with a freezer at the bottom. Every few months we have to get a hammer and screw driver to remove the ice build up in the freezer compartment. A total piece of junk.

• add your response

HORRIBLE!!!! I bought a fridge on the week of Black Friday 2014, the day of the delivery they called me saying it was damaged, and I would get a new one in 3 days, I let 2 weeks pass and I still haven't received a new fridge. I went to Home Depot and they called Samsung and said that my delivery address always changed to Arcadia (I live in Palmdale), we fixed the delivery address after Samsung has said I changed it, which I didn't! And they would deliver it the first week of January, a whole month after I initially ordered it. When the day of the delivery came, the fridge was damaged for a SECOND time, and not to mention the unprofessionalism from the 2 delivery associates. They urged us to keep the damaged one, we declined. We had to wait again for another fridge.

We called for compensation they promised us 200$ dollars that would take 6 weeks to process. It's been 3 months and I called them today and they said they denied my compensation. SAMSUNG is horrible, I will definitely never recommend Samsung to anybody and I will make sure corporate hears about this!

• add your response

Bought a RF266 on September 17, 2011. Now it doesn't work. The fan started making a loud noise one morning and by that night the refrigerator part had stopped working completely. Called a local repairman to come out and he told us that the freezer motor was freezing up and would stop working also. Told us to unplug the refrigerator and see if it would hopefully reset itself, but not likely. Called Samsung and they gave me the run around that they have never heard of that problem before and I have been reading all afternoon of the same damned thing almost. Even after two months of having it had to get icemaker replaced and it still acts up off and on. Samsung does suck.

• add your response

I bought my Samsung French door fridge/freezer in December 2011. It remained in good working order for about a year, giving me a supply of ice. Then the ice maker fell apart about and a few months later I noticed ice accumulating under the produce bins making the drawers impossible to open. Removal of the ice solves the problem for a month then the ice returns. Taking out the ice involves pouring in a lot of hot water; the task is annoying and not a good use of my time at the weekend. I will have to continue this task however as I cannot afford a new fridge and getting a repair seems to be useless according to other reviews.

• add your response

We purchased a side by side and for the first year it worked well. Then this rattling sound started up and the temperature rose within the refrigerator. Called Samsung and they said they would send out a repairer at my cost since it was out of warranty. They sent out A&E who said there was nothing wrong and that the sound is normal and the temperature was fine (even though my food was spoiling), then tried to sell me an extended warranty for $200.00. When I said "no" they closed up the fridge and gave me a bill for $90.00.

The rattle persisted and the temperature was now recording at 50 degrees and I requested Samsung send someone out who can repair it. I asked them to cover the cost since their recommended repairer charged me for not fixing it! They said no!! The second repairer came and saw that the thermostat was faulty and the machine had iced up behind the back panels...took 3 days to get the ice to defrost and they replaced the thermostat at my cost... 5 months later the same thing happened again... I am getting rid of it in favor of something that is far better rated and definitely not a Samsung! Will never purchase their refrigerators again because I don't want to deal with a company that doesn't value its customers by sending out dodgy repairers that only want to up sell their service and not fix the actual issue.

• add your response

My Samsung refrigerator is about 4 years old. Several times, it has simply quit operating. Most times disconnecting the power and restarting it has solved the problem. Yesterday it starting showing the error message "OF" which means it has gone back into showroom mode. This mode shuts the refrigerator down and is used in showroom situations to reduce power consumption. I researched the error code and tried all the solutions outlined on the various websites to no avail. I called a repairman and he indicated that the computer has failed and I would need to spend $600 to fix it. This was a top-rated refrigerator by Consumer Affairs. You were clearly misguided and should remove this appliance from your recommendations immediately. My last refrigerator was a Kenmore and lasted for twenty-five years with no significant problems.

Samsung Refrigerator Company Profile