Samsung Refrigerator

Tell us about your experience with Samsung Refrigerator:

Record a review about your experience with Samsung Refrigerator:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

A few years ago we had a Samsung microwave. We had to have it repaired when it was less than two years old. Repair cost about $200. Within a couple of months, the repair failed. Sorry, we guarantee our repairs for only 30 days. Thanks, Samsung. In December 2013, i.e., about 15 months ago we bought the RF323TEDBSR/AA 30 cu ft refrigerator because it had the size and features we wanted. It stopped working a week ago. Luckily, we have a 25-year old GE in the garage, still going strong. Repairman from Samsung came today. "Oh, you have to order a $200 part. When you get the part, we'll come back and install it." Another $200 or more. Service stinks. Quality stinks.

• add your response

We have a Samsung french door fridge with a freezer at the bottom. Every few months we have to get a hammer and screw driver to remove the ice build up in the freezer compartment. A total piece of junk.

• add your response

Purchased a French door, lower freezer Samsung fridge from Lowe's in 2009. I have a 25 year old Jenaire fridge in the garage that I have never spent a dime on for repairs. I had had multiple problems with the Samsung fridge, including having to replace the ice maker, some other parts that caused the fridge to stop cooling (about $400.00). The ice maker has always leaked water the first time it is used, causing stains down the front of the door & pooling on top of the freezer door. Now my newest problem is that the door that has the ice maker is rusting through, particularly around the ice maker but also at the bottom. My fear is that the insulation in the door is covered In mold.

• add your response

I have a Samsung refrigerator that I purchased about 3 years ago. Last Christmas we lost power for about 10 seconds and the refrigerator stopped working. I unplugged it and waited about 10 minutes and plugged it in again, and it started up again. Whoever heard of such a thing? I noticed one of the doors to the refrigerator was lower than the other, and scraping on the freezer door below... Ice maker is available, but I don't use it, and the cover kept falling off. Eventually the small box fell down into the freezer and I had to keep adjusting it until a friend finally unhooked it. Last night, (Sat. night) I opened the refrigerator door and noticed the temp. was 48 degrees. I unplugged again and waited 1/2 an hour then plugged it in again. It didn't work. I went to bed and this morning the refrigerator was working.

I had a Samsung smart tv that lasted about 14 months and stopped working. My repairman said it could not be fixed and he had never seen such a cheaply made tv... I will never, ever, buy another Samsung product...

• add your response

We purchased a Samsung French-door refrigerator and have experienced the same problems as many reviews I have read. Loud noises from the back, poor cooling in the refrigerator, and water leaking out from under the drawers in the bottom. We are really not satisfied and now looking to replace our refrigerator.

• add your response

Purchased refrigerator (RSG307AARS) Jul. 2012. Ice maker stopped making ice Oct. 2012. Repairman had to replace the ice maker and 2 circuit boards; this repair was warranted. Per repairman, this was a known issue with Samsung. Feb. 2015 ice maker stopped making ice again; the lever under the ice maker cover that's supposed to come down after each round of ice cubes are dumped into the bucket and sense if more ice should be made stopped working. Repairman determines the ice maker needs to be replaced again. The gears for the same lever are broken. Called Samsung, even talked to a supervisor (maybe). Samsung's bottom line - it's out of warranty so they won't do anything to keep me as a future customer. My bottom line - I won't buy another Samsung product.

• add your response

I purchased the Samsung 24.5 cu. ft. Side by Side (RS25H5111SR). Retail is average of around $1600-$1800. I had to return it to the store after 30 days. Although it was functional as far as space, it not only hissed and popped at intervals, it also had a very loud and annoying gurgling sound that was very audible. It was making sounds about 90% of the time so this one had to go! Can't imagine why Samsung would even allow their name on this type of product. At least the store was cordial about returning the refrigerator and allowing a new purchase (with a different brand).

• add your response

The original ice bucket had to be replaced as the ice in the bucket was freezing together jamming the auger, thereby causing parts to break off and drop into glass along with ice cubes. Replaced ice maker and ice bucket. New ice maker made 3 batches and quit. Reinstalled old ice maker which made sufficient ice but water would drip into ice bucket freezing cubes together jamming auger. New auger worked better than original one as the helix was round metal rod rather than flat plastic. It does a better job breaking the frozen together cubes apart so they can exit the delivery chute.

However, the water overflows from the mold towards the front of the compartment and drips down the left side wall of the compartment and freezes there and on the bottom of the compartment freezing the ice bucket in place making removal of the ice bucket very difficult. I have been closing the water supply valve a little at a time in an attempt to prevent the overfilling and subsequent overflow of the mold, and the valve is now only open about 1/4 of a turn. I am getting less overflow now, but still enough that within a few days if I attempt to remove the ice bucket to check for the presence of ice outside of the ice bucket, removal is difficult due to the formation of ice on the left side wall and beneath the ice bucket.

I notice that there is a small trough made onto the bottom of the ice maker unit that connects to an opening in the rear wall of the ice bucket compartment which probably conveys any overflow to the condensate tray where it will be evaporated into the air. I intend to tilt the refrigerator up in the front to try to insure that this drainage occurs reliably, to try to cure the problem.

• add your response

SAMSUNG FRIDGE. Over 14 months and still not fixed. Over 10 days lost pay. Over 11 hrs on phone calls. So much stuff that I had to create a web site to tell everyone about the ongoing nightmare.

• add your response

We purchased Samsung Model RS277AC April 2010 for $1500.00. July 2014 the bottom freezer drawer was hard to pull out and we realized it was stuck by a build up of ice under it. Kept getting more and more ice so we called Samsung they recommended we call Consolidated Electronics on September 24, 2014. Service man told us he knew what the problem was when we told him about the bottom drawer frozen to bottom. Charged $149.00 for a 5 minute visit. He would have to order the heater element and it would cost $30.

He said that the heater element touches the inside of the back panel and this will happen again because of a design flaw with the back panel and Samsung has corrected it on the new models! Came back with the heater and said did not need it and defrosted the freezer, put it back together and charged us another $45.00 and within three hours there was a build up of ice in the bottom of the freezer so we cannot use the drawer for storage. NEVER purchase a Samsung appliance!

• add your response

We purchased a Samsung side-by-side refrigerator model # RS2630WW/XAA from Best Buy a few years ago. We began noticing rust appearing right below the the ice/water dispenser. There must be some sort of leak, because the rust marks run down the front of the left refrigerator door. Now the white paint is starting to bubble and crack. I am very frustrated because, of course the refrigerator is no longer under warranty and I am at a loss as to how to fix the problem. We have our house on the market and planned to include the fridge with the sale of the house, however several people who have toured our house have commented on the unsightly refrigerator.

• add your response

I bought the RF26VABWP1XA1, July 31, 2009 from Lowe's. I've had back panel issues, line issues, ice issues, cooling, and resulting in replacing groceries. I had to even put the groceries on my doorstep to keep them cold but from freezing in the fridge. Replacing groceries and having a repairman to come out because of manufactures problems is very expensive.

• add your response

We were excited to buy our Samsung fridge. It looked nice, was spacious, LED lighting, and more. But we have had a lot of problems with the freezer, and so far, it has not been fully addressed. We have lost food, Samsung repair has been out 2 times, replaced 3 different parts, insulted us on the phone - and yet the freezer still has problems. When this first started, we did not realize the freezer was building up ice on the back of the drawer; this area is not visible. Ice was apparently also building up on the rails. So the freezer had trouble closing, and at some point it stayed open about 1/8" for a few days and we lost all our food. We had no idea this was happening.

We had Samsung repair come out and they replaced 2 parts. It is a long story, but we were initially led to believe we would get reimbursed for our food loss; not only did Samsung refuse to do that, but a Samsung employee actually called us, and blamed us. Apparently that person was unaware that Samsung's own repair people had replaced two different parts. Blaming us is an attempt at intimidation, to avoid paying the reimbursement. We have this call recorded on voice mail as well. We had no freezer at all for a whole MONTH - for the Samsung repair process - but I do not get the feeling from anyone I have talked to that Samsung cares about this. And the repair did not fully work.

Our problems continue, and we can hear ice dropping. A Samsung employee told us there were no complaints about our model at all, which is hard to believe because when we had Samsung repair come out again, the repairman said there was an actual Service Bulletin out on our model. He replaced another part, so that is 3 different parts replaced. Yet, after this 3rd part was replaced, our freezer continues to drop ice. From extensive observation, it seems likely to me that this is a design problem, for Samsung lower-drawer freezers that have ice cubes in the lower drawer. They overfill the container and fall out of the back. And this is not just my opinion - that the design is at fault - one of the repairmen also talked about this.

So it's been close to a year now that we have had freezer problems. The way Samsung has treated us - trying to blame us for this, and refusing for a long time to reimburse our food loss - has left us very unhappy with Samsung. They finally did reimburse us recently but only after we went to Twitter, LinkedIn, and other places. We are posting on social media (and on this website) because we want people to know what our experience is. Samsung did not have to treat us this way. I have even started a website also about this, and it has a blog too at: **. I suppose Samsung repair could come out yet again - but if it's a defective design, then there is nothing that a repairman can do.

Since Samsung seems unable (or unwilling) to help us get this resolved, we will at some point just sell this thing, at a big loss no doubt, and find some other brand of refrigerator. If you want to avoid what we have gone through, I recommend you do NOT buy a Samsung refrigerator - or any other Samsung products, if their customer service in other products is as bad as this!

• add your response

I purchased the extended warranty and two weeks after it expired my ice quit making ice. We went from plenty of ice to buying ice. The repairman came today and said I would need a control board and he is getting me a price. The refrigerator is just over 5 years. When we did have ice you never knew if it will be crushed or cubed. It is also really bad to clog in the dispenser. I was told by an appliance repairman (he did not work on Samsung) not to buy a Samsung refrigerator. I should have listened.

• add your response

We purchased a Samsung refrigerator in November 2013. In the last 6 months water is accumulating in my produce drawers. I thought a hose was not connected correctly. Sad to say that was not the case. We spent 1200.00 on this fridge and after reading that others are having the same issues something needs to be done. CLASS ACTION SUIT. (Model # RF217ACRS).

• add your response

Model RB215ABBP - I wish I had found these negative reviews before I bought this POS a few years ago. Within a short period of time the right crisper bin started holding water. It still does that! In addition, the ice maker completely broke into pieces. I have a repair guy coming today. If this costs from than $200 I will just replace the fridge. I may replace it anyway. NEVER BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!

• add your response

Samsung MODEL RS277ACPN - we noticed water coming out from under the crisper drawers. Pulled the back off and the line was clogged with ice. We thawed the line out and raised the freezer and the refrigerator temperatures. STILL leaking.

• add your response

Samsung RF323TEDBSR/AA - Appliance is only two years old. Never moved, gently used, and the water dispenser stopped working about 6 months ago. Of course the warranty is over. I will not buy this brand again. Company blew me off to Allen & Son repair and they did not show up for the service scheduled. Turning out to be a hassle. Never again.

• add your response

A year and a half ago bought new Samsung side by side refrig. Now the fan for freezer stopped working. After many hours on the phone with Samsung with no response or help hired a repair service of our choice, since the Samsung approved repair company was not able to fix for 2 1/2 weeks and also was rated very poorly. Do not ever buy Samsung refrig. This is the second one we purchased, should have learned the first time. First one broke down twice on fridge side after 7 years. Never again! Please read all the reviews and beware!

• add your response

I purchased a french door refrigerator from what I thought was a good quality company and they can't seem to get the thing to work right. The ice-maker isn't working right and the right door doesn't stay open when you want to load or remove groceries. I've had a tech here now five times and whatever they do, it's not working. A refrigerator at this price should work without issue.

• add your response

I purchased a Samsung front load washer 15 months ago and have had the same component go out THREE times. The door will not lock and so you have to hold the door until it locks. I have had to have it replaced twice during the warranty period. It went out again a month ago and they refuse to replace it again because I am no longer under the 12 month plan. EVEN THOUGH it is the EXACT SAME COMPONENT that keeps going out. Now I am forced to pay repairs on my own and I'm sure it will continue to happen seeing it's clearly a flaw in the washer. Customer service was not helpful and I was told "there was nothing they could do because I didn't buy the extended warranty."

• add your response

I purchased the "package" Samsung kitchen appliances Sept 2013. I have had a work order for repairs on each unit. DISHWASHER. Nov 2013 dishwasher gave off bad odor (I always rinse before loading). I was told to put Tang powder in the detergent or use vinegar or run full cycle without detergent. (Running full cycle would use a lot of water). Oct 2014 delete light would not turn off. Due to manufacture defect , the part was replaced, no charge.

Feb 2015 dishwasher lost its mount causing to slip forward. Installer said it had never been properly mounted. He fixed the clamps, by drilling into wood piece applied under granite counter top. He said the wood piece should have been thicker for drilling. He charged service call of $65. I do not like the lay-out of the racks for loading dishes. I have been in vacation rentals and never a problem loading dishes regardless of model or brand. The figuration of the racks makes it impossible for easy loading. The positive feature is that it does clean and it makes little noise.

GAS RANGE. Oct 2013 will not simmer from boiling position. Before maintenance replaced part I was told to (1) turn off burner and restart (2) use two burners, one for boil then transfer to back burner for simmering. Replacing the part has not altered the problem. I have to switch burners for boiling and simmering. Positive features are the plate warmers and convention baking.

MICROWAVE. Dec 2013 enamel chipped and door blackened making a popping sound when boiling water. Repaired and door replaced. No charge. A few months ago began making a clicking noise each time I press a button. I will ignore this as I am tired of all the hassle. REFRIGERATOR. Oct 2014 ice maker replaced. Feb 10 15 presently waiting for repair as ice maker will not dispense ice or release from door. I have a 5 yr warranty so will not have to pay. Obtaining a work order is very time consuming. I may spend 1 to 2 hours on phone then wait a week for repair.

Whatever happened to our old appliances that lasted forever! Oh I remember, they were made in America when manufacturers took pride of their product. I had a Whirlpool and a Sears that lasted forever! I would not buy Samsung appliances again North Trade with H.H. Gregg. The sad fact is that I do not know where to buy a well made product. I hope this will be of help to others. Unhappy in Georgia.

• add your response

Purchased Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator RS267TDDP in May 2012. Dissatisfied with the performance of the refrigerator and the no customer service received when I contacted Samsung Corporation. This cooling issue started in 2014 and the cooling issue has returned. Disappointed that they would not stand by their product. They've lost a loyal customer as I do not plan to purchase anything other products from them.

• add your response

My Samsung Fridge Model #RS265TDRS started acting up after about a one year. I noticed our milk spoiled prematurely along with other items in the fridge. I remember hearing the fan in the fridge sound louder than usual just a couple of days prior to this. It appears the coils have froze up with ice causing the fan to ice up also stopping it from spinning causing a domino affect. I will have to locate the receipt and upload at a later time. I see this is a very very common problem with Samsung. This was not a cheap fridge and to be having this issue this early is ludicrous. I have the unit turned off and am allowing it to fully thaw before restarting it and seeing how long it lasts this time. Very Very angry & disappointed with Samsung.

• add your response

This fridge is almost 5 years old. Sometimes it freezes the milk and then like today, it thawed the ice cream! Absolutely despise this Samsung RS261. This is not even worth being a garage/basement fridge. This one is suited for the dump! Shame on Samsung for making such a horrible product.

• add your response

I purchased this fridge 8 months ago brand new. The ice maker is out again, 4th time since November and it was purchased in June 2014. Samsung will have someone come out to service it, it will last about a month, then it's out again. I have to miss work once a month to wait on appliance repair to basically "put a bandage" on it. I purchased this refrigerator for over $2,000 and I can't even get a working ice maker. I'm so angry with Samsung for selling a lemon for a fridge. I could have spent that money anywhere else but I trusted Samsung. I can see how this was a big mistake, one that will NEVER happen again. Samsung should stay out of the appliance business!!

• add your response

I bought both appliance about 1 a day half year ago from Home Depot. I found the dishwasher tends to clean dishes well. Started last week, the refrigerator (rf263beaesr) started to have problem - the refrigerator was too cold. I unplugged it and waited for half day, and plugged it back. I found water was leaking from the water filter area. I found the water reservoir was broken. The refrigerator still way too cold, everything was frozen in refrigerator. My impression is that Samsung makes good-looking products, but the quality is really not up to the par. I'll not buy Samsung products for a long time.

• add your response

Ice dispenser went crazy and was dispensing ice inadvertently into the kitchen floor. 542 dollars later, new front panel with control board, now will not make ice. A&E/Sears made an effort to repair and 3 days later, still no ice. Repair tech said there is a service bulletin if my unit was made 2 months earlier, but parts are still over 500 dollars. To schedule a Tech, usually takes another 2-3 weeks also. Junk is a conservative adjective for this refrigerator. I have read many reviews of consumers with the same problems. I think it is time for a class action law suit against the manufacturer.

• add your response

I also have a problem with my freezer/fridge, a repair man had been out twice. All he does is defrost it with a blow dryer, the drain does not work properly so the bottom of the freeze becomes a skating rink and you can open the bottom drawer. When this happens, the fridge also quits working so I have to take all my food out and put it in a ice chest, put all my frozen food in another freezer and defrost it for 1 to 2 days. I do not feel I should have to deal with this. About every two weeks it freezes up, so I do not even use the freezer part anymore, my unit is two years old, very very very unsatisfied. Samsung or Conns appliance need to give me a new one of equal value but definitely not a Samsung brand.

• add your response

I bought a Samsung side by side and it's only two years old and the Freon is leaking and I'm calling a guy up to come and see if he can fix it because they said they would cover it. We will see. If I knew this I would not buy a Samsung because what you pay for it. I'm renting one now. Don’t buy a Samsung.

Samsung Company Profile