Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 2 stars5%
  • 1 stars22%

Mohawk Flooring(844) 818-0353 www.mohawkflooring.com

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Rob, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring--thank you so much for sharing your experience with your SmartStrand carpet! I'm really glad the carpet has provided that soft, natural feel you were looking for, and that its quality and value stood out from other brands. I hope your family enjoys the carpet for years to come! Thank you again for your review, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I had a carpet from Mohawk Flooring installed in the bedrooms in my home. The cost and quality were good compared to other brands. I bought a SmartStrand product, and the fiber feels more natural than everything else. It's the main reason why we bought it, and it has certainly met my expectations.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Alyssa, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I just want to say thank you for letting us know that you're loving your SmartStrand Silk carpet! We're so happy to hear that its beauty and easy cleaning are real stand-outs for you. Thank you again for your review! Take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

Mohawk Silk Strand - I love my Mohawk brand carpet! It's easy to clean and looks great.

We went to the carpet store and looked at a few other brands prior to going with Mohawk Flooring. Their cost was better and we like their carpet, as well as its color and feel.

We wanted our small TV room to get carpeted and while picking, the one from Mohawk Flooring was recommended by the furniture place where we bought new chairs from. We got the extra padding underneath as well. The carpet works great and is very nice and comfortable and we can see a big difference from the original one.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Janey, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I wanted to say Thank You for your review of Mohawk carpet! I'm glad our product offered the color, quality, and plush feel you were going for. I hope your family enjoys the carpet for years to come. Thank you again Janey, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

At first, we went to a number of stores to look at different carpets, and what we had Empire Today put in for us had the color, quality and thickness that we wanted. Once we saw that carpet, we liked it.

We looked around quite a bit for tiling and then when we walked in the store, we saw the Mohawk tiling. It was on display and my husband and I liked it immediately. It's tile but it looks like distressed wood which was perfect and it was exactly like what we were looking for. We're very happy with the product. Also, we were really pleased with the two gentlemen who installed it.

I purchased a little tile-patterned carpet from Mohawk Flooring. The cost is around the same as the other brands, but I decided to choose Mohawk Flooring because of the pattern and quality.

If I'm spending a lot of money and putting it in my home, I want a quality brand that'll last, and I like Mohawk Flooring. Their carpet is a good one because of their brand and I'm very pleased with it.

I had Mohawk carpeting installed on the steps in one of my rooms. They were very nice people and they helped me in making a selection. It looks great and I'm enjoying it. Then I purchased another style. I'm very pleased with Mohawk, basing on the carpeting I've had over the years in different homes. Everything has met my expectations and it's great. In the future, if I need a replacement carpeting for another room, I'll certainly consider Mohawk again.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Linda, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. First I want to thank you for providing feedback on your carpet! In terms of vacuuming, I wanted to share with you the list of vacuums that we've tested on our premium soft carpet and that homeowners who have this kind of carpet have recommended to us: https://www.mohawkflooring.com/assets/files/mohawk_caring_for_carpet.pdf
You can also contact our Technical Services team with any questions about your carpet or about vacuums: they are at product_tech@mohawkind.com or by phone at 888-387-9881, option 2.

Thank you again Linda, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

We bought the Mohawk carpet for two reasons: first was the color and second was the feel. It feels so soft, it's wonderful to walk on and we love it. The cost and quality was great. However I'm a little bit nervous because I had to sign a form saying that I had to be careful about which vacuum cleaner to use because this type of flooring causes fuzz.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello William, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I understand you've gone through the claims process, but please know you can reach our Consumer Affairs team by calling us at 800-241-4494 ext. 28873, or by emailing consumer@mohawkind.com. Your retailer or Mohawk will be able to assist you with any questions. I apologize again for your experience, William. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

We moved into our brand new home around three years ago and paid for quite a few upgrades, with upgraded Mohawk carpet being one of them. Within the first year we noticed that the carpet looked years old with wear patterns so we called the company that had installed the carpet during the building process. Upon inspection they contacted Mohawk because it appeared that in our dining room area a large area of the carpet had come away from the backing. An inspector was sent who in turn sent a sample to Mohawk, to their credit they agreed to replace the carpet. Fast forward to installation day, all of our furniture is moved out of all of the bedrooms, living room, dining room, etc..

Once all of the old carpet is removed the new carpet is unwrapped and it is determined that part of the backing is already detached on the new carpet. A phone call is made and the decision is to put all of the old carpet back down while we wait for another "upgrade" for our inconvenience. After 2-3 hours the old carpet is back down and the furniture is back in place (vacation day wasted). Once the new carpet is in stock we schedule another day with the installers (another vacation day). The process of furniture removal, old carpet removal, new carpet placement, furniture put back into place takes several hours. The carpet looked great for around a month. I noticed that every time we vacuumed there would be strands sticking up everywhere, we decided that it was probably because the carpet was new and went about our business.

I started noticing distinct lines in the carpet that turned into full separation so I contacted the installer again and sent pictures, they in turn sent the pictures to Mohawk. Another "independent" inspector was sent to look at the carpet. I explained what had happened the first time with the separation on the first batch and the replacement that was new on the truck and was told that all carpets experience separation on the ends and that it is not at all unusual. I thought it was odd that he would start defending Mohawk as soon as he arrived. Anyway, the claim was denied and I was told that the seams need to be redone. I'm angry, frustrated, and seriously considering getting legal advice as to how to remedy this. It's horrible that I've lived in this home that we had built for around three years, I'm on my third batch of Mohawk carpet and I'm embarrassed to have people come over because of how our carpet looks.

Mohawk carpeting I bought was gorgeous. They are excellent and I would recommend them to a friend.

We went to the floor store in Pittsburgh in Concorde, did the hand-feel test and then decided on Mohawk for our carpeting because I've heard of the name before and it was a good price. It seems like good quality and feels good on our feet so we're happy.

We recently purchased a carpet from Mohawk Flooring and they re-carpeted a part of our home. I wasn't really concerned about the cost but more about how it's treated with the corn sugar versus being sprayed chemically with Scotchgard. It's one of the big things that pushed me to buy from Mohawk Flooring aside from the quality of their product. I don't want the carpet in my house with chemicals when I have kids crawling around on the floor. So far the flooring is good and looks great. I hope it holds up with three kids and a dog.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Jon, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I just wanted to thank you for reviewing your laminate flooring. It sounds like it has been a great addition to your rec room, and I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying how it looks! Thank you again, Jon, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

I purchased laminate from Mohawk Flooring and had it installed in my home's rec room. My flooring's appearance is my favorite, it has met my expectations. I was happy with my experience with Mohawk Flooring and I recommend them.

Right now, I'm very happy with Mohawk and I would recommend them to others.

We looked at a lot of other brands, and what we liked about our Mohawk Flooring was the quality, color and design of the carpet. It feels good to walk on, and the only thing about it was that the room was bigger than the size of the rolls. And because it was patterned, it was very hard to match. But the guys who installed it worked very hard to get it right.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Ariel, I'm Laura from Mohawk. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your hardwood flooring! I'm so glad you like the floor's color and durability, but I'm sorry to hear that your installation wasn't satisfactory. If you have any questions about a potential repair, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Services department at 888-387-9881, option 3, or by email at mohawk_tech@mohawkind.com. Thank you again for your review, Ariel! Take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

We got a Crema Maple and Rockingham installed in our house from Mohawk Flooring. I liked the colored tones and style, and it appeared to be very durable. The only disappointment was that the flooring wasn't installed well. It got scratched and I don't think there's any way to repair it. But still, it's mostly good and I like the flooring.

Nielsen Carpets a superb carpet dealer. It's not the first time that we dealt with them and they always steer us right. They've been business for many years and my parents used to buy carpets from them. We went into the store and asked what would be good. I saw this particular carpet from Mohawk and the store owner said, “Oh, that would be superb.” The carpet is beautiful, exquisite in our boat and were very happy with it. We have wool runners in our boat and the carpet has beautiful color tones the same as our runners. The only problem is one piece of the carpet came in defective. The store owner is dealing with it. We have had a few family emergencies and my husband hasn’t talked to him in a month but I’m sure we’ll resolve it.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Cindy, I'm Laura with Mohawk. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience! I'm going to share your concerns with our Consumer Affairs department so that we can follow up. Have you discussed with your retailer that you would like a different carpet, and not a different color? I apologize again for your experience, Cindy. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

Ordered our Mohawk Smartstrand Ultra Carpet from Belmont Carpet & Flooring Anaheim California. We waited 2 weeks for the carpet to be made. We received it only to discover it was very yellow and not the color I choose. We're now less than 2 weeks before Christmas with many family & friends coming to our home. We are having guests through the end of January. We have already moved 15 years of our family's life's collections. So much stuff! So much work trying to move everything out of the way. Ron our sales guy from Belmont Carpet said we should go ahead and install this carpet as the installers already removed much of our old upstairs carpet before we saw the color difference. We agreed to install the wrong shade (like we really had no other choice). They said we could wait until after Christmas or when we're ready they would install the correct carpet at no charge.

Today is January 25th 2016. This carpet is terrible, with lots of issues! The first issue is the quality of the carpet, it's already showing wear up our stairs and some of the loops already have come apart. I have tried to vacuum this carpet on the raised high setting and it does not glide easy on it. Even borrowed my neighbor's fancy vacuum only to have the same problem, it just will not easily glide across this carpet! I have many photos showing the issues. I also have the original sample board showing the differences in color which is very apparent. Even the installers stated this is a big difference in color. The installers are another story, I DO NOT want them back in our home at all. They left behind many tacks and staples. I have them in a zip lock bag with photos of all of this mess (lots of tacks).

As we had several small children and one baby over for Christmas and fortunately we found the tacks and staples before they embedded in their little bodies. Poor craftsmanship. We own vintage and family inherited furniture and now finding them very rickety and some scratching on my furniture. Also scratches on our walls and doors which are all new. There is much more about these installers and what we went through with them! Back to the carpet, I don't see how another roll of this same carpet is going to be better, other than the color. After what our family has went through, I do not want this carpet and would like my money back to purchase quality carpet for our home. Belmont Carpet and Flooring installed our wood flooring a few months back and did a excellent job with the wood flooring being my favorite. Totally different installers too!!! PLEASE we just want our life to get back to normal, hope you can help us! Thank you!

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Vicki, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I'm asking our Consumer Affairs team to look into your claim, and we'll follow up with you very soon. I apologize again for your experience! Take care, Vicki-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

I purchased mid grade Mohawk carpet for my three bedrooms. Within the first week, there were ripples in each room. The installer come back, re-stretched the carpet. After another week, the ripples came back, the installer said they can't do anything else, that it was likely the carpet had a problem with the backing. Within the first two-three weeks, the carpet began to look extremely worn. Lowe's flooring manager came and said it shouldn't be wearing this much. Filed claim and Mohawk said to have them prof. cleaned, problem continued. Mohawk rep looked at it and said I need to vacuum more often, my usual once a week was not enough.

I purchased vinyl flooring from Mohawk and had it installed in my investment property. At first, I looked at a couple of different brands, but Mohawk's value for the dollar, as well as the appeal of the flooring pattern, made me choose them. I also looked at quality because I wanted scratch-resistant stuff, so ultimately, I made the decision based on what I thought was durable.

Mohawk then had the style of ceramic tile that we liked for our kitchen but we couldn't find it cheaper until we found this dealer and they come in cheaper. I was surprised of the customer service. They told me exactly what I want, sent me emails and delivered them the way that they needed it. Everybody was very nice and the whole experience was really good. I've already recommended them.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello there, I'm Laura from Mohawk. I'm really sorry to hear about your concerns with your laminate. If you'd like to provide some info about the product and place of purchase, our Consumer Affairs team can follow up with you. Just enter in the info at the following site: http://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm very sorry again for your experience! Take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 23, 2016

We needed light flooring because the downstairs is dark and Mohawk had the best color so we went with them. We had laminate installed in the bedroom, bathroom and hallway of our home. It looks like old barn wood but shows dirt very easily. It's not supposed to get wet and we don't really get it wet, but there are drops on the floor and it bothers me. And I don't think it's as durable as I thought it would be because this has showed some scratches already. We have stairs going down so we bought flooring for the stairs also. And the snub nose is slippery so we have to be very careful going down the stairs, but that's another problem.

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Greg, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. Thank you for your review of your new carpet! It's great to hear that you're really happy with it. I hope you and your family enjoy the carpet for years to come. Thanks again for your feedback, Greg, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

Mohawk Flooring installed our wall to wall carpet. They're very good and I would definitely recommend them. We are still at the beginning and so far we are very happy. Of course, hopefully, it's going to last a few years.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Bob, I'm Laura from Mohawk--I'm so sorry to hear about the tile used on your walls. We'll follow up with you about it if you'd like to send us some information about the tile and where you bought it. You can send that info here: http://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I apologize again for your experience, Bob! Take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

We got some tile from Mohawk Flooring. We had the 24 by 24 installed in the entire house and then to get the other side, we installed 12 by 18 and some in the bathroom. We shopped around, looked at quite a bit and their colors were what we were looking for. The floor was excellent while the walls were second rate compared to the floor tile. It should have been as square as the floor tile.

I went into a local reputable dealer, looked at a bunch of different things and ended up with a carpet from Mohawk Flooring which we had installed in the living, dining, stairs, all upstairs, bedrooms and hallway, anywhere that there were carpets. The ones that I was considering are right around in the same ballpark but I wanted to make sure they're builder-grade and something that would last. I also looked at ones which are more of a synthetic kind that is somewhat new on the market and all the rage. However to me it hasn't been around long enough so I don't know what's going to happen in 15 years down the road. I wanted some quality so I went with Mohawk's product. I also chose them because of the feel, density and color of their carpet. The guys that installed it also moved stuff for us, worked darn quick and vacuumed when they were done. The entire experience was great.

We bought carpet from Mohawk and had it installed in three bedrooms and the hall of our home. We bought it from The Floor Store which is in Richmond. We didn't look at any other carpeting and zeroed in on Mohawk because it's easy to clean, and we're very happy with it. Brian, our salesperson was very helpful. We've always had the flat ones because I don't like vacuum marks on top of the carpeting, but this one has all this shading and shows vacuum marks. However, it feels a little warmer with the shading and is not as flat and cold, so we like that feature of it. The first carpet that was delivered was not what we thought we ordered but we were able to exchange it for the correct carpeting because of Mohawk's 30-day guarantee. We're very satisfied.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Stephanie, I'm Laura from Mohawk--I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I'm contacting our Consumer Affairs team to look into your claim, and I'll be able to follow up with you shortly. I really apologize again for your experience, Stephanie. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 18, 2016

In April 2015 I recarpeted my entire home. I purchased a Mohawk loop carpet for stairs, hallway, and upstairs bedrooms. After 3 months I started noticing discolorations on the stairs (particularly around the spindles). Finally 3 weeks ago I contacted Home Depot because spotting was getting worse. I was told to take pics with my phone and bring them in. I did this that day and was told they would be in touch. After 3 weeks and Home Depot filing a claim I received a call that Mohawk denied claim. Based on my cell phone pics? No inspector. No follow-up. Mohawk does not stand behind product. I was told to have professionals to clean it. After 8 months? And what are they cleaning? I have no idea where the discoloration is coming from!!!

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Sharlene, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm very glad to hear that you're enjoying your Karastan carpet! Thank you for your comments on its softness and quality. We really appreciate your feedback, Sharlene. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 18, 2016

We installed the Karastan flooring from Mohawk in the living room, family room, office, dining room, stairs and hallway upstairs. Also, I liked the Karastan Carpet a lot better than the other carpets that I had looked at. It's very, very soft and I think Karastan is a better quality carpet.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. Its brands include Pergo and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so that a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.
  • Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.
  • Products: The company manufacturers carpet, rugs, hardwood, tile and luxury vinyl.
  • Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.
  • Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.
  • Best for Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers and green shoppers also can find products made for them.

Mohawk Flooring Company Profile