Honda does NOT participate to monitor feedback on ConsumerAffairs and resolve your issues. Are you this business? Learn about ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

Honda

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

2014 Honda Crosstour - After 3 months the driver door trim started peeling. I took it to dealership, they replaced it. After 1 1/2 months it has started again. As a goodwill gesture they will replace it one more time. I talked to customer service at Honda and they say its not a defect even though they see it happening on other Hondas.

I took my 2007 Honda Pilot to the Phillipsburg, NJ authorized Honda service center and they recommended having the valves adjusted. When I took the Pilot to the dealership service center, it did not make any noise. After they adjusted the valves, it was making a clinking noise so I took it back to the service center. They then explained that the engine was bad and I needed to replace the engine for $10,000. Since there was no issue until they adjusted the valves and they did not say that the engine was bad when they had done the work, I can't believe that they didn't do something to cause the engine to go bad but they won't help with this issue. Any suggestions on how I can get Honda to step up to help with this issue?

I have to say that I was told that the Honda Accord was the car to get for reliability, value and performance. I bought the EX v-6 and soon found out that the front brakes are choppy every time you stop going over 30 miles per hour. Then the engine misfired at 43000 miles. That was the 2 cylinder that was later covered under the legal settlement with Honda, but my 5th cylinder misfired at 69000 miles and that was not covered. You are only covered for the first 4 cylinders and that really irked me because it cost 300 bucks for a new coil and spark plug. I am quite angry with Honda on this misfire issue and they seem to be ignoring what a real problem it is.

I am the original owner of a 2003 Honda Pilot. I purchased a 7-year extended warranty, and have had all my service done at my Honda dealership. The car has been garaged and well cared for. In brief, my Pilot has been meticulously maintained. The current issue is the SRS light has come on and Honda wants $430 to fix it. The problem is they put out Service Bulletin 06-009 on this issue in 2006 and extended the warranty on the OPDS unit/sensor for 10 years or 100K miles, whichever occurs first - but didn't send a letter notifying me of the issue. I am at 10 years 8 months, and 90K miles.

Using the extended warranty versus a recall is a "catch 22" for the consumer. If the issue doesn't show up within their timeline, you are sunk - but the customer is not notified of the issue, and the dealership is not required to inspect for it. So, it is still a defective OPDS and a safety issue, but now I have to spend $430 to fix Honda's defect. Since the car is 11 years old, this may seem fair to some, but I had the same experience with the Pilot's engine mounts in Jan 2012. Another non-publicized extended warranty vs a recall. Honda benefits if the issue doesn't show up soon enough. I've also replaced all four door actuators and all light bulbs in the control panels at my own expense. None of these issues happened with my 12-year-old Toyota Camry. I believe Honda should produce a reliable car and stand by it when defects turn up.

Recently someone I know went to a Honda Dealership in Texas for a Honda recall regarding an airbag. He dropped off the car. Later the service department stated it was completely repaired and safe to drive as usual. While driving that week, without warning the airbag exploded into his face causing him to lose control. As a result of the accident he was injured. Honda has been informed and apparently wants to pay him to fix his car some place else. Of course he no longer trusts Honda. Has anyone else had an experience of a grossly negligent repair?

In this sea of negativity, keep in mind that this site is going to be skewed towards those coming here to complain about problems. Venting is understandable. I've owned unreliable cars in the past. That being said, none of my problem cars have been Hondas. I've owned Acuras and Hondas, and others in my family have Hondas as well and none of us have experienced problems at all. And we're glad for that because that's the #1 reason we chose the manufacturer. Honda is KNOWN for reliability and low cost of ownership and their reputation is built on it.

I purchased a 2007 Civic EX w/ Nav back in 2010. Got it for a great price and it's been nothing but dead reliable. The only thing I've had to do is brakes and new tires, all around at 75k miles. Otherwise, it's been typical oil changes and fluid top offs. I've taken the car from Texas to California and back on a road trip. Again, no problems. I'm currently sitting at about 90k miles. The only real issue that I take is cosmetic. The front, passenger side fender/bumper, where the bumper meets the wheel well, always comes unhooked and pops out about a half an inch. I have to bump it back into place with the bottom of my fist from time to time. That's really it. All the electronics work perfectly and it always starts and runs fine.

Shortly After purchasing a new Honda accord sport model we noticed issues with the bluetooth so we had the dealer look at it and said there was nothing wrong with it and gave it back. The road noise makes talking via Bluetooth nearly impossible. So we brought it back again and after arguing with the manager they decided they would replace the microphone. After a week we picked up the car and microphone is still having the same issues, by now we had problems with the system disconnecting during a phone call. So after only owning this brand new car for just 3 months we bring it back for the 3rd time, and yet again the manager basically calls us a liar so we show him personally.

They decide to replace the unit with a remanufactured unit after yet another week we get our brand new car back . Well now the new unit makes the whole system freeze up radio/bluetooth. So finally we call Honda's corporate offices and they basically tell us they never heard of this issue we are having. So they tell us to bring the car back to the dealer and get the issue fixed and not to take the car back until completely satisfied with it. So we get it back to the dealer for a 4th time. They now tell us that they can flash the system with a update to fix the problem of freezing up. But there is still no fix for the original problem we came in with which is not being able to talk over the road noise on hands-free mode.

So after all the headaches and arguing and wasting of our time off of work to bring the car to get it fixed we are back to square one. When we went to buy a new car we did so to avoid time consuming issues that are not normally common while buying a brand new car. So after all the headaches and anger trying to get this issue fixed nothing has been done. I swear I will never buy a new car from Honda again after the issues we had and they way we were treated.

I purchased a 2010 Honda Fit. I had to have the battery replaced after 2 years, after it wouldn't start. 2 years later, I had to get the battery replaced again. Honda tried to tell me it was the aftermarket starter I installed, and that I drive my car only for short trips, and refused to cover the cost, even though it was only 24 months old. I contacted Honda Canada, and after a 5 page letter and copies of my receipts they agreed to refund me the cost of the battery. They did however tell me that basically if a part has been replaced under warranty, that part does NOT carry a warranty, since you do not pay for it. Stupidest pile of BS I have ever heard of.

I purchased a portable battery pack from Canadian Tire so that I can start my car when this tiny, crappy battery gives out. Now I am having issues with the locking system. Twice my car, while parked, with no keys in it, has begun to continuously lock/unlock itself. After some reading online, it looks like Honda is aware of this defective door locking actuator issue, but they refuse to acknowledge it or fix it. There is a class action lawsuit in the states over it.

The dealer had no clue why the paint on a pearl white paint was discolored and peeling. After further investigation, the manufacturer came clean as to a problem at the factory. They refused to repaint the entire car. Well, anytime you damage pearl paint, the entire car must be shot. They caused $6000 dollars worth of damage just to the paint, in touching up the car over the clear coat. This car in the condition sold, should have been disclosed and discounted. And if accepted by consumer closes deal. Without disclosure is fraudulent.

My 2008 Honda Civic has an ongoing problem with peeling and flaking paint. The recall did cover the cost of repainting the trunk, roof and hood. However Honda will not cover the cost to repaint the passenger side of the car around the windows. This paint is the worst area on the car. My dealer said it is not covered by the recall and want me to pay part of the expense. I think Honda should be responsible for making the car whole without any cost to me.

My Honda Civic Car battery is getting drained out every month... Honda is not able to figure out the root cause behind it.

We are leasing a brand new Honda Accord - 5 months old. The paint bubbles up all over the hood and sides of car - after bubbling up, it will chip off - then it appears as "stone chips" as we were told by Honda managers. We waited for over 3 weeks for a response... Stone does not cause paint to bubble up and chip off. Pictures have been taken, but does not show the "real thing". A visual inspection was made by one Honda district manager and owner of dealership - it was wrote off as stone chips. It's horrible - all over the front. Our 2003 Honda Accord was in better condition than our new one.

The customer representative 3,000 miles away from Honda had her mind made up along with Honda reps before it was even investigated. Next step - go to a professional collision/paint representative for our own assessment - legal counseling? We don't know... but we will not give up. It's a lot of money to spend leasing a brand new car and have the paint chip off. Stones do NOT cause bubbling of paint!! We are totally done with Honda - we always swore by Honda... Now we can't wait till our lease is up!! We were told paint chips aren't covered by warranty... which we understand... but this is paint chipping off and bubbling up of paint... The paint actually lifts up and then chips off... Pictures do not show the significance of the problem.

Honda messed up my hood; so sad... After this extended paint job done by them, within one or 2 weeks, I notice paint chipping so easily and they say they can't do nothing. It's due to highway driving... Normal?? I had this car on road a long time before and not had chips like this before... I contact Honda and yep, pretty much screwed... Now I have to buy a whole new hood and side fenders or try to fix... This was last year now... It's even in worst shape ever....

VSA warning light came on in my 2009 Honda Accord. Dealership said perfectly fine to drive, just a warning light. Next day I had to have my car towed to the dealer. They are telling me 4 timing teeth stripped off $980 and 4 bent valves which they can give me NO cost for except if they can't fix/replace the valves I am looking at $4000 for a new head. Mind you I have owned and perfectly maintained this car at the same dealer since brand new and the timing belt has 84000 miles now and it's not recommended to change until 105000 miles. The dealer doesn't care and I started a case with American Honda and they care EVEN LESS... HONDA IS SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

I bought a new 2013 Honda Ridgeline at a dealership. Once I hit 1200 miles, the vehicle would not start after sitting for one or more days. I took it to the Honda dealership that I purchased it at in Uniontown, PA and was told nothing was wrong. One week later, the problem happened again and I again took back to the Honda dealer in Uniontown. Once again I was told they could not find the issue. The not starting had occurred approximately 5 more times. On the fifth time, I called the dealer and Honda customer service. I was told to have the vehicle towed at my expense and it was suggested that I was making the issue up and that I may be experiencing buyer's remorse.

Honda customer service advised me to take it to a different Honda dealer since I was unhappy with the outcome. I obliged and took the Ridgeline to the second dealer to be told that I had a defective battery. The battery was replaced and I went on my way. Two weeks later, the problem of the vehicle not starting happened again. I took the vehicle to the second dealer again. They ran a parasitic draw test and could not find the issue. They changed the battery again and sent me on my way. Three weeks later, the problem persisted and back to the Honda dealer. They said the battery, the third one, had been significantly drained and charged it. This did not fix the problem.

When the problem persisted, I took the vehicle back to Honda. I asked the service manager to try something different because what they had been doing did not work. He stated that since the parasitic draw test could not find a draw on the battery that Honda would not authorize any additional test or repairs. I personally called the Honda customer service line and spoke with a regional rep who proceeded to tell me he did not have time to discuss. I asked for another representative and was told that there was not anyone else to speak to. I asked for his manager and explained that I had plenty of questions that I would like answers to. He told me that he did not have a supervisor. I questioned him on this, doubting his integrity, until he confirmed that he did have a supervisor, but he would not connect me to her or give me her direct contact information. I then asked what steps he was going to take to help me.

He said that he was going to contact the service manager at Honda and discuss. I requested a conference call with the three of us and he said that he did not have the capabilities to do so. I advised that my cell phone had these capabilities and I would do the call from my end. At this point, he agreed to do the conference call from his end. He proceeded to tell the service manager that I would be bringing the Ridgeline in the next day, which all three of us had already known, got a bad attitude, said he was "done with this", and disconnected the line.

The next day I received a call from an unavailable number that turned out to be a different regional manager from Honda. This person proceeded to tell me that I had to work with the original regional manager and vaguely gave me answers to the five or six inquiries that I had. I asked if if I could have a different case manager because the first one was deceitful and she advised that she did not feel that he had lied on three different occasions and that I had to work with him.

My vehicle is currently at the dealership and I am awaiting the outcome. I have record of my Honda Ridgeline being at the Honda garage on 11 occasions for the same issue. I also have notated dates on 8 other instances when the vehicle did not start that I did not take it to the shop. Needless to say, I am very unhappy with Honda, the dealership in Uniontown, PA, and the Honda customer service department. The service manager at that second dealership in Richeyville, PA has been very nice and empathetic to me, and has stated that he is doing everything in his power to help me, but his hand seem to be tied back to Honda for he cannot do any repairs without the proper authorizations.

I bought a beautiful 2008 Honda Accord in May 2008. Brand new. 7 miles on the odometer. I also purchased the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty. My car now registers 91,000 miles. I bought the car in Los Gatos, CA. at the dealership. I lived in Los Gatos, CA. A few months afterwards the dealership closed and now I am expected to drive all the way over to Fremont, CA. I chose Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose, CA.Every oil change, new tires, maintenance was done there. And a year ago I moved to Ventura, CA.

Now I have to choose a new dealership to change the oil, etc. so I chose DCH Honda of Oxnard, CA. From the start I have had issues with them. I am in the process of another Oil Consumption test. I found out that that, and the brakes, are the number 1 complaint on the 2008 Accord. At 43,000 miles Stevens Creek Honda installed the oil consumption software. My car is using oil. The life of the oil has nothing to do with the amount of oil that is in the car. My Life oil usage stated I had 90% but the oil dip stick doesn't even register the oil. I had only put 850 miles on the car. This nonsense has been going on for over a year. I wear a dress, I am not at liberty to constantly check the oil.

Plus, I have owned three other Hondas and NEVER had this problem with a car or a dealership. I called to have the oil changed at 40% oil life and they told me not to change the oil because Honda doesn't recommend it! Oh Please! If I want to change the oil, let me! Three times I have been to the dealership to complain. The repair manager, **, tells me my car is fine. They have been putting a lighter weight oil in the car, the oil cap clearly states a specific weight oil. What is that about? I am no genius but the obvious is there. The lighter weight oil is leaking through the piston o-rings. I need an ring job. I was told by my service advisor that they had an abundance of the lighter oil and that is why they are using it. They are telling me that they are adjusting the valves and putting in the recommended oil, and the car should be fine. The car is at 91,000 miles. If I need a ring job later, after my warranty has expired, I will be out thousands of dollars!

I have a 2014 Pilot LX bought in October 2013.. At the beginning I did experience the shudder issue as described by others between 40 and 50 mph, and then again between 60 and 70 mph. Although not extremely bad it was noticeable. At the present time the truck has 5000 miles on it, and I no longer experience any tremor/ shuddering. I have not experienced it since approximately 2500-3000 miles. I'm very happy with the truck, and have had no problems at all. Combined mph is 20.1 in the total 7000 miles, combined freeway and street, approximately 40%-50% respectively. Overall very happy with the truck. So far happier than I was with my previous car, a rav4 2008, which I also bought new.

A week ago, I had a good experience with Honda sales which included a Salesman patiently pairing my phone with the Bluetooth. A week after the connection kept breaking which was verified by the salesman. He tried to connect his own phone to my Bluetooth and was unable to do so. Subsequently another salesman tried another phone which he was able to connect. The second salesman went into the service department to see if he could get any help at which time the Service Manager informed him that Honda does not support the (originally Sprint) Virgin Mobile service and showed him the Honda Canadian Website. I wrote to the Sales Manager, explaining that: 1) I was never informed that the Bluetooth was only available with certain providers, 2) My phone had worked for a week, 3) Another salesman was not able to pair his phone either and 4) My phone clearly recognizes the Honda Bluetooth even though the Honda Bluetooth has stopped recognizing my phone. I need to be helped. Have not heard back from him. Please help. Thanks.

I am the first owner of my 2011 Honda Si, currently at 61,000 miles. I've been having issues with my 3rd gear. Occasionally when shifting into 3rd, my gear would pop out of place and cause a grind noise. There are times when shifting into 3rd gear feels really stiff. I really hope Honda will investigate into this issue.

Do not buy a Honda. Not because mine is a money pit, with lots of problems; but because beyond changing your oil and putting in spark plugs, HONDA does NOT know how to fix their own vehicles. Nor does anyone else. I've paid the dealership thousands $$$ this year and my vehicle is a nightmare. Water leaks everywhere. Carpet ruined and floorboard rusted from water damage. Several trips to dealership who told me they did not know what was causing the leak and they could not fix it and that I would have to find and pay someone else to take the seats out of my Honda Pilot in order to pull out the carpeting.

The Honda dealership could not tell me who to go to for assistance. I have to use a large tarp and bungee cords to cover my Honda Pilot every time it rains to keep the inside from turning into a swimming pool. It's really hard for one person with two hands to get a large tarp on an SUV when wind and rain are blowing around you. My floorboard is rusted!!! I used two jugs of rust remover and still can't get the rust off. Air conditioning does not work and in the summer, it gets up to 97 degrees here!!! Heat stroke ville! The dealership keeps telling me, "There is nothing wrong with your air conditioner"... so then why in the hell is hot air coming out of the vents when I have the AC dial set on the coldest setting?

Don't ** insult my intelligence. I guarantee the AC in their personal cars is blowing out cold air way better than mine does. I just paid them $378 for a new air mix motor; $452 for a new sunroof, $$$ to have not one, but TWO new windshields put in; $800 for a new timing belt, $200 for water tests, $200 for new spark plugs, $$$ for a rental car while my Pilot was in the dealership, $137 for a front stabilizer bar link; $192 for a right inner CV boot that was leaking... on and on. I'm driving a piece of trash and Honda cannot fix my damn air conditioning. I HATE HONDA!

We purchased a brand new Honda Pilot in November of 2013 for $38,000 and have dealt with vibration issues with the vehicle since new. It's been in the shop 4 times and we are now being told it's a normal function of the Cylinder Management System. They had it for a week this last time and changed a "counter vibrating motor mount" and downloaded a new computer update. The result is that instead of the intermittent vibration at 45 mph+ It now: 1) Vibrates and shudders for prolonged periods while shifting through all gears; 2) Vibrates, shudders and surges at all speeds and while decelerating.

When we told the dealer it was worse with these new symptoms, they (the service manager) said it's normal but they could put the old motor mounts back in. Next Honda steps: Wait until next month to have the area rep from Honda drive it. Meanwhile: My wife insists that she drives my car (Hyundai) and I get stuck driving her brand new vibrating Pilot. I don't blame her, the droning or vibrating can actually be felt in your eardrums. The Honda mechanic said he could feel/hear vibration in his eardrums like when a back window is cracked open. Later he agreed with his service manager that this is normal.

We are seriously disappointed in our first and most likely last Honda purchase. It's been a very time consuming and perplexing experience. BTW there are tons of stuff on Honda forums about this very same issue. Sadly it seems this is pretty common. We have filed a claim with Honda but not been satisfied with the results to date.

I bought a 2013 Honda CRV. The battery would drain after 2-3 days of sitting idle. I got it checked repeatedly at the Honda service department when I bought the vehicle. They kept saying the parasitic draw was within specification, and to disconnect the battery cables if it was going to sit for more than 2 days. So each time I park the car on a Sunday and don't move again until Friday (I walk to work), I have to disconnect the cables, or use a solar charger (I park underground heated parking at my condo). They said it was fine and just to drive it more, for 1.5 hrs at a time every couple days to charge up the battery.

Ridiculous! I own two other vehicles (different brands) and they can sit for a couple weeks and start no problem. Never had this before, and have since heard it is common on Honda's. I traded it in for a different vehicle and will never buy a Honda again. Honda Canada customer department refused to acknowledge the problem, as did the dealership.

I got transmission fluid replace at Ed Voyles Honda service center on 11/6/2012 on their recommendation. On 9/4/2013, I visited same service station and they recommended for replacing my transmission system. Looks like they goofed up something and that damaged automatic transmission. How to get them fix it?

I own a 2008 Honda Ridgeline that is at about 60,000 miles. I have taken especially good care of this vehicle with regular maintenance updates. Overall, other than the poor gas mileage (best is 20 mpg on highway), it has been a good vehicle. The problem is that two exhaust sensors have had to be replaced already at a cost almost $1,000.00, not to mention waiting at the Wilde Honda Dealership in Sarasota, Florida for many hours at a time. I can't imagine why the sensors have gone out already, and the incredible costs they have incurred. Honda has a reputation for build quality. Unfortunately when they do need repairs, the cost is an arm and a leg. Just FYI my other car, a 2010 Ford Flex has and still is running relatively problem free at 85,000 miles so far.

Steering locking up for a while then no power steering and blown fuse. Took to Honda dealer. He replaced fuse. Rode it for a while like 5 min., said it was alright. Got home, rode about 1/2 mile, it did the same. This is three weeks ago. Still no ATV to ride. Now I find out that there might be a recall on it. The dealer says he knows nothing, that it may not have a recall on this one. It is 2008 Foreman. What is wrong with this picture? The steering locked up twice. I don't know if I could put trust in Honda again after this. This is the third Honda in 12 years.

I bought a used Honda Pilot from Tyler Honda in Stevensville Michigan. I never had a chance to take it on the highway. Several days after buying it, I noticed the steering wheel was shaking once I hit about 67 miles per hour. After making a complaint to my salesman, about two weeks later, the dealer put my car on the lift and found that I had inner wear on my tires and that my alignment was out. I asked if the tires were checked before the car went out and they said their mechanics did a safety check on everything including the tires.

If a vehicle's front end is vibrating down the highway, I would hardly say that is a safe condition. The salesman said it was the service department's issue, and the service department said it was the salesman's issue. They charged me $700.00 and claim that it is a discounted price. I don't think this vehicle should have ever left the lot legally with tires in this condition on it.

I wrote a complaint before about an issue I had with the Honda dealer as they did not fix a defect in my driver's side seat belt. I emailed the problem to the manager of this dealership, and he offered to replace the part that did not work. After a week they fixed the problem. This manager, Steve, has always been quite efficient in dealing with issues in the past also.

I recently purchased a $30 Honda shirt (Made in Taiwan) from the apparel store. After one wear, the material was easily altered (for better lack of term). I returned it, received an in store credit and immediately used the credit, added $30 to that, and purchased what I thought to be a "Quality" $60 Honda Jersey. At the time I did not realize it was also made in Taiwan! No tag, only a plastic "Made in Taiwan" stamp inside! Well customer service refused to accept the return because supposedly there was no manager in store. On my way out, the salesman & I talked and he was able to talk with someone who the cashiers could not talk to, and the salesman offered me a $25 in-store credit! I basically refused, and he was surprised because he said it's usually not hard to give away $25! Without him realizing, I didn't want to give away $35 (the difference of what I paid)! I left the store, left the jersey in the parking lot and will never visit the store again! I purchased a $7K bike (cash), I purchased other apparel, accessories, gifts, helmets, even $149 boots a month ago. I felt good to be a loyal customer but too bad I didn't get the same loyalty! I was so mad I was in tears! Oh well, no more tears over Dreyer as I will shop elsewhere!

I have had my new 2013 Pilot for 6 months. Part of 1 winter and my chrome is already discolored and cannot be cleaned to look new. I still have 30K dollars to pay it off and it already looks crappy? I asked the dealer to fix the issue and they said that it was not faulty chrome, but due to Colorado weather. I have had (3) Explorers and the last one for 10 years and then 2 other cars with chrome, none of them have had issues. This is an inferior product and it really makes me question my purchase. I fear that the other parts will be at the same poor standards. I bought Honda because I thought it would be a quality product. I really fear that I was greatly wrong. I will never buy another Honda!

My wife and I were car shopping yesterday to replace her 2000 Honda Accord V6 EX model. We drove a new 4 cylinder Accord - interior and gadgets were nice but the car would surge between 5-25 mph. The salesman said he never noticed it before so we drove another one - same thing; they surge. We bought a new Nissan Altima. It was everything a new car should be.

Honda Company Profile