Honda

79%
    show rating distribution
Compare Auto Manufacturers

Research top Auto Manufacturers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with Honda:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

I purchased a 2012 Honda on October 17, 2015 which was delivered to me on 10/20/2015 with a brand new battery (from a non-Honda dealer). On November 23, 2015 the vehicle would not start. I had AAA jump it. Again on November 28, 2015 it failed to start. On November 29th had have it jumped again, drove about an hour and then it would not start again. Once again I jumped it to make it home. On November 30, I had the Pilot towed to the local dealer when it still was not able to start. They then worked on it for 22 days, put in another battery and ECM and main relay and drove it 500 miles. This was the suggestion from Honda Tech. They stated it was fixed. On January 5th and January 8, 2016 the Pilot would not turn over the first try. It would take 2-3 times before starting.

On January 9th I took the Pilot to the local Honda dealer service center, where at first they could not duplicate the issue and almost sent it home until I asked them to check to see if a the software on a starting had been updated and there was not enough power to even scan my Pilot. They then did the right thing and kept my car. This time they had it another 22 days and 200 miles. Honda Engineering supposedly flew someone out and then sent the dealer a modified ECM. Another battery was installed. I picked up the vehicle on January 30th, 2016. Some background on the vehicle: The previous owner had it at the same dealer 3 times for the same issue prior to my purchase. This is the 5th time that this Pilot has been in the shop for this same issue since May 2015. Per the service records before it has had 3 new batteries along with 2 alternators before I even owned it. The issue started under its manufacturer warranty.

On January 12, 2016 I made a claim with Honda USA regarding this vehicle. My case manager closed the case 7 days before the vehicle repairs were completed or delivered to me and stated the vehicle was fixed. I have asked him specifically 3 times to speak to supervisor. The conversation I had with him today stated that a supervisor could not help me. I have yet to speak to one and today is 2/5/2016. I have asked questions from both Honda and the local dealer what exactly was modified and why on the ECM and the dealer states they have not been told and the Honda keeps saying "Engineering" did it. They keep telling me that the local Honda Dealer Service center should be able to tell me.

All that I have been told by the local dealer Service Manager is that the parts are modified and he does not know what they (Honda Engineering) did and why. I was also told that my vehicle has a problem and that Honda does not want it public. Per my records and the previous owner's record this issue is intermittent. It has taken anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to reoccur. I understand that sometimes there are "bad cars". I would expect a company to rectify it, instead of using my car as a test to see if it works now. I called again today to request a supervisor to call me and was told I would most likely need to revoke my customer rights and hire legal help to not expect any answers. I asked if I could talk to someone in Engineering so I could get an answer on how and why they modified the ECM.

The local dealer has provided me a loaner car both times and done all work under warranty at no cost to me. Which I am grateful for. It is sad that Honda will not call me to discuss the cause of the issue and take responsibility for the problem. This car is unreliable and I should not be a test for Honda to avoid a potential recall. I drive with a jump box in the back of car just so I won't be stranded again. Not only did I have issues with the car, the first time it was at a dealer an item was stolen from vehicle and a camera was left in it.

Honda has provided no answers and the case manager they have assigned me refuses to let me speak to a supervisor, I have asked on 5 different occasions. I have been told by the local dealer's service manager there is a "problem with your car". I am very disappointed in the Honda name right now. I bought this car thinking that Honda was a good company with good cars. I am now considering going back to Nissan.

I received a letter recently advising me of yet another recall for my Honda Jazz. I do not work and to have to pay out for petrol to get there and back to my local dealership and for a courtesy car is not possible. I called the local dealership to book an appointment for my car and was told I would either have to sit in their building whilst the work was done, pay out for a courtesy car or be dropped off and picked up from the local retail park.

I am thoroughly ** Off with Honda and your customer service team. On the 25/01/16 I was told that you do not offer any sort of compensation or help to be able to leave my car with one of your dealerships for 2 and a half hours due to a recall. This is the third recall and you want me to pay out for your errors. My local dealership is out in the middle of nowhere and 5 miles plus from my home. The retail park is a small one and would not be enough to keep me occupied for two and a half hours, so that option is out. I cannot pay out for a courtesy car as I have advised. My only option now is to waste two and a half hours sat in the local dealership when I have other things to do.

This is not good customer service or practice. You ought to have a facility to deal with the situations as they occur, not to have staff read out your policies and scripted replies. I also think that nobody should buy Honda as you obviously don't know how to make good cars as you would not need all of these recalls if you did. As you can see I am not happy with Honda and as things stand will be looking to never use Honda again. If this had been a one off it would be different but with so many recalls I feel you are now taking the 'michael' as it were. I await your response.

I received a recall notice for my 2015, which I leased at Millennium Honda in Hempstead NY. I scheduled my appointment to have to recall service done, 2 weeks in advance. On the day of my appointment (12/31/15) I took the day off from work a drove to the dealership. The service agent wrote up my job, took my car and asked me to wait in the waiting room as this service can take up to 90 minutes. After 100 minutes of waiting, I was summoned by my service agent who informed me that no work had been done on my car, as they did not have the parts to do the job.

It's been 2 weeks since that first failed attempt at Millennium Honda, so I decided to schedule with another dealership. This time it was Advantage Honda in Manhasset NY. I was reassured by Stephanie who made my appointment for 1/16/16, that parts were available and that I would be afforded a free rental car due to the length of time this job would take. The day before the scheduled appointment, I double checked with Stephanie, that parts were available as well as the rental car, as I was driving a longer distance from my home. I was reassured by Stephanie that all was in place for my job today.

When I arrived at Advantage Honda today, not only was I informed that they did not have the parts to do the recall service, but I was also not entitled to the free rental car. This is now 2 different dealerships with the same outcome. I've got a brand new leased car in need of a potentially dangerous airbag related recall repair needed, and cannot find a Honda dealership that can perform the service. Shame on Honda!!

I can't turn the key in my 2003 Honda Pilot. Honda knows this is a huge problem and won't contribute a cent because the car is older & I don't have it serviced at a Honda dealership. My brother also owns a newer Pilot and the same thing happened to him. I will NEVER, EVER buy another Honda & will make sure I let as many people as possible know about it.

I have owned Hondas for about 20 years. Their build quality is not the quality of the 1980s/early 1990s. In the mid '90s, Honda went to OEM suppliers. That was the end of the high quality Hondas. If you are having issues or making a decision on buying, here are the problems that you will fix over and over: Starting issues. This is the biggest problem. These cars have a cold start issue. There is a temp sensor and main relay that just break over and over. No lights will go on the dash and no codes will come up to warn you they are bad. You have to have the spark plugs pulled to see if they are getting black residue on them.

This can happen on new plugs. Why? The temp sensor adds fuel when it is cold and cuts back on fuel when hot. It works in reverse when it starts to fail (no way to detect). This will coat your engine and emission system with fuel crud that hasn't burnt. There is no way Honda doesn't know about the problem. You can search models from the 1990s to present day that have this issue. You can keep on top of it but the problem keeps returning.

Paint. It will fail. It kills resale value. This has been going on since the 1990s. Detail shops will not wax the cars because the paint is so thin that a buffer will take it right off. Even hand waxing marks the paint. Headlights will cloud over. Over and over again. Door handles break. That is an expensive repair. Headliner will fall down. There is no way to re-attach it. They develop a leak in the cowl. This will rot out your floors. Oxygen sensor fails over and over. Radiator is plastic and glued together. It will fail in the 50 thousand range after the warranty is over. Then about every 50 thousand miles after that. There are several Honda Civics in the town I live in with the same make and paint color. All have the same problems with paint, headlights and door handles. The paint fails in the same spots. No recall from Honda.

If you thinking of buying a used Honda for your child's first car, avoid them. These are not the cars for beginners. They will end up being towed. Contact Honda America? They do not respond. They do not care. They will care the next time I purchase a new car as it will not be a Honda. I was loyal, they think nothing of loyalty. I have people that own Hondas coming up to me to tell the problems they have had with their cars. Most of the people have pretty new Hondas. This makes me think that the build quality has gotten even worse in the last couple of years. Honda is no longer worth the extra money they charge.

I bought a 2012 Honda Pilot brand new at a local dealership. At around 30,000 miles the car began to make a loud squeak and thump during cornering. We looked under the car and saw that oil was leaking from a bushing. Apparently they knew that these oil filled bushings fail prematurely for years but did nothing about it. Since I was still under the warranty I called the local dealership. I was told it was a wear part and would not be covered. On the flat smooth roads in South Florida this part should have lasted at least 75,000.

I found online everyone had the same complaint so I called the dealer again and said I wanted them to pick up the part and I would pay the labor. They refused. I said the car doesn't run like it did when I bought it and I wanted it checked out under warranty. Not only did they refuse but said I would be charged 180 dollars if they deemed nothing wrong under warranty. I called Honda corporate and got the same response after a lot of time going through the official complaint process. A lot of steam was building online about getting a recall so I waited for a recall notice or something to come out, nothing came.

About a year later I was on a long summer road trip with the kids and the ride became unbearable. I had a local trusted mechanic where I stopped replace the worn out pieces at a cost of over 500 dollars and 1 day wasted waiting on repairs. He said he would knock a few bucks off if I paid cash. I had cash on me due to the big road trip so I paid cash. I get home and there is a recall notice in the mail! It states bring it in to a Honda dealer or fill out this form for reimbursement. So I jump through all their hoops only to be told they will not issue me a reimbursement unless I give them a copy of my savings account with the exact amount taken out. I explained why that's not possible and didn't want to send them a copy of my bank statement regardless. So they refuse to pay me.

I told them "This is my 2nd brand new Honda Pilot and my last if you don't make good on this." They don't care. I told them I would call the Better Business Bureau. They said, "Go ahead." I filed a claim with BBB and Honda wouldn't even respond to them. I just want everyone to know they refuse to back their products and could care less if you're a recurring customer. Never buy a Honda!

I leased a Honda in 2013. In March 2015 I traded the Honda in on another car. The dealership obtained a payoff from Honda Leasing. The payoff check was sent to Honda. They cashed the check and sent a free and clear title to the dealership. 6 months later I get a bill for $280 property taxes. They got their payoff. Dealership got a free and clear title. I don't owe them anything, hence free and clear title. They are now turning me into collection agency because I won't pay them. Looking through my papers, they sent me a refund check 2 months after they released the title. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do?

Have been a Honda owner all of my life. The last two Hondas, a 2010 Hybrid Insight and a 2013 Civic, had batteries die at two years old with mileage under 20,000. I am very concerned. I feel their quality has gone down. Do not get me wrong, their service is outstanding. The batteries were replaced in both instances with no hassle and no cost because they were under warranty. However I am deeply concerned. Another month and I would've been stranded in ice and snow with no heater. Thank God it was caught when it was. Looking online I see I am not the only person with this complaint. I also feel the interiors are more plastic and not as lux as they used to be. After five Hondas, I think I am going to make a switch the next time I am ready to buy a car. Again service outstanding, quality of car has gone downhill.

I am driving a HONDA MOBILIO Car in INDIA which was bought by me in April 2015. On 03/12/2015 while travelling from Ernakulam to Kollam on official trip along with 3 other colleagues, halfway thru the right side quarter panel glass (glass pcs between back door and the dicky door) automatically shattered. When we checked with the service centres they said they have never come across such instance before and this can be claimed only under insurance. We are not ready to accept this. This should be a product defect since there was no other reason we could see. Has anybody else faced such a issue?

I brought my car (Honda Crosstour) into service in which I have an extended warranty and purchased a service plan. One month later I experienced a short in which all the electronics of the car went dead. I took the car into the same service center and I was told water is in the navigation unit. This is located at the back area on the right side. The first problem was the service team was not able to find out the cause of the problem. They did not provide me with options or update me that the warranty does not cover water damage. The service area open up the car and discovered water flowed into the navigation electrical unit area at the back of the car. The first words that came out of the service manager was "oh well maybe someone played a prank on you and threw water in there, I don't know how water got in there."

It's been a week. I have no car and they will not give me a loaner. They want my insurance to cover the cost which is about 3900 for the navigation unit and about another 1000 approx in labor costs. The insurance adjuster stated that this leak was not due to a minor bumper accident that I had 6 months prior. The service manager indicated that water may be leaking through there. The insurance will therefore not cover this item. So I am left without car, and attempts at escalation is arduous and stressful. This is the first time I am a Honda owner and if this situation is not resolved by Honda I will never be one again!

I am driving a HONDA MOBILIO Car in INDIA which was bought by me on 2015. On 16/11/2015 in Chennai we had heavy rain and we drove this car to court as an emergency case. But all of a sudden the car engine has stopped by itself without any reasons. Then we towed our car to the dealer in Chennai for an inspection. The service engineer told us that the rain water has entered in Engine. We all surprised to hear that. Is it possible? And we had a doubt that these HONDA cars are not suitable for rainy seasons. IF the water gets into an engine it is purely manufacturing defect. But the dealers is looking for an insurance person to change some spares. No one has intended to file a complaint in HONDA. We are not ready to accept this car by changing some spares. It will affect the home setting of the car.

My question is this. Will HONDA replace our entire car if it a manufacturing defect? We have noticed that about ten cars are in dealer's garage. We have discussed with HONDA dealer for the replacement. But no response from them. We wish HONDA manufacturer should intervene with dealer to replace the entire car. In other words HONDA should declare our cars are not suitable for rainy conditions. Such a surprise from the dealers. They are not ready to escalate this issue to manufacturer. They are looking for an insurance people to cover the cost. We need response from HONDA manufacturer to solve this issue.

I am the original owner of a 2001 Honda Accord with 75000 miles. Yes, it is out of warranty, but the transmission is slipping, it should not go at this point. Also, I brought in my car for a recall on the airbags now (never a problem), now the airbag light is on was told nothing comes up on the computer and don't put my purse on the front seat. Really? Is that the best they have? I'm disgusted, never another Honda.

I went into Honda on Rt. 22 in Hillside, NJ for a diagnosis test & oil change. The service advisor tells me it's just my battery. Ok so I wait for them to change the battery. Then he comes out 20 min later and says "Can you come with me? I have to show you something." The mechanic shows my cables are ate up from the battery. He cannot change battery without changing cables which was approximately 600 and some change which I didn't have. My mechanic states my barrings are also leaking which was approximately 700 and some change.

Now I had my car serviced back in April, they didn't see all the acid and corrosion on my battery. YES THEY DID, it was too much not to and to eat my cables from April to Oct the way it did, it was a lot of acid. Ok so I tell them "look, fix it where I can drive it and I'll pay for the oil change and diagnosis test which was $85." While I'm waiting they come tell me they don't have the parts. "Ok give me a loaner." They don't have loaners, they have a shuttle - but fine, I'm going to East Orange, OH. "We don't go to East Orange, we go to Newark, Irvington, Union, Hillside and Elizabeth." Ok East Orange is a hop, skip, and jump away from all of them - WTF.

Now I'm mad, frustrated, hungry. I get a call with bad news of a relative passing - the day is just going downhill. Then a man approaches me about a car. I go in his office, we talk. He tells me I can take a new car & bring it back Saturday. Well that sounded great at the time so I sign temporary insurance papers to cover the new car, a privacy paper in which they said it was mandatory, and left with the car. I leave out the state on an emergency, my brother brings the car back to Rt. 22 Honda in Hillside and guess what? They SOLD MY CAR, told me I would have to give the $150 to get it back. Sorry Rt. 22 Honda - you better be very very careful of them.

0-10 miles = key fob not working. 10-70,000 = one key fob fell apart the other one put together by tape. 15,000 miles = console and arm rest replaced. 35000 miles = console and arm rest tearing. Not covered. 25,000 miles = loud clicking noise turning left. Honda did not cover this. Still an issue. 100,000 miles = recall on rubber bushings, confirmed damaged but they will not replace due to the fact that there is no leakage yet. Asked me to bring it in when leaking. 100,000 miles = paint chipping on roof. $30,000 = lemon.

I owned a 2005 Honda Pilot. It was way too nice in appearance and just annoying. For one it overheated for no reason. It had coolant, a working pump and a working electric fan and it would just get so hot that the needle went past red. The dealer said there was no problems so I thought nothing of it and drove it til I could return it and just get another cheap working older car. (I regretted getting a car from Payless.) Come a few days later the alarm would go off every time I unlocked and opened the door and would take 10 minutes to get it off. I honestly wanted to just rip out the wires. It was so worthless.

Starting after that the car started pulling one side and the steering shook when I would go on a street with barely even any holes. The windows on one side stopped working and one button basically shot out when all I did was try to put the window up. I had to cover it to avoid water getting in and the dealer didn’t provide any "auto coverage" when they originally claimed to. The heat did not work. For a "luxury" car it was terrible. The leather seats were freezing and the car just shut off and made a grinding sound every time I tried starting it back up and took about 30 minutes to get it to stay on and made me late for work every day. But I mean it’s what ever.

I should’ve stuck to my 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor (best car ever). Sadly I traded it in and it makes me sad knowing they junked my baby for this trash. By the time the car was returned they claimed I "destroyed the car" when I didn’t even dare to even get a scratch on it. I never want another Honda. I was lucky they at least took it back.

Honda customer service and Jazz/Fit the worst. Parts fall apart like no other car I have ever owned, and dealers acknowledge the faults but Honda turns a blind eye. ("Wear and tear" - a year after the purchase in the first case of the same issue!) Being reviewed by Consumer Affairs, would've hoped for better. Toyota or Subaru for me.

True to Honda name, this vehicle is unbelievable in performance. Have 170K miles and it runs great. Hardly have to maintain other then oil changes, trans oil change. Takes some beating and still keeps on performing great. It is so good I do not feel like parting with it. It runs better than more expensive cars like BMW and Mercedes which are our other cars. Everyone at home likes to drive this!!! My next buy will be a new model Pilot. Hopefully it works as good as this one did.

I purchased a 2012 certified Honda Pilot from a Honda dealership in Novi Michigan and come to find out just with 60,000 miles the rear shocks are leaking and the dealer wants $500.00 to replace the rear shocks. I'm so upset that buying a certified vehicle don't mean you're covered. I'm so disappointed in the dealer and Honda quality. I could only imagine if the shocks don't hold up for 3 years, how is their cars going to last. The dealer should have covered the replacement under warranty, but I was told I was out of luck. This will be my last Honda that I will ever buy. What a mistake I have done and feel very disappointed that I have wasted my money.

Couple years after purchase, paint peeling and discoloring. Dealer swore up and down no damage he was aware of. Turned out... damaged at manufacturer and covered up. Honda wouldn't repair due to high cost of pearl paint ruined. We ended up losing 12,000 on the deal! The other car went in for trans service, came out with Honda adding something, due to recall that affects the drivability of the car. I owned the car, my girlfriend took it in and never notified me. I hate the car now. I will never buy another one, due to poor customer service and support. I just purchased a FORD F-150 and plan on selling every Honda in our family (asians). LMAO. So far treated excellent!

I phoned Honda America at 800/999-1009 to complain about poor treatment at a Honda dealership. A representative returned my call on 9/1/15, and basically said that I was not a Honda customer, that I was a customer of the dealership and not Honda. I guess that's true! Honda sells vehicles to its CUSTOMER, the dealerships, and thus cares only about its relationship with those entities, not the dealership's customers. Specifically, the sales manager played a shell game and jacked up the sales price to the same amount of the trade in value, which brought the sale price to the MSRP. This higher price vehicle was sold to an elderly disabled person. Shame on Honda!

I compared Honda America to a national fast food chain, that if tainted food is purchased at an independently owned franchise then the national company has no liability with the poisoned food that left a bad taste in the customer's mouth, so to speak. The Honda America said that was not a good comparison. I disagree. A national company makes money from the end user but accepts no liability? I made the recommendation that Honda America offer me a model year end sales incentive, since the 2016 CRV models have been delayed until the spring of 2016, presumably because of a well-documented issues with excessive engine vibration when the CRV models are idling at traffic lights. (Said one person, "I didn't buy a CRV, I purchased a massage chair.")

The Honda America rep repeated that I was not a Honda customer but one of the dealership. I strongly recommend that those seeking to purchase a vehicle not consider any Honda model, since Honda does not care about Hondas sold by dealerships. Thing is, Honda makes a profit whether individuals buy Hondas or not. Honda's customers (and thus its loyalty) are the dealerships. So why buy a Honda if no one cares about you?

The car suddenly started using 1 quart of oil every 750 miles. Then it just died in the middle of nowhere. After an expensive towing bill, the dealer replaced the spark plugs. But the car still consumes too much oil and will die out in the middle of nowhere again, so I don't drive the lemon.

Honda Amaze - The fault is in design of car. Air filter is located very close to bottom due to which water can easily enter in engine. HONDA HAS DESIGN FLAW. Honda blocks people who post on their Facebook with complaint. Honda has design flaw.

I called them several times. The pressure on the wand built up and my husband could not get it to release. They told us to take it to a repair shop. I told them it is a safety issue, if someone was around when that pressure released, it would hurt anyone close by and I did not want to load it and haul it for that reason. It was a commercial heavy duty washer, which we thought would last longer, it is about 3 yrs. old. It is used maybe twice a month, and just for personal use at home.

Needless to say it is just sitting out our way so when it blows hopefully no one will get hurt. If they do, I told Dewalt they will be responsible as they have been told and chose to do nothing about it.

I bought a 2011 Ridgeline the first of May. I was having a sound from its front tires. Asked them to check it, they told me it was the brakes and caliper and that it wasn't covered under warranty. My complaint is shouldn't it have been all checked before they sold it.

I received Honda Vezel yesterday from Japan. Model is 2015 and June manufactured. Chassis number ** can identify manufacturing date online. Everything was intact and in working condition. But as soon I start driving the car, the hybrid car switches on the engine but the engine sound is too high. I thought Vezels normally have the same engine noise like an aeroplane jet but when I happened to compare with other Honda Vezels, I found there is some fault due to which the engine noise is so loud and clicks - heard "Trr Trr".

In no way, I could accept this problem in the brand new car I purchased from Japan - just 4 km driven. I want my car tested and rectified. In no way I had spent this much money to get frustration and so much tension, my head aches since last night. Please spread this complaint as much as possible. Hopefully, Honda will react to solve my problem locally through their local Honda company assembling vehicles in Pakistan.

I purchased my Care May 2015. June 2015 my left tail light was out, I replaced it. July 2015 my oil life was on 10%. I got my oil changed on July 31, 2015. Today August 12, 2015 my oil life is down already 10%. I had someone take a look at the car and it seems like I have water damage under the driver seat. When I was on the highway driving home I was doing about 45, the wheel was trembling. :(

I have complained for over a year to our local Honda Dealer concerning the dust that clings to the inside of the vehicle. The district manager was asked to look at it, and he could not see how the dust/dirt was entering the interior except around the door seals. The best they could do locally was to give me the customer service # for Honda Corporation. They gave me a case # and said they would call. 3 weeks later they called and said SORRY but there was nothing they would be willing to do. My husband and I have allergies that have escalated immensely. We have pictures and they also took pictures here in Helena at the dealership.

I bought a 2015 Honda Pilot on May 31st of this year. By the middle of June I got out of the Pilot and I heard a pop. I looked back and saw the driver's seat popped out. I brought it to the dealership and they replaced the (clips) which supposed to hold the seat in. 8 days later same problem so they put new clips in. Within a week the same thing happens so they replaced the whole seat, well here it is 8 days later and same problem.

June 2015 the paint on my 2007 Honda Civic started corroding. The extended warranty due to problems was 7 1/2 years. I missed it by 6 months. They would only split 50/50 for the sections showing corrosion. Their price for 4 sections was the same as Maaco for whole car, new bumper and dents fixed. Costing me $1575 to paint a car with 80,000 miles.

You say that... we are dedicated to supplying products of the highest quality, yet at a reasonable price for worldwide customer satisfaction. Sometimes you are not, definitely not in this instance. Your goal, so you say is to provide joy through your Business: The Joy of Buying: For those who buy your Products. Sorry, you have provided only sadness, mental harassment, agony and created bad environment and, possibly, of serious accident.

You say that, to meet the particular needs of customers in different regions around the world, you base your sales networks, research and development centers and manufacturing facilities in each region. Furthermore, as a socially responsible corporate citizen, you strive to address important environmental and safety issues. This claim is highly doubtful as you have supplied a vehicle without bearing in mind the environmental conditions (at least in this instance) with improper finish and paint job, a manufacturing defect, leading to extreme corrosion which in turn endangers human safety.

Such behavior, lack of quality consciousness, disregard for environment and safety, is helping Honda India to destroy the unparalleled legacy of greatness created by your Respected Founder Mr Soichiro Honda. Remember he also said real happiness lies in completion of work using your own brains and skills. Does the shoddy job provided by you make you happy? We refer you to our previous correspondence and would notify you that if you do not arrange to carry out complete corrosion repairs to the a/m Honda motor car free of cost within 21 days hereof, we shall institute legal proceedings in appropriate form against all of you without any further reference to you.

The facts are as follows: Purchase of one Honda City was made on 13-14/02/2011 upon payment of full value to you. Owing to inherent manufacturing defects, leading to uncontrolled rusting, corrosion of body, even the front portion of the vehicle has caved in as shown in photos. This particular car, if not the batch, has rusted since last more than 2 to 3 years owing to a serious and severe deficiency somewhere along the factory line. The damage and responsibility thereof can be established by various tests available incl. salt spray tests. You may also wish to carry out tests at any world-renowned lab supervised by a leading expert of forensics in motor cars, specializing in rust/corrosion matters.

Your statement formation of rust in car happens due to external natural factors. If that were the case then all cars Honda or otherwise - on Kolkata, if not Indian roads, would start rusting within 1 or 2 years of purchase as it has happened in your case. We own more than 4 cars even more than 20 years old - none is affected by rust as the Honda is, although used equally and parked in the very same covered garage. No stringent quality tests esp. of the paint job at various corners and undulations were carried out by you.

The rusting started after 2, and further deteriorated within 3 years of purchase. Despite the vehicle visiting your workshop numerous times, you did not take any notice of the spreading and dangerous rust. Shockingly, only in 2015 after we sent our Honda to your workshop at your request (and after we were forced to complain to your Japan HO about the corrosion), you stated that some parts incl. underbody was rusted, totally ignoring the dangerous and unseemly rusting of the main body of the Honda! In the 4th year, the damage owing obviously to some sort of manufacturing defect by Honda India is even more dangerous than before. We have found innumerable complaints of rusting and corrosion against Honda City cars sold in India. You are surely aware of this fact.

Damage is not caused by external factors directly but by manufacturing defect or owing to Honda not taking sufficient care during manufacturing process. Similar damage is seen in other Honda cars probably of same batch. Your excuse of warranty period having expired does not hold any water. You do not desire an amicable resolution of our concern and wish us to proceed legally in the interest of justice and fair play. The vehicle is parked in a covered garage in Alipore where not only 4 more cars of mine but numerous other cars of other owners are parked all of whom would gladly confirm that their cars have not corroded coz their cars are not manufactured by Honda.

As a fond lover of my Honda, I ensure personally ensure every morning, that my car is dried thoroughly after being washed and, any extraneous matter, if any, is cleaned. We purchased your product in good faith. We may add that since our complaint, the corrosion has led to the front end of the vehicle under the bonnet to be severely damaged as well, leading to the frontal parts almost falling off the car as you would observe from the spilt slippery material in the photos.

You can easily verify all the similar complaints made against Honda about rust/corrosion and find a pattern of an inherent manufacturing defect and the minutest detail of the corrosion by having the vehicle undergo various investigative tests incl. salt test all of which would establish that Honda is guilty. Kindly note that upon expiry of the response period after August 29, 2015 - we would be free to take all possible action against Honda in India and Japan for being duped to buy a vehicle which has corroded owing to obvious manufacturing defect and we would assume that Honda is not interested to rectify the damage.

Honda Company Profile