Honda

65%
    show rating distribution
Compare Auto Manufacturers

Research top Auto Manufacturers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Tell us about your experience with Honda:

Record a review about your experience with Honda:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Been to work shop not less than 6 times! Explain noises and verified with Honda Tech team, recorded with Honda best technical teams! Slow speed evidently hearing noises under engine compartment! Surely not the honda cars that I know for more than 25 years! Getting louder and louder, mileage now only 9000KM! Honda Service department called and saying final conclusion: Noise is normal in all HRV. Promised to write but did not on what was the findings! Are they afraid that that will affect their impressive sales? Did they tell all potential customers that Honda no more producing the Honda cars That I used to drive without these annoying and characteristics noise or knocking sound when in slow speed that is very obvious in traffic jam?

Well maybe you make sure you drive faster to avoid that, but faster speed also has air rushing in. Well pump up the volume of your music then you can enjoy. (Overcoming the issues YOURSELF LAH!) But make sure the surrounding doesn't have foul smells otherwise you will only enjoy **! Not only the above issues not able to solve simple issues like doors become very hard to close or open also not capable to solve permanently and professionally! Feels like Honda today is no more Honda 20 years ago! What had happened?

Honda refuses to admit the Civics are flawed. The 08 Civic I own has so many they had 2 recalls. The tire constantly wears out unevenly. The condenser is letting rocks hit it making holes so it needs to be replaced. The A/C only works when it wants to! But it only quits on the hottest days! When I take it to the mechanic it works fine! It needs to be not working when I take it in, but, who knows where I'll be when that happens. I'm usually in another city. Honda needs to do right and admit it made a bad car!

I have a Honda Accord that my husband bought for me. The car is 2 years old now and I just had taken it in for service on my brakes. I mentioned that I hate this car because of the road noise. They said "it's probably your tires" and $1200.00 later I have new tires and new brakes but my car is quiet now. They said I should have brought it back after I first got my car. Well, in my opinion it should have been right to begin with. I had NEVER owned a Honda before! I ran into 2 other people that had the same problem with their Honda's. I have no idea what type of tires the factory puts on their cars - but Honda should start with the best - if they want repeat customers.

Door locked jam on driver side of door (only lock channel) on car has been replaced by Union Park Honda service department in the years of 2013 and 2014. I called to have lock replaced and was not informed that there will be charges for replacement of lock and repairs. Service representative by the of ** said that the warranty only covers 12,000 miles. Unfortunately they will have to charge me. He then stated that he had done some research and found that he was told that the lock/locks are FAULTY in certain model Honda's!!! If so why wouldn't Honda replace the door channel/channels with a more sufficient part for their vehicles. I AM A VERY VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

2008 Honda Civic EX - Sept. 2013 with 105,000 miles, the AC intermittently would not work. Refrigerant was good. Eventually by early 2015 would hardly work at all. Taken to Honda dealer where I purchased the car new. There were metal shavings that looked like sand in the system. $3,800 to repair. Wife drove the car exclusively so here's what most likely happened. Compressor went bad in 2013 but still worked and probably made some noise at some point and should have been replaced then. Our fault to some degree, but the point is these compressors only have a shelf life. I've had numerous Honda's and never had compressor problems. Wish I had known, would have never bought the car. Also, I talked to the service rep and he advised me that HR-V have the same problem. Will do everything possible to have Honda reimburse all who had/will AC compressors going bad.

We have a 2010 Honda Odyssey with less than 60,000 miles on it. For the first few years, we had our servicing on the vehicle done at the local Honda dealer. After a few years spending several hours at each visit, we were told by multiple people in our small town about a local mechanic in town who is honest and fair. We switched to this mechanic to support local businesses and it is much more convenient and way less expensive. At our last check up for the car, the mechanic found a leak in the steering rack. It is quite a pricey item to fix and the mechanic stated that a car with our age/mileage should not be experiencing this issue and suggested we call Honda to see if they would do right by us. We promptly called Honda and were instructed to contact our local Honda dealer, have the car inspected and call them back. Apparently, there is a warranty extension on the steering pump (not the steering rack).

When we called the dealer, we were informed that they would charge $134 to inspect the vehicle and if it was the steering pump, we would get our money back. Otherwise, it is $134 out of our pocket. As we attempted to make an appointment, the gentleman we spoke with took no information, didn't give us a time and actually laughed (this was from Joyce Honda in Denville, NJ). We called Honda customer service back and asked to have the $134 waived as we were certain that the problem was with the rack, not the pump, and since we are looking at a costly repair, we aren't willing to waste an additional $134. We were told that all dealers are independently owned and the fee can't be waived. We were also told that they can't help us without having one of their "independently owned" dealers see the car.

They also instructed us that after paying the $134, our case would go to a group who would look at our "loyalty" to Honda; how often we used their dealers to service our cars and how often we have bought a Honda. Our issue is this; clearly there is a faulty part here and yet Honda is not willing to fix the issue easily. We aren't willing to front any cost here especially since we aren't confident we are "loyal" customers since we have our servicing done elsewhere. This is our second and we have to say LAST Honda that we will ever own. Our local mechanic will get our business and we are confident he will fix the problem and all will be well, however, we should not have to cover the cost of a faulty part. Very wrong.

3 month prior to the end of the warranty my Honda Pilot 2012 had so called "Cylinder #1 misfire" issue (Plug #1 was oil fouled). There is a TSB regarding this issue and it involves costly ($5,000) repair. Instead of fixing the issue they replaced the plug and told me that there was a bug in the on-board computer software. 9 month later it happens again. At this point my Honda is not covered by warranty so I bring it to independent mechanic. He replaces same plug again and tells me that I have to bring my car to the dealership ASAP because there is a TSB and they will fix it free of charge. Dealership refuses the fix based on the fact that car already fixed and they can't verify error codes.

Next day I call Honda America only to find out that I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MY CAR BRAKES AGAIN AND THEN BRING IT TO THE DEALER FOR REPAIR! The problem is that when it happens you can drive no more than 10-20 miles until engine is toasted. So if it happens when I am far away from the nearest dealership I am stuck. On the top of that it would take 72 hrs to fix it. This is my first Honda. And it will be my last Honda!

I love my Honda Pilot (2011) but there is one problem. I had my three grandkids for six weeks last summer. In order to keep my car nice, I did not allow them to eat in the car and only gave them water to drink. (I gave them plenty of treats, just not in the car!) When they went home and the car seats were removed, my cloth seat covers were horribly stained, apparently by spilt water! We just accepted this until tonight when our son suggested I do some research. Is this a common problem with these cloth seat covers? Has Honda had to deal with complaints on this? Curious if others had this experience.

I am not very happy with Honda as of today. A part of the front suspension fell out onto the highway apparently today. This vehicle was Honda "certified" but now I am finding out vehicle was apparently wrecked with is big no no. Just buyers beware that "bullet proof" Honda is no better than our old suppliers at Chevy and Ford. P.S. I am also being hung with $800 repair bill for something that is no fault of my operation of vehicle.

Honda refuses to provide rental car while RECALL parts are back-ordered. Honda's Recall Letter to us states - if we drive our 06 Honda Pilot, "The defects in these vehicles could kill or injure you or other people in your vehicle." We received the recall letter on April 24, 2015. Same day I called Parker Honda, Morehead City, NC to schedule the work. I was told it would be several weeks before the parts could be ordered and installed. Parker Honda said to contact Honda Customer Service (HCS) about a rental car. I called HCS to get a rental vehicle that day and got a Case #. I was told we could not immediately have a rental car for the 'several weeks' until our vehicle can be repaired. WE ARE PAYING FOR A RENTAL CAR TO AVOID BEING KILLED BY THIS DEFECTIVE VEHICLE. HCS WILL NOT RETURN CALLS/MSGS TO PROVIDE TEMPORARY VEHICLE.

Accord EX V6 2006. Service Bulletin #08-045: Idler pulley mounting surface is tilted, causing timing belt to rub against pulser flange on drive pulley. Repair includes installation of taper shim kit and a water pump, and grinding a relief on engine mount bracket, if needed. Cost to Repair Defect: > $1,000 Stance of AHM: AHM acknowledges defect, but will not accept financial responsibility for repair of defect. AHM claims that vehicle is 14,500 miles and 4 years outside of normal warranty. Therefore, owner of vehicle is financially responsibility for repair of defect.

Complaint: AHM released a defective product into market. Consequently, AHM should be held financially responsible for repairing that defective product. A warranty written by AHM should not exempt AHM from rightful financial responsibility.

I purchased a 2011 Ridgeline and within the 5 years it has 30k miles and has been in the shop 20 times and still has to go in again. Problems from oil leaks to windows not working in the cold. Honda and the dealer won't step up and take responsibility for this lemon. The lemon law board in Vermont was the biggest waste of time ever. They won't let me show my evidence that this was a lemon. Makes me wonder who is paying them off. My first Ridgeline that was made in Canada was an unbelievable vehicle. This Ridgeline was made in Alabama. Typical USA quality. I'll never deal with Honda USA or auto master ever again.

We were denied warranty coverage by Honda America since they claim we did not follow the correct procedures for towing as outlined in the manual. I followed the procedures each day we traveled but they still denied coverage. Has anyone else suffered this injustice? Consequences - we are out of pocket $ 6,400. The dealer in New Orleans that did the work is Premier Honda.

I have been back and forth to the Honda dealership and have explained to the salesman, auto mechanic multiple times that since the purchase of my Honda which was new at the time the air meter icon kept appearing. The representative kept saying well bring it back we'll put air in it. Not until after a nail got in that same tire was it discovered the rim had a crack. People who'd been in the car kept asking why does this new car wheels make that sound. Well now I know and the Dealership does not stand by anything except selling a vehicle. Help!

On my 2012 Honda pilot there is a terrible shake and humming noise. This all started at 28,000 miles. When driving at any speed from 20 mph to 70 mpg. There is an awful shake that comes from the vehicle when it is in the eco mode. I have taken it to the dealership 4 times. Each time they claim that they have fixed. On a test ride with the manager the last time he told that the shake I am feeling is a normal characteristic of the Honda pilot. I kindly told him him that they didn't list that as one of the selling point. He responded by saying that it is normal and there is no fix for it. I strongly feel that no one should have paid 30k for a vehicle that has a shake in it. So once again I will be going back to Bianchi Honda in Erie, PA to see if they will fix my pilot or take it back.

At 500 miles the vehicle shook violently at a stop sign. Since there is a vibration of the entire vehicle when idling in Drive gear...at stop lights. Everything shakes. American Honda and the dealer said there is a fix in the works. Honda case managers are evasive and say it's not a defect. Many are online complaining. I've reported to the CA state attorney general, written a certified letter, opened 2 cases with Honda. No fix.

I own a 2009 Honda Civic. I have had multiple issues with the drivers side lock and the trunk lock. I have had it replaced once under warranty. But the drivers side lock broke again after the warranty was expired. I have had to replace my brake pads before even reaching 30,000 miles. And recently received a letter in the mail saying I can make a claim for a class action suit due faulty brake pads that were applied on the Honda Civics from 2006 to 2009. The local Honda dealership, Spreen Honda, was offering free oil changes to people for a good review on Yelp, desperate times for Honda. Such cheap accessories and parts applied by such a major corporation, thanks for exploiting the middle class.

My 2013 Honda CRV has only 19000 km on it. It rolls backwards a few feet whenever it is in park.

Engine dashlight on with subsequent slipping of the transmission when attempting to gain speed or accelerate. Had service on transmission done per recommendations from code repair mechanic obtained when taken in for service, and all recommended service per owner's manual current and has been done. I am original owner of vehicle purchased at Orr Honda in Texarkana. I have reviewed the thousands of complaints online of this same thing on NHTSA, highway safety commission, and the center for auto safety car complaints sites.

Many report an eventual deceleration from either the transmission dropping down suddenly to a lower gear, or total transmission failure, some nearly resulting in accidents on busy highways and I'm certain others that are still unreported as mine was until I began to research this engine light and codes that are being given with some suggested electrical 3rd & 4th gear switch replacement and close examination of the lines supplying the tranny fluid to different areas of tranny, as well as the drain and refill times two. Some even recommend three and then if issue reoccurs or simply doesn't improve at all, all have pretty much been advised by their Honda Dealership that they need either to replace the torque converter &/or the entire transmission and majority are left being told that it is their problem solely to pay for.

Now while I'm no attorney, nor am I an experienced mechanic, but I am a licensed practicing medical professional who witness firsthand what a serious vehicle accident can do to devastate a person's health and life as well as that of their family and friends. So I am questioning why the spokesperson for NHTSA, Karen Aldana, as she stated in her interview printed in the Jan. 8th, 2011 issue of the NY Times would state that they were considering another investigation into this matter if the court-mandated recall in 04 on specific 03 & 04 Pilots and other models as well with the VIN #'s they issued recall for continued to experience transmission issues that consequently could result in serious safety issues.

I would think that after this court-ordered class action settlement regarding the recall of Honda various makes and models on the airbags that have caused loss of life and tragic accidents as well as life-altering pain and undue suffering that NHTSA and Honda would err on the side of good faith and customer safety and have an obvious warranted and needed recall and replace or cover repair costs on their product that they continue to deny exists. And when I read as many consumer complaints as I have the past week it doesn't take a genius to realize their transmission in the said make and model vehicles suffers a serious obvious design flaw, doesn't have sufficient filtration internally to prevent foreign body flakes that can begin to occur if torque converter begins to fail, results in the serious costly and I'm sure thousands of reported issues as well as at least that many more that go unreported to this day.

I should hope it isn't going to also take tragic loss of life or injury to us the very customers that keep them in business and were sold a product we were lead to believe they would stand behind in the event of such an issue of this magnitude. I am going to do whatever I can to bring a new spotlight of attention on this travesty and seek out a law firm to once again hold Honda accountable for this ongoing problem that consumers are being forced to either cover the expense of repair or take their losses and simply buy a different vehicle which from all I have read will never purchase another Honda product due to their poorly handled resolution to this that they very well know they are responsible for and deny to address.

And if someone has or does suffer serious injury from this transmission flaw I should hope that they are held legally accountable for it and the justice system will punish the responsible party or parties accountable, not that that will be enough. What a shame to see a automobile Dealer that once had such high standards and a product to back it up who stood behind it fall to this level and sit by and be allowed to do little or nothing to help the very people that helped them achieve the status they have today.

But that status I predict is going to soon slip away and they may find themselves in the very situation others have such as the Chrysler corporation before they began to realize if they wanted to survive they must provided a superior product, put their customers first and stand behind the products they sell. This issue covers such a broad spectrum of their make and models and so many people have needlessly been put in a position to suffer due to it that left unaddressed and not rectified their demise will soon follow. A product design flaw is one thing but negligence and a corporate cover-up are an entire other story.

2nd time our 2012 Pilot rolled a few feet after being put in park. No one was hurt. Honda looked at this after the first incident and said the vehicle was fine.

Honda Civic 2007 LX - 7 years later, replacing corroded right front engine mount ($675 approx.) - forums say this is common. Previously, airbag system shuts down one month after paying off car (5 yrs.) due to failed passenger-side airbag sensor in seat ($1000+ to fix - didn't bother). Based on experience with Honda "quality", it's over for me and Honda. This will be the last ever Honda for us. Buying the second Honda was a mistake.

The Honda 2013 CRV Nav system is totally unsafe and dangerous. I have contacted Honda many times and always receive a "Who Cares" attitude. The system was sold by Honda but they could care less. Never buy a Honda and expect any quality or concerns for keeping a brand new system operable. Honda has absolutely no sense of responsibility for the product as soon as it is sold even during the first part of warranty. THINK BETTER AND NEVER BUY A HONDA!

I have been driving Accords since 1989, I learned a very valuable lesson. Once you have purchased your vehicle (this is my third Accord), per Honda of America any dealership has the option not to service your car. I was told to find a dealer that would work on my car. In my opinion this is not the way to treat a LOYAL customer. I have sent many individuals to purchase this brand---No more. Customer loyalty is not of high value to HONDA.

After around 10,000 miles I noticed the chrome peeling on my 2013 Accord EXL. These were special ordered at a cost of $1600! The dealer replaced them, and now at 26,000 they are peeling again! Very cheap chrome plating job. Now the only alternative without any out of pocket expense is to downgrade to a standard stock wheel, if I want to steer away from the the obviously defective chrome like wheels I paid an exuberant price for. What a rip off!

When I bought my '05 Honda Accord Hybrid, I was told the hybrid battery would last to 150,000 to 200,000 miles. At 81,000, just after the warranty expired, the check engine & IMA (hybrid battery) light came on. I paid $300 for a 'software upgrade' at the time & was assured by Honda Customer Service that they would stand by their product. Over the next couple of years, the lights came on periodically and I've had to pay for additional 'software upgrades.' The last time it happened, the lights came on again less than 30 days later.

Now Honda is saying the battery is bad and needs to be replaced, at my expense. I have called several dealers and gotten estimates ranging from $2,700 to $5,700 (for parts only). When I purchased this car, I was told the battery would cost $2,000 or less. Now I'm stuck with a car that will not pass a state safety inspection without paying several thousand dollars for a replacement battery. On top of it, the car has NEVER gotten the mileage Honda claimed it would get. In fact, it gets WORSE mileage than my last Honda Accord.

Purchased new June 2013 in Canada, the Dealer did not disclose there was a Class Action Lawsuit over Oil burning with VCM technology on V-6's in the US. They knowingly sold me a defective vehicle. Brought in 4 Deceleration issues the Service Manager blamed us for Misapplication of the Brake Pedal when TSB #13-031 in the US was to correct the problem. Another Automaker used this story line to deflect the blame. In August 013 the NAV Unit was affected by water leaking by the out of place washer hose grommet on the hatch flooding a module in the trunk. A under dash HVAC unit was also replaced. The odor was similar to perfumes used in Portable Outhouses. This took 1 month to fix. It was in the shop an average of 5.71 days per month the first 7 months.

Customer Relations stated Honda does not rent vehicles and wanted to know who told me they do. Policy is after 5 hours in the Shop they're to provide a loaner or rental. I also purchased 8 year Extended Warranty for 200,000 Kl. July 2/14 the NAV Unit was melting down again with the same horrible perfume odor. I spent the night in ER. Fed up with the car, I left it at the Dealer for 2 months. I tried in good faith to have Honda remedy the issue. In 17 months I never heard the cooling fans until November 13/2014 Technicians said there's no PCM Codes. I think Honda better audit the capability of their computers to detect issues like Coolant fans not running. They denied any oil leak on July 2nd; but when I learned of the Class Action 1 month ago opening the hood oil is leaking on the exhaust manifold. 2 weeks later in a rainstorm the NAV unit Od'd again.

The Service Department was not printing Work Orders that I would sign off on until I demanded they do after the 3rd visit. No Paper Trail makes for good PR & auto ratings. The Crosstour handles solidly, but their cursed with the VCM. I had the Accura Dealer verify the Head Gasket leaking oil yesterday. The Honda Dealer owner & Service Manager must hire smell & sight impaired mechanics. He has abused our trust. The California Class Action settlement is an Environmental Disgrace allowing new Honda V-6's burning 1 quart of oil every 750 miles to operate in a State where even lawnmowers had to meet Emissions Standards. This Settlement should be appealed. In Ontario Canada 10 year old vehicles have to meet the Province's Drive Clean Emissions testing to remain in use. These Honda's would not even pass after 10,000 Kl. never mind 10 years. So basically the investment is lost, and the owner is only covered by the Extended Warranty for 8 years. Honda gladly sold me a 8 year warranty. Who compensates us for inhaling burning motor oil affecting our health and the Environment, our poor gas mileage, oil usage and lost time taking these engineering fiascoes to the Shop.

If Honda is still producing engines with VCM the Environmental Protection Agency should sue them for Billions, plus the DOJ for willful blindness and criminal negligence, especially over the Deceleration issue where Rear End Collision's can occur endangering human life. How would the vehicle rear ending a Decelerated Honda know what happened when the brake lights did not come on. Even though TSB # 13-031 is published they only fix the failing Oil switches Reactively after there are problems, which could mean after loss of human life.

I purchased a Honda because of the excellent ratings www.HealthyStuff.org had about interior panels in Honda's having the lowest rating of all Automakers for Chemical Off-gassing which can impair the occupants health in vehicles. Honda has a little homework to do about engines spewing burning motor oil into the AC system and atmosphere & Electronic components melting down inside the cabin.

I purchased a brand new 2014 Honda Civic Ex this year. It now has 20,000 km on it and let's just say don't believe what you read when Honda tells you you'll get exceptional fuel mileage. I don't even get good mileage. On average my fuel light comes on before it even hits 350 km. Right now my tank is sitting at 1/8 and there's 286 km on it. I'll be lucky if I hit 350 km. I've contacted honda multiple times and no help whatsoever. I purchased this vehicle for fuel mileage as I had a Chevy Tahoe prior to. I got better mileage on my truck than I do this car. I will never purchase another honda ever again. I am trying to get rid of this one now and very displeased with how Honda has treated the whole situation.

Brand new Honda Pilot 2014 EX-L 4WD. Bought it from Union Honda located in Wilmington DE. After driving for few months gas cap door fell off because the round gas cap door is cheap piece of plastic clip on cover. Car dealer won't fix it unless I pay few hundred dollar. They told me it don't cover under warranty because there is no default, I broke it. Paid thousands of dollar for new car to put epoxy glue to hold the gas cap door. Feels great.

I own a 2010 Honda Accord coupe EX. This is now the second time the rear driver side quarter panel has cracked. My assumption is because of the quality of the rear quarter panel, material of it, and the cold weather. Both times the quarter panel has cracked, it has started out about an inch and then grew to four or five inches. Same spot both times. The first instance the entire quarter panel was replaced by a Honda dealer. I'm now waiting on my insurance company to determine if this was a defect in the repair. I think Honda needs to take ownership as this has to be a common problem with these model Accords. I find it hard to believe that this is now the second quarter panel and has cracked in the same spot again. Seems like a defect and a recall needed from Honda.

I was in an accident on Nov 4, 2014. While I was pulling into a parking space with my foot on the brake, my 2009 Honda Fit Sport suddenly accelerated with the RPM gauge pegged to the top. I hit the handicap pole after the car jumped the parking space curb and the engine was still revving high after impact. I had to turn off the car to stop the engine. Damage to car: bumper, edge of hood, airbags and seatbelt pulled completely away from side of car paneling. I was injured as well and had to seek medical attention. I contacted West Hills Honda in Bremerton, WA and Mike the Service Manager refused to accept any responsibility and advised me to contact Honda America in Torrance, CA. I spoke with Honda's claim rep Jennifer ** and she arranged for a field rep Robert from Honda to meet us at West Hills Honda.

Of course, they could find nothing wrong except for some engine codes P01701 and P0400, which Honda says was due to the accident (engine did not appear to be damaged after accident). As I was leaving the dealership an Employee had heard the conversation I was having w/ the service manager and said, "Just so you're aware I have driven a few Honda Fits on the lot and have had the same acceleration issue and almost hit a wall." Also, was told by West Hills Honda that the tire pressure code/light was on although all four tires had the right amount of air. He stated it could be an electrical issue. Hmmm maybe the ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CABLE was affected by this "electrical issue"? You think??????

Honda Company Profile